• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Piece o' Cake! A Guide to Falco (FIRST DRAFT FINISHED! GUIDE 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if there are any videos with a really good Falco in it? Because I've watched a few of the videos and they aren't really that good. In all honesty I could kill the people in those videos and I've only been playing Brawl for 4-5 days.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
I think Falco deserves to be a top tier category character. He's very good imho, although marth sometimes give me a little trouble.. he's still a very well rounded character. Just needs more vertical recovery but really, his horizontal recovery makes up for it, as stated. He's a lot more versatile, meaning he has more power and more .. just he's just falco. That's it, nothing else to it. I love him, honestly. He does good kb with his smash, okay recovery, allthough a little lag if you do forward air with short hop while he stays on the groud.

A good versatile fighter. Maybe not top-tier, but above average tier. For me, he evolved into a more fair but more powerful fighter in Brawl from Melee, and I like it. His Fsmash is awesome. :)
Why not top tier?

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
Both. I think I'm gonna spend more time playing music, prepping for grad school, and playing Halo 3.

And ellelaby, you are a silly, silly person.

And I'll be spending more time training for athletics (in the 800m), schoolwork and practicing my Falco techniques to beat anyone in a tournament. Trust me. I can own the dudes in those videos.

Trainwreck

Smash Rookie
i'm sure every falco user already knows this but if you use his sideb and tap b just before he is about to perform it, he travels a shorter distance depending on how precisely you tapped b.

useful for tricking opponents and getting back on the stage/ledge?

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
And I'll be spending more time training for athletics (in the 800m), schoolwork and practicing my Falco techniques to beat anyone in a tournament. Trust me. I can own the dudes in those videos.
If I still had my wii, I'd happily prove you wrong.

You can't tell how good someone is by a video. Especially in Brawl.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
If I still had my wii, I'd happily prove you wrong.

You can't tell how good someone is by a video. Especially in Brawl.
I agree that you can't tell how good someone is on a video, but only to a certain degree. I noticed that the Falcos in the videos I watched could have placed better moved in many situations. I studied it and I myself play better in all of those various situations. Maybe I would lose, maybe I wouldn't, maybe it will be really close, but I play better in situations than those people in the videos.

Papapaint

I agree that you can't tell how good someone is on a video, but only to a certain degree. I noticed that the Falcos in the videos I watched could have placed better moved in many situations. I studied it and I myself play better in all of those various situations. Maybe I would lose, maybe I wouldn't, maybe it will be really close, but I play better in situations than those people in the videos.
I'm not sure what videos you're watching, so you may be right. To be honest, I haven't watched any of the videos. But I don't think you're as good as you seem to think you are.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure what videos you're watching, so you may be right. To be honest, I haven't watched any of the videos. But I don't think you're as good as you seem to think you are.
I don't think your as good as you seem to think you are.

Jks, trust me, I'm pretty good. I just have to work on a few things but its all there.

I'm not saying I'm the best or I can beat most people on smash boards, I'm just saying I'm pretty good. I exaggerated in my other posts, sorry. I'm doing that because I want to get on wifi pretty bad and show me skillz. Not that its really that important, I'll continue to play this game, but I wont be going full hardcore like other people. I've got higher priorities like athletics to concentrate on and schoolwork too. I'm just frustrated that I can't fight good people. Thats all =(

Papapaint

I don't think your as good as you seem to think you are.

Jks, trust me, I'm pretty good. I just have to work on a few things but its all there.

I'm not saying I'm the best or I can beat most people on smash boards, I'm just saying I'm pretty good. I exaggerated in my other posts, sorry. I'm doing that because I want to get on wifi pretty bad and show me skillz. Not that its really that important, I'll continue to play this game, but I wont be going full hardcore like other people. I've got higher priorities like athletics to concentrate on and schoolwork too. I'm just frustrated that I can't fight good people. Thats all =(
Go to wifiwars.com

DiamondTiger

Smash Rookie
Falco's NAir can combo to fastfall to d-smash, u-smash, or u-tilt
I've done this plenty of times and I'm sure it works...
Correct me if I'm wrong, please and thank you

Surgo

Smash Apprentice
I think the spike info is misleading.
OP said:
One is the tip of his feet/legs. When you hit with this, it'll do 8% and send them a decent distance horizontally. The other is almost like jigg's rest--when your calves are touching them, this move becomes a 13% spike with crazy good knockback.
I don't think this is correct. The hitbox seems a lot larger than just his feet/calves, at least at the beginning. From my experience so far: as long as you're touching them -at all- when you start the move, you'll spike (I've accomplished any number of rising dairs where Falco's feet weren't anywhere near the guy to start, yet the spike was still accomplished). More info on the hitboxes would be great.

I miss the old spike, where you didn't have to aim so carefully :(

As for the shine, I generally use it to make someone back off if they're pressuring. Works absolutely amazing on someone like Meta Knight, whose entire game revolves around constant pressure.

TheTruth07

Smash Rookie
I dont want to make a new thread for this, but since there are a lot of good falco players here, I was wondering if you guys know any solid techniques for recovering back onto the stage after being knocked off. obviously forwardB (phantasm) is best, but in a tournament match recently, I lost because my opponent kept punishing my recovery (throw me off stage, anticipate phantasm then punish). I know i can use upB to grab ledge, but the range on that move is so horrible that I dont trust it. any other tips?

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
I dont want to make a new thread for this, but since there are a lot of good falco players here, I was wondering if you guys know any solid techniques for recovering back onto the stage after being knocked off. obviously forwardB (phantasm) is best, but in a tournament match recently, I lost because my opponent kept punishing my recovery (throw me off stage, anticipate phantasm then punish). I know i can use upB to grab ledge, but the range on that move is so horrible that I dont trust it. any other tips?
Easy, after you've been hit off the ledge, jump left a bit and then phantasm and you'll hit the ledge. Unless hes still hitting you, theres nothing you can do.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
What are Falco's killing moves and what approx percent do they KO?

Also, does anyone have a tip for canceling Falco Phantasm ?

Wiierd

Smash Cadet
Has anyone used a Phantasm + Short Hop & Phantasm combo? it works well for me as long as the first Phantasm connects at about the halfway point of it's max distance.

And to add on to the A spam + Reflector combo, you can follow with the combo i stated above.

hurricane22491

Smash Cadet
I use A for the dash attack and slide my thumb to the c-stick and hit up. It's pretty easy, just takes a little practice I guess. Try going into training and changing the speed if you can't figure out when to do the upsmash.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Good Pits can angle the arrows around the reflector. -_- Every 1 uncharged arrow is 2 lasers. Falco cannot out camp a GOOD pit. Pit's U-air is godly, so you can't punish his recovery with a back kick from below the ledge. If you chase a good Pit off of the stage, you are not coming back.
Off ledge game: Pit
Campy: Pit
Close combat: Probably Even

Overall: Pit

Pit and Game and Watch are the two we should be worried about in the future. Metaknight's just an overall good character and I bet it's just as hard for him to fight Falco as it is for us to fight him.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Pit is one of the easiest people to gimp, and your laser will make short work of him when he's offstage. Heck, his Up B is so slow that you can easily spike him (as opposed to characters that have wind-up spikes, like Ness and such).

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
I just discovered a good technique with Falco. I call it, the "Spiking Dervish". It involves slightly dashing, short-hopping, and pressing down on the C-stick all at once, all the while advancing across the stage. Pretty hard to do at first, but it takes practice; in fact I still mess up with it every now and then.

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
Why isn't the running smash into usmash mentioned in the guide? Do people know about it. You can pretty much do the mortar slide (except less distance) with Falco. It's a great way to end a chain throw. Chain a heavy character to about 45% then run smash and immediately slam up on the c-stick. It'll stop the run smash animation and go into usmash.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Why isn't the running smash into usmash mentioned in the guide? Do people know about it. You can pretty much do the mortar slide (except less distance) with Falco. It's a great way to end a chain throw. Chain a heavy character to about 45% then run smash and immediately slam up on the c-stick. It'll stop the run smash animation and go into usmash.
Because the guide is old and the original poster doesn't brawl anymore.

Sr. Juego y Reloj

Smash Apprentice
thx for going through the trouble to post this. lots of useful information. much appreciated! :D

rofl awesome quote: "Falco lunges forward and chops with his wings like Grand (Iron) Chef Morimoto."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom