• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Chaingrab

GaleForce

Smash Rookie
Pikachu's chaingrab is totally awesome. My friend doesn't use his Fox to play me anymore mostly because of it. I also didn't know that Pika had one to use against Link and Snake. This thread is really helping me out.

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
I'm the one guilty of having Superstar search for info. :p

Anyways, I'm able to Dthrow CG his Fox all the way to 100%. Are you sure you did it right, Ruuku? Maybe it's just that Supe doesn't know the proper DI, but...

Also, something you can do: When the Dthrow CG reaches like 95% on Fox, Dthrow again > Usmash for and instant KO. If it lives, hit him with Thunder. Haven't been able to test it much, but when I used it it worked wonders...

justexisting

Smash Rookie
Trey, i watched the video, looks beautiful... to bad Bowser didn't do much on the 3rd life. i can't stand it when people suicide. I'll have to give the chain a shot though

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Dude pika for top tier seriously, a chain throw now? lol

this seems relatively unknown too (well I didnt know it until now)

more testing and vids need to be done!

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
Trey, i watched the video, looks beautiful... to bad Bowser didn't do much on the 3rd life. i can't stand it when people suicide. I'll have to give the chain a shot though
Heh why thank you, XD I wish he havent had suicided either, I wanted to do more chain grabbing =D

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
In response again to Ruuku:

Did you happen to do this in training mode? In training there is no knockback degredation, so the opponent can escape at lower percentages than in an actual match.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Nice, thanks Ruuku. Im assuming if the character didnt make the list you cant chaingrab them?
Yes. Also, after playing most of those matchups, it seems that most of them worked. Some of them with difficult timing and others only last up to a low percentage. I'll test all of those again after final exams week and I'll make sure try and DI/jump/air dodge/attack out of it myself.

In response again to Ruuku:

Did you happen to do this in training mode? In training there is no knockback degredation, so the opponent can escape at lower percentages than in an actual match.
I did and I didn't consider it... I'll also make sure to try these out in 1v1. Although, I'm pretty sure that at a higher percentage most characters will fall to the ground out of range with f.throw. d.throw may just be different.

think13

Smash Cadet
I've found that the fthrow works against heavy characters (Bowser, DDD, Charizard) better. I can do it faster (and get better results) using z than using a shield grab, but I may be doing something wrong. Also, you can usually get at least one shock in before throwing.

If you are reaching the end of the stage, you can either go for another grab ( I like dthrow-dsmash or dthrow-nair) or you can fthrow to running upsmash, and perhaps a thunder for the finish if they di incorrectly.

Here's an example from the great Anther (right at the start of the match)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGJM0xJqajI

For lighter chars, I use the dthrow at low percents. It's really easy, just grab, shock once, dthrow, and then shield grab, and repeat, although everyone can get out of it with a footstool or just jumping (at higher percents).

Another from Anther at about 0:23 (the falling platform stopped it short)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izF4oBeha8

Top Bottom