• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
For the rest, it is time!

Speak into the eyes of CHUPAZI

Know the ones who follow unto HIJOLE

Seek the unknown wisdom

Gheb is there an unknown wisdom to which you contribute? Or do you seek unknown wisdom?

Maven, art thou one Wolf or a coyote?

Jexs you too, wolf or coyote?

RosalinaGS, Zenny, Jexs, I forget who else, what happened to our tea party?
im none im a jexs
That was in response to Alakaslam.
Jexs you must be one!

Whence went our tea party? Is this Zenny's problem?
Of course I'm a jexs.
And Jexs is either a coyote or a wolf. Well, could also be a fox.
Jexs is neither. Jexs is a person.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hopefully mine is dark enough.

Anyway,my thoughts:too much rushing through d0 (basically insulting us when we took too long)
and IIRC he was aggressive to anyone disagreeing with his role choices
Jaytheunseen. Your first post that intrigued me was your reasoning for why you had me as scum. So I wondered why you weren't voting me. And so I asked you.

He wants random lynches?

It looks like Ran isn't as scummy as I thought.He ssaid things I 2nd,like how people FoSed for disagreements rather than reasons.
But near the 2nd half is when he starts getting annoyed at the longevity of the phase.
I agree with his irritation at all the FoSes,BUT what I don't like is him wanting to get the phase over so we can get to real votes.If we based votes off disagreements we're heading in a bad direction.

So neither he nor Zen were really aggressive to those who they disagreed with.I'm glad I didn't vote.

Jexs wanted to not have vengeful a lot though,thinking it feels like the weakest of the 3 as maf can't control it.

Wots didn't post much 2nd half.

As a side note Jexs,you never did say
You then backed down from your 'push' on me. Here you came off as wishy washy, you weren't sure of your push on me so you just backed off. Notice how you only did so after I asked you about voting me. You mentioned the same reasoning against me a few times, yet never did you once think to check back to go back on the reasoning when forced to place a vote. Not before. I was interested in your new scumreads because you just backed down from your uncertain push on me and zen. Yet you still try to push me... for questioning you? This seems like you are trying to force a scumread on me. You aren't even responding correctly to my responses. I asked you why it's bad to question you and you don't answer.

I feel Gheb is probably town.
Third, I explained why this post was intriguing to me. You accepted it, so I don't see how you have a problem with it.

No one particularly at the moment (other than Ranmaru)
Finally I see this. I find it odd that you still hold a scumread on me, and so of course I'm going to ask why you still scumread me after you have backed down.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Jaytheunseen. Your first post that intrigued me was your reasoning for why you had me as scum. So I wondered why you weren't voting me. And so I asked you.

You then backed down from your 'push' on me. Here you came off as wishy washy, you weren't sure of your push on me so you just backed off. Notice how you only did so after I asked you about voting me. You mentioned the same reasoning against me a few times, yet never did you once think to check back to go back on the reasoning when forced to place a vote. Not before. I was interested in your new scumreads because you just backed down from your uncertain push on me and zen. Yet you still try to push me... for questioning you? This seems like you are trying to force a scumread on me. You aren't even responding correctly to my responses. I asked you why it's bad to question you and you don't answer.

Third, I explained why this post was intriguing to me. You accepted it, so I don't see how you have a problem with it.

Finally I see this. I find it odd that you still hold a scumread on me, and so of course I'm going to ask why you still scumread me after you have backed down.
I never backed down,I said that your early game actions weren't as scummy as I thought.

2nd,it is not bad to question.But you are doing so ONLY to me to the point of excess.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I never backed down,I said that your early game actions weren't as scummy as I thought.

2nd,it is not bad to question.But you are doing so ONLY to me to the point of excess.
I have suffered worse from a town Ranmaru.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The game got to like page 17 and suddenly slowed down so it's totally fine. :chuckle:

Anyway. Jaytheunseen. How about you take a break. Relax. Then come back and read what I said and try to see my point of view.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Btw that's backing down. I'm not doing so in excess. It's just enough, and it's warranted questions.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
This has got to be the fastest pase mafia game I've ever seen...

I'm willing to divulge my feelings on a few players however:

Gheb: Really liked him d0, but I'm not sure anymore.
Ran: Really pushing people which I don't like, but someone has to do it or the game will go nowhere.
JeXs: If ran is scum then JeX is.
Jay: Either scum or he's slipping up under pressure.

Nothing convincing enough for me to drop a vote, sadly.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
This has got to be the fastest pase mafia game I've ever seen...

I'm willing to divulge my feelings on a few players however:

Gheb: Really liked him d0, but I'm not sure anymore.
Ran: [red]Really pushing people which I don't like[/red], [green]but someone has to do it or the game will go nowhere.[/green]
JeXs: If ran is scum then JeX is.
Jay: Either scum or he's slipping up under pressure.

Nothing convincing enough for me to drop a vote, sadly.
Ok, what do you like then?

How do you find scum? Why is pushing people the wrong method of scum hunting to you?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
The game got to like page 17 and suddenly slowed down so it's totally fine. :chuckle:

Anyway. Jaytheunseen. How about you take a break. Relax. Then come back and read what I said and try to see my point of view.
Yeah,I'm not changing my read on you

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@ Xivii Xivii "He does get bored as mafia, but I don't think he'd be anymore excited to play D1 than he would D0." needs to be defined more. I don't understand why you would think like this and check him out as a town read when both you and him were pushing a "scum benefit from discussion in this phase a lot" meaning that him wanting to stay in that phase would be suspicious.
Can you rephrase this? I don't quite understand.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ : That's it?
@ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen : Did you even read my last post to you? You are acting pretty stubborn with your read on me. At least respond to the post point my point. Also, you state that you wonder why I haven't asked other people questions, but I have been before and after your stated concern. Notice I have asked Alakaslam a question, Gheb a question, Maven, Joey, etc. How does that change your thoughts?
@ Dooms Dooms : Thoughts on Gheb and Jaytheunseen so far?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oh nevermind I get. I think you're assuming a retro town read? My read is based off his play today not yesterday. My post was addressing Mave's thought that scum Ran was trying to rush through that phase due to boredom. What I'm saying is that I think scum Ran would be bored in this phase just as much as Day 0, but what I've seen from him so far is actively questioning and making pushes, not boredom.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ : That's it?
@ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen : Did you even read my last post to you? You are acting pretty stubborn with your read on me. At least respond to the post point my point. Also, you state that you wonder why I haven't asked other people questions, but I have been before and after your stated concern. Notice I have asked Alakaslam a question, Gheb a question, Maven, Joey, etc. How does that change your thoughts?
@ Dooms Dooms : Thoughts on Gheb and Jaytheunseen so far?
As you said yourself,swinging opinions are somewhat scummy.And yes,you've been asking questions to others-but there was a period where you pushed nearly everything I said.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jexys, talk to me Jaytheunseen here. Tell me your thoughts on him, and not just a read. I'm interested in hearing what you have to say.

Jaytheunseen, your concern is that I have been giving you too much attention. Yet I feel I have been talking to and addressing more people than you. In fact, before even asking you a question, I posted a case on Gheb and reasoning for a scum read on Joey. Being unsure and looking at both sides of the coin are two different aspects btw. So please actually respond to my #804. Like each quote I responded to in it. Please. Don't just ignore it. This is what Alakaslam is talking about.

JeXs

Smash Champion
he seems extremely defensive. i cant tell if hes a newbie cracking under pressure or scum though, dont have a real read on him, pretty conflicted.

Maven89

Smash Master
I'll expand more.

I personally do not like Ranmaru's posts. I find them relatively weak and jumping to conclussions on really flimsy evidence. I want him to be scummy to explain this but I thinking more and more it's just disagrement between me and him.

Alakaslam needs to knock off the nonsense or I'll support his lynch just to stop it

Gheb just goddamn vanished and has barely put any effort in, and just completly ignored everything going on. I'm keeping my vote on him.

JaytheUnseen is looking more new to me then scummy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I personally do not like Ranmaru's posts. I find them relatively weak and jumping to conclussions on really flimsy evidence. I want him to be scummy to explain this but I thinking more and more it's just disagrement between me and him.

Alakaslam needs to knock off the nonsense or I'll support his lynch just to stop it
1. If you find whatever I say to be something you disagree with, it'd do some good for you to bring it up and discuss it with me.
2. Alaslam's posting is fine. In fact I like it and find it funny. You are just going to have to put up with it.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
1. If you find whatever I say to be something you disagree with, it'd do some good for you to bring it up and discuss it with me.
2. Alaslam's posting is fine. In fact I like it and find it funny. You are just going to have to put up with it.
Personally,I second Maven's thoughts,Alakaslam should post what he wants to say and not encrypt it.

Maven89

Smash Master

I...have? Like several times now and you've responded each time?

Nah, I'm not. If the guy wants to play "Hot Topic" he can do so in the social thread

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. Ah, fair enough. Keep it up then.

2. It's dumb for you to policy lynch him just for not understanding him. If you don't, then simply ask someone else for a translation (like me). Or ask him what something means. At least he is posting and active, better than those that have yet to post or at least let the game stall like Gheb. I'm sure you can understand since you are voting Gheb for this. Regardless if you disagree, I won't stand for a policy lynch on him. We'll lose if we just look towards policy lynching because we possibly have roles that cause extra deaths to flip. I'll refrain from posting anymore regarding this as it's just going into what I think should be right theory wise rather than just game play. Regardless he's a town read and I won't let a policy happen to him.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Ok, what do you like then?

How do you find scum? Why is pushing people the wrong method of scum hunting to you?
I've played lots of mafia on a different site where quoting role PMs and PMing other players was allowed. As a result of this I'm much more used to evidence by claiming. I haven't yet adjusted to reads by other's reads. It'll take me a few games.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Okay I've thought about things a bit (and I played videogames)

@ JeXs JeXs Gheb push is simply disgusting. Not only is the reasoning behind it horrid in general (angry Gheb? Really?), but it also doesn't line up meta-wise. Trying to say that Gheb cooperates as town over scum is BS. Gheb always plays with a "be aggressive but cooperate with people that will get me closer to winning or can help me reach my goals" mentality, and it's obvious in any game I recall being in with him. The first one that comes to mind is swag mafia where he was scum and cooperated with slots like Ryker in order to get closer to his goal. If there was anyone he felt he could get something from in this game, he'd probably be working with them. The fact that he started out this game cooperating in order to get what he wanted with his Godfather role shows this. This read alone is probably one of the most BS reads I've seen.

Outside of his Gheb push, he has a scum read on Maven, which hasn't been pushed aside from when he attempted to reflect my pressure from himself onto Maven. I do not like that JeXs did this either. While Maven's crappy meta read on JeXs was questionable, the fact that Maven's vote is elsewhere shows that JeXs is more of a weaker read or gut read than anything else for him. Him trying to compare himself to Maven in order to get my thoughts off of him is disgusting. Outside of his really bad push and his not-really-a push, he hasn't done **** D1. I don't have an opinion of his D0 play because it was just spouting for Janitor and that's null. JeXs can die.

@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ is null. Him being stubborn like this is definitely not pro town (or pro scum), but with how Ranmaru is playing regarding almost everyone that pushed Godfather, I can't disagree with him. He's being very stubborn and not discussing things with town, and I don't like that, but that's not indicating of alignment (ESPECIALLY for someone like Gheb). If Ranmaru is getting away with OMGUS'ing three slots and having to say "Maven isn't included because he's inexperienced" to the only other slot pressuring him (which is null for Ranmaru specifically but would be scummy for other players), I'm not going to turn around and vote Gheb for being stubborn.

@ ranmaru ranmaru I agree with Maven. Ranmaru's play is just crappy in general. Not scummy (or townie). It's just crappy. He's playing the "if you agree with me, you're town, but if you don't, you're suspicious or inexperienced" thought process right now, and it's really obvious with how he's handling literally all of the active slots so far. That's not scummy of course, it's just bad lmao. He's just playing horribly. Ranmaru isn't a scum read for me. He's just null. Although I don't like how he's pushing Gheb so hard for something so null.

@ Maven89 Maven89 I like Maven. Maven is a cool guy, and I've seen where his thoughts are coming from more than any other slot this game. I feel like I'm in a hydra with him they're so similar (at least prior to making this post lmao). He's the most townie slot to me in this game.

@ Xivii Xivii I'm neutral to most of what Zen has said. His defense towards Ranmaru was really disgusting, and I can't see why anyone would think that after both Zen himself and Ranmaru were both saying "STAYING IN THIS PHASE IS GOOD FOR SCUM!" that scumRan wouldn't run into Day 1 just as easily if not easier than townRan. You're literally asking for scum to push into Day 1 in order to get two people off of their back temporarily. That mindset is gross. Like I said, though, I'm neutral to almost everything Zen has said outside of this.

@ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen is probably the last slot to actually comment on. To put it simply, he's a new player, and that much is really obvious. I'm not going to lynch him just because he's asking "Why are you focusing on me specifically when other people are doing the same thing". I'd like for him to... you know... actually answer people, but him wondering about why he's not getting equal treatment when compared to slots that Ranmaru isn't attacking is kinda null. I'm not against voting him if it came down to it, but that's it.

My lynch preference is JeXs >>>> JayTheUnseen > Ranmaru (I'd barely lynch Ranmaru over an inactive).

My vote is staying on JeXs.

Top Bottom