• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright: Does he have the Wright stuff?

Sinn

Smash Lord
I guess people are still forgetting that there is NO fourth Phoenix Wright..

Apollo Justice is the new lawyer in town. He's starring in the "fourth''.

I'll spoil for the hell of it. Phoenix Wright is (again)suspected of murder, in the game. I know this because in the trailer it shows some guy who looks like an old Phoenix Wright.
I think that's pretty common knowledge now actually. It was in the demo that you can play (which someone translated for us). I think that's the first case, actually. Though I would BET that he's got a bigger role in the overall game, even if he's not the protagonist.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Chief Mendez, I must first state that you are incredibly awesome for making a doable Phoenix Wright moveset. But I would like to propose 2 changes: 1. you have stated that you've been feeling ambivalent towards his ^B so I thought that maybe it could involve Mia Fey appearing in ghost form and lifting Phoenix up (in the same general style as Mario's ^B) because she ALWAYS appears when things are grim to lift Phoenix's spirits up. and 2. for his FS I like the general idea but I think it should incorporate a magatama image over the sorry victim and feature Phoenix breaking their 5 psychelocks and causing huge knockback over Phoenix's unparalleled deductive abilities.

Feel free to point out why I'm a noob and how those ideas are bad/won't work. :laugh:

EDIT: If Phoenix is in this game, I would only think it appropriate that his "hobohodo" outfit be an alt of some sort. (from GS4)

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I must say, since this IS the Phoenix Wright thread, we may chat about P(hoenix)W(right) T(rials)a(nd)T(ribulations).

Case 4 is simply epic. I didn't start 5 to save suspense forever.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Not to mention, does anyone know if Dahlia Hawthorne gets hung from the Mia Fey Pheonix Wright trial? She says she "Spends time with men in blue".

If she DIDN'T, get hung, she could be a recurring antagonist of some sort, like in Apollo Justice!

The impact she had on various people such as Mr. Hawles(I forgot his name) was simply unbelievable.

She convinced him to kill HIMSELF. My query is: how did he? Did he drink poison from that **** bottle? It didn't specify. Cases 4 and 2 are the most intriguing ones.

A major mystery...is Godot being reincarnated. He was Armando Diego(A.D, heh After Death), who was poisoned and killed by Dahlia Hawthorne(Case 1). He claimed to "Rise from Hell" to face Phoenix Wright(Case2).

I wonder..if the mask and case 5 reveal it all. Why did he get White hair anyways?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Not to mention, does anyone know if Dahlia Hawthorne gets hung from the Mia Fey Pheonix Wright trial? She says she "Spends time with men in blue".

If she DIDN'T, get hung, she could be a recurring antagonist of some sort, like in Apollo Justice!

The impact she had on various people such as Mr. Hawles(I forgot his name) was simply unbelievable.

She convinced him to kill HIMSELF. My query is: how did he? Did he drink poison from that **** bottle? It didn't specify. Cases 4 and 2 are the most intriguing ones.

A major mystery...is Godot being reincarnated. He was Armando Diego(A.D, heh After Death), who was poisoned and killed by Dahlia Hawthorne(Case 1). He claimed to "Rise from Hell" to face Phoenix Wright(Case2).

I wonder..if the mask and case 5 reveal it all. Why did he get White hair anyways?
All I have to say is...you're cheating yourself by not playing the final case. Seriously. Especially considering some of your questions. I'll say it again, case 3-5 is the BEST case in the entire trilogy, in my opinion, even better than the mind**q* they gave us in 2-4.

Suffice to say, I think all of your questions will be answered in the final case. By the way:
His name is actually Diego Armando...do you see it now? "dieGOarmonDO"? Remember that the T is silent. Also, I'm pretty sure that Terry Fawles drank poison from the bottle...it would make sense based on what it held in 3-1.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Sinn, you have a revamped Dahlia Avatr don't you...

I have yet to find out Why The Hell Godo(I didn't know the T was silent...)t is still alive.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Sinn, you have a revamped Dahlia Avatr don't you...

I have yet to find out Why The Hell Godo(I didn't know the T was silent...)t is still alive.
You would THINK that, wouldn't you? ;D

PLAY IT. PLAY IT NOW! IT BECKONS YOU O_O

And yeah, the name originally comes from a play called, "Waiting for Godot." Same name. Same pronunciation. Though I've never seen the play, it's just what I've read.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Sinn, not playing case 5 of PW:T&T is like sitting through a movie and then leaving before the climax, much less the ending, has even happened. To deprive yourself of case 5 is sheer madness!

Sinn

Smash Lord
I agree with Sinn, not playing case 5 of PW:T&T is like sitting through a movie and then leaving before the climax, much less the ending, has even happened. To deprive yourself of case 5 is sheer madness!
"No Maya, that's SPARDA."

Best. Line. EVER.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
How about this one?
After presenting wrong evidence (I believe in the 3rd Case) Godot comments on how you made a mistake and have to suck down a penalty, then the judge follows up with something like "Yes, Mr. Wright! You will suck it down and you will like it!"
But Seriously, there are too many moments of hilarity in this game to ever be told, they all must be experienced for true appreciation.

EDIT: I completely forgot Atmey's best line: "Let us say that the figurative Sir William will be dropping his panties around noontime." Nonsensical statement FTW!

Sinn

Smash Lord
I need to play through and intentionally do some wrong objection choices at pivotal moments...those always seem to be a hoot <3

Also, "I guess we all know whose milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard," made me bust up as well. That and, "That P on his chest doesn't stand for Phoenix anyway!" But honestly...I think my all time favorite quote in the series might be from 2-4 when Phoenix simply says...

"Words can't describe how screwed I am."

xD

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
My favorite line in all of "Phoenix Wright-dom" is in 2-4 when Edgeworth says: "This isn't the Phoenix wright wax philosophical power hour!" If my brain could comprehend all of the awesomeness contained in this one phrase, it would explode.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I swear, I will petition for Phoenix in the next Smash game...of which there will inevitably be. Heck, GS4 has sold better than any game in the franchise yet in Japan, so I see no reason to fear that the series will go away...and I see no reason to take it off Nintendo handhelds...

And as a side note...Distant Traces of Beauty is one of the greatest tracks ever.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Sinn, but I'm afraid the ochestral version of Gyakuten Saiban 3 Epilogue is my favorite. It is so beautiful and emotional...but yeah, I love anything in Phoenix Wright that isn't related to Ini/Mimi Miney. *blows brains out*

BTW: Distant traces of Beauty...whose soundtrack is that? You have me very interested in hearing it now.:laugh:

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Heh, I can't tell what my fave quote is, since I don't have, nor ever played the 2nd game. I NEED IT.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I told you people, I didn't start case 5 because I was saving suspense...the kind of suspense I'm starting now.

BTW, someone needs to do a petition. Phoenix Wright deserves his spot.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I told you people, I didn't start case 5 because I was saving suspense...the kind of suspense I'm starting now.

BTW, someone needs to do a petition. Phoenix Wright deserves his spot.
Petitions to companies rarely get anything done, besides as much as I agree with you about deserving his spot it's most likely too late in development to get them to change their minds. That is unless of course he's in already :laugh:.

As for the favorites

Quote: Gonna have to have to go with the screwed quote all the way. My second favorite is the infinite ammo code line from case 3-3 with the old man.

Tune: I like Warehouse Tiger a lot, but I also like the vibe Logic and Trick gives off.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Well, Sega sucked Sakurai's **** 50 different ways to get Sonic in Brawl. Capcom must send over an Iris/Melissa/Dahlia to do the same. (I found out what your avatar is, sinn.)

I must say, playing as Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth is awesome. I'm still investigating, so don't spoil for me like I did to all who have read.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Well, Sega sucked Sakurai's **** 50 different ways to get Sonic in Brawl. Capcom must send over an Iris/Melissa/Dahlia to do the same. (I found out what your avatar is, sinn.)

I must say, playing as Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth is awesome. I'm still investigating, so don't spoil for me like I did to all who have read.
Just wait until you're in court, that is where Edgeworth really shines as the best supporting character in any video game, EVER.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
It would be interesting if he was in, but if 3rd parties are also allowed to put in Assist's, I could EASILY see Phoenix and Edgeworth appear that way, but as playable, not so high imo

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
It would be interesting if he was in, but if 3rd parties are also allowed to put in Assist's, I could EASILY see Phoenix and Edgeworth appear that way, but as playable, not so high imo
I could easily see Waluigi as an AT, you hypocrite.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think I like Iris more than Maya now. Which is saying a lot.

In any case, Distant Traces of Beauty is Dahlia's theme. I love the track that you mentioned from GMO too, but I think that if they did a full song based on her theme (there's a brief bit from 1:13 to 2:10 on track 10 - Kurain Genealogy), I would probably like that one most.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I'd lol if Franziska at 13 whipped judges. Besides, wasn't Edgeworth the young prosecutor here?

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
I think I like Iris more than Maya now. Which is saying a lot.

In any case, Distant Traces of Beauty is Dahlia's theme. I love the track that you mentioned from GMO too, but I think that if they did a full song based on her theme (there's a brief bit from 1:13 to 2:10 on track 10 - Kurain Genealogy), I would probably like that one most.
Ah, so that is the music. well then, I must agree that it is a beautiful piece. Now if only they'd do an orchestral version on Distant Traces of Beauty and Inspection War Song (Victor Kudo's and Gumshoe's Reggae theme:)) then I would be as happy as I possibly could be with music.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I finished Phoenix Wright 3 just a few days ago and It was AWESOME! It's really surprising and really epic, and like always REALLY funny :D The best scene was when you presented the last piece of evidence. Just plain awesome...

I've always had Phoenix Wright as my favorite character but now it's Godot. He's the definition of cool XD He makes you want to listen to jazz and drink coffee all day o_o

My favorite Soundtrack is either...Investigation~Cross-examining (Variation) or The fragrance of dark coffee

Having Phoenix Wright in Brawl would be the best! Who knows, he might make it to Brawl. Just pray XD Btw, has anyone here also read the Gyakuten Saiban Manga? It's really cool.

Sinn

Smash Lord
For an antagonist, Godot is surprisingly likable. Granted, most of the prosecutors are in their own way...

Do you have a LINK to this manga you speak of...?

Also...if any of you haven't heard THIS...I think you should. I really wish it was longer...

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Godot in Brawl is highly unlikely. It's like Big Boss for Brawl. Not gonna happen.

Sadly, Feeny is third party.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Then I'll hope for a Feenie AT tis time and as playable next time. There will BE a next time...

Did you beat it yet, Biggie?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Nope, but close. I'm cross examining Dahlia as we speak, in case 5. She reveals a brand new sprite smirk..

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Finally wrapped up case 5, man that was crazy.
Thought the ending was an especially nice way to wrap up this trilogy.

Kooichi said:
Yep thats the one! XD I wish someone would sub the rest T.T
Me too, it's annoying that they stopped in the middle of a case.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Man, Case 5 I had to redo twice... I still didn't understand thoroughly why Godot/Diego Armanda who woke up from a coma(In a hospital for 5 years) murdered Misty Fey. It's as if everyone was blind to him doing that. I laughed at Wendy Oldbag's appearence in credits..where'd she get the suit and raygun? In Case 3 or 4 in the first game, I don't recall her having them.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
If Feenie was an Assist, I would think it proper that he would roam around the level randomly saying his three trademark phrases "Objection," "Hold it," and "Take that!" And then each of these phrases could have different effects, like these:
Objection!: Character caught in "shout bubble" gets 0% damage but moderate to high knockback
Hold it!: Character is stunned for 5 seconds
Take that!: Opponent is hit for 30% damage.
And to balance these amazing abilities they'd have different occurrence rates like 60% for Hold it!, 30% for Objection!, and 10% for Take that!

All criticisms are welcome. (so long as they are "constructive":))

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright is a pretty good last representative for Third Partiers. Don't listen to Exodecai. He thinks WALUiGi should be in Brawl for ****'s sake. But, then again, there's that guy who brought up the ("Inevitable") possibility of more spots. Phoenix Wright deserves his spot mighty well. I mean, he could be the next Captain Falcon: PHOENIX PUNCH!

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
I agree completely with you Biggie, Phoenix Wright (along with Viewtiful Joe) would be the best new character possible. But if our hearts are crushed and he is not playable, then we should at least do our part and argue the reasons that he would be a great AT.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
You're jynxing the possibility..
Anyways:
B- Phoenix Punch-Much like Falcon Punch.
B>-Magatama Throw-Throws a Magatama.
B\/-OBJECTION!-Points and hurts, yells it too.
B^-TAKE THAT!-Throws random evidence from cases at opponent.

A-Psyche Lock Break-He breaks a Psyche Lock in the opponent.
A>-Doug Shove-Much like when he shoved Doug Swallow, a shove.
A\/-HOLD IT!-Like Bowser's Claw, another form of grabbing.
A^-Badge Uppercut-Does a Falcon-esque uppercut with Badge

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Don't listen to Exodecai. He thinks WALUiGi should be in Brawl for ****'s sake.
What was the point of that comment, no offense but that made you look like a total ***hole? IMO Waluigi will be in, but this isn't his thread now is it, this is Phoenix Wright's and that's my opinion on his chances, I'd love to see him and/or Miles in the game, but the odds of Capcom picking them over Mega Man as there reps aren't too high to me :(

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
What was the point of that comment, no offense but that made you look like a total ***hole? IMO Waluigi will be in, but this isn't his thread now is it, this is Phoenix Wright's and that's my opinion on his chances, I'd love to see him and/or Miles in the game, but the odds of Capcom picking them over Mega Man as there reps aren't too high to me :(
I have to laugh at your opinion now, for jynxing mine, and for it being completely ridiculous. Give me the facts on why Waluigi should be in Brawl.

Top Bottom