• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

picking up icies for mains weakness?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
I was thinking about how to cover some weak match ups and then i thought, why don't u learn an ice climber for that specific matchup and try to make it 100% your win every time. if u just concentrate on ONE character for your ice climber i bet people would find exact times to grab, perfect a chain grab, and find new stuff etc.

is that a good idea? lets say my weakness is always wario,, in tourney i would switch to icies with them. the only problem is i dont know if they would cp me. but if u know a certain player only plays that one character, then your good. icies could become the best secondary right?

i always wanted to play IC since melee since i think its the only challenge tech wise/skill in brawl lol anyone wanna post me some links to helpful guides,vids? on my own without ever setting foot in the icies boards ive manege to teach myself 0-deaths on most chars but only around 75% of the time do i do it fully, after the 100+ they might get out

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
Ice climbers is probably not worth it to counterpick a single character, they are a very practice and skill intensive character... now, if you just want another character to play... go for it.

J4pu

Smash Champion
basically from what I understand you are saying, you are completely wrong. IC's do not counter every character and therefore you cannot pick up IC's to counter anybody you have problems with.

Also, as karate mentioned, IC's are probably the most time consuming character to learn, so picking them up as a counter to one character (although eliminating the need to learn CG timing against everybody) is a bad idea.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
yea i put two topics in my thread since i had a lot to say. but it is true they are weak against some chars.

but what if i wanted to learn them for falco and ddd. learning only those two against the icies would make my icies against those two better than other icis or no?

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
wtf? better than other IC?...........

loool but really dont bother picking up for 2 characters. They're the most consuming and they're called the "Glass Cannon" character for a reason. >_> in all honestly, if you wanted to make your IC "Good" your better off maining them. Go GaW for those two. I wanna see what swordy/lain/Meep wants to say on this....

:<

J4pu

Smash Champion
playing a character only against one or two other characters would make your IC's worse than somebody who plays them against everybody. You lose the lessons that playing against other characters would teach you and therefore lose out on potential.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
seph did i inspire u at KTAR. for this MU if he's coming in wit a dair just U tilt. yeah learn CG like me.i will place higher.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
my IC beat him ^ lol. unless he sandbagged but i did too XDDDDDDDDDDDD

Top Bottom