• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu (Guru) VS Jiggs (HBox) on Battlefield

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
The outcome of this? Who can say, I have yet to enter Apex, though I certainly have plans. Anyways, in this particular setup, who has the advantage here, considering the way these two players do battle and also considering specific character advantages?

gpbear4

Smash Rookie
NNID
gpbear4
3DS FC
2552-0615-4917
i wanna see this!! :D :D i like hbox but im still routing for you >~<

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
I've been doing studies, and it looks like, if they were to fight on battlefield, Pichu has many advantages over Jiggs. The question is: who's keeping who airborne? That's the whole challenge. Wall of Pain V.S. Uair of Ultimate Superiority.

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
If you can't initiate WoP then it's not all that effective. Pichu is a lot faster in the air.

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've fought a couple pros. One of them uses Jigglypuff, so that's how I know. Also, sorry about the whole DACUS thing. I guess it's hard to tell if people are messing with you.

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've fought a couple pros. One of them uses Jigglypuff, so that's how I know. Also, sorry about the whole DACUS thing. I guess it's hard to tell if people are messing with you.
I was more concerned for the new player you were telling to learn dacus.. but yea. Who was the pro you played?

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember his tag.....I'll have to ask him if he shows up to my tourney tomorrow. He's not really popular or anything, just in the ranks. I beat him as Roy last I saw him. :p

D

Deleted member

Do you live in Texas? It would be a ****ing blast to play a Pichu main :)

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
might have heart but You need eyes to play.

i know how bad the midwest is, so i,m going to assume YOu don't know how to play Pichu.

know YOu can live from fox's up-smash at 150% fd

side-B kills puff dl64 at 25%

fox chain throw 30%-90% if they di and shine out. lower than 30% just b-throw tech chase till then jc grab is must, wl regrabs on platforms don't think YOu're too far or they are bethind You while grabbing your backwards range is huge like no di just turn around regrab, it works mess with extremes of both sides of YOur grab easy to grab people crossing You up.

YOu can wall fox out with offense his nair range is shorter than YOu're so YOu have better if YOu time nair for the disjointed part beats it. But his bair/up-tilt stops all. empties are amazing.

honestly annoyed all sa about

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
I hate how people assume I'm bad just because I like using Pichu. Especially just based on where I'm from. So biased. Thanks anyway for the advice, though little was needed. (The title was just a lure to get people to spill out strategies for me. I'm tricky like that. :p)

link2702

Smash Champion
:facepalm: ugh.....look really pichu guru drop the charade and just admit you don't know much about smash competitively. You're trying waaaaaaaay to hard to pretend like you're experienced at the game at a competitive level when you're not. Like i told you before in PM, people will be far more willing to help you learn and get better if you're just honest....acting as a know-it-all when you're still a beginner competitively just annoys everyone because they can see all the flaws in your posts and claims quite easily....

..and it can come back to haunt you later on when you do go to an actual real tournament....

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
You claim I don't know much, yet you don't even know me. I may not have gone to a major tournament yet, but I play very well, just believe me for once. I take back my stupid little title, ok? Sheesh. Go bother someone else.

link2702

Smash Champion
._.; calm down dude....I'm just saying your going about things the wrong way...

its nothing to do with what you're calling yourself, no one cares if you like the name pichu guru....its your posts themselves that are drawing all the doubt of you. Every one of them has information that is either flat out wrong, or heavily inaccurate. The people here aren't dumb, they can see through the lines and spot someone who's inexperienced. There isn't any shame in admitting you've not yet played melee or smash in general at a competitive level. The community loves finding new players who are interested in smash competitively, but they don't like people who try to hard and pretend they're better than they are.

Now look, if you want to get better using pichu, and go to some tournaments, there are plenty of people here that will be willing to help you, but you need to show a bit more honesty. Ask one of the pichu mains here to help guide you starting out, but don't keep pretending like you know everything yourself, otherwise no one will help you, and you'll end up being humiliated at your first tournament.

EDIT: now look, try asking on the pichu social and general discussion thread if any of them there can give you some advice/tips in pm, or if any are near where you live, actually be willing to help train you.

EDIT2: read this, its right at the top of the page, it'll help you get started. Do really read up on it....

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-guide-to-pichu-mastery-update-5-30-07.74226/

Last edited:

gpbear4

Smash Rookie
NNID
gpbear4
3DS FC
2552-0615-4917
i thought the title was just for fun >_< like to be funny

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I'm just gonna say, I don't know how good or bad you are, but I don't think you have enough experience, and it's kind of obvious to those of us who have been around for awhile.
Being unexperienced doesn't mean you can't try to improve, but you honestly just have not been around long enough to be handling a top player like hbox.
I've played people like hbox, mango, and m2k. And a large number of lesser top players like the moon, chu dat, etc.
As good as my pichu may be, and it's pretty high up there as far as Pichus go, it would have no chance against those top players (at least, their mains). My ICs still get crapped on pretty hard by most of them.

Also, I'm just gonna say, if you picked pichu against juan, he'd go ness, not puff. And ness puts pichu in the dumpster pretty hardcore.

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
i,ve played simma i choked hard but i took two stocks, without knowing anything.

that said no one "from" the midwest is honestly good enough to take h-box down to his last stock in a serious match

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Simna is great and knows a lot about ness, but Hbox's ness is better solely because he is a far better player.

Top Bottom