• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Lol i inspired you to play pikachu again, even though you are ****ING GAY!

Ugh, good **** though. I hate you.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Should I be discouraged by my regularly getting my *** handed to me courtesy of the CPU?

altairian

Smash Lord
Should I be discouraged by my regularly getting my *** handed to me courtesy of the CPU?
Nope. Everyone starts out like that. This game looks simple but it's far, far from it. Just keep playing and study as much as you can on the forum/videos of good players, and make sure you play humans as much as you possibly can! CPU's are good for just keeping your fingers in practice, but they're no replacement for the way a human will think and play.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
I looked all over for this and even did a google search but no luck,

How do you perform a lagless b-air?

altairian

Smash Lord
Pretty much you don't. It only autocancels on the last 10 frames of the attack, which is after all of the damage frames and part of the cooldown frames.

I'm pretty sure a full hopped bair autocancels, but really you shouldn't be using this move frequently and you should try to use it at a time that if it doesn't hit, you won't get punished on the landing lag.

You can find the frame data for all of pika's moves in the Generating a Win guide in the stickies. Plus lots of other fantastic information. =)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
How do you perform a lagless b-air?
You don't.

You can't reduce the landing lag from aerials unless you land during their autocancel frames. And Pika doesn't have any that make a huge difference (except on dair, but I don't even know if it's technically autocanceling).

EDIT: God****it, alt.

Anyways, here's the link to the frame data: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223901

mercy

Smash Apprentice
but really you shouldn't be using this move frequently and you should try to use it at a time that if it doesn't hit, you won't get punished on the landing lag.
This I know, however I find myself landing this move alot. I don't know, maybe no one expects it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I <3 bair.

If you FH it, you have no lag. YOu can even fastfall it a little bit to make it seem faster.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
I <3 bair.

If you FH it, you have no lag. YOu can even fastfall it a little bit to make it seem faster.
B-air is a great "mix up" Because People won't predict, Pika's using b-air, since it (imo) is Pika's worst airel.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I like bair because it's a little disjointed. That, fsmash, and jab are the best non-projectiles we got (for disjoint). x.x

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Meh. Tail disjoints aren't as useful as kick *** bair/jab disjoints. (Fsmash is too slow.....)

Although dtilt's does come in handy when it clanks with swords and stuff. <3

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Meh. Tail disjoints aren't as useful as kick *** bair/jab disjoints. (Fsmash is too slow.....)

Although dtilt's does come in handy when it clanks with swords and stuff. <3
What!? They're a million times more useful. Jab has almost no hit stun and is pretty **** laggy. Being disjointed doesn't really make up for that. It's a garbage move. I actually use dtilt for spacing. You can't do that with jab.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I use jab's disjointedness + speed to interrupt people sometimes..... which dtilt isn't as good for since it's not as fast.

Dtilt's a better move by far, generally speaking, but the actual disjoint on it doesn't make a huge difference to me unless I just don't notice it.

How disjointed is it, anyway? I know jab is visibly, wtfdisjointed.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Word. Add it to the list, then, I guess. (I still like bair/jab better, though. Speed ftw.)

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Jab may be fast but it has horrible end lag. You'll almost always get punished for hitting with it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Why can't we all just get along and use both?

You can jab spam and if they trip on the last one you can get a free F/U-smash. D-tilt is good after SH Dair autocancels.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I'm not attacking you. :/

I'm trying to help you. I'm trying to understand why you think jab is better than dtilt. But that's fine, I won't help anymore.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Dtilt's a better move by far
I don't think jab is a better move.

I just think the disjoint on it is more useful than the disjoint on dtilt.

Think of it this way: if jab wasn't disjointed, it'd lose a majority of its usefulness for me.

If dtilt lost its disjointedness, I'd probably still use it about as much as I use it now.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Hey guys.

I think ESAM beat Ally in a MM and Gnes in pools.

In case you haven't received the memo yet.

Thank you for reminding us for the 29384723984th time ESAM =]

altairian

Smash Lord
Your analog stick must be really crappy already for QAC to finish it off. It's not THAT intensive o_O

I disagree about QAC not being important. Sure you can do just fine without it, but why gimp yourself by NOT being able to use a tech for your character? That's like...a Falco that can't CG. Sure it's not gamebreaking, but it can certainly make a difference if you know when/how to use it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Lol don't compare QAC to CGing as any character. Sure people SHOULD learn it, but it really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things once you start playing against better players.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Tbh, I think QAC is very overrated.

But still one of those things you should know how to do.

I dunno how you could break your control stick doing it, though, lol. You must be QACin extra hard.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
QAC may not be that useful, but it is stylish and flashy, something to impress the noobs with.

Btw, I was using a cheap third-party controller, lesson learned.

Top Bottom