• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu vs Jigglypuff

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
so i think that jiggz is one of pichu's worst matchups because First or all,since pichu damages himself, after like 10% of self inflicted dameage if you get uthrow rested you're pretty much dead. also, all of your special moves have enough lag to be punishable with rest, so don't use any of your special moves. Another promblem is that most of pichu's attacks have a very small hitbox so you are unlikely to hit jiggz with almost all of your attacks

Rappster

Smash Ace
so i think that jiggz is one of pichu's worst matchups because since pichu damages himself, after like 10% if you get uthrow rested you're pretty much dead
omfg so genius.
pls continue to enlighten us with your brilliance.
:newbie:

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
wwhhat???

if puff misses her rest she dies at 25% ANY stage from side-B and if she lands it she still dies at low percents from up-smash.

jolts are also very helpful in racking up damage and controling puff. also f-throw nair if your most solid throw combo if puff Dis to you you may be able to do more.

also puff can't really get anything from her throws other than edge gaurd or if you are dumb. if puff tryed to follow up after her up-throw she'll get hit by thunder. a good 16% so you'll bbasically trade hits.

Really puff isn't that bad other than on a few stages like DL64/brinstar and for me Ys/DoF because in like any match I need lots of space to camp with.

also self damage isn't really part of the match-up really iif you land fair and take 4% you do 7% but you also get a grab with sets up f-throw that sets up nair you take 5% and do about 30% that's better than samus's CC by far.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah if thunder misses you you are normally fairly safe also it's a 50-50 puff is even on the right side and even more unlikely she'll land it. also i just explained why rest isn't to amazing vs pichu. I know i've killed puff at 60% after rest on battlefeild.

also most puff's don't think about weaving after getting hit very high up they normally just go to one side so you can normally just predict which way puff will go and thunder her and if she still doesn't weave another thunder and it's funny.

also pichu's size makes a huge diffence in the match-up full hop bairs can't hit him even when he SHFFls full hops for puff can give pichu an upair and cost puff stage control which is mad inmportant for puff. high enough=thunder low enough= another upair=thunder.

really me and KK argeed the match-up was most likely pichu<<puff not <<< like sheik or whatever.

next thing I know your going to tell me marth's are very hard to fight and peach is easy.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
ICG is right on his first post. Pichu happens to do well against Jiggs if HE KEEPS MOVING. His N-air won't stop all of her moves, but it will connect with most. Furthermore, although it seems redundant. Use up-air. That way, you can re position her, and hopefully on the way down, they wont expect a possible Agility Cancelled - Usmash.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
well if pichu stops moving in like any match-up normally he's f***ed. He has ADHD if you force him to stop and focus he'll think about why and why he sucks and alll kinds of thousands of thoughts per a sec. and he'll expode ears everywhere.

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
jiggz' up smash isn't powerful enough to ko youy until you have at least 110 damage
oh btw I beat my friend's ICs with pichu and the matchup is 100-0

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you can't beat someone as ice climbers as pichu unless they don't know what their doing. yeah puff's up-smash is a bit of a joke.

shikashake2

Smash Cadet
It's considered to be a fairly close matchup, slightly in favor of Jigglypuff. It's far from being one of Pichu's worst matchups.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
H*** no it'e like 30-70ish and people would say i'm extreme. pichu doesn't have a good way to solidly camp or kill. this isn't like you can simply DD grab or something

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
we just ended it at maybe maybe not and we may as well be lazy and leave it a lone not to change it because it could go either way equally maybe a little more on the >> side.

we argeed it wasn't to big of a deal.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
k

but if we agreed "maybe maybe not" then don't say i agreed with your stance

'cuz "maybe maybe not" means either or and doesn't in any way imply a consensus was reached

Top Bottom