• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu Power Ranking

T0MMY

Smash Master
The Pichu Power Rankings is set to determine the best players of Pichu in Super Smash Bros. Melee. What I hope to accomplish with this is to show Pichu's potential and motivate players to actively seek to improve their gameplay using Pichu. This improvement in the community will in turn find out Pichu's potential.
Delphiki

Quick list of Players for ranking
Name: t0mmy
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TeBKjIv2C4

Name: NGCXX
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLybngWUS5w

Name: Chu Dat
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAv6Y-tL_Kk

Name: Korean DJ
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC74-uDN5F4

Name: Delphiki
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coqzTqK1X_M

Name: Sinz
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2VP_axUwB0

Name: Iori
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIKBCS4yxWY

Name: Jov
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cj1XI5BZII

Name: Dire
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHxPV1RBr8s

Name: Araknofobic
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuL08s0P4ws

Name: UFO Flan
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeQCYfyIRnM

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I like it except for i think Korean and Chu should switch places.. i think Chu has beaten Korean on a number of occasions with his pichu, maybe i'm mistaken?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Um I don't know if that list was in order or not.....:confused:

The only Pichu players I have really seen are T0mmy, Chu, and a bit of KDJ. I hear good things about roby though. I should really watch some more vids. I need to get some recent matches of my Pichu...in this last month I've got him a lot better.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I like it except for i think Korean and Chu should switch places.. i think Chu has beaten Korean on a number of occasions with his pichu, maybe i'm mistaken?
Link me to the video for proof, please.
I really don't know who's Pichu is better, but I've talked with KoreanDJ about Pichu stuff before Chu picked him up, so I'll just guess his is better because technically he'd be playing longer. Chu Dat, as awesome as he is, seems to have more word of mouth going for him, but his Pichu loses to players I've never even heard of. I know, if anything, he's awesome with any character he plays just because he's a good player.

So, the list was in semi-order, but it doesn't really matter, does it? Obviously I didn't put myself on that list because I'm biased about being best Pichu in the world :cool:

T0MMY

Smash Master
I don't know, I think KDJ/Chu Dat are better players than NGCXX or myself. However, I'm very confident we're better Pichu players than they are. You won't see them pull off stuff a Pichu main will during a match, but they might be more likely to win a match because they can draw on their innate abilities as a Smash Player (mind games, distancing, timing, stage familiarity, character familiarity, etc).

marthsword

Smash Ace
I wish I were on there ^_^. But I don't have vids. And neither does robyextreme. And guys, if you want to find vids the Pichu video thread should help/work. KDJ and ChuDat have different styles, so it's really hard for me to tell. I say...ChuDat. And no I can't back my decision up.

And WTF T0MMY, where the hell are you on that list?

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Yeah I'll get more vids up when I get the chance. I had a world record for break the targets for a few months then some d00d beat me by a few milli seconds.

Theres going to be a big tourney in april I'll defitnely be recording some.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Remember guys, Azen's Pichu beat Dav3 Falco that one time some time ago (forgot when it was). Then again, that doesn't even have to be mentioned. It isn't surpising that Azen has a grand Pichu.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I wish I were on there ^_^. But I don't have vids. And neither does robyextreme. And guys, if you want to find vids the Pichu video thread should help/work. KDJ and ChuDat have different styles, so it's really hard for me to tell. I say...ChuDat. And no I can't back my decision up.

And WTF T0MMY, where the hell are you on that list?
You should read my previous post.
I'm not putting myself on my list because of obvious bias.

You should get some vids of yourself, because I'd only be inclined to put people on my PR list that I've actually seen play; video would be minimum required--hard for me to just believe someone is good because they tell me so.

Everyone else should have some fun and make up their own Pichu PR list.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
You should read my previous post.
I'm not putting myself on my list because of obvious bias.

You should get some vids of yourself, because I'd only be inclined to put people on my PR list that I've actually seen play; video would be minimum required--hard for me to just believe someone is good because they tell me so.

Everyone else should have some fun and make up their own Pichu PR list.
My top would go like this,

KoreanDJ/Chudat (Not sure)
NGCXX (He knows everything there is to know about pichu but haven't seen to much vids)
T0mmy (I really wish I could see you play NGC :p)

I haven't see any new videos of Delphiki's pichu, only old ones posted in the video thread so I can't put him yet. Once people start posting mroe vids we can get more accurate information.

Have no idea who takes first KDJ or Chu.. they're both amazing O_O.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good idea. Shame I have only 2 recent pichu vids up ;_;

Anyway, it's exactly like T0MMY says. KDJ and Chu are better players in general, but we are better Pichu players. Probably :p

If I were to make a Pichu PR list, it would look something like this:

- T0MMY/KDJ
- Chu
And I don't know the rest.

Why Chu as a third? Because he gets way more credit than he deserves.
And why I didn't put myself on the list? Same reason as T0MMY.

T0MMY

Smash Master
NGCXX, we should do an online Pichu ditto match.
Then we should get Chu and KDJ together and have a Four-for-All ;^)

shoe

Smash Ace
I only know NGCXX, and I know his Pichu is good. I can't make any comparisions to all of the US players, and I don't think it is possible to judge NGCXX on vids, so really, global rankings are impossible, unless you Pichu guys fly over here =p

robyextreme

Smash Ace
I only know NGCXX, and I know his Pichu is good. I can't make any comparisions to all of the US players, and I don't think it is possible to judge NGCXX on vids, so really, global rankings are impossible, unless you Pichu guys fly over here =p
Perhaps if you guys ever host a big tournament over the summer or something. :)

Delphiki

Smash Champion
The problem with ranking by tourny placing is that most people don't play Pichu in tournaments. I do play him in Low Tier, but even then I know that I can perform better with other characters and it takes some willpower to stick to him. Vids or firsthand experience are the only way to judge.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
shoe: I totally agree that judging on vids is a very unaccurate way of judging someone at all.

Unfortunately Delphiki is right, vids and firsthand experience are the only sources we have. =(

As for big tournament in summer, RoS4 and AFC4 ^^

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
The problem with ranking by tourny placing is that most people don't play Pichu in tournaments. I do play him in Low Tier, but even then I know that I can perform better with other characters and it takes some willpower to stick to him. Vids or firsthand experience are the only way to judge.
Then we should base the ranking on videos and first-hand experience rather than tournament placing.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I think instead of having only the top 5 players for pichu, we should have, in order from best to worst, a complete pichu ranking for all pichu players that have either been to a tournament or at least have a video.

Also, if you want the top 5 then click this link: http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=smash&message.id=630625
There's plenty to dispute over that list. And not just with the Pichu players. The only reason NGCXX is on that list is because I complained to them they didn't know what they were doing with the Pichu players. KDJ isn't even listed even though Chu is.

Simply put, take that listing with a grain of salt.

As for this big summer Swedish Pichu tournament... any Smash Grants to get me over there? I can't afford to travel to Sweden, but I'd go if I had the means.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I will donate one or both oars to get t0mmy to Sweden. ha ha ha.

Judging low-tiers based on tournament rankings made me lol.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Anyone for a power ranking of all the players? Just base things on first-hand experience and video of other people who don't have first hand experience.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Basing opinion on videos and what first-hand experience we've had with other players is all we've got.

Not to sound smug, but I demonstrated most of the advanced techniques Pichu can do in video first when I released the information in my Pichu guide. That doesn't show how good I am as a player, but definitely earns me points in style :cool:

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
We might as well make a basic list for now and can change the list when ever we need to. It won't be perfect but it is something i would be interested.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I should put some better videos of me online.
Too bad I probably won't be able to make it to SF:E this weekend when I was planning on doing a lot of recording of my Pichu vs all of Oregon.

I would have made an actual list of people, but not very many people made a list of their favorite Pichu players. :^p

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
I'll get some videos on Saturday theres a tournament coming up. I'll try to get one againts Forward or Silent wolf =|
Ok, i probably won't have a list done for a while so i hope to see some video soon.

I should put some better videos of me online.
Too bad I probably won't be able to make it to SF:E this weekend when I was planning on doing a lot of recording of my Pichu vs all of Oregon.

I would have made an actual list of people, but not very many people made a list of their favorite Pichu players. :^p
Take your time and get some of your best matches up. I have lots of time and am willing to wait.

I beat chu in a pichu ditto.
I need evidence before you start declaring things like that:ohwell:

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Ok, these are the people who are currently going to be put on the Ranking list:

Tommy
KDJ
Sinz
ChuDat
Flan
Robyextreme
NGCXX
Delphiki
Iori
Yazi
Araknafobic

If you are not on the list and want to be on, send me a link for a video of yours or have someone on the list vouch for you. Minimum 2 videos.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I was being sarcastic about beating him but I brought him down to one stock. However, I can get vids of my pichu, it is best one in the state, and beats most people.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
'Best Pichu in the state' isn't much of an accomplishment. I'm almost unchallenged for that title in CA. 0_o

Btw Flan is that list in any sort of order?

I'll make a list I guess. I'll find the top 10 and order them. With at least 4-5 respected and explained opinions we can have something.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
'Best Pichu in the state' isn't much of an accomplishment. I'm almost unchallenged for that title in CA. 0_o

Btw Flan is that list in any sort of order?

I'll make a list I guess. I'll find the top 10 and order them. With at least 4-5 respected and explained opinions we can have something.
The list is in no such order yet. You might as well make a list to and then we can compare the lists and make a final list.

The only good accomplishment for pichu is best in the world or at least in the country.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Lol after getting ***** entirely by forward/silent wolf I don't even think you should consider me on this PR.

Ah well pichu was fun for a while.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Lol after getting ***** entirely by forward/silent wolf I don't even think you should consider me on this PR.

Ah well pichu was fun for a while.
What characters were you playing against? Pichu get ***** by everyone! Everyone has a spot on this list! You just might not be rated as high.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
UFO: I've beaten Chu in dittos, more than once. Of course it depends on your def. of beaten, because he always pauses and resets before he dies, the *******, LoL. The only proof I could think to give you is to ask him. All in all though, it's really not a HUGE accomplishment. Like you guys said, being somewhat new to the char, his metagame still needs improvement. And how would/could someone "challenge" you for the title, Delphiki? SOS talks about his Pichu all the time, and everyone down here says it's good as well, but I've never seen it, so w/e. I saw you at the last UCLA tourny and wanted to play you bad; sorry I missed you. You gonna be at the next one? If so, we'll def get some matches in then, Pichu battles or other-wise...

Top Bottom