• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pictures of Isaac AT

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Basically but I guess there's always next time and I do have a strong feeling that there will be one simply because I imagine with the last SSB that Nintendo would go all out with the roster. It's weird but I'm starting to think that they made the roster so lackluster on purpose simply because it would be a lot easier to top in the next game, kind of like with Melee.
That is exactly what I thought. There is also the fact that the roster count increase was less dramatic than Melee's. It seems that they know how to show some restraint in the roster increase, unlike other fighting series(Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 comes to mind).

BTW, no one shall underestimate the power of a giant energy hand! :flame:A similar attack, called the Shaolin Blast, is featured in the Clover PS2 game God Hand. It is the most powerful move in the entire game(next to Double Shaolin), as it can plow through a row of enemies and kills them instantly!

Oh, and Isaac's design is not too shabby.;)

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Giving him push Psynergy was a little lame. I don't think he should have used his sword, but he could have done something a little bit closer to home, like a Gaia or Spire spell, or both. Seriously, how many heroes rely on Earth magic?

Ah well, at least he's an AT, unlike apparently Krystal or Midna.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Aw, I wanna hear Sakurai's AT update and talk about how he "knows he was a popular character but he decided to make him an AT anyway"...:p

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Where's the Earth-oriented Psynergy? Why use something so simple as Push? Sure, its a basic ability that represents Golden Sun because its in every game, but this doesn't do Isaac any justice! At least he is an Assist Trophy, though, and that's something.

Still, Gaia or Ragnarok would've been a better choice. People who've never played Golden Sun are going to use that AT and think.. "wow, what a lame *** character. I'm not touching his game."

Arteen

Smash Lord
I think Push is perfectly fine as an attack. And as far as I'm concerned, Isaac's been in Smash from the start; he's the real Master Hand. ;)

Rash

Smash Ace
You get Isaac in some form, and still complain? Get what you want, then ask for more?

Again, it just supports my idea that no one can be satisfied.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Isaac is so cool, if he was playable, I wouldn't even consider maining any other characters.

Not even dear old Sonikku.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
OMG! Isaac in 3D!

It's about time we got to see him... XD

You get Isaac in some form, and still complain? Get what you want, then ask for more?

Again, it just supports my idea that no one can be satisfied.
Actually we wanted him as playable. >_> So we didn't get what we wanted. We have every right to complain. :ohwell:

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
I love this little reference. Admittedly up close he looks a bit ooer, but in action, what more could you want? I definitely <3 the reference, thanks for these!

-- Andy

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
i hate sakurai. isaac would have totally replaced marth! he would've been wayy better! **** you sakurai, this was a big mistake putting isaac as an assist trophy. marth shouldve been the assist trophy. i hope that there will be another smash bros game with isaac in it and marth completely out of it, or at least an assist trophy. **** you sakurai...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
i hate sakurai. isaac would have totally replaced marth! he would've been wayy better! **** you sakurai, this was a big mistake putting isaac as an assist trophy. marth shouldve been the assist trophy. i hope that there will be another smash bros game with isaac in it and marth completely out of it, or at least an assist trophy. **** you sakurai...
*throws a pie at this guy too*

Granted, Isaac should have been playable but to say he should have replaced Marth is flat out ********.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad he uses something unique like Psynergy than more sword crap. I mean honestly, you got Lyn, you got Samurai Goroh, and you got Gray Fox. Then you've got other sword dudes with Marth, Ike, Link, and Young Link. That's a lot of swords.
they shouldve taken marth out and added isaac instead! marth is still broken in brawl and he shouldve been replaced by isaac. isaac can kick his *** anytime!!! his moves would be balanced and still be a worthy swordsman. sakurai has let me down...:(

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
*throws a pie at this guy too*

Granted, Isaac should have been playable but to say he should have replaced Marth is flat out ********.
yea right! if marth was nerfed then it wouldve been a completely different story. but since he's not, isaac should taken over. hes waayyy better, so drop it.

Arteen

Smash Lord
his moves would be balanced and still be a worthy swordsman.
But (as this AT shows), Isaac really isn't a swordsman at heart. He has psychic powers, telekinetic powers, summoning, unleashes, and earth magic powers from which to draw a moveset. He just happens to have a sword too. He wouldn't replace Marth at all.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
*drums fingers*

At least Isaac HAS something in Brawl... SMRPG didn't even get represented by a single trophy or piece of music. I'm royally pissed that I'm walking away from this affair completely empty handed and I'll have to wait 4-5 years before I can even hope for the announcement of a new SSB game... *sigh* I guess I'll go back to trying to push a true sequel to SMRPG and get ignored by Nintendo there too...
I'm not sure if your drumming of fingers is an agree or disagree, but look at it this way. If by some miracle there IS downloadable content (not that I'm counting on it mind you) Geno STILL has a chance (along with Megaman and Krystal I might add :grin:) but it's over for Isaac.

OMG! Isaac in 3D!

It's about time we got to see him... XD

Actually we wanted him as playable. >_> So we didn't get what we wanted. We have every right to complain. :ohwell:
Exactly. AT wasn't what we wanted.

I'm upset too, but that is just rediculous. Marth deserves the spot he has (broken or not) because he is argueably the face of the FE series. That and I really, REALLY wanted to beat him up with Isaac. :ohwell:

Then again, I suppose it is bit much to expect Isaac to be a playable rep when he has only two slightly outdated GBA games compared to the playable franchises who either have full fledged and recent console releases or represent a significant era of gaming.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm not sure if your drumming of fingers is an agree or disagree, but look at it this way. If by some miracle there IS downloadable content (not that I'm counting on it mind you) Geno STILL has a chance (along with Megaman and Krystal I might add :grin:) but it's over for Isaac.

Drumming your fingers and leaning your head on one of your hands is usually a sign of annoyance or impatitence. In other words, I'm really annoyed that despite all the SMRPG fans did in order to get SOME representation in Brawl, they still don't even get a single trophy in it's honor despite Sakurai and his team paying tribute to a ton of games they "forgot" in Melee like Yoshi's Island, DKC2, and Kirby Super Star. I need a beer...

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Drumming your fingers and leaning your head on one of your hands is usually a sign of annoyance or impatitence. In other words, I'm really annoyed that despite all the SMRPG fans did in order to get SOME representation in Brawl, they still don't even get a single trophy in it's honor despite Sakurai and his team paying tribute to a ton of games they "forgot" in Melee like Yoshi's Island, DKC2, and Kirby Super Star. I need a beer...
Yeah, I heard about your portfolio (who hasn't) and all of the hard work you put into that. You even travelled to Japan to deliver it personally. Looking at it that way, I'm a little more grateful Isaac got what he did if that helps any.

sync

Smash Apprentice
Even though Golden Sun has a big fanbase, it isn't NEARLY as big as FE. Issac got a good spot in SSBB, at least they didn't just make him a normal trophy, he gets some battle time.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I still have the theory, that they tried to make him, Lyn, Goroh, Saki, Waluigi and Little Mac playable. Too bad though...

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I think he looks wonderful, but I wish he was playable though. Maybe if the next Golden Sun comes out if the next Smash Bros. game comes, his popularity may increase tenfold. I hope so...

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
My friends flipped when I told them that Issac was in the game.

So I guess that's a good thing? I've never played Golden Sun, so I wouldn't know...

Arteen

Smash Lord
Then again, I suppose it is bit much to expect Isaac to be a playable rep when he has only two slightly outdated GBA games compared to the playable franchises who either have full fledged and recent console releases or represent a significant era of gaming.
I'd say that the GBA was a significant era in gaming (especially since it helped keep Nintendo profitable through the last generation). Lucas and PT hardly count as representatives for it though. :ohwell:

Top Bottom