• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picturing people IRL based on their character

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
That there are many strange and terrible things in this world. Like a stick figure with a plate for a face, with features defined by leftover food and limbs made of plastic spoons / forks.
This is my sig now.

D

Deleted member

I uhh...
I never have identified my sex on smashboards, have I?

D

Deleted member

Boy. Girl.
There are two genders of humans
two has three letters
a triangle has 3 sides
the Illuminati is a triangle

Toon Link is a girl?

TOON LINK IS APART OF THE ILLUMINATI

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Between Link and Ganondorf (minus Magic the gathering, I don't play card games) it got me rather well o_0

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
Mario - Big fan of Nintendo and the Xbox 360. Enjoys every type of videogame except what they call "kid" stuff like animal crossing and harvest moon.
Luigi - Goofy person who doesn't take things seriously because they're so good at life that they don't need to. Clean shaven.
Olimar - Both a nerd and hipster. Has messy hair and big hands.
Peach - Internet addict that is also pretty social. Can't get off of Facebook.
Zelda - A wild card personality that is constantly changing interests.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Luigi - Goofy person who doesn't take things seriously because they're so good at life that they don't need to. Clean shaven.
I've been pretty much the only Luigi in France in Brawl for the past 5 years, and you couldn't be farther from truth lmao
I'm the kind of person who will memorize the frame advantage I have for each of the three hitboxes of my jab, on each character in the game, depending on both your SDI and your DI, just so that I get the optimal punish out of every single jab that I land.
When I'm playing Smash Bros, the lengths I will go to to make everyone's day miserable are extremely lengthy.

Also I'm not clean shaved.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Why is every other character type either a nerd/geek/hipster or an expert.. and why isn't sanic described as an aspie like yamcha said?

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Ever see what character someone plays as, either by playing against them or looking at their Smashboards post, and subconsciously start to picture them in real life? Think about this for a moment; how do picture people are, just based on their character? Here's my list:

Fox - Hardcore nerd. Lean-bodied.
Falco - This person is more of a geek than a nerd. Has some swag and muscles.
Ganondorf - Fun loving dude who laughs a lot. Plays smash almost purely for fun.
Link - This person is really social and is good at smash even though they don't play a ton. Also enjoys Magic The Gathering.

:rotfl:, the Link is true cept for the Magic the Gathering part. Never played it

tarmon2121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tarmon2121
3DS FC
5000-2165-4045
Sonic - kid who plays with a Wii remote and gets mad when he can't wavedash.
Wario - Guy who always thinks he's funny but isn't
Meta Knight - Good at videogames and hates change. Wishes everyone stayed on Brawl.
Toon Link - A girl
Pikachu - An expert at everything for no apparent reason. They're constantly pulling trivial knowledge out of nowhere. Good with computers.
Kirby - goofy kid who plays with a Wii remote
LOL, my friend's little brother is the only person I know who uses a Wii remote, and he mains Kirby and Sonic!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Ever see what character someone plays as, either by playing against them or looking at their Smashboards post, and subconsciously start to picture them in real life? Think about this for a moment; how do picture people are, just based on their character? Here's my list:

Marth - Tall 21 year old emo guy

Zero Suit Samus - Hardcore comic book and/or anime nerd.

.Wrong.

I might post more of these later when they come to my head. How do you picture people based on their character?

Edit:

Meta Knight - Good at videogames and hates change. Wishes everyone stayed on Brawl.

Kirby - goofy kid who plays with a Wii remote

Dead wrong lol.

Pit - This person gets frustrated easily.
Lucas - Pretty good at MMORPGs and gets the hang of new things quickly. Can be annoying at times
.Only ones you got right.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Captain Falcon - This person is a geek but acts like a jock. They enjoy playing ultimate frisbee and football.
lol you got me there although I don't like to play football. I am all of these things you mentioned but my main hobby is the upright bass in my profile picture.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm so surprised that with all the Diddy hate there's nothing about Diddy players.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Lmao well tbh when I do go to events, im mad blazed so when people meet me in person they are like... wait wtf you are barbie ;p
I can vouch for this.
Blazed Barbie is best Barbie.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
??? I main Sonic and I use GameCube controller, constistantly wavedash, although compared to the rest of the smash fanbase would probably be considered a 'kid' (at least from what I know, I'm 15.) and am not a furry or aspie. Would I be considered and outlier? And what about Wizzrobe? What about Epsy Rose? What about Nazo? I'm not comparing me to them, but are those people just outliers then?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
You say that, but then again you have an MLP avatar...

Just kidding. This is just about stereotypes, not actual trends.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Meta Knight seems pretty accurate for everybody but me. I'm good at videogames but everything else is wrong.

Some of these are so true it hurts. Why are Sonic and Kirby so popular with n00bs? Why is Sonic so popular in the first place? He's had like 2 good games in the last 12 years and some people... No, a LOT of people are practically obssessed with him! What? And don't even get me started on Shadow. Yeah he looks cool but everything else about him sucks. They tried way too hard to make him seem cool by giving him guns and stuff, but his character is so boring! It reminds of a Michael Bay movie even.

Foo

Smash Lord
??? I main Sonic and I use GameCube controller, constistantly wavedash, although compared to the rest of the smash fanbase would probably be considered a 'kid' (at least from what I know, I'm 15.) and am not a furry or aspie. Would I be considered and outlier? And what about Wizzrobe? What about Epsy Rose? What about Nazo? I'm not comparing me to them, but are those people just outliers then?
Keep in mind that evaluations should be taken with a grain of salt. A grain of salt large enough to flood every inch of land on earth if it were dropped into the ocean.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Lucario- furries that play Smash and constantly hear johns about how their character is OP

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
You say that, but then again you have an MLP avatar...

Just kidding. This is just about stereotypes, not actual trends.
Heh, I was expecting someone to bring that up. Okay, I guess I didn't read enough, thanks for the clarification though. c:
Keep in mind that evaluations should be taken with a grain of salt. A grain of salt large enough to flood every inch of land on earth if it were dropped into the ocean.
That is one huuuuge piece of salt. So I don't understand what you mean by your allegory.

Foo

Smash Lord
Heh, I was expecting someone to bring that up. Okay, I guess I didn't read enough, thanks for the clarification though. c:

That is one huuuuge piece of salt. So I don't understand what you mean by your allegory.
The phrase "taken with a grain of salt" generally means, "taken with skepticism." In this case, the grain of salt needed is (insert my previous description). Basically, all of these evaluations are completely baseless and made by someone who has absolutely no idea what they are talking about, and that's kind of the point. I think (hope) they are simply intended to be funny. Don't take anything said in this entire thread seriously lol

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Last edited:

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
Like omg, the intended main point of this thread was for people to post their own visions of people IRL, not just evaluate mine. I wanted to make fun of how our minds think they can characeture everything, while at the same time being wowed if they happen to be true.

Anyways, you guys better not be dissin' on conspiracy theoriests, because I'm a big conspiracy theorist.

Top Bottom