• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Pikachu Metagame Discussion

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
Hey Pikas! How does Pika do against Luigi/Mario/Fox? I'm a Luigi main and I'm completely inexperienced in the Pikachu match up outside of FG (lol), but from that small taste on FG I'm wondering if it might be in Pikas favour. If it happens to be in Pikas favour, do either Mario or Fox go even/have an advantage? I don't imagine either has an advantage, but just thought I'd ask ^_^.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Hey guys, what can Pikachu do against Ness? He's the character I struggle with the most. He can absorb Thunder Jolt and Thunder, and that back throw can be a real problem sometimes.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Hey Pikas! How does Pika do against Luigi/Mario/Fox? I'm a Luigi main and I'm completely inexperienced in the Pikachu match up outside of FG (lol), but from that small taste on FG I'm wondering if it might be in Pikas favour. If it happens to be in Pikas favour, do either Mario or Fox go even/have an advantage? I don't imagine either has an advantage, but just thought I'd ask ^_^.
Luigi is a pain but I have no good experience against one. What I can determine is that he has a stronger SH aerial game than Pikachu's but not ground game if you don't run into his jabs. His floatiness makes him hard to juggle but at least he is very gimpable off-stage. I *believe* this all applies to Mario as well.
Fox is an extreme fast faller (like Sheik) and as such is very susceptible to juggling, especially by u-tilt. His recovery is predictable so put yourself between him and the stage off-stage. No t-jolt approaches against Fox for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Soul.

Pika vs. Fox is uhhh... in Pika's favor? If Pika had chain grabs it would definitely be on its favor... but this isn't Brawl.

Both can combo, both are light, both have good recoveries. Only difference is that Fox is a fast faller so that means Pikachu's up tilt is one of the best moves in the matchup. Thunder Jolt can gimp his recovery. FAir and offstage Thunder also work. Standard Pikachu stuff as always. Down tilt, Quick Attack, up smash to punish and KO. You can up throw to Thunder as well but there's a chance he will DI.

You really don't want to use Thunder Jolt on the ground most of the time because Fox's Reflector reflects it and yeah. Use it when he attacks.

I don't know about Mario and Luigi.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Hey guys, what can Pikachu do against Ness? He's the character I struggle with the most. He can absorb Thunder Jolt and Thunder, and that back throw can be a real problem sometimes.
I may be crazy for this but I've always loved fighting characters who are ready with the down+b to absorb my jolts. This includes G&W. You know why? It gives you a powerful baiting tool which has a remarkable success rate. I will certainly allow Ness to absorb my jolt in exchange for getting grabbed. The thunder is what you should be extraordinarily careful in using. And not much can be done about that back throw. Try not to stay grounded. Ness loves his SH nair so you'll want to challenge his SH nair with your own. Autocanceled SH dairs are golden too especially at higher percents due to Ness utilizing throw combos and back throw as a kill move. If you are close to Ness during his recovery attempt he is easily gimped. If not, but you are at a low percent, feel free to intentionally get hit by his PK Thunder recovery because when Ness hits an opponent this way it cuts the recovery distance by about half.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
Pikachu can wall Luigi out and force him to approach because of Thunderjolt, so I'd say that yes, he has a slight advantage in the MU.

Mario is probably dead even with Pikachu, especially with customs. Pikachu can gimp Mario, but onstage is pretty much in Mario's favor because of Mario's additional weight and airspeed. He can wall Pikachu out in the air and make it difficult to land a KO or grab.

Fox is probably in Pikachu's favor by a tiny bit, because Pikachu can gimp Fox and punish his mistakes hard.

No t-jolt approaches against Fox for obvious reasons.
I love tjolt approaches against Fox. Reflector puts him in a laggy state which can be Quick Attacked if you react fast enough. This sets you up for a u-tilt chain.

A really cool trick you can do also is b-reverse tjolt in front of Fox. He'll reflector on reaction, and you gain ground without any trouble.

Absolutely the most important thing against Ness is edgeguarding. Perfect your edgeguarding game, and never ever let him on to the stage or ledge for free. You might miss sometimes and end up in a bad situation, but who cares? It's Pikachu. He can just get back to a good situation with QA again. You have to be aggressive because Ness stuffs Pikachu on the stage and kills way earlier. Jump near him while he's using PK Thunder to recover and use Thunder; if you time it right, you won't get hit by the PKT2 but you will send Ness flying. It takes a bit of practice and a lot of guts.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I love tjolt approaches against Fox. Reflector puts him in a laggy state which can be Quick Attacked if you react fast enough. This sets you up for a u-tilt chain.

A really cool trick you can do also is b-reverse tjolt in front of Fox. He'll reflector on reaction, and you gain ground without any trouble.
Hey that is creative. I'll have to try that sometime.

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
ness is weird hes disjointed and hard to apporch we hit him really hard when we get in Nair breaks combos off stage he really has two options in a lot of cases go for the ledge or go for the stage. if he goes for the stage its gonna be something like Fair comming in or Air dodge fun fact Fsmash beats both of those you just have to be situated in the right spot and time it right.

if he goes for the ledge when you dive down theres a few options first one is jolt. people might be thinking what? you can hit the PKT2 with jolt getting rid of it (which is hard to do) you can hit ness after he hits him self if you do this it cuts the distance by a fair bit of the PKT2 which can make it so he doesnt reach the ledge. or you can just hit him before hand sending him further out allow you to rejolt him for one of the other situations or go for something else entirely also if the ness is waiting off stage not commiting he can jump canceled his magnet meaning he can absorb your jolt then use his second jump dont get baited understand the situations where hes forced to commit.

if you dive him straight with Fair or Bair know the spacing for it obviously it works but if he hits you with PK thunder 2 it hurts bad. be ready to be stage spiked in a lot of cases so tech

alternatively there is the option to just go below him and thunder him with the spike hit box and just kill him.

likewise walling him off with thunder and also note if you go below ness and he magnets your thunder you dont get the upwards momentum from the thunder which can kill you (this also applies to rosa with gravity pull)

on stage realize that fighting him in the air is tough as hell. his fair outspaces you badly. his upair is also nuts so dont bother challenging either. his Nair combo breaks to. if you opt for a ground approach understand hes gonna want grabs cause free grab combo damage and at high % he has kill throws. use lots of Dtilt running around baiting Fsmash landings low % combos of course pivot grabs etc. when hes above you go ham beat him up with Up airs cause his Dair sucks and his landing options are fairly limted a lot of them will try landing with Fairs for example and remember Fsmash outspaces Fair.

when at high %s stay center stage it limits his kill options get get caught by roll into ledge and back throw and know you can snipe PK thunders hit box with jolt to defend your self in the air ive wave bounced jolts and disabled them many times before.

past that i cant think of much more i know Esam know this MU stupidly well

NairWizard

Somewhere
likewise walling him off with thunder and also note if you go below ness and he magnets your thunder you dont get the upwards momentum from the thunder which can kill you (this also applies to rosa with gravity pull)

Yeah, you should never try to hit Ness with Thunder from below unless you are b-reversing the Thunder. Instead, try to be right next to him and hit him with the Thunder as it hits your body. He can't absorb that, and it kills him instantly at high percents.

skiboots

Smash Cadet
NNID
skiboots
Someone please help me with the Ness match up. I can't rely on thunder / thunder bolt so I have an extremely hard time approaching. I feel so lost against Ness :/

NairWizard

Somewhere
Someone please help me with the Ness match up. I can't rely on thunder / thunder bolt so I have an extremely hard time approaching. I feel so lost against Ness :/
Learn to love d-tilt, up-tilt, sh f-air, and sh d-air. That's about it. D-tilt is your best tool in the MU; Ness has no answer due to his lack of range. Average Nesses will roll behind you when you d-tilt pressure, so be careful not to overcommit to d-tilt and end up getting grabbed from behind. Up-tilt catches the roll, so try d-tilt -> pause, wait for roll -> react to roll and up-tilt.

Last edited:

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
Hey everyone,

One of my noob friend was using Megaman yesterday and just kept spamming Pellets non stop. He was just standing on the ground and doing it. I tried to use SH or Full jump Jolts but pellets always canceled them.
I won the game quite easily but my friend is a total noob. If a good Megaman player would SH pellets non stop, I don't see how you can approach.

I tried to quick attack over then striking him with the 2nd one but one could easily see it coming and shield than Up tilt for good punish (or kill). I also tried to quick attack behind him but the lag when you hit the ground made him able to just turn around and keep shooting.

You have to approach if he's ahead and even slighly behind since he can always mix up Side B and Neutral B if he see you just stay there... You could always just shield/dodge them but I would prefer to find a way to approach then stalling until time out.

Any tips to approach megaman who does that ?

Last edited:

Soul.

Play patiently and wait until Mega Man stops using NAir...or well, find an opening. Pikachu is faster than him, use that to your advantage.
Of course Mega Man's NAir is fast and will disrupt Pikachu's game, but you could run and shield, I guess. I haven't seen any Pikachu vs. Mega Man matches so I can't say for sure.

NairWizard

Somewhere
Shield pellets, run in between barrages. Pikachu's ground speed is great. Megaman struggles against characters who can run in between barrages of pellets (so characters with high ground speed). Learn the pattern. It's 3 pellets that you have to shield, then gain ground.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Does Pikachu have any specific weaknesses? I face a Pikachu player at a weekly tournament I go to. Here's what I know:

-Fair and Dair auto-cancel and are hard to punish.
-I can't punish his retreat Fair
-I can't escape UThrow to Thunder at high percents
-He has Fair and Bair combos that rack up damage quickly, send me off-stage, and can even gimp me very quickly. They're inescapable strings
-He likes to Quick Attack back-forth or triangulate it in the air forward/back-down diagonal. These are hard to punish.
-UTilt hits behind him and is hard to punish
-Loves Nair

I main Ike and I find it hard to get solid hits on him. He'll camp with Thunder Jolt in the air by the platforms on Battlefield, then come out of nowhere. His grab game is really good because it comes quickly and is hard to punish since when I see the opening, he's already back-rolled. He can kill with USmash around 115% or so - same for the UThrow to Thunder combo. And when he does Bair, it's a freebie since most of my moves don't hit that low.

What do you guys have problems with when facing Ike? Anything in particular I'm missing?

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Does Pikachu have any specific weaknesses? I face a Pikachu player at a weekly tournament I go to. Here's what I know:

-Fair and Dair auto-cancel and are hard to punish.
-I can't punish his retreat Fair
-I can't escape UThrow to Thunder at high percents
-He has Fair and Bair combos that rack up damage quickly, send me off-stage, and can even gimp me very quickly. They're inescapable strings
-He likes to Quick Attack back-forth or triangulate it in the air forward/back-down diagonal. These are hard to punish.
-UTilt hits behind him and is hard to punish
-Loves Nair

I main Ike and I find it hard to get solid hits on him. He'll camp with Thunder Jolt in the air by the platforms on Battlefield, then come out of nowhere. His grab game is really good because it comes quickly and is hard to punish since when I see the opening, he's already back-rolled. He can kill with USmash around 115% or so - same for the UThrow to Thunder combo. And when he does Bair, it's a freebie since most of my moves don't hit that low.

What do you guys have problems with when facing Ike? Anything in particular I'm missing?
Yeah, it's tough to fight Pikachu with Ike. :4pikachu: can combo him pretty easily.
Anyways,
Dair doesn't always autocancel. It depends on the timing of the attack. If it collides with the ground and makes a little shockwave, you'll have an opportunity to hit him.
You can also punish Quick Attack if he's too reckless. Pikachu is vulnerable at the beginning, middle (end of the first streak), and end.
I've fought some good Ikes in the past. And what I would say is that reads are very important (and this is true for any match). Pikachu needs to hit Ike multiple times to rack up damage, but Ike doesn't need as many.
Now some more specific advice: On a stage with platforms, what I've seen some Ike players fall through a platform and use his Bair since it's his fastest air attack. That can catch a Pikachu who isn't careful.
And here's something that I thought would be a good strategy (though it needs to be tested more): try conditioning your opponent with counter. Use it often for a while so that your opponent will expect the counter more often. At that moment, start using some other moves to catch them. Then mix in some counters again afterwards to confuse your opponents and slaughter them.
Hope this helps! :)

Now, I've got my own question. :4diddy: On For Glory, virtually all of the Diddys stink. But yesterday, I faced a good Diddy at a tournament, and I had some major difficulties with him. I've heard a lot of people say that DIing out of his up throw is crucial for beating him, but I tried that and it just left me vulnerable to his other aerials. :( After looking at the replays of my defeat, I have some ideas on how to beat Mr. Hoo Haa that I wanted to run by you guys first. And also, I was hoping that there's some helpful advice you could give too.

Anyways, Diddy is very grabby. Usually, he'll use that banana peel to trip and grab you, but he doesn't have to rely on it. So an important think to do is avoid the grabs. That might entail catching his bananas (and not leaving yourself vulnerable to them) or simply spot-dodging at the right time. I think that it would be best to keep your distance when playing against Diddy (this is the part that I'm not sure is valid). Thunder Jolt is your friend in this battle. Keep dodging and avoiding him until you find an opening, and then take it and beat the bananas out of him! If you can get him off the stage and force him to recover low, it'll be easier to gimp him since his vertical recovery is not that great. <-- Did you notice that I boldfaced, italicized, and underlined "vertical"? I did that because Monkey Flip is really good for horizontal recovery. Simply throwing him off the stage won't make him vulnerable to gimping. Also, while I suggested keeping your distance from him onstage, that side special can help him close the gap between you two pretty quickly. So you have to be ready to shield his Monkey Flip. (Another thing I'm not sure is valid: I feel that Monkey Flip is slightly easier to perfect shield than most other moves. Though it's pretty fast, you can see it coming fairly early.)

Does that analysis seem somewhat good? Any thoughts, additional suggestions, improvements?

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
Anyways, Diddy is very grabby. Usually, he'll use that banana peel to trip and grab you, but he doesn't have to rely on it. So an important think to do is avoid the grabs. That might entail catching his bananas (and not leaving yourself vulnerable to them) or simply spot-dodging at the right time. I think that it would be best to keep your distance when playing against Diddy (this is the part that I'm not sure is valid). Thunder Jolt is your friend in this battle. Keep dodging and avoiding him until you find an opening, and then take it and beat the bananas out of him! If you can get him off the stage and force him to recover low, it'll be easier to gimp him since his vertical recovery is not that great. <-- Did you notice that I boldfaced, italicized, and underlined "vertical"? I did that because Monkey Flip is really good for horizontal recovery. Simply throwing him off the stage won't make him vulnerable to gimping. Also, while I suggested keeping your distance from him onstage, that side special can help him close the gap between you two pretty quickly. So you have to be ready to shield his Monkey Flip. (Another thing I'm not sure is valid: I feel that Monkey Flip is slightly easier to perfect shield than most other moves. Though it's pretty fast, you can see it coming fairly early.)

Does that analysis seem somewhat good? Any thoughts, additional suggestions, improvements?

Don't shield Monkey Flip; you'll get command-grabbed. Spotdodge it instead, or pivot f-tilt it. But don't shield it.

If Diddy tries to recover using Monkey Flip you have to hit him out of it with Thunder or n-air, depending on where he is. Force him to use his vertical recovery.

His vertical recovery is actually very good as long as he's not directly below the lip of the stage. He can angle it even if he is to go around you. You have to aggressively chase him. Use your double jump, and rely on Quick Attack to make it back to the stage. It's worth the risk of taking Diddy's stock early.

Thunder Jolt is kind of useless in this battle. Diddy can powershield it with a banana in hand and then you're in the air, against Diddy Kong, and he has a great out of shield option. You're better off pressuring him with d-tilt. Jab when he gets near you to prevent him from grabbing. Do not just throw out spotdodges, that's how you get f-smashed and die early.

z-catch banana peels. If you do that, you can tjolt camp him a little bit because one of his best out of shield options is gone, and you have a strong tool to interrupt his approach. You can also set up the banana peel on the ground, but I don't know exactly how Pikachu capitalizes on that situation.

d-tilt and up-tilt are your friends here. SH f-air gets you SH f-aired in return.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Don't shield Monkey Flip; you'll get command-grabbed. Spotdodge it instead, or pivot f-tilt it. But don't shield it.

If Diddy tries to recover using Monkey Flip you have to hit him out of it with Thunder or n-air, depending on where he is. Force him to use his vertical recovery.

His vertical recovery is actually very good as long as he's not directly below the lip of the stage. He can angle it even if he is to go around you. You have to aggressively chase him. Use your double jump, and rely on Quick Attack to make it back to the stage. It's worth the risk of taking Diddy's stock early.

Thunder Jolt is kind of useless in this battle. Diddy can powershield it with a banana in hand and then you're in the air, against Diddy Kong, and he has a great out of shield option. You're better off pressuring him with d-tilt. Jab when he gets near you to prevent him from grabbing. Do not just throw out spotdodges, that's how you get f-smashed and die early.

z-catch banana peels. If you do that, you can tjolt camp him a little bit because one of his best out of shield options is gone, and you have a strong tool to interrupt his approach. You can also set up the banana peel on the ground, but I don't know exactly how Pikachu capitalizes on that situation.

d-tilt and up-tilt are your friends here. SH f-air gets you SH f-aired in return.
Got it. Thanks! :)

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
Ok guys I need advice on Matchup vs Yoshi.

Yoshi used to be my main and I love him but he wreck Pika...
He's one of the only character that hit strong and fast enough for me to play defensive... is it wrong ?

Our projectile lose against his (in a spammy way), his jab prevent us a lot form going in. A lot of hit do 3 times the damage ours do but he can hit you with them just as easily as you do (not like ganondorf)

Any help here...
general tips ?

NairWizard

Somewhere
Ok guys I need advice on Matchup vs Yoshi.

Yoshi used to be my main and I love him but he wreck Pika...
He's one of the only character that hit strong and fast enough for me to play defensive... is it wrong ?

Our projectile lose against his (in a spammy way), his jab prevent us a lot form going in. A lot of hit do 3 times the damage ours do but he can hit you with them just as easily as you do (not like ganondorf)

Any help here...
general tips ?
You can punish Yoshi for tossing eggs with either Quick Attack if he's on the ground or just gaining stage presence if he's in the air, so don't feel like you have to get dominated by eggs in this MU. Camping him isn't really a good idea because it just leaves you vulnerable to eggs.

Generally, Yoshi is vulnerable to SH f-air, both on the ground and in the air. You can swat him out of the air if he's using his mobility to try to approach you pretty much every time. Space yourself around the f-air; you'll beat n-air naturally. If he is reversed to use b-air then you can just punish the ending lag instead of challenging with a f-air. Be careful because b-reverse command grab is a real threat; you can spotdodge it on reaction if you're safely on the ground, though.

Yoshi's grab is really bad, mostly because he doesn't get much reward from his throws, so you can shield a lot in this MU. Yoshi's shield pressure is good, but if you put him in the corner and then shield all of his options are horrible. You can safely pressure with d-tilt from this situation and just shield whenever he takes an action. If he jumps you just jump out of your shield and follow with a f-air or b-air.

Yoshi's jab is strong but it beats... what, exactly? f-air still works on the tip of his nose, d-tilt outspaces him and is slightly disjointed, pivot f-smash is great as always... just stay out of his jab range and you don't have to worry about it. So, basically, spacing is important in this MU!

Last edited:

LumpyGravy

Smash Cadet
NNID
shigalev

How does the neutral work then? If we're not permitted to use our projectile or aerial approaches (I believe the latter is what you were alluding to at the end of your post) then our approaching options are limited to quick attack or hoping we can get a grab. Does he really shut down that many of our options?

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Let's talk about he he would do against Kirby.
Kirby has overall stronger moves and a better edge guarding game then Pikachu and he can rack up damage pretty nicely and has a few strong throws with fast attacks.
Pikachu has a better approach then Kirby and has slightly faster attacks overall and can camp better with thunderjolts.

Because of Kirbys multiple jumps, it's easy to avoid Pikachu and if they actually come offstage, it could do more harm to them.
Pikachus offstage game gets pretty predictable and is easy to avoid.

In Brawl I learned to perfect shield Pikachus thunderjolt pretty easily.

If you can do that and learn what the Pikachu does after approaching or doing whatever with TJ, then it should generally be slightly in your favor.
Because FG only has omega stages, idk what the matchup would be like on stages with plattforms( I would imagine it would help Kirby more so he has an easier time avoiding the TJ)
Overall on flat stages :4kirby:50:50:4pikachu: on stages with platforms:4kirby:55:45:4pikachu:

Now for Peach
-Has great range in her attacks
-Has a lot of KO moves
-Has an overall better recovery
-Has a more useful and versatile projectile
-Has great combo ability
-Has a deadly edge guarding game.

Pikachu
-Has faster attacks overall
-Can combo fast, but only to certain percents
-Has decent Ariels

I don't know very much about Pikachu because I don't face them often in FG
Peach has a great projectile with her turnips that can be used to counter Pikachus TJ.
because she can float, it allows her to avoid TJ and still stay in the air.
Obviously Pikachu won't have much options besides approaching, and Peach can hold her ground with her fast ariels and great tilts. Because she out ranges Pikachu and is great at spacing, It won't be easy for him to get in unless he gets the timing right.
Peach is not good at dealing with lots of pressure, so if she is pronged to getting overwhelmed with fast attacks, but she is light, and has a great recovery so she can still hold her ground.
Overall I would say it's :4peach:60:40:4pikachu:

Soul.

Kirby's edgeguard game is not better than Pikachu's lol. Kirby has what, BAir, DAir, Grounded/Meteor Stone and that's it, I think. Maybe Jumping Inhale but eh.

Pika has offstage Thunder, aerials (mostly FAir/BAir), QALC stuff, and Thunder Jolt. Yes, Kirby has multiple jumps, but half of his jumps will be wasted on trying to get back on the stage safely when Pikachu is going to sit there, wait and go for an aerial. If Kirby goes too high he's risking himself a Thunder. If he goes down he's risking himself a fast fall BAir. Thunder Jolt also works against Kirby's jumps. If he's somewhere in the middle he risks himself a FAir.

On top of that, Pika's recovery is one of the best, is hard to gimp and you need to guess in order to punish its recovery.

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
Let's talk about he he would do against Kirby.
Kirby has overall stronger moves and a better edge guarding game then Pikachu and he can rack up damage pretty nicely and has a few strong throws with fast attacks.
Pikachu has a better approach then Kirby and has slightly faster attacks overall and can camp better with thunderjolts.

Because of Kirbys multiple jumps, it's easy to avoid Pikachu and if they actually come offstage, it could do more harm to them.

In Brawl I learned to perfect shield Pikachus thunderjolt pretty easily.

If you can do that and learn what the Pikachu does after approaching or doing whatever with TJ, then it should generally be slightly in your favor.
Because FG only has omega stages, idk what the matchup would be like on stages with plattforms( I would imagine it would help Kirby more so he has an easier time avoiding the TJ)
Overall on flat stages :4kirby:50:50:4pikachu: on stages with platforms:4kirby:55:45:4pikachu:

Now for Peach
-Has great range in her attacks
-Has a lot of KO moves
-Has an overall better recovery
-Has a more useful and versatile projectile
-Has great combo ability
-Has a deadly edge guarding game.

Pikachu
-Has faster attacks overall
-Can combo fast, but only to certain percents
-Has decent Ariels

Peach has a great projectile with her turnips that can be used to counter Pikachus TJ.
Obviously Pikachu won't have much options besides approaching, and Peach can hold her ground with her fast ariels and great tilts. Because she out ranges Pikachu and is great at spacing, It won't be easy for him to get in unless he gets the timing right.
Peach is not good at dealing with lots of pressure, so if she is pronged to getting overwhelmed with fast attacks, but she is light, and has a great recovery so she can still hold her ground.
Overall I would say it's :4peach:60:40:4pikachu:
Kirby vs Pikachu:
Hummmm seriously... I think its quite general knowledge that Pikachu edgeguard game is the best in the game... I mean he has SO MANY OPTIONS ! Pikachu can litterally kill half the cast at 0% once they are thrown over the ledge (Thunder spike, bair dragging you down, non stop fair or nair against poor recovery).

In neutral, Pikachu also win... Since kirby is quite slow on the ground and in the air, pikachu could litterally round circle around him, only poke him with fair and quick attack while only spamming thunderjolt... I don't see how kirby win that MU.

Peach vs Pikachu
I think peach only has couple of combos that are really hard to be consistant with vs how easily pikachu combo her. She has a really hard time landing against pikachu. Once you get her in the air, she has no options... Lets say you get launch in the air without a turnip... what do you do... ? She's so floaty that she fall really slow even Fast falling. Down A has some lag to it and won't beat pikachu up air on reaction, her UP B is laughable on stage and even offstage its easy to predict. Pikachu can easily edgeguard peach since all you have to do is wait for the float to be almost over and go in. She can't recover low well, and against pikachu its extra risky because of Bair.

How can you even say peach has better overall recovery than pikachu... Peach recovery suck when she is low, its really slow, can't really do mixup and is predictable. She has a good horizontal recovery but she is average at best overall.

I think you highly overrates both characters against Pikachu. You even say pikachu has "okay" aerials but I think in frame data, he has the fastest aerials in the game... or close to the fastest.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
How does the neutral work then? If we're not permitted to use our projectile or aerial approaches (I believe the latter is what you were alluding to at the end of your post) then our approaching options are limited to quick attack or hoping we can get a grab. Does he really shut down that many of our options?
You need to play a grounded game using tilts. You don't technically approach Diddy. You box him in. Once he's in d-tilt range, you can up-tilt on reaction to roll behind, Quick Attack on reaction to roll away, and d-tilt pressure him if he doesn't move. His f-air won't hit you if you use your d-tilt because you'll be crouching. His own d-tilt is pretty good, so it's not an easy matchup in neutral.

Kirby doesn't have the aerial speed to wall Pikachu out. Pikachu generally wins the air game with f-air/b-air/up-air since some of Pikachu's air moves are disjointed. On the ground, Pikachu wins easily with d-tilt spacing. Kirby has to come to Pikachu because of Tjolt, but it's hard even if you powershield because of Quick Attack. Kirby just doesn't have the mobility to get in against Pikachu, and once he's in, unless he's absolutely close, Pikachu will still keep him out with his better range and tilt game. It's not a pretty sight for Kirby.

Pikachu Kirby is like 65:35 in Pikachu's favor, imo.

On stages with platforms it's even easier for Pikachu due to QA canceling, so something like 70:30.

There's your problem. You're using FG as a measure of matchups. That's really one of the worst things that you can do, for many reasons.

Pikachu is more than just tjolt camping. Peach is susceptible to SH f-air and b-air, like most floaties, and has a tough time hitting Pikachu with anything other than d-air (Pikachu can duck under the n-air). Pikachu edgeguards Peach pretty well despite her solid recovery because of his multiple tools for the job (Thunder, b-air, tjolt).

This matchup is 50:50, because Peach has tons of KO power, and turnips are a strong option in neutral.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
You need to play a grounded game using tilts. You don't technically approach Diddy. You box him in. Once he's in d-tilt range, you can up-tilt on reaction to roll behind, Quick Attack on reaction to roll away, and d-tilt pressure him if he doesn't move. His f-air won't hit you if you use your d-tilt because you'll be crouching. His own d-tilt is pretty good, so it's not an easy matchup in neutral.

Kirby doesn't have the aerial speed to wall Pikachu out. Pikachu generally wins the air game with f-air/b-air/up-air since some of Pikachu's air moves are disjointed. On the ground, Pikachu wins easily with d-tilt spacing. Kirby has to come to Pikachu because of Tjolt, but it's hard even if you powershield because of Quick Attack. Kirby just doesn't have the mobility to get in against Pikachu, and once he's in, unless he's absolutely close, Pikachu will still keep him out with his better range and tilt game. It's not a pretty sight for Kirby.

Pikachu Kirby is like 65:35 in Pikachu's favor, imo.
Uh i doubt it. In Brawl Pikachu and Kirby were even, yea its true pikachu wins in the air, no doubt, Kirby can space Pikachu just as well obviously, Pikachu does not have a better tilt game.... I doubt that. and Pikachus range is barely better then Kirbys, if at all. Kirby may have to approach, which he is awful at, but there may be smart ways to do it. Now yes, I realize that its very hard to judge this Matchup with FG alone, but I do know some stuff about Kirby and that he can do some seriouse damage once he gets in.
I still say its 50:50

On stages with platforms it's even easier for Pikachu due to QA canceling, so something like 70:30.

There's your problem. You're using FG as a measure of matchups. That's really one of the worst things that you can do, for many reasons.

Pikachu is more than just tjolt camping. Peach is susceptible to SH f-air and b-air, like most floaties, and has a tough time hitting Pikachu with anything other than d-air (Pikachu can duck under the n-air). Pikachu edgeguards Peach pretty well despite her solid recovery because of his multiple tools for the job (Thunder, b-air, tjolt).

Thunder for edge guard is predictable, Peach can still use some of her ariels besides Dair to hit him....(Fair, Bair which can still be auto canceled) She clearly outranges Pikachu so Spacing is definitely a key tool.
And what happens when Pikachu uses a Bair as edge guard and misses? All that lag he has to suffer while Peach recovers safely if he doesn't jump.
Pikachu if you can actually predict their movement possibly, may also be easy to edge guard, Her turnips are at their possible best use here, if you can throw it with perfect timing, and Pikachu has no jump, its either get hit with turnip or QA.
BTW QA is now different from what im reading, it says it cant be used on flat stages anymore?
I still think its 60:40 in Peach's Favor

This matchup is 50:50, because Peach has tons of KO power, and turnips are a strong option in neutral.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Kirby vs Pikachu:
Hummmm seriously... I think its quite general knowledge that Pikachu edgeguard game is the best in the game... I mean he has SO MANY OPTIONS ! Pikachu can litterally kill half the cast at 0% once they are thrown over the ledge (Thunder spike, bair dragging you down, non stop fair or nair against poor recovery).

In neutral, Pikachu also win... Since kirby is quite slow on the ground and in the air, pikachu could litterally round circle around him, only poke him with fair and quick attack while only spamming thunderjolt... I don't see how kirby win that MU.

Peach vs Pikachu
I think peach only has couple of combos that are really hard to be consistant with vs how easily pikachu combo her. She has a really hard time landing against pikachu. Once you get her in the air, she has no options... Lets say you get launch in the air without a turnip... what do you do... ? She's so floaty that she fall really slow even Fast falling. Down A has some lag to it and won't beat pikachu up air on reaction, her UP B is laughable on stage and even offstage its easy to predict. Pikachu can easily edgeguard peach since all you have to do is wait for the float to be almost over and go in. She can't recover low well, and against pikachu its extra risky because of Bair.

How can you even say peach has better overall recovery than pikachu... Peach recovery suck when she is low, its really slow, can't really do mixup and is predictable. She has a good horizontal recovery but she is average at best overall.

I think you highly overrates both characters against Pikachu. You even say pikachu has "okay" aerials but I think in frame data, he has the fastest aerials in the game... or close to the fastest.
Sorry, Like I said, I cant truly test all of this because I can only play on FG and first of all
Kirby can do some seriouse damage when he gets in, sure thats his main problem. GETTING IN. but Pikachu will eventually approach and thats when you can use that to your advantage. Kirby is good at spacing with Fair, Bair Nair, and sometimes for me, Uair.
You are overexaggerating on Pikachu's edge guarding game. Firstly, its so unlikly to be the best in the game. Sure the many options Help, but they are predicatable.
Thunder spike? How can you not see that coming If Pikachu jumps off the stage far below you? Pikachu jumps of the stage while facing away from you? easy to see that its likely a Bair, WHICH has a chance of missing in the first place so you would put yourself in a possible bad situation.
Smart players can get back onstage while avoiding Pikachu all together.

Peach does have options in the air BTW, Dair may not save you always, but fair and I have seen Nair as well, Cover area around her. She isnt hopeless you know... She can stay in the air far longer then Pikachu, which yes, has its ups and downs.

Her vertical recover, Yea its only average, but that Peach parosal Im almost positive beats so many moves,
I had an extremely weird battle on Luigis Mansion against ROB that when he tried edge guarding me......I used Peach Parosal and From what I can recall..... I hit him and I think when he hit that weird angle just under the ledge, HE FLEW to the horizontal blastline and died at low % (ill possibly upload the video later) I was shocked on how that happened too he flew so fast, but it was hilarious XD.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Kirby's edgeguard game is not better than Pikachu's lol. Kirby has what, BAir, DAir, Grounded/Meteor Stone and that's it, I think. Maybe Jumping Inhale but eh.

Pika has offstage Thunder, aerials (mostly FAir/BAir), QALC stuff, and Thunder Jolt. Yes, Kirby has multiple jumps, but half of his jumps will be wasted on trying to get back on the stage safely when Pikachu is going to sit there, wait and go for an aerial. If Kirby goes too high he's risking himself a Thunder. If he goes down he's risking himself a fast fall BAir. Thunder Jolt also works against Kirby's jumps. If he's somewhere in the middle he risks himself a FAir.

On top of that, Pika's recovery is one of the best, is hard to gimp and you need to guess in order to punish its recovery.
Pikachu's recovery is one of the harder to edge guard andone of the fastest, its one of the BETTER recoveries in the game.

I think its easy to bait Pikachu into using a certain move to edge guard and they are all predictable once you see how they edge guard you. Kirby can still protect himself while he is Edge guarding which is great in conjunction with his multiple jumps so dont leave that out.

Kirby has Nair, Fair, Dair, Bair, Stone , Sometimes Ftilt and Dtilt near the edge for all of his edge guards dude.
Nair and Fair are mainly for Offstage KOs, which they arent bad at.
If anything Kirbys edge guard is nearly just as good.( I was surprised how well stone could be used on recoveries like vilagger, and what are most opponents gonna do when you use it on them as edge guards anyway?)

NairWizard

Somewhere
You messed up the quote tags here, but I'll break it down.

Uh i doubt it. In Brawl Pikachu and Kirby were even, yea its true pikachu wins in the air, no doubt, Kirby can space Pikachu just as well obviously, Pikachu does not have a better tilt game.... I doubt that.
The range on Pikachu's up-tilt and d-tilt are greater than anything Kirby has short of f-smash. Pikachu's own f-smash is disjointed and out of a pivot outranges anything that Kirby can do on the ground. Pikachu's tilt game isn't only better; it's leaps and bounds better.

• Pikachu wins in the air
  • Pikachu wins on the ground
  • Kirby has to approach
I'm not seeing a 50:50.

Kirby may have to approach, which he is awful at, but there may be smart ways to do it. Now yes, I realize that its very hard to judge this Matchup with FG alone, but I do know some stuff about Kirby and that he can do some seriouse damage once he gets in.
I still say its 50:50
Pikachu can do serious damage when he gets in on Kirby too. But there's a difference. Kirby can't really escape Pikachu's strings because of bad airspeed. Pikachu can just Quick Attack out of disadvantage. Pikachu is better in neutral and in disadvantage; they are tied in advantage. That isn't anything like a 50:50.

Thunder for edge guard is predictable, Peach can still use some of her ariels besides Dair to hit him....(Fair, Bair which can still be auto canceled) She clearly outranges Pikachu so Spacing is definitely a key tool.
f-air and b-air go over a crouching Pikachu in most situations. You can do a grounded f-air, which will hit on its way down, but that can be punished by QA despite the autocancel because it takes a while to start up/finish the animation (and QA goes through it, which is hilarious).

Thunder is not predictable at all. The Thunder cloud spike may be predictable, but when Pikachu jumps near you and uses Thunder, you can't differentiate between that and n-air or b-air. You can airdodge past him, but Peach has a harder time doing this due to her floatiness (thus increasing her predictability). Her best option is to n-air or f-air him away when he gets near, which is a fair approach (Pikachu's answer to this is up-air or airdodge->Thunder from slightly below her). It's not free by any means because Peach's up-b is pretty good, but it's also not free for Peach to recover.

By the way, Pikachu doesn't have to turn around to b-air you offstage. He can just b-air backwards while facing you, or if you're recovering from directly below the lip of the stage, he can drop down b-air.

And what happens when Pikachu uses a Bair as edge guard and misses? All that lag he has to suffer while Peach recovers safely if he doesn't jump.
Pikachu doesn't mind this at all, given that Quick Attack is a fast recovery and he only has half the stay-on time at the ledge as most characters.

Pikachu if you can actually predict their movement possibly, may also be easy to edge guard, Her turnips are at their possible best use here, if you can throw it with perfect timing, and Pikachu has no jump, its either get hit with turnip or QA.
This is almost impossible. Pikachu has a billion different angles on Quick Attack. How is it that you are claiming that most characters can avoid Pikachu's edgeguarding, but Pikachu can't just avoid something as simple as Peach's turnips? Let's turn the statement on it's head:

"Peach's turnips if you can actually predict their movement possibly, may also be easy to avoid. Quick Attack is at its best possible use here, if you can aim it with perfect timing, Peach can't do anything about Pikachu's attempt to get back on."

See what I did there? There are two sides to every story. Please be reasonably objective.

BTW QA is now different from what im reading, it says it cant be used on flat stages anymore?
You're thinking of Quick Attack canceling, not Quick Attack. Quick Attack has been buffed since Brawl; it is way better in this game due to more hitstun.

Kirby has Nair, Fair, Dair, Bair, Stone , Sometimes Ftilt and Dtilt near the edge for all of his edge guards dude.
Nair and Fair are mainly for Offstage KOs, which they arent bad at.
If anything Kirbys edge guard is nearly just as good.( I was surprised how well stone could be used on recoveries like vilagger, and what are most opponents gonna do when you use it on them as edge guards anyway?)
Kirby's airspeed makes his edgeguarding way more predictable than Pikachu's. Seriously. You can see him coming from a mile away.

"what are most opponents gonna do when you use it on them as edge guards"

Not get hit, obviously. I have never been hit by Kirby's Stone, as any character. No character is forced to get hit by it, not even Villager or Ike. It's slow, and Kirby is slow. It's easy to avoid.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
You messed up the quote tags here, but I'll break it down.

The range on Pikachu's up-tilt and d-tilt are greater than anything Kirby has short of f-smash. Pikachu's own f-smash is disjointed and out of a pivot outranges anything that Kirby can do on the ground. Pikachu's tilt game isn't only better; it's leaps and bounds better.

• Pikachu wins in the air
  • Pikachu wins on the ground
  • Kirby has to approach
I'm not seeing a 50:50.

Pikachu can do serious damage when he gets in on Kirby too. But there's a difference. Kirby can't really escape Pikachu's strings because of bad airspeed. Pikachu can just Quick Attack out of disadvantage. Pikachu is better in neutral and in disadvantage; they are tied in advantage. That isn't anything like a 50:50.

f-air and b-air go over a crouching Pikachu in most situations. You can do a grounded f-air, which will hit on its way down, but that can be punished by QA despite the autocancel because it takes a while to start up/finish the animation (and QA goes through it, which is hilarious).

Thunder is not predictable at all. The Thunder cloud spike may be predictable, but when Pikachu jumps near you and uses Thunder, you can't differentiate between that and n-air or b-air. You can airdodge past him, but Peach has a harder time doing this due to her floatiness (thus increasing her predictability). Her best option is to n-air or f-air him away when he gets near, which is a fair approach (Pikachu's answer to this is up-air or airdodge->Thunder from slightly below her). It's not free by any means because Peach's up-b is pretty good, but it's also not free for Peach to recover.

By the way, Pikachu doesn't have to turn around to b-air you offstage. He can just b-air backwards while facing you, or if you're recovering from directly below the lip of the stage, he can drop down b-air.

Pikachu doesn't mind this at all, given that Quick Attack is a fast recovery and he only has half the stay-on time at the ledge as most characters.

This is almost impossible. Pikachu has a billion different angles on Quick Attack. How is it that you are claiming that most characters can avoid Pikachu's edgeguarding, but Pikachu can't just avoid something as simple as Peach's turnips? Let's turn the statement on it's head:

"Peach's turnips if you can actually predict their movement possibly, may also be easy to avoid. Quick Attack is at its best possible use here, if you can aim it with perfect timing, Peach can't do anything about Pikachu's attempt to get back on."

See what I did there? There are two sides to every story. Please be reasonably objective.

You're thinking of Quick Attack canceling, not Quick Attack. Quick Attack has been buffed since Brawl; it is way better in this game due to more hitstun.

Kirby's airspeed makes his edgeguarding way more predictable than Pikachu's. Seriously. You can see him coming from a mile away.

"what are most opponents gonna do when you use it on them as edge guards"

Not get hit, obviously. I have never been hit by Kirby's Stone, as any character. No character is forced to get hit by it, not even Villager or Ike. It's slow, and Kirby is slow. It's easy to avoid.
Ok then How about we have an online battle my NNID: is smashdemon
I'll play you with my Peach and Kirby and we will see what character truly has the advantage because you still have not convinced me.
I live in Wisconin so school ends at about 3:20 so let's try to start at 3:40 pm if you are up to it.

NairWizard

Somewhere
Ok then How about we have an online battle my NNID: is smashdemon
I'll play you with my Peach and Kirby and we will see what character truly has the advantage because you still have not convinced me.
I live in Wisconin so school ends at about 3:20 so let's try to start at 3:40 pm if you are up to it.
Let's get one thing straight. This is a discussion thread. We are not here to "convince you." You're coming in here throwing around claims without any back up at all, with a bare minimum of evidence, mostly coming from For Glory. If anything, you should be trying to convince the rest of us, not challenging people to random fights.

Our match wouldn't prove anything about the matchups. Matchups are determined based on high-level tournament play, not on random WiFi sessions. WiFi is nonsense, because even at its best there's enough lag on WiFi that reaction time is severely hampered, and reaction time is the most important aspect of fighting games. The reduction of reaction time distorts everything: rolls and Ganondorf are twice as good on WiFi, while edgeguards, ledge getup punishes, and Little Mac are half as good.

You seem pretty new to competitive smash based on your reasoning, so we can still play sometime if you want to, but I suggest that you reconsider how you look when you come into a competitively oriented thread with that kind of argument.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Let's get one thing straight. This is a discussion thread. We are not here to "convince you." You're coming in here throwing around claims without any back up at all, with a bare minimum of evidence, mostly coming from For Glory. If anything, you should be trying to convince the rest of us, not challenging people to random fights.

Our match wouldn't prove anything about the matchups. Matchups are determined based on high-level tournament play, not on random WiFi sessions. WiFi is nonsense, because even at its best there's enough lag on WiFi that reaction time is severely hampered, and reaction time is the most important aspect of fighting games. The reduction of reaction time distorts everything: rolls and Ganondorf are twice as good on WiFi, while edgeguards, ledge getup punishes, and Little Mac are half as good.

You seem pretty new to competitive smash based on your reasoning, so we can still play sometime if you want to, but I suggest that you reconsider how you look when you come into a competitively oriented thread with that kind of argument.
Well like I said I can't play against people W/O online and What I will say is that It's funny you constantly list the advantages Pikachu has, while not even listing what faults he has.
So far I know
He has lackluster range in his attacks overall
They aren't all disjointed and he has to get close to use most of them
He does not have that great of killing power
He has decent combo ability but it's not like it's that great when opponents DI correctly or when at high %
He can get predictable, so can his recover even with his new technique.
What can he does when opponents are below him? His Dair is almost useless and using QA to run away will just make him suffer lag anyways.
And if you area king to defend your own character, it would be a good idea to list their faults and explain how notable they can be.
I still have school right now so I can't stay for long.

Btw it's better to see how the characters do against each other then explaining because frankly we don't know FOR SURE and the only way I can really at least be convinced is through online battles because as I mentioned, that's my only option.

NairWizard

Somewhere
Well like I said I can't play against people W/O online and What I will say is that It's funny you constantly list the advantages Pikachu has, while not even listing what faults he has.
So far I know
He has lackluster range in his attacks overall
They aren't all disjointed and he has to get close to use most of them
He does not have that great of killing power
He has decent combo ability but it's not like it's that great when opponents DI correctly or when at high %
Sure, these are true, except for killing power, since up-smash kills early, but they don't really apply in the Kirby matchup, because Pikachu still has more range than Kirby. And Kirby is light so up-smash kills super early anyway (and is easier to land than Kirby's f-smash, since Pikachu is better on the ground.

I acknowledge that Pikachu has faults, but these faults don't hold him back in the Kirby or Peach MUs. Peach is 50:50, anyway, because of the range and KO power discrepancies.

What can he does when opponents are below him? His Dair is almost useless and using QA to run away will just make him suffer lag anyways.
He Quick Attacks away. It's not punishable unless you have huge run speed, because there's almost no endlag to the move (there's only startup lag). Kirby and Peach do not have huge run speed.

Btw it's better to see how the characters do against each other then explaining because frankly we don't know FOR SURE and the only way I can really at least be convinced is through online battles because as I mentioned, that's my only option.
Attend a tournament and money match a top Pikachu (I'll play you for free in a friendly set at any regional), and then tell me what you did to win, and we may have an argument here. WiFi is not an argument.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Sure, these are true, except for killing power, since up-smash kills early, but they don't really apply in the Kirby matchup, because Pikachu still has more range than Kirby. And Kirby is light so up-smash kills super early anyway (and is easier to land than Kirby's f-smash, since Pikachu is better on the ground.

How pikachu really out range Kirby? Kirbys ariels all pretty much have more range, I almost swear one time where my Dtilt hit Pikachu while his didnt hit mine Ftilt, I don't even have to mention, Utilt, I thin Pikachu hits at a large arc, but Kirbys is faster, same with all off is tilts.
Usmash doesn't kill "super early" I lived it at high percents especially because it's not all that easy to sweetspot because of its sub-par range.
Pikachu is only slightly lighter then Kirby, so he dies almost as easily. Pikachu has lag in his smash attacks which are easy to defend against and are very punishable, which Kirbys good at.
You only mentioned Pikachu's Usmash as a killing move...... Even that's expected to come when your at high percents and has limited range that doesn't make its very reliable.

I acknowledge that Pikachu has faults, but these faults don't hold him back in the Kirby or Peach MUs. Peach is 50:50, anyway, because of the range and KO power discrepancies.

Peach spaces really well and almost forces Pikachu to approach when she floats over TJ.
Peach has the moves for close combat as well and a fantastic edge guarding game.
60:40 In peach's favor.

He Quick Attacks away. It's not punishable unless you have huge run speed, because there's almost no endlag to the move (there's only startup lag). Kirby and Peach do not have huge run speed.

You don't need huge running speed to actually punish all the time thought. Their running speed(I think) are just plain average which is still decent, but nothing special.

Attend a tournament and money match a top Pikachu (I'll play you for free in a friendly set at any regional), and then tell me what you did to win, and we may have an argument here. WiFi is not an argument.
I basically Implied that I cannot attend any tournament..... And Wifi is the only other option. It's not a great option, but it's better then nothing.

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
I basically Implied that I cannot attend any tournament..... And Wifi is the only other option. It's not a great option, but it's better then nothing.
I'm not the greatest Pikachu but I could play you if you want. I played a peach vs pikachu a bit so I know a bit the MU but not that great. I never played Kirby vs pikachu but like Solidsense said... the goal is not to win but to show the potential of the characters. Maybe you'll crush me because you are the better player and vice-versa but at least I'll be able to show you that its not that easy to edgeguard pika / be edgeguarded by pika

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I'm not the greatest Pikachu but I could play you if you want. I played a peach vs pikachu a bit so I know a bit the MU but not that great. I never played Kirby vs pikachu but like Solidsense said... the goal is not to win but to show the potential of the characters. Maybe you'll crush me because you are the better player and vice-versa but at least I'll be able to show you that its not that easy to edgeguard pika / be edgeguarded by pika
Thank you, I wanted to battle online to also see how Pikachu edge guards and how most players approach and play, it helps understand both characters and could prove us wrong about what we think of each character.
My NNID is smashdemon Hope to fight you soon......if the dumb error code doesnt ruin it....

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Wow i typed alot more on my previous comment on a mobile devise and I dont think it even posted......

Turns out I accidentally said it within a replied post...... oopsie

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Wow i typed alot more on my previous comment on a mobile devise and I dont think it even posted......

Turns out I accidentally said it within a replied post...... oopsie
Fixed

How does pikachu really out range Kirby? Kirbys ariels all pretty much have more range, I almost swear one time where my Dtilt hit Pikachu while his didnt hit mine Ftilt, I don't even have to mention, Utilt, I think Pikachu hits slightly more infront of him, but thats just me, but Kirby's is faster, same with all of is tilts.
Usmash doesn't kill "super early" I lived it at high percents especially because it's not all that easy to sweetspot because of its sub-par range.
Pikachu is only slightly lighter then Kirby, so he dies almost as easily. Pikachu has lag in his smash attacks which are easy to defend against and are very punishable, which Kirby is good at.
You only mentioned Pikachu's Usmash as a killing move...... Even that's expected to come when your at high percents and has limited range that doesn't make its very reliable.

Pikachu just has seriously low damaging ariels.
Pikachu did have a habit of generally having low damage attacks so even if he does have decent combo ability, he still wouldnt do that much damage in the process

Peach spaces really well and almost forces Pikachu to approach when she floats over TJ.
Peach has the moves for close combat as well and a fantastic edge guarding game.
60:40 In peach's favor.

You don't need huge running speed to actually punish all the time thought. Their running speed(I think) are just plain average which is still decent, but nothing special.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
That triple comment, baby.
Anyways how badly does Villager get shreked by Pika?

Top Bottom