• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu fans of the world...

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
This may be your last stand.

<a href="http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72642">Word is</a> that over in Japanese-land, where the grass is at least five to seven shades greener, dogs talk to humans, and Smash Bros. Dojo is routinely updated, Sakurai himself has confirmed that not all Melee characters will make the cut for SSBB:
<blockquote>Sorry. I’m not very smart but I can’t tell a lie so I’m just going to write it.
As for the previous game’s characters, some of them will disappear. Definitely.</blockquote>
Game & Watch fans, I wouldn’t get my hopes up either.

Granted, I’m singling those two characters out for no apparent reason. There’s no reason to suspect that all clones will be removed, especially since it seems that some clones may be branched out a bit and “declonized,” or something like that. Either way it’s a bit disheartening to know that you may not be able to play some of your favorite characters (or least favorite) when the next Smash Bros. comes out. But so long as we know it’s going to happen, who’d you prefer to see get the boot?

R

Richard

They should take out Pichu, that character was a waste of space.

T

TK

My favourite character was Falco… He was just so much cooler than fox :S. But I was expecting this, and I think it’s a good desicion. :D

RTRM

Smash Apprentice
Alameda, California (Right next to Oakland)
I think Pichu and and G&amp;W Will not be included in Brawl. They’re not very popular characters at all. You could also make the argument the Roy won’t make it either, seeing as Marth is overwhelmingly more frequently used.

I think it comes down to a Popularity contest. Who honestly loved Pichu and G&amp;W THAT much? SSB is genious for having Nintendos BELOVED Characters kick the crap out of eachother (Okay, so Ness wasn’t as beloved as some). I hope Young Link stays in as well. As much as I love Link and LOZ, YLink was such a pimp, I would be very sad if they took im out. They could of course make him Cell Shaded “Wind Waker-esque” and that would be very cool.

J

Jeff Ladd

I don’t care who they take out, just not the Ice Bros. They are my favorite characters!

L

lucasa78

it is disappointing that they wont have all the characters. but if they are going to they might as well take out pichu, cause who really wants to play as a weak pikachu that hurts himself with his own attacks? and i would suggest to take out the overused characters (you know who they are), but i am sure that they will get nerfed in brawl and be replaced by some other characters. other than that i don’t see any reason for removing characters. G&amp;W is a classic icon, i don’t think that they would remove him… and there is always the possibility that they would release more characters online…

and i certainly wouldn’t mind de-clonification of the clone characters…

H

H Hog

Dr. Mario SEVERELY needs the boot. As does Pichu.
I hope they keep Ganondorf, though. He plays SO much differently then Cap Falcon does.

C

CyberWolf10

Oye.

Well, I guess I’ll go with Pichu being removed, then. I’m not really sure about any of the others. &gt;_

Montana_Maroc

Smash Rookie
I’m off the opinion that they should remove pichu…mr.game and watch…these silly ice climbers….and such useless characters as doctor mario….I love to play with Ness and I don’t know why the hell there are some jerks who don’t like him. As far as the europeans are concerned I can say that at first Ness seemed to be a little bit foreign to the them cause “Earthbound” was never released there, but once played with Ness and his “PK” power you can’t quit anymore! One reason for Ness’ unpopularity in SSBM could be for example the decrease of his “PK thunder” …that has been conducted by NINTENDO……all in all I have to say: remove every character you want to except of NESS!!!!!!

D

Dark Link

why do you guys hate Dr.Mario anyway I think he is a good character it depends on how good you are at the character not how bad how character is

F

falcogreen

i agree with Dark Link why are u people such dr.mario haters i dont know about pichu he is okay and one character i would not what to see out would be falco his my favorite G&amp;W screw him he is a waste link nice youngL eh.

kafeithekeaton

Smash Rookie
I say they’re definatly removing Dr. Mario and Young Link. Pichu they might, but I believe it has a huge Japanese fanbase.

They aren’t removing Roy. Some fanboys would commit suicide over it.

M

Montana_Maroc

IIIII AMMM TOTALLYYY SEERRIIOOUUSS !!!! IF TTHHHEEEYYY REMOOOVVEE NEEESSSS I’MMM GOOOONNAAAAAA DDDDDIIIIEEEEEE…….lol

I

im

It’s sad that not all the previous characters will be in it. But I hope they keep all the original characters from N64’s SSB, because those are classic and main characters who are easy to play as. Anyway, Pichu is my second favorite, so it’s okay if he’s not going to be there….but I hope he is there. They can get rid of Ganondorf or Falco, especially Dr. Mario, he’s no use. Anyway, yeah, they should only get rid of clones….or some of clones.

B

Brawler17

I don’t care about Pichu. Take him/her/it OUT! Bring in Oni-Link!

T

TK

This is what I see as a lineup:

Trailer:

Mario (confimed)
Kirby (confirmed)
Link (confirmed)
Pikachu (confirmed)
Metaknight (confirmed)
Pit (confirmed)
Samus (confirmed)
Wario (confirmed)
Snake (confirmed)

Past Games:

Luigi
Bowser
Peach
DK
Yoshi
Fox
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff

Third Party:

Geno
Sonic
Crash Bandicoot
Megaman

Others:

[New Pokemon]
[Fire Emblem Wii Character]
[New Franchise Character]

And obviously, Nintendo are going to throw in a few surprises (I still remember saying “What’s a Marth?”)

S

Shadow Mario

If you are going to say put Crash Bandicoot in the game then you must put Spyro the Dragon in too I like it when he burns the characters with his flame he was in some gamecube games too the same goes for Crash Bandicoot

C

cp_lu

The key icon characters, such as mario, dk, kirby, pikachu, link, and fox are of course going to stay. and if they keep falco, theyre most likely gonna make him weak and fix him… so he’ll be useless anyway. im doubting zeldas return since zero suit sam is gonna be so quick an dwhat not.

pichu should go, and maybe G&amp;W, but the iceclimbers are way too awesome, and the same goes for young link.

also Dr. Mario pwns, proving that clones have their right, and while being similar can be different in strength, and speed making them completely different, and sometimes better characters(like in dr. marios case, i mean come on he’s got a degree…)

G

Geoff

Pichu shouldn’t be taken out… My best friend is an expert with the little guy, and can beat almost everyone else that I know, despite the fact that they use stronger characters.

C

crippledelbow

dont kill off doc, i beat event no. 51 with him on my first try. pichu dies too quickly, and g/w is a joke. young link is awesome, i’d like to see ganondork gone. i’d love it if Petey Phiranha came. but for crash, etc, that would ruin it. no spyro crash losers. They need ness! he is good. ice climbers too. i hate stupid fox/falco. bowser is too fun to destroy. i hate cpt. fal. he sucks

My fav. characters are(from most to least fav.)

kirby
ness
peach
dk
doctor

Least fav char (most hated to least hated)

cpt fal
ganondorf
g/w
pichu
samus

S

Shadow Mario

I like Kirby too he is my best character the same goes for Dr. Mario, Roy, and Samus too I guess

A

A angry poster

Why don’t they just keep all the characters?
It is just so stupid to take them out
The boards and these blogs have been turned into space animal happy n00bs

S

Shadow Mario

they should just take out Pichu and thats it you guys agree with me don’t you because Pichu hurts himself when he use his lighting attacks and stuff like that?

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I think they need to keep Roy. He is my favorite and best character. They also need to keep Pichu because if you just try to use him you learn to overcome the disadvantage of damage. Me and my friend we can beat any team and we dont even have to use our best characters. In all I definitly think Pichu, Roy, and Marth should all be in SSBB.

S

Shadow Mario

you are right about Roy they should keep him because I like him and maybe Pichu too now that I think about it

S

Shadow Mario

I agree with A angry poster they should keep all of the characters now

S

Shadow Mario

they should not take Mr. Game and Watch out ether I kind of like him too

K

King.K.Rool

Wow, did someone just ask who’s Geno? They should be smacked and banned from all nintendo -.- Duh Geno is from Mario RPG for the snes, one of the greater games for that system. I would LOVE to see King.K.Rool from donkey kong get added. He would be a pretty cool character to play as depending on how he’s made. Geno would be another good one, or someone else from Mario RPG, such as Mallow. As for getting rid of someone… get rid of all the clones…

M

Montana_Maroc

I just wanna say that you can’t avoid Nintendos plan. If big Shigeru want’s some characters to be erased…then you have to accept it ; no doubt ! ……….. you can just hope that they think before they handle this situation:
I mean, why shouldn’t they do it like the NAMCO crew in TEKKEN ?? Everytime when they removed a caracter they replaced this character with a better one. But this character was still using the same style of fighting (WHOARANG exchanges BAEK)…with this approach they improve the game without hurting any feelings of fans………that’s all

M

Mariorlando

DON’T TAKE ANYBODY OUT FROM THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM i don’t care about anybody else!

H

hmm...

I have a feeling that they will either “declone” any of the clone characters or remove them completely. No offense to specific character fans, but I don’t think they will keep clone characters so similar to originals, such as Falco, Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link. I think Ganandorf might be changed and probably only one of the Fire Emblem guys kept. As for non-clone characters, I think Ice Climbers, Game &amp; Watch, Mewtwo, and maybe even Jigglypuff or Ness could be removed. Most of the originals I don’t know what ways they could change them from Melee.

R

Rhyme

these are the characters from melee that should stay in the game…

-mario
-luigi
-bowser(only cuz he’s a cool villan)
-peach
-yoshi(only if they give him a third jump)
-DK(cuz he’s a good character, but i still HATE him)
-CF
-falco
-fox
-ice climbers
-kirby
-samus
-link
-shiek(even though shes too widely overplayed, good character)
-pikachu
-jiggs
-marth

all the rest should be taken out because they are not widely used, and few if any smashers are good with them
(the only exception might be mewtew. although he was arguably the worst character in the game, he was so much fun to use)

and any new characters they throw in would be appreciated

P

Pichu's biggest Fan

As my name states I don’t think a character like Pichu should be removed. In fact I don’t think any character should be removed, because even though they are clones, when you get into the technicalities of how they are played they are incredible different from their counterparts. I think if you made the changes in character more obvious it would be enjoyable, but to think that some characters would be gone forever is too much. I know people who play roy’s better than many marth players, and zeldas better than Sheiks (hard to imagine I know ^_^), and of course PICHUS better than Pikachus. Furthermore for characters like G&amp;W talk to dire vulcan about his use, and for ICs talk to ChuDat, and for Falco talk to P.C. Chris, and for… you get the point. And they are only some of the best amongs the many that use those characters like crazy. I don’t see what would be so wrong about just adding characters, I mean they’re already made, just change them a bit and tweak them, push the Wii to its limits!

T

The Mario fan Boy

I think they should get rid of pich, Dr.Mario (put him as a Mario costume), Mr G&amp;W and Y.Link (Only because he is Link;I mean come on it doesn’t make sense). They should keep everybody else and add Koopas and Paratroopas because they were my faves in Mario Kart Double Dash!!

T

The Mario fan Boy

They should “declone” the clones a bit, but I don’t really mind them unless they are way better than the originals I also think they should tone down certain characters like Sheik, Peach, C.Falcon and upgrade characters like Mario, Bowser, Ness, Roy, Link and Kirby

F

Fieran Eliwoood Killdeman

Boot Dr. Mario, Ganondorf or Captain Falcon (Not both.), GandW, and Pikachu.

Top Bottom