• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pika vs jigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetVictory

Smash Rookie
Hmm . . . Well, that all depends. There could be a really good Pikachu vs. an average/bad Jigglypuff, and Pikachu can win. The same with a really good Jigglypuff. :)

N64

Smash Champion
It's advantage pika, and bad pikas beat bad jiggs fairly easily. As you get to the high end of skill levels, though, it gets a lot closer, almost an entirely even matchup.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
i dislike this matchup.... jigs are so gay. i tend to use f-air a lot more than ever in this matchup. try to sneak n-airs under them.. as well as when you get the chance get under them for a dc u-smash.

also keep count of their jumps can really help. and f-smash that ledge. jigs have probs swet spotting they dont have a move that makes it cleanly so a lot of times they're some available moments to attack.

but what do i know i suck. :) thats just from personal experience thooo

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
It depends on what level they are. Normally, considering pikachu and jigglypuff are unevolved beyond their pre-evolutions, we're normally dealing with under level 25 battles. At this point, Pikachu only has a few electric attacks at his disposal. Use your speed to your advantage and attempt to take advantage of Jigglypuffs low defense with slam or tackle. If you get slept, your low defense will be exploited for the next 2-5 turns, so be careful.

Grandeza

Smash Master
It depends on what level they are. Normally, considering pikachu and jigglypuff are unevolved beyond their pre-evolutions, we're normally dealing with under level 25 battles. At this point, Pikachu only has a few electric attacks at his disposal. Use your speed to your advantage and attempt to take advantage of Jigglypuffs low defense with slam or tackle. If you get slept, your low defense will be exploited for the next 2-5 turns, so be careful.
are you for real. We are talking about super smash bros.:laugh:

festizzio

Smash Champion
Pikachu needs a thunderstone to evolve and jigglypuff needs a moon stone so you can level them all you want without evolving so that changes things a bit. and if you give pikachu a light ball he ***** jiggs.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
You are really stupid.
I usually see Pikachus with max out EVs in special attack. Unless it is a mix sweeper.
Tierwise, Pikachu is UU and Jigglypuff is NU. So pikachu wins. IMO.
Pikachul+lightball= SATK as strong as 398!! It OHKOs a non SDEF/HP boosted jigglypuff.
And always 2OHKOs her when the SDEF and HP are boosted to a certain degree.
Don't expect Jigglypuffs SATK/ATK to rise over 130, though.
There isn't anthing in Jigglypuff's move pool to threaten Pikachu. E ven if you had pikachu with minimum defenses(don't do that :laugh: ).

However, Disable will be annoying as hell. And Sing, if it hits, will turn the match around.

Overall, Pikachu has a strong advantage over Jigglypuff.

Unless you are talking about Melee. The matchup would be evenish, then.

EDITY: I have a pikachu in my UU team. :)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
rofl this post is amazing.
pretty much everyone fails who didn't get it was a joke though >.>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom