• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu fans of the world...

T

The Mario fan Boy

Why kick out Pikachu what’s wrong with him. Besides it’s been proven that he’s gonna be on Brawl so it’s too late to get yor hopes up. Now Pichu on the other hand shouldn’t have been there to begin with.

LatinoHeat31

Smash Rookie
I think that they should get rid of all the clones in the game(maybe leave the doc cause im really good with him and mario. Got 2nd place in a tournament with the doc ^_^)or at least declone them.They are gonna remove some characters anyways.It is very doubtfull that they are gonna have a roster of over 40 characters.As for the 3rd party characters they should include Sonic(imagine his Super Move!!) ,Megaman,Geno(classic mario character)and a character that nobody would expect.I heard that Sora from Kingdom Hearts is on the consideration list so he could be a possibility.I just hope that they have a level from the third party character’s game.

pac-master

Smash Rookie
pichu=gone
jigllypuff=gone
marth=gone(roy was better)
they better keep mr.game and watch, he was awesome, however, if they HAVE to get rid off some characters, they should start with pokemon, nobody uses them anyway, no one will miss them.

J

JG

any character from the original ssb will not b taken out. thats for sure. im 150% sure gannon will b in the next game because he is link’s rival, and has been around for years, so he isn’t going anywhere. pichu will b taken out, dr. mario will probably will. Zelda/shiek will b in the game no matter there is no way they r going to take them out. Ice climbers will probably b taken out. falco is going staying in the game

T

TKDlero

Here’s my opinion.
These are the useful characters that actually have a chance of competing (left to right, up to down from the char select):

Dr. Mario, Peach, Captain Falcon, Falco, Fox, Samus, Sheik, Jigglypuff and Marth.

Maybe (not sure): Luigi and Ice Climbers (I’ve seen; ‘em kick ass though).

And the middle characters that can win with some effort:
Ganondorf, Link. I may be missing someone on some list.

What about the rest? They’re from average to horrible. They can’t expect to beat a Marth or Fox.

My opinion was originally that they should fix the low tier characters for the next Smash Bros installment, so they ALL have a standing chance, and anyone can like any character.
There wasn’t even any need to add or remove characters if they did this. I can only hope that they make every character as good as the others (of course they all play differently) so there’s more variety (It’s online! There should be) in the SSBB game.

M

me

most people suck with ice climbers but i rock with them luigi well his tant does do 1%

T

tommy

what the heck is wrong with these people why cant they have29 people

S

Shadow Mario

No I don’t hate Dr. Mario I like him he is one of my best characters if you ask me Dr. Mario is better than Mario because his attacks are more powerful than Mario’s attacks

A

Andy

i hope they keep ganodorf, he was my fave character. i didn’t really like c. falcon.

get rid of pichu please!! i didn’t care for ness either. i hope they keep the ice climbers.

S

Shadow Mario

I know this might sound silly but I had a dream about the new smash bros last night and I saw all the characters in there but pichu lol

G

Garzahd

Get rid of Jiggly Puff that thing is so ******* annoying I don’t know why it was even included in the game in the first place. It was even a joke in it’s own game.

J

JaredArbizu The Wise

Clones have their purpose. They are different from their originals in such a way that one might be able to play much better with the clone than the original. There are many things that clones are good for. It would be nice if they would make the new game where the clones actually have thier own moves… but they are good to keep no matter what they do with them.

I, personally, did not like pichu at all. I thought that he was a weak rip off of Pikachu who damaged himself with many of his attacks, which made trying to survive even worse. I did like all of the other clones, like Young Link, and Ganondorf was fun to fight. I find that most people who hate him just suck at playing him and suck at fighting him. I also liked Roy. Much better than Marth, in fact. Me and my cousin do much better with him than with Marth. Dr. Mario wasn’t that good, I thought, and Mr. Game and Watch was horrible for me. However, there may be many big fans and people who are good with these characters, so I say that they should keep all of the characters. I guess they could get rid of a few.

I wouldn’t care about whatever they do. I wouldn’t really like them to get rid of Ganondorf, Young Link, etc. but they can do whatever they want. I would still like the new game no matter what. I’ve seen the trailer, and it is enough to make me want to by a Revolution…. oh sorry… a “Wii” (what a damn stupid name) just for that single game.

S

SOLAR

You can expect there to be no Young Link, Pichu, Doctor Mario, and Roy. The other clones are unique enough so that I’d expect to see them.

D

Danny

DO NOT GET RID OF GANNONDORF!!!!!!! Although i love playing as him, it would be nice if he was switched from a clone to an original character. who would eva want 2 b modelled afta C.F? Id love 2 see his sword involved in the gameplay causes hes nothing w/out it.

Montana_Maroc

Smash Rookie
Hey what the f*** u thinkin ‘ he??

Why should they remove NESS god damn it ?
He’s one of the key characters…and u all just hate him cause you’ve been beaten by him so often….or because u can’t handle his power…

I don’t now where you come from but I live in Germany
(only born and raised there …originally from Morocco)

do you know what that means??

I didn’t know what “Earthbound” is when they came up with Ness in SSB64 cause this game wasn’t released here
but never the less he’s my ultimate character !!

and there’s nobody….yeah I say it again….nobody who’s able to beat me when I take this character.

So if u want me to sleep well at night … stop f****** criticizing my favorite character ok?

Just thinnk for a sec.:
He’s there since ssb64…….they would be foolish to remove him….in concideration of his fans who have become more and more …….

S

Shadow Mario

my friend like german stuff what is it like to live there?

M

Mathew

Actualy, I hope none of them get the boot.
I don’t know whay G&W is going but I can see pichu go.
Blaziken might take his place, he seems cool enough.

S

Stickeru

…… As one of the true Smash Brother players, one of the people who will lose a friend of 10 years because they don’t play Smash Brothers anymore, one of the people who would skip prom to participate in a Smash Brothers tournament, one of the people who are a hardcore Nintendo fan and love seeing those beloved icons run around shooting and smashing each other as they would the enimies in their own games, one of the people who play for hours each day leaving their thumbs aching for days to come and still aren’t tired, one of the people who worship the fawkin game……I have something to say…..STFU! :]

All the people that flame a certain character and say that they should be taken out are the people who are only good enough to play with one character ( a sword character no doubt). And “i like him he cooolz lol” is not a good reason for a character to be left out or put in for that matter. “No one plays with these characters,” Oh I’m sorry….I didn’t know that you had traveled across the world playing Smash Brothers with everyone who owned the game. Think outside of your own tiny little worlds of your bedroom. There are people who can rip through any self proclaimed champion with Pichu, Mewtwo, JigglyPuff, and DEFINATELY Mr. G&W. If you think that you are the number one Smash Brothers player, just step outside of your house, some 5 year old girl will rip you in half like you’re a level 1 computer with one of those “cutsey stoopid pokeman characters.” For all you people that think like that, I have a tip for you: Stop playing Smash Brothers, it is what it is. It’s original, it’s not Tekken, It’s not Mortal Combat, it’s not Soul Caliber, if you want to play a fighting game with kicks, punches, and sword swings dished out by humanoid characters, then go play one of those button mashers, stop destroying something beautiful, leave Nintendo alone. Is nothing sacred…?

343 Words. Enjoy? :]

A

Angel

I agree with Stick. I do proclaim myself to be one of Houston’s greatest Smash Bros. players due to the fact I always in the finals of tournaments that I’ve ever been in. I play with just about every character on this game, just depends upon who I’m facing. I’ve learned to master all techniques (wavedashing,wavedancing, etc.) The point of me posting is that no one should say who’s “worth” being in this game. If it were up to me, i would have everyone plus new characters. If you don’t think a certain character is good or think they are weak, then this is my challenge to you. Come to Houston, Tx. look me up (aim:gangelwings727, yahoo:angelwings727) and I’ll be glad to show you the true power of each character. Have a nice day.

-Angel-

S

Stickeru

Dear Miyamoto,

Miyamoto….you’re losing fans….I know you stalk me, that’s why I know about your games before they come out….because you hear me talk about them and you make them. :[ I love you Miyamoto…don’t take out characters… :[

I love you, signed
Crying Emo Boy.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
PICHU IS WICKED!!! Anyone who says otherwise or says that he is weak YOU ARE WRONG!!! YOU ARE JUST TOO RUBBISH TO USE HIM! Pichu is a delicate character, one with speed and power, but with the obvious drawback of damaging itself with electric attacks. I can own even some of the pros out there with pichu, with his fast dodges, and pretty good grabs.

People have to learn how to use pichu properly, for example floating sideways through the air and then doing the Down+B move so that the thunder does not hit you, just the enmy below you. And Pichu’s recovery is in the top 5 in the game, so HAH.

Just because YOU can’t use him, doesn’t mean he is weak.

G

greenchocofoxx

I agree with Stick and Angel, too.

Even though I’m good at using some sword characters (I’m best at using Bowser, DK, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Ganandorf, Roy, Marth and Young Link), other sword players shouldn’t flame another/non-sword characters because they can’t play them. That’s just a f***ing stupid and idiotic reason to say why they shouldn’t be on the new SSB game.

M

Majoras

these are the ones i think should be removed
pichu——— of course
roy———— since marth already is more useful

falco? maybe is gonna be declonized
dr mario? man he is good even better than mario or maybe they are
putting into mario some doc techniques and put out dr mario

with 4 out is more than enough, that makes it 20 and maybe theyll add other 10 or 15 or other 20 but more than 40 is doubtful becuause then they would put more bad characthers, like wario already looking as a waste of character, but pit and metan already looking good.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Pichu will probably be removed simply because he really shouldn’t have been in Melee to begin with. G&W and Ice Climbers were also pretty obscure characters to be added to Smash as well, but I can see Ice Climbers staying because the two character thing they have going on is a unique trait in smash. Doc may also get the boot, or at least a re-done set of moves, simply because he doesn’t play all that differently from Mario, especially when you compare this difference to other clone playstyles and their differences from their respective origin character.

As long as Falco stays the same, I’m fine >_>

Top Bottom