• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Photoshopped Characters

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
I liked the Birdo one, and most of the individual character pictures. The roster selection screens are rather poor, but oh well.

And at Bane's Link / Young Link picture, it's very well done, I'll give you that, but there's one tiny little fact that you're forgetting....
CARTOONY/ CEL-SHADED LINK IS THE "OFFICIAL" LOOK OF YOUNG LINK.

Other than that, it's pretty cool.
i kinda prefer the photoshoped young link over ww link. although ww link would make more sense

Bane

Smash Journeyman
And at Bane's Link / Young Link picture, it's very well done, I'll give you that, but there's one tiny little fact that you're forgetting....
CARTOONY/ CEL-SHADED LINK IS THE "OFFICIAL" LOOK OF YOUNG LINK.

Other than that, it's pretty cool.
It's the latest, sure... But so far all of the Brawl characters have fallen into a similar artistic style, (sure, there was game and watch but an aura of awesomeness around G&W bends reality into chaos and allows his inclusion to fit in a wierd sort of way...) and while it's possible they make the Cel Shaded version with some sleek shading and a bit more fluidity and speed then in his actual game(s) (I liked Cel-shaded Y. Link in his cel-shaded game mind you, and I don't think it was the wrong choice for the game, but if he's the right fit for Brawl is debatable). Young Link was in Melee as Link's more nimble counterpart; and with Link looking a touch nimbler then he did in Melee I'm not sure that that's a niche that WW Link can fill (does that huge head and those stubby limbs scream nimble to you?). Despite all that, I doubt a Y. Link like mine will get in Brawl, it'll probably be WW or nothing; mines just a glimpse of how awesome a remix of the original (True) Y. Link would be... Also the shield decoration is taken from Windwaker's if you look at it. So I'm not just ignoring the series completely.

i kinda prefer the photoshopped young link over ww link. although ww link would make more sense
Thanks.

To make another pic that will never come true (in all likelyhood)...

...EarthwormJim ForTheWin!

Bane

Smash Journeyman
not that guy....
he's too dumb for brawl no offence
None taken, that's why I said it would never happen, he's perhaps the most random third party character that hasn't had a new nindendo game in years, however, he's hilarious. I'm not all that interested in creating an artwork that'll be up better on the site tommorow, I'd rather take an obscure, out of date character and see what it would be like thrust into modern day.

If you want to see a possible update, I'm going to take a stab at Geno tommorow...

Bane

Smash Journeyman

I had intended on doing something a tad more ambitious, but I have to run, so I'll leave you with this for today...

tmanneopets

Smash Cadet
Well, not to be Mr. Obvious, but like stupid. Wow, I really do sound obvious... Anyway... awesome photoshops, these could be pulled off as actual updates. i wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow, I saw one of the characters with the same exact update.

IllidR

Smash Champion
yea he is gay (in a non homosexual way), he would take a 3rd party spot and i want sonic and megaman to take the last 2
First of all Geno is a great character, and in the event he does make it into Brawl, I would not be in the least bit upset. Secondly, that statement doesn't even make sense. You can't say "i ate (in a non eating way) an apple today." You're just trying to not be offensive to people but are actually being even MORE offensive. And in the case that you don't know any other words that would fit there, try a thesaurus.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Geno kicks ***, and although he isn't owned by Nintendo, he hasn't appeared in a non-NIntendo system, so I kind of consider him 1/3 Party. He looks great though. I photoshop too. What filters and shading effects did you use?

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
you've never said anything was gay or called someone a ***got in a non-homosexual way

i apologize if i offended you
Is that supposed to be a question? It lacks a vital piece of punctuation known as the question mark.

If you don't want to offend people then why do you continue to be offensive by using the word that I bolded above.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
Geno over sonic and megaman i think not.

some words have double meanings for example f@g can also mean cigarette

anyway lets switch the topic this is Photoshopped Characters thread not a "lets argue on how you can use this word" thread before this thread gets closed

again i apologize if i offended

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Geno over sonic and megaman i think not.

some words have double meanings for example f@g can also mean cigarette
That was clearly not the meaning that you intended. You were talking about calling some one that, and you don't call some one a cigarette. I already pointed out that the word is offensive yet you continue to use it.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Oh come on, what he means with "gay in a no-homosexual way" is that he's using gay as an insult withouth saying that Geno is homosexual, get it?

Now carry on.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Oh come on, what he means with "gay in a no-homosexual way" is that he's using gay as an insult withouth saying that Geno is homosexual, get it?

Now carry on.
And you don't think it's offensive to use "gay" as an insult? Anyway, you're right let's not get off-topic anymore... moving on...

IllidR

Smash Champion

Now carry on.
We know what he means but he needs to be corrected that you can't associate a word used to describe a certain faction of people with an insult. That is how prejudice is born. Say he replaced gay in his sentence with a nationality such as "Mexican, American, Indian" would it still be alright. If he wants to insult someone he should try a thesaurus I'm sure he could find plenty of other words to use rather than gay because it's wrong.

Anyway, keep the photoshops coming, I love some of the work you guys post.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
ok so then to get BACK ON TOPIC

could someone make a blue PT? like any part thats red make blue. im to poor for photoshop...

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace

Now carry on.
thank you for understanding i may even join the vampires but thats not a promised

but i have learned something today, i shouldnt discriminate the gays its not their fault that they are gay. I also shouldnt discriminate against another group of people.

btw does this include fat people??

Xanderous

Smash Lord
They're all very, very good. Anyone complaining has never touched PS and has no idea what difficulty you went through. They're great.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
but i have learned something today, i shouldnt discriminate the gays its not their fault that they are gay. I also shouldnt discriminate against another group of people.

btw does this include fat people??
Are you kidding me? You're treating homosexuality as if it's a disease. There's nothing wrong with being a homosexual. And no, you shouldn't discriminate against anyone. That includes all groups of people and yes that does include fat people. You may disagree with their generally unhealthy lifestyle choice, but it isn't always their choice. Sometimes it's hereditary. Just stop talking about anything other than Brawl before you make any more extremely offensive and prejudice comments. If you'll stop, then let's get back on topic...

They're all very, very good. Anyone complaining has never touched PS and has no idea what difficulty you went through. They're great.
I agree Xanderous, it's very hard to fully appreciate the work that went into the pics in this thread unless you've actually used photoshop.

Top Bottom