• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu Power Ranking

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
UFO: I've beaten Chu in dittos, more than once. Of course it depends on your def. of beaten, because he always pauses and resets before he dies, the *******, LoL. The only proof I could think to give you is to ask him. All in all though, it's really not a HUGE accomplishment. Like you guys said, being somewhat new to the char, his metagame still needs improvement. And how would/could someone "challenge" you for the title, Delphiki? SOS talks about his Pichu all the time, and everyone down here says it's good as well, but I've never seen it, so w/e. I saw you at the last UCLA tourny and wanted to play you bad; sorry I missed you. You gonna be at the next one? If so, we'll def get some matches in then, Pichu battles or other-wise...
I know you are a good pichu but i can't exact take your word. Maybe if someone else has seen your battles or if Chu were to vouch for you.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'll just edit the first post with nominees of Pichu mains.
I nominate myself.

Hm... Just how many Pichu *mains* are there?

I don't even know if NGCXX mains the little rat.
I don't know how often Korean DJ plays him, and I know he doesn't play him in tournements.
Chu mains Ice Climbers

I main Pichu, my sig even proves it ;^D

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
I'll just edit the first post with nominees of Pichu mains.
I nominate myself.

Hm... Just how many Pichu *mains* are there?

I don't even know if NGCXX mains the little rat.
I don't know how often Korean DJ plays him, and I know he doesn't play him in tournements.
Chu mains Ice Climbers

I main Pichu, my sig even proves it ;^D
I nominate myself too.

I'm pretty sure NGCXX mains Pichu as well.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I guess if you have a video, you can be nominated because there's something a little more substantial then taking someone's word for it.
I'll just add everyone who's listed in the Pichu vid thread to the list, maybe make some modification if I know someone doesn't really play Pichu and just happens to have a video.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I main Ice Climbers, secondary Pichu. Tommy is surely lord of the Pichu mains. I do play him exclusively in Low Tier (he's one hell of a Linkbane ^_^).

I like the idea of only rating people with vids, too.

T0MMY

Smash Master
We'll just allow Pichu secondaries to be known as "other mains" thereby granting you two into nomination.
I'm thinking of going all-Pichu at a big tourney today. Wish me luck.

Oh, and I will try to get some new videos of my Pichu online. I watch some of those old ones and they make me sick to my stomach.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I don't think Chu plays Pichu anymore. He switched to Pikachu now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHL7NBlLEJE

Once you go up the tier list to Pikachu you might as well just keep going until you reach Fox, what's the point of playing a bad character that's better than a worse character? Heh heh.

Also, I should ask if KDJ ever plays Pichu anymore... his videos are from a year ago.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll gladly accept your challenge, Gimpy. Oh wait, I'm at the other side of the ocean, right? ._.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Delphiki, MM Kirby vs Pichu? My Kirby is terrible and I have no idea what to do in that match-up. So, it's like, free money. >_>

T0MMY

Smash Master
Pichu can hold his own against Bowser... until Bowser lands a hit, then it's all over and Gimpy does his evil laugh as you give him his money. Bwahahahahah...
Yeah, I have a hard time against good Bowsers, so I'm a little hesitant with MM people like Arash and Gimpy. However, I'd like to take the Bowser challange! I'm sure Caotic will be there as well.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Noooo! T-T

We're going to have to make Gimpy play with two controllers, I guess.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Don't they know what "no johns" means in Australia?
Someone go over there and get him... (looks at Gimpy)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Updated the first post. Now includes a vote count. Not that great, but it's still something. I wish people would view videos and vote more rather than just use this thread to chat :^P

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Sure t!mmy. Btw I think I'm going to work on getting newer (still kinda old) matches up for the voting. I think the voting should extend for a couple of months to get the word out. I'm going to sig it, too.

How exactly is voting done? It seems that we can only vote for 1st place alone. What about normal ranking systems, i.e., (assuming we did it to 5) -

Each voter makes a list up at least 1, up to 5

1. 5 pts
2. 4 pts
3. 3 pts
4. 2 pts
5. 1pts

Or do you see it better to keep it to limited to deciding ONLY the best Pichu, and letting the rest fall into place based on the number of votes?

T0MMY

Smash Master
I like your vote ranking system, but I think to make that work people need to actually take the time to watch the videos and make a list of their top five players instead of something like: WOMG CHU DAT WON EVERY TOURNEY WITH PICHU OR SO I HEARD BUT I DON'T KNOW SO HE'S THE BEST!

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
ok, well i just recently recorded some videos and i got up a new video of my Pichu. I think this video showcases me better despite the fact that my opponent suicides badly on the last life. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXbR2zs_8K0

Kinda hard to judge considering the Zelda player acts like a level 1 computer.

EDIT: My vote goes for Delphiki so far, his Pichu kicks ***.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I vote for Chu

He won every match in his pool in smashtality 2 using pichu only (good thing i wasn't there :laugh:)
That
would
be
matches

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I did lose one match with him, then I finished the set with ICs. So two plus a match.

I kind of don't like the vote system though. I feel people are getting votes when they don't really deserve it. Really, every single vote should go to T0mmy or Chu if it's only 'best Pichu'.

Perhaps we should do this as an actual rankings is done. With a communaly appointed panel who makes individual lists. If so, I think that NGCXX and T0mmy should be on the panel. Then maybe one or two non-biased, non-Pichu players?

T0MMY

Smash Master
I was thinking of a panelist system, but I wanted to see everyone's opinions on the subject, outside of just Pichu players. But it's really hard to get anyone over here to the Pichu thread.

I'm sure eventually we'll just put together about three Pichu players and look at the data I've collected here then have the first character specific power ranking panel.

I think I'd have these panelists:
NGCXX
Delphiki
Robyextreme

T0MMY

Smash Master
Okay, Del, Coen, and I will arrange a power ranking system.
We can start with the top 3 players that demonstrate Pichu's potential based on the videos we have.
I think the videos that demonstrate Pichu's potential is more important than a video that is well edited, has good music, or shows a high-level player 4-stocking a noob. Someone like Azen might be able to win with Pichu just be cause he's a good player, but it could just be his excellent distancing/timing/mind-games that does it, and that doesn't demonstrate a good Pichu player, it demonstrates a good player.

Top Bottom