• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Philadelphia players

IceSheikah

Smash Rookie
I don't usually post on this forum as much as I wanted to when I signed up, but I have been playing Brawl and Melee recently with a few friends and it seems we lack competition. I am interested in meeting new people to play some friendly games, tournaments, whatever. Not too many gamers around my area, so I'm looking to see who's up for some Smash.

I live in South Philadelphia and unfortunately do not own a car. Meeting up in Philly would be best. If anyone is free and is interested in setting up a tournament, e-mail me at andrxpier@gmail.com and we can see what's up.

:foreveralone:

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Here have an essay:awesome::
I live in West Chester ~45 minutes away and have a fair # of friends out this way who play brawl. Sadly the better half (aside from a one kid and myself) of those are spread throughout PA most further west due to college at the moment. Additionally I don't own a GPS being the broke college student that I am and most likely won't till summer (and get lost rather easily). I could probably arrange something given enough time over spring break or summer in which a bunch of my friends (4-10) could head into Phili and meet you if you wanted to do a group tourney or get together if you also have enough people. Or if you wanted to head to West Chester with your lot. I figure the group who didn't drive would pay for pizza/food for those who did and themselves to essentially cancel gas costs. We could also potentially make the tourney monetary idk if it's only like $5 per person and $5/team if we were to do teams. I also like the idea of a 3rd tourney that would be low tier if we had time left over, namely because my Jiggs and a friend's Ganon are awesome (seriously they're legit I've 3 stocked several people with Jiggs).

If you like the above idea at all feel free to add me as a contact/friend me.

Also, if you or your friends are ever going to be out my way or wiling to drive here (in which case something could potentially be done on a weekend?) send me an email and we can try and get together (jrmsjjj@gmail.com).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hi. Scar used to host tournies here, and Chibo hosts some tournies here sometimes. He will be hosting NEC (Brawl and Melee) very soon. (Like two weeks?)

I also have hosted two tournies here, and Talwind has hosted two I think. I'll strive to find venues to host more.

I wouldn't mind meeting up, and I have friends who would play melee (or brawl). I mean if they aren't busy.

GOTM

Smash Champion
To add onto that, if anyone can play on a weekday in the next month or so, you should come and play with Pakman and I so we can practice for Woz's thingy :)

I don't know where the hell the PA thread went so I'm posting it here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I could prolly come, since I only have Thursday classes for spring.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Sweet guys.

Pakman, what day(s) works for you? Also, Kasumi, I had no idea you lived in Exton. I'm in West Chester. I go to Exton all the time. We're like 10 minutes away depending on where in Exton you live, lol.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Does the day after New Years work for anyone? Jan. 7th works for me, but that's a Monday. Pakman, would you be able to do that or no?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Should work for me yeah. How do I get to Pakman's?

GOTM

Smash Champion
I don't know if we'd do this at Pakmans, my place, possibly even Ultima Scouts or somewhere else. We'd have to figure that out as well.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Day after new year's should be cool with me, unless the family is planning on doing something. Ranmaru, if I'm free for whatever time this ends up at I can get you to and from the train station as before.

GOTM

Smash Champion
When and where on the 2nd works for everyone? I know Pakman and I will be getting off work around like 5:30pm, so anytime after then is good for me.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
I'd be biased to wherever you are in West Chester because of extreme closeness but am probably cool with wherever. After 5:30 is fine. Who else is in this? Pakman for a bit and maybe Ranmaru if trains are forgiving?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So Wednesday? I should be fine with that. So Kasumi I meet up with you at your place?

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
That seems to be the plan. Since it's a week day, the train will even stop at Exton. Happy New Year, and such, as well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Happy New Year bro, and ok I'll stop at Exton. Want me there earlier so we can chill before? (let me know what time to arrive)

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
There's one that arrives at 3:10 PM at the Exton station. I'd say go for that. And remember to bring Star Fox 64! GOTM, I still need the address for where this is going down.

GOTM

Smash Champion
If this happens at my place, I'm cool with that. However, I only have one (very) small TV, so if we're having like 6 people (I think Pakman said Mogwai was coming, so I was going to try and even it out with someone else), we'll need at least another good TV since I wanted to stream from one of them as well.

My address is 292 Live Oak Lane, West Chester PA 19380.

I would say be there around 6:30pm if that's cool.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Ah, neat. More people than I thought. I'll look up how to get there. I can possibly bring one, maybe two TVs. One of them is 10.4 inches, which is small but it's really easy to bring. I'll have to see if the other good one I have is going to be a hassle to transport. I can also bring up to three consoles, but I only have one copy of melee.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I can bring a copy of melee. Kasumi, check to see if each setup has the proper cables along with them. Just in case I should bring my cables. :p

GOTM

Smash Champion
Pakman's got a second TV, so I think we'll be good with two considering I want to play teams with him a lot so I'm forcing two others to play against us, haha.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Couldnt find my copy of melee, sorry.

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Fun games, guys. I would like some tips.

Sorry for leaving so soon.

:phone:

GOTM

Smash Champion
What?? Chadds Ford? lol damn dude. Pakman and I work like 5 minutes away in Kennett. I'd be down to play.

PKSparkxx

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKSparkxx
3DS FC
1118-0400-3549
Philly Brawler, looking for a few places/groups to play with and slowly get back into playing competitively.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I was thinking about having some people over for Melee tomorrow night as my girlfriend is going to be away until later.

I can't have a lot of people over because of space issues, but I was thinking of trying to get a group of about 6-8 people at the most.

I spoke to UltimaScout and he's down, but so far it's just us. Anyone interested? It'd probably start around 7 and go until like 10 or so at the latest.

Top Bottom