• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu Power Ranking

T0MMY

Smash Master
Flan...
You need to:
1)fast-fall
2)L-cancel
3)Tech

After that you will be able to combo better. Take it to solo play and start practicing some of the advance techniques.

I liked Kizzu's Pichu. That Marth player was kind of terrible. But that doesn't mean the Pichu was terrible. He might make it to the top 5 Pichu players if he keeps up the practice. I liked how he used the Agility effectively once.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Flan...
You need to:
1)fast-fall
2)L-cancel
3)Tech

After that you will be able to combo better. Take it to solo play and start practicing some of the advance techniques.

I liked Kizzu's Pichu. That Marth player was kind of terrible. But that doesn't mean the Pichu was terrible. He might make it to the top 5 Pichu players if he keeps up the practice. I liked how he used the Agility effectively once.
i need to use fast-falling more, i'm practising my L-cancelling, and Teching is what i'm starting to pick up.

thanks for the advice anyways.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'd like to hear more from the panelists on this.
Delphiki, I think you're one of the only people actively trying to improve on your Pichu in the entire world
Maybe you'll get better than me with him soon :^O
(use the power of the full-charge skullbash!)

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Why thank you T0mmy. ^_^ Although you still have more mastery of the critter than me. Lately I've been working on comboing into Thunder for the KO....it's so awesome.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I haven't read the matchup chart, I didn't even know it existed. And chances are if it's someone else other than me talking about Pichu it's 99% incorrect. Haha.

But, yeah, Peach destroys Pichu. However, there are plenty of worse matchups. First of all, anyone who can chaingrab destroys Pichu more, which is to say a lot of characters. I used to HATE playing against Peaches with Pichu, now I hate it less than other matchups.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm alittle confused about this thread.
You guys are judging who's the best Pichu by using...videos?

sanity

Smash Rookie
t0mmy has best pichu no doubt.

t0mmy you embarrassed me with your pichu errggh you 4 stocked me. well cant wait to play you again at the next salem tourney!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
In my opinion, the panelists need firsthand experience in order to judge the order of the top four. As I see it, and this is in no particular order, are robyextreme, Coen, t0mmy, and myself.

I'll be getting the chance to play roby in December, btw. ^_^

The rest of the good Pichu players are those who are good players in their own right but don't have much mastery of Pichu. They are Chu, KoreanDJ, Azen, and (maybe) Kizzu.

T0MMY

Smash Master
t0mmy has best pichu no doubt.

t0mmy you embarrassed me with your pichu errggh you 4 stocked me. well cant wait to play you again at the next salem tourney!
Hey, Sanity. It was nice meeting you at that tourney.
I'll pack my Pichu next Salem tourney, guarenteed. You can get your revenge, so keep practicing :^)

In my opinion, the panelists need firsthand experience in order to judge the order of the top four. As I see it, and this is in no particular order, are robyextreme, Coen, t0mmy, and myself.

I'll be getting the chance to play roby in December, btw. ^_^

The rest of the good Pichu players are those who are good players in their own right but don't have much mastery of Pichu. They are Chu, KoreanDJ, Azen, and (maybe) Kizzu.
Yeah, that's why it's easier just to have panelists rather than having everyone vote. Otherwise it becomes a popularity contest and everyone just votes Chudat, even though he rarely plays Pichu.

Me and Delphiki make good panelists because we tend to travel a lot and get to play other Pichu players. Coen doesn't post anymore, and he's all the way in Netherlands so I don't know if he's much of a panelist.

Have fun playing Roby! A lot of my local Smashers have had a chance to play him, but all I heard back from them was "There's a Pichu player in Canada." So maybe you can get a more accurate representation of his playing.

Also, I didn't know Kizzu played Pichu. I'm interested in seeing some videos or maybe I'll stumble upon this Pichu at SCC?

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, that's why it's easier just to have panelists rather than having everyone vote. Otherwise it becomes a popularity contest and everyone just votes Chudat, even though he rarely plays Pichu.

Me and Delphiki make good panelists because we tend to travel a lot and get to play other Pichu players. Coen doesn't post anymore, and he's all the way in Netherlands so I don't know if he's much of a panelist.
I don't post much anymore, but I read ^^ I don't want to be a panelist though, I don't think I'm suited for that. Furthermore, my interest in Pichu has decreased over the past months. I can still play him as well as before, but I just never feel like playing him anymore.

Delphiki

Smash Champion

T0MMY

Smash Master
Coen, you're a panelist, so there. Hah.
Delphiki, I guess Kizzu is ok, looks like an advanced player who put a little bit of attention on Pichu.
Jihnsius, I hope to see you on the top of the Pichu Power Ranking list some day.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Pro players like yourself, M2k, KDJ, and Chu can pick up any character and **** most people. If it makes you feel any better I could put you as #1 Pichu player...

Tell Chu to finish our MM or forever feel the wrath of sleepy Pichu >:^P
(or am I too much for him? hee hee)

Delphiki

Smash Champion
That picture is false. I suspect t!mmy is behind this.

t0mmy, I think we have been going about these Rankings in the wrong way in our criteria. Take a look at this post.

Brookman said:
Rankings are supposed to represent things accurately, and if there is no evidence of PC having the best pichu in the nation... then there's no ground to put him at the top of the list. Part of the reason lists like that are made is so that new or lesser players can see who the top names are, and learn from them. If PC, m2k, KDJ, ken, isai, azen etc were all on the top every character list no one would be able to learn anything from people who actually play that character.

If we based the list on simply who knows all the subleties of the character best, #s 1-4 would most likely be me, t0mmy, Coen, and roby. But how well does that translate into results? What good is that information without the ability to apply it?

The top pros may be the exact opposite - less specifics but applied better, producing MUCH MUCH BETTER RESULTS.

Also, we're both biased and ignorant when it comes to how much we think the tops know. We can easily argue that they do so well because of their overall skill, but in fact it may be that they actually have much more Pichu knowledge than us, and we simply see it as 'all-around skill', or even worse - we don't see it at all.

I move that all players with a good amount of Pichu vids (preferably at least 5) should be reviewed and considered equally according to results, style, and finesse, with weight given to the first two. Rankings will probably be best at 10. Word-of-mouth, or anything else without concrete proof should be discarded. Finally, we should find one or two non-Pichu players to be panelists, preferably top level players who know more than us.

By doing the list this way we actually achieve something, instead of just building a collection of numbers and names which promotes ourselves. If there are fifty other players who use Pichu better than us, we should be #51. We should instead create a list which truly shows the potential of Pichu - not just showcase the guys with the most tricks up their sleeve. If a new player comes along wondering what Pichu can do, they'll have it, instead of having a bunch of theory with no application.

Avengeants

Smash Rookie
Better application of raw knowledge is better, as can be seen by new players with a quick-learning mind. You do need a healthy balance though.

Oh, and I'm making that picture my sig now

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm in full agreement of getting some outside panelists to help, but we'd be hard-pressed to find someone who is serious about the game and takes a Pichu PR list seriously.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Hey, I just realized that every recent post in the pichu threads says either 'T0MMY' or 'Delphiki'. Go find something else to stalk lol

Anyway, I'm da best Pichu.... not really, but I beat someone's Marth once =)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just count me out for this Power ranking stuff thing. I don't want to be ranked on a Pichu ranking.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Gimpy would be a decent panelist. I believe he's played Robyextreme and myself as well.
Maybe we could get Taj to help out, considering he does mod the Pichu forums.
Now, how about an east coast guy...

Coen, Pichu players are a dying breed, you should at least want nomination :^(

Delphiki

Smash Champion
t0mmy what do you think of the top players? Either way we do it though - I think we should limit it to vids. No point in being ranking without letting people see why *gets new vids*. And you're going to SCC right?

F&V - why would that make anyone feel better? :confused:

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
I play pichu! Although a 13 year old Pichu player doesnt win much, let alone have a video(s). But good luck with the rankings.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Include the pro players videos. I'd like to see a video of Mew2king vs KoreanDJ, personally. Maybe they don't use Pichu's potential, but they could demonstrate a better understanding of playing using him?
I just don't see all the C. Falcon players saying Azen is the best Falcon in the world because he wins all the time, but only ever uses the F-air knee or how he's the best Marth player because he can beat Ken, but only F-smashes.
One of the reasons we're creating a list of the top Pichu players is so we can look at the videos/discussion on bringing out Pichu's potential. We've seen plenty of new players posting videos that won't further the meta game with Pichu. Smash players should know the top players of every character so they can recognize post names or videos from those players and know it'll be good.
I hope every other character specific thread follows this and I'll be able to meet the top players at the events I go to.
(Yes, I am confirmed to go to Super Champ Combo)

T0MMY

Smash Master
If PC Chris so much as ever selected Pichu once, even by accident, he'd probably be #1 on the PR list.
Haha ;^D

Top Bottom