• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

Vote Count:

Riddle (2) - Gheb, SwordsRbroken
Pierre (1) - Cacti

With 10 alive it takes a vote of 6 to lynch!

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
hey pierre. why mentos over kevin. Mentos claims an investagative role, kevin claims a overwifomed vanilla townie. If we were to lynch one, why should we pick Kevin?
I don't really understand this. Kevin claims doctor. I don't really feel like we should lynch either.

I wish Marshy would let me know what he is thinking. His 3 posts this Day have been about nothing.

I hope you plan on explaining your vote, Cacti.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unvote

I'm OK with lynching either Pierre the Scumcrow or Riddle toDay. Pierre never really responded to the accusation of him coasting and parroting Circus the whole D2. His response was that he "proxied" his vote to Circus which is a perfect excuse for a scumbag to not take a stance on anything and look credible in case Circus flips town (which he'd only know for sure if he was mafia). He keeps calling Circus a "confirmed" townie but there was no way for Pierre to actually know if Circus is town yesterDay unless Pierre is mafia. He probably just wanted to draw the "I told you" card after Circus' flip. Him wanting the assumed doc to claim so early yesterDay also looks iffy to me.

I unvote for now to give Riddle's replacement time to read and catch up.

@Mentos

I completely forgot to ask this: Can you investigate yourself? That would answer your sanity question too wouldn't it? The problem I'm having is that we're just about to repeat the same mistake we did in Simpsons when we followed a claimed PR instead of lynching suspicious players. I don't think we should lynch Kevin only to prove your sanity. Yes, I know you have other reasons to push for his lynch but at least I'd like to hear your opinion on other players especially Riddle and Pierre.

@Marshy

Unless you fear that you paint a target on seven player's backs (which I highly doubt) you should have no problem to list your top3 suspicions. Not a good time to dodge questions and lurk. You've been pretty helpful and vocal so far.

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
gheb, the mistake yu made in simpsons was not lynching Kevin after jungle was a ML.

see, your mistake was not lynching kevin!

Kevin has yet again not done anything today.

gah. **** skool yo

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I haven't done anything because i've like been rereading and didn't want to influence your decision of what to do with me.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gheb, I've already mentioned that Pierre was suspicious to me, which is why he was my n2 investigation. Also, I'm not sure if I can self-investigate, and I wouldn't anyway. Not only would it waste an investigation, but given the flavor this game is based off a lawyer and/or framer would not be terribly unlikely, and if I was planning on self investigating, a framer could hit me to make my results look like I needed the opposite of what I did. For all I know I could self investigate, get an inno, then turn around and lynch Kevin and have him flip town because a framer had been on me and I need to look for innos. Especially in this game, I don't see it being a potentially good benefit.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Wow this is a lot to catch up on. Reading this through tonight - I'll make a post later on

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, I've already mentioned that Pierre was suspicious to me, which is why he was my n2 investigation. Also, I'm not sure if I can self-investigate, and I wouldn't anyway. Not only would it waste an investigation, but given the flavor this game is based off a lawyer and/or framer would not be terribly unlikely, and if I was planning on self investigating, a framer could hit me to make my results look like I needed the opposite of what I did. For all I know I could self investigate, get an inno, then turn around and lynch Kevin and have him flip town because a framer had been on me and I need to look for innos. Especially in this game, I don't see it being a potentially good benefit.
I'm still not convinced by your idea. What if Kevin flips town? You still won't know if you're insane or paranoid and we might lose our doc because of that. Too much risk, too littel reward. If we're really lynching one of your guilties I'd say Pierre the Scumcrow unless he has some epic claim. If you insist on Kevin you'd have to show me how and why Kevin is scummier than Pierre.

Rockin, Cacti, Swords are you done lurking? Your recent post all heavily lack substance.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I'm still not convinced by your idea. What if Kevin flips town? You still won't know if you're insane or paranoid and we might lose our doc because of that. Too much risk, too littel reward. If we're really lynching one of your guilties I'd say Pierre the Scumcrow unless he has some epic claim. If you insist on Kevin you'd have to show me how and why Kevin is scummier than Pierre.
I agree with you on this.

@Cacti You don't have anything else to say except I want swords dead sooo badly? What do you think of Mentos's cop claim and Kevin's Doc claim?

@pierre who are your suspicions and why?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I do think Kevin is scummier, as I have, ya know, already outlined in my case against him, however I do agree if we were to lynch a guilty Pierre would probably be the safer choice of the two to not risk lynching a doctor. And the reason WHY I would want to lynch a guilty, as said before is yeah, I don't know if I'm insane or paranoid if they flip town, but I do know that if I get an inno it's a scum, instead of townie/if I get a guilty it doesn't mean anything until I have an inno. Regardless, I agree Rockin, Swords, and Cacti need to step it up, we're getting close to crunch time here.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Pierre, I voted you because I thought it'd be good to test mentosman's investigation, and you're the safer one, like other people have said.

unvote vote: rockin

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I do think Kevin is scummier, as I have, ya know, already outlined in my case against him, however I do agree if we were to lynch a guilty Pierre would probably be the safer choice of the two to not risk lynching a doctor. And the reason WHY I would want to lynch a guilty, as said before is yeah, I don't know if I'm insane or paranoid if they flip town, but I do know that if I get an inno it's a scum, instead of townie/if I get a guilty it doesn't mean anything until I have an inno. Regardless, I agree Rockin, Swords, and Cacti need to step it up, we're getting close to crunch time here.
no **** that.

who says pierre doesn't have a powerrole either? Kevin already said that he won't protect anyone other than himself all game. So if he actually is telling the truth, he is choosing to be a VT.

but id be fine with either.

and cacti

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ride their claim to late game? I claimed pretty late in the game(10 left, by tomorrow we'll be at mylo most likely if we miss scum). Plus, there are people riding doing absolutely nothing to late game who should be a much bigger priority than someone who's at least trying to accomplish something. Honestly right now, it's pretty much been Mac, me, and Gheb talking, occasional posts from you and Marshy, and few and far between posts from everyone else. Honestly as much as I want to figure out my sanity, I'm tempted to lynch someone between Marshy, Rockin, Cacti, Swords, Riddle/Kata because they are doing absolutely NOTHING and barely posting enough to avoid prodding.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ride their claim to late game? I claimed pretty late in the game(10 left, by tomorrow we'll be at mylo most likely if we miss scum). Plus, there are people riding doing absolutely nothing to late game who should be a much bigger priority than someone who's at least trying to accomplish something. Honestly right now, it's pretty much been Mac, me, and Gheb talking, occasional posts from you and Marshy, and few and far between posts from everyone else. Honestly as much as I want to figure out my sanity, I'm tempted to lynch someone between Marshy, Rockin, Cacti, Swords, Riddle/Kata because they are doing absolutely NOTHING and barely posting enough to avoid prodding.
Well, sorry for being pretty **** busy recently for me to not contribute much of D3. I'll do a reread right now and get myself right back to posting.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Can I just say mentos that it's easier said than done catching up with a thread of 63 pages =p... unless someone wants to give me the lowdown of the key events that have happened, preferably with links... and post numbers *hints*, then I can post my thoughts having come into this game late!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I dont mean to be too rude but I looked over your post and I dont really feel like playing anymore tonight. I seem to have trouble tackling what exactly you are talking about sometimes because your diction is opposite what is normally in a mafia game - you are exceedingly vague all the time, your case applies to more than Riddle (almost all of it actually applies to ME also yet you never mention me as a suspect on Day 3 and previously I think you said you thought I was Town), and you fault Riddle for not building more cases after he built one that you think might have merit. I don't know, you seem to form pillows of ideas instead of rocks to stand on, and when I try to climb them and see from your perspective, they just deflate and puff out.
Not to forget that almost everything you say is wrong with him is just inactivity which isn't a scumtell when he is active all across the forum - I believe he was just modkilled in Monster mafia for it (flipped Town too), and he has not made regular posts in a very long time in Paranoiafia.
inactivity also isn't a towntell either, like I thought it was in Megamafia. The thing with you 'coasting'/not posting so much is that you at least have both a legit reason and you do contribute to the game. Yeah, D1 you wasn't posting as much as now, but at least you had a sense to wanna share your insights with town, and that carried all throughout now. Riddle however began posting stuff like this...

Sorry guys. I've just kinda lost interest in mafia in general. I'll make an effort to be active in all my games until they finish those.

Thoughts:

1) Yeah I've been inactive.
2) Kevin made a claim in twilight not before being lynched which implies Governor fishing to me (scummy).
3) I think Mentos is Paranoid.
so it's pretty meh and discouraging to see him still in the game, unconsidered or not lynched. I know inactivity isn't a strong case against him, but he's also havn't been contributing like he used to.

also, sorry if you do not like the way I post. I know it may sound vague at times or sometimes unhelpful, but I try to put my point across as best as I can. There are times when the case applies to more then one and I'm singling out that person, but the one I'm pointing at is at least doing it in a way that is unhelpful. Cacti is starting to do the same thing, given some of his recent posts.

As far as 'gov baiting,' I would like to point out that I never even knew there was a gov in the game. 'There was twilight.' so what? Even with twilight, I never put two and two together. >>

I don't want to lynch KevinM cause there isn't a cc against him, not to mention I'm sure the doc would've CCed by now. Not to mention that if he really was the doc, we'd lost one. However, I'm not so fond of lynching Pierre either, only cause I still believe he's town =/.

KevinM, early back, you said that if we can't deal with the WIFOM that to lynch you. Do you still believe in this?

also, Kat - just do your best to catch up in the game.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kat, I'm not referring to you in particular with that(I know you replaced relatively recently), it's simply that Riddle lurked hardcore while he was in the game, and since you replaced him you are held to the things he did. I know you still need to catch up and that's why you haven't posted much yet ^.^

And Rockin, I understand being busy, we all know it's killed my activity before, I'm just saying that while I would like to lynch a guilty to make sure I know what to do should I get an inno, I would also be fine with a lynch of some of the less active people knowing that a mislynch today likely puts us in lylo, and we need people who are active in endgame situations like that. Right now, I'm feeling a lynch between Marshy/Swords/Cacti. Marshy has dropped off the table a lot recently, and the other two have been lurking all game. With endgame approaching, I think we need to stop giving these people free passes and get to it. For right now

Unvote if I had one, Vote: Cacti

One of you can die finally.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly Kev, I wouldn't be much against it besides feeling that there are less contributory/better lynch candidates out there.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm getting increasingly annoyed by those players mentos mentioned. Cacti just throws out unexplained votes after being either fairly inactive (D2) or under suspicion (D1). Marshy has been throwing out random votes most of D2 and now writes posts like "tell me who's the play already" (did the same thing in FFVII where he was scum) when asked about his lynchpool. Swords continues to be a parrot and Kata still has a lot to catch up. Glad to see people pressure voting Rockin now. Time to do the same with Cacti now...

Vote Cacti

You sir, have a lot of explaining to do.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I'm OK with lynching either Pierre the Scumcrow or Riddle toDay. Pierre never really responded to the accusation of him coasting and parroting Circus the whole D2. His response was that he "proxied" his vote to Circus which is a perfect excuse for a scumbag to not take a stance on anything and look credible in case Circus flips town (which he'd only know for sure if he was mafia). He keeps calling Circus a "confirmed" townie but there was no way for Pierre to actually know if Circus is town yesterDay unless Pierre is mafia. He probably just wanted to draw the "I told you" card after Circus' flip. Him wanting the assumed doc to claim so early yesterDay also looks iffy to me.
No way for me to know that Circus was a confirmed townie? Did you not believe The_Truth's full-claim Day 1? His claim to be a mason partner with another player, in addition to his name claim, was very believable. Circus was basically a confirmed townie while he was Circus and not T_T, and if you disagree I will simply point you to the regular vote counts. So, no, there is no "I told you so" coming from me - if there were, I would be telling you it. Also, if I were scum, proxying my vote to Circus would have meant giving the town more power and giving the mafia less power - the opposite being simply keeping my vote to myself and putting it on any lynch I wanted. I really fail to see why you think it was scummy. And yes, I asked KevinM to name claim (not role claim). There was nothing scummy about that.

It really bothers me that Marshy, a player of supposed great merit, is simply asking everyone else for his lynch target and hopping votes. Aren't you supposed to be good?

I don't really know what to think about Cacti, SwordsR, and Rockin. I feel they've contributed little and they don't promise to contribute any more. I see myself on their lynches.

Kataefi, welcome to the game, and I'm sure you will come up with fresh perspective after your lengthy read.

Someone else please tell me that they noticed Cacti, Marshy, and Macman all vote Rockin in a row with no explanation from any of them?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Pierre, I voted you because I thought it'd be good to test mentosman's investigation, and you're the safer one, like other people have said.

unvote vote: rockin
It really seems like you've started lurking ever since the lynch on me died down. You've contributed the same amount as Marshy on D3.

I think we need a cacti/Pierre lynch. Kataefi is replacing for riddle, so i will let him get his thoughts together before i say anything.

Explain yourself before i vote you sCumti.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
what are peoples thoughts on having truths mason partner claim and forcing kevin to protect him for the rest of the game?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mac, I've said it before to you and its frustrating to have to say it again: stop trying to force a doc claim to do something and take away the ability to wifom the mafia. Worst role to try to direct and its making you look scummy.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
rather go riddle/rockin/pierre
Again, you are frustrating me terribly. You are not providing reasoning for anything, which isn't helping me with my doubts that because you are supposed to be such a great player, the fact that I don't feel your influence on the game at all means you are doing it subtly. Do you understand that?

It really seems like you've started lurking ever since the lynch on me died down. You've contributed the same amount as Marshy on D3.

I think we need a cacti/Pierre lynch. Kataefi is replacing for riddle, so i will let him get his thoughts together before i say anything.

Explain yourself before i vote you sCumti.
You don't touch on me at all except to say that you support my lynch. Compound, please.

what are peoples thoughts on having truths mason partner claim and forcing kevin to protect him for the rest of the game?
I think this is possibly a good idea.

Mac, I've said it before to you and its frustrating to have to say it again: stop trying to force a doc claim to do something and take away the ability to wifom the mafia. Worst role to try to direct and its making you look scummy.
I find your opposition to this idea to be severely questionable, basically because your reasoning is sucky and lacking. Obviously the textbook "directing the doc is bad mkay" doesn't apply here when we have a possibly new clear through a claim, and since the doctor is not confirmed (though he is not countered) it would not be that bad at all, especially considering the majority tried to lynch said doctor yesterday. I don't think that made Macman look scummy at all - I think you look dumb for shutting down the idea. You don't feel like you could use another confirmed townie right about now? Because with Cacti/Rockin/Swords being unimpressive, KevinM being in a strange claim position, Marshy not living up to my expectations, and you claiming cop when a cop is already dead (with a guilty on me and Kevin, no less, meaning you are not sane but still possibly mafia), I could use a bit more clarity right about now and this would provide that. Or are you just not in the same boat as me.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is the second time mac has tried to control the doc. First saying he should self protect and potential vig test him, now saying the mason partner should claim and be protected. I know kevin isn't confirmed, but if we direct him to protect the mason partner it leaves two claimed prs left unprotected and mafia knowing they're unprotected. Mason partner can claim tomorrow at mylo, righ now it isn't worth telling the mafia who they can and cannot target.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
my only reason is that i dont believe kevin at all and since noone wants to lynch him, I want to either get him killed and/or prove that he is doc. Self protecting and letting vig test would do that. Also having him protect a clear townie makes for a win/win situation. Kevin dies as doc... yay no more wifom. plus we'll have a clear. [i also think the mason partner is the governor since those roles seem to go together alot, so i don't think we'd be outing anyone important]

I wanted to reread earlier but I was turned away from the idea mostly because we didn't have a flip yesterday, I am severely lacking info. Only flip that was at all helpful to me was omni's but he didn't make many connects with people day1 so that doesn't help. A new clear would help things alot.

Though it bugs me that pierre agrees with it............

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I am severely lacking info. Only flip that was at all helpful to me was omni's but he didn't make many connects with people day1 so that doesn't help. A new clear would help things alot.

Though it bugs me that pierre agrees with it............
Contradictory, much?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You know what, I was reading back and Riddle acted the scummiest the first few days like. He dismissed a lot of discussion was inactive when he wasn't doing so and never was really the forefront on any wagon. Like, I don't know about you guys but that's not flying for me as a town tell. And if he's town well then **** not sure what else to do, but he's flying under the radar and his replacement is going to have to explain a lot of whats going on. This is the second time in this game I've felt I've had a read on someone and then they just replaced out like with no real reason :\. Anyways, Riddle/Kat is the play.

Top Bottom