• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantasy Star Online Ep. I & II

Matthias2k2

Smash Lord
Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II :: Gamecube/Xbox
1-4 Players Offline/ 1 Player Online
Rated E
$49.95 (Monthly fee: $8.95/mo., first month free)

Am I the only one playing this here? This game is such a blast. I'm not even playing online yet. I'm not really sure if I want to or not, either, because of the cost. Not to mention I can't even find the game or the GC modem. I've been going over to my friend's who in turn has borrowed it from another friend. Right now I have a RAmarl/Lv.19/Pinkal named Jess. Does anyone know how the online play is? Are cheaters rampant? How does communication go w/ no keyboard?

t w o j o k e rS

Smash Apprentice
i'd like to get that game. I played for only an hour on my friends DC and I had a blast. Oh, communication is done w/out keyboard by using emoticons and symbols. Also, the online play (from what I heard. I didn't play online and I don't plan to) is the best part because of the parties you can join, quests you can download, and promo treasures you can receive only online. Cheaters I suppose would be out there since Sega did mention a crackdown on the servers, but who knows?

ps: raCAST owns any ranger. hands down.

Dark Falz

Smash Rookie
no your not the only person playing this game. so far im in very hard mode and am level 49. my MAG is level 186. Im an HUmarl.I use G- assasins claws. PSO is the BEST game for gamecube so far...:D

chaos28

Smash Journeyman
Gotta love this game. I just completed Normal (all Hunter's Guild quests, beat the game, etc) and I'm a Lv. 35 HUmar. I know, I know typical class. Anyway, as for the only world, keyboards are compatible, but they're rare - the only place I've seen them is eBay, and usually for more than $100! But I still must have one. :( I might wait though. I'm not online yet, but myself and three friends play this game often. Weeee. Great game.

CyberWolf10

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, I'm playing it too, although I have yet to get online and have been somewhat preoccupied with Metroid Prime and finally completing Final Fantasy X. Annnnyway, I am BioWolfX (stupid name), Level 29 HUmar (overly used class). And...yeah, that's pretty much it.

KoopaKing

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kyoto, The Legendary City of The Four Guardians an
Heeey! Something I can finally but my nose into! Lol. Sorry if I don't reply much, but can answer almost any questions you have on this game. I got the online for christmas, and play with three characters..

Karinare: Fomar Lvl 68
Empu: Racast Lvl 77
Kalin:Hunewearl Lvl 99

Lol. I love the BKB/ double saber weapons for hunters, the Hildebear's cane for the force, and of course, the Wals Mk2 for my Ranger, even if I have better weapons for him.. and I have yet to find a Yaskimov.. lol.

Anyways, online is DEFINATELY worth getting. without a keyboard.. it get a bit annoyng sometimes, but preset text messages, and things already typed for you, make it so you hardly ever have to.. and even then, you really will learn to type with the controller fast. Play with friends.. battle. I do CONSTANTLY. Lol. Online, you trade, talk, quest, go through levels.. etc. I'm always learning new things. Especially with my force.. lol.. but certain things come in handy.. Delsaber kit, etc. even your mag is very essential, my Hunte.. she has a devil's tail as her mag. Lol. I suggest those of you that are contemplating going online, to do so.

And, yes, of course people cheat the system. Dupers. they take weapons, make a copy somehow, and give the copy away.. trade it for something else, until they're living on the top with their character. But those who were, recently had a rude awakening. Last thursday, the servers were down for 'Maintenance' for about two hours. Why? Sega fixed the bug.. as best they could. Now characters are being 'erased' left and right due to 'memory error'. Lol. Sega fixed dupers somehow, and I am very happy..

One more thing.. if you expet to be good, wait until youget on. I thought I was really kicking serious xss until I saw the people online. Wow.. but now I know what t do, I am more educated.. and knowing is far extended rom anything you can read on any site, IGN included. All in all, it seriously.. is worth the money. Every cent.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
^Wee long time no see

I played the Dreamcast version at a friend, offline. It was soo much fun, that I was certain that I would buy it for the cube.

I really like the simple idea of having a huge universe with 100s of people around.

The only problem is that it'll be quite a pocket-killer. Since I want the modem as well. I mean if it can go online then you ought to follow it.

I think the ame will be out in Europe around March/April.

Question: How does the offline multiplayer works? I mean is it deathmatch like or RPG for four? Please go into details. Thanks!

KoopaKing

BRoomer
BRoomer
Multiplayer

There are three types of Multiplayer for Offline mode.. Normal, Challenge, and Battle.

Normal

Just like single player mode (although much smaller of a screen) you can't trade, persey, but you can drop items (trading loosley). This is mainly for leveling, finding new items, techs, weapons, rares, armour, etc. You can't do missions, though, it is the downside.. that and everyone must be in a pipe (tele, or otherwise) to transport, you cannot travel freely by will.. although splitting into teams is always more fun with four friends right there. It's good, not great, but it's still very good.

Challenge

Here, you an your friends compete together (in offline, you cannot compete in two teams as far as I know) to clear 40-something comsecutive stages. Yo are allowed to go back to the city, but you cannot use anything in your bank. Infact, your level goes to one, your mag goes back to level five, and all your items (weapons, etc.) are gone. You must star over, using yor knowledge and skill as a team to clear, and equip all new items to your haracters strategically. First team to have a person die, loses. If you clear all stages, you win a special prize.

Battle

This is my personal favourite, and recommend it VERY MUCH. You split into two teams ( automatically since offline, two teams - 1st and 3rd versus 2nd and 4th ) and play one of six different modes of play.. Points, most kills, and Meseta. Each has a mode with all of your personal items, and one with all new ones (starting at level one, as well) I personally recommend just the first one. Good music, other factors, big stages, and you use all of your own weapons. The best part of battle, is if.. say my friend has a rare gun I really coulduse very well against him, all I have to do is kill him, and I can use it.. that is, if he was using it when he dies, he will drop it.. but not for keeps. When the match ends, all items (magic, health, weapons, everything) is either replenished, or returned to the owner. I love that very much.. lol.

chaos28

Smash Journeyman
It's well worth it, MK. I play this game nearly every day with my friend(s). I don't know how the online one is though, but at PSO-World, everybody's complaining about constant character corruption. People are losing their characters to NOL attacks and FSODs - some sort of disconnection. It's worrying me a bit. Some new Action Replay problems with hackers, too, apparently. People are finding ways to PK and whatnot.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Ok tahnks for answering KK, it helped me a lot:)

Now another question: Say you create a Character, will you then be able to use him in every single part/mode of the game. Or will you not be able to use a character made in Ep. 1, and then have to create another character for Ep. 2?

chaos28

Smash Journeyman
Ep 1 and Ep 2, a well as Challenge Mode, are interchangeable. I believe battle mode is, but I'm not sure. So never fear. The only difference is Challenge Mod starts you in Level 1 with a Saber, a Frame and a Mag only. But when you leave Challenge Mode, you'll be the same you were before.

KoopaKing

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, you can use a character you made anywhere on the game, on everything else.. battle, challenge, Ep1, Ep2, etc. You can go play everything with just one character.

But your question, MK, raises something on my mind.. I can't tell you why, but certain weapons, persey the Mech Gun class, are used by everyone. Right? Even force can use them. Well, I have a pair of Mech-guns that are Rare. Twin Psychoguns (very cool! They attach to your arms) For some reason, my Racast cannot equip them. Yes, I know there is a RED X there, he definately has enough ATA (attack accuracy) to use them, but he can't use them, while my friend ( Ramar) and my Hunter (Hunewearl) can. That's not cool. Lol. That's just like the Sinow Beat's Blades. Daggers/Blades are supposed to be subjected ONLY to Hunters.. but Rangers and possibly force can use S-beat's Blades.. It's odd. Lol.. but don't expect to always use a weapon you think you could or could not. It's all depending on weird factors, I suppose. Oh well...

NCAAKirby

Smash Apprentice
WHO SAID THAT THERE RACAST OWNS?

My Racast owns!!!
I'm pretty high level.

Level 92
Weapon- Heaven Punisher/ Frozen Shooter
I can kill the ultimate dragon before he gets off the ground

also I have a Fonewman at level 30... he has 1250 mst at level 30
he has a 176 devils wing mind mag and 4 god minds, his wand is a twinkle star

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Thanks for the help once again, here's a question out of interest;

Now in Melee I remember many people were all excited about what mode to play first when they got the game. 1p Classic, 1p Adventure or VS mode. That's not that hard imo, defintely not when you played the prequel.

But when I get PSO where should I start. Will it be best to buy online after a few weeks/month or should I just go online as soon as I can. Should I play Ep1 or Ep2 first?

Any good advice? I haven't played DC version more than 10 hours, but I've been watching a friend play for days. So I'm quite a n00b.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Is the game very interesting if you aren't playing online?
Which type is best for defense?

chaos28

Smash Journeyman
I've only played offline thus far, and I love love love love lurv it! It's wicked-cool. As for defense, I think probably RA-classes have the best defense, but that's just a guess. If not them, then I'd cast the HUcast.

chaos28

Smash Journeyman
I believe you have to take it to the blacksmith in Soul of a Blacksmith. That or Dr. Osto. One or the other I'm sure.

KoopaKing

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol. Okay, first things first.

Mkiller-

You probably want to play for a bit offline to learn to play, but after the first stage,I'd say you can go online whenever you want. Start on Ep1. Definately..

Best Defense? Lemme see... My guess is Hucaseal. The Racaseal has the greatest DEF for rangers, Racast having greatet ATP for rangers. And since Hucast has greatest ATP overall, I would guess Hucaseal holds greatest DEF.

Also, your Ranger does not own a thing.. until it defeats mine in battle. Hehe. Yaskimov 9000s, Wals Mk2, Baranz Lancher, and NUG secure it.. not to mention the little Chaos Bringers Rifle.. and AN0.

i m ur father191

Smash Rookie
my dude:

Kalivo (KALL-I-VO)
RAcast
Level:136
Weapons:Baranz Launcher, Yaskimov 9000s, and i know this isnt the best shot but the Final Impact(i love that gun)
mag level:200
(def:60
pow:70
dex:70
mind:0-RAcast is an android, so theres no point in him having mind power)

and ive never played online, ive beaten ultimate mode and of course all of the other ones.
my mom wont let me go online(shes over protective) she says "ur only 13, u shouldnt bie online playing against people u dont even know. so im not online yet but i plan to be after christmas or so:D

Soccer-Fan

Smash Journeyman
I used to play it, but now I got bored with since I can't play online. My character is a Force Newman Male. I don't remember but I think its level is 38.

James macloud

Smash Journeyman
PSO is on paper not a very good game but it's all about the play whan i first got PSO i though well this sucks what a waste of £40.00 . but i though might as well make the most of it. it took me about too the first boss dragon boy and i was horriably hooked. i played out my free month and proceaded to lose my username which is messed cuz i can't get it back. but offline is cool too. i personal got to chars and 93 and 54 but at shool all my mates had chars so we whould all go aroud hard (useing my 54 as so not to pwn all) and just get into some relly serious fights. at the moment my lv 93 HUmar ihas a desabalars shild and sword which destroys all (+700 ATK and +300 EVA) but i also use my Last suvivor and VICE mech guns (which do about 200 a hit so in a purfect combo thats all 9 hitting (which is all the time) thats 1800 damage) plus i have luck of about 80 which is relly useful for the old criticals. oh and if you ever get a DEMON wepon keep it there the best (demon riflre three shot on anyone and they die)

Cancle out- do you mean the GBA down load mechin cus you need to do the fake in the yellow quest (Beat it but don't collect your mesata) go back through the telpipe and there will be three ragys don't bother with them just go and stand by the wall with the water fall behind and a chao will jump out and give you the GBA downlaod.

also PSO ep 3 is pretty cool but if you want to be a hunter then play Ep 1 and 2. get three and play as the ARKZ cuz there A) alot cooler and B) you get SION BEAT (the coolest baddy in any game ever!!). i wish all the weps in Ep 3 i had in Ep 1 and 2 then i'd PWN.

EDIT- get billy hacher and you get the chippet as a secret summon for EP 3 (hes pretty handy too)

SilvenswordsmanX

Smash Ace
Originally posted by i m ur father191
my dude:

Kalivo (KALL-I-VO)
RAcast
Level:136
Weapons:Baranz Launcher, Yaskimov 9000s, and i know this isnt the best shot but the Final Impact(i love that gun)
mag level:200
(def:60
pow:70
dex:70
mind:0-RAcast is an android, so theres no point in him having mind power)

and ive never played online, ive beaten ultimate mode and of course all of the other ones.
my mom wont let me go online(shes over protective) she says "ur only 13, u shouldnt bie online playing against people u dont even know. so im not online yet but i plan to be after christmas or so:D

No offense to your mom or anything, but that is the LAMEST excuse I have ever heard for not letting your kid go online everrr!!!

James. Demon weapons have a really really rare chance of instant-killing. That is the only property they have. I had a couple of those weapons and didn't find them too interesting. Most of the times I play on the the third difficulty (Forgot the name) and the enemies would walk really fast so I would get KO'd before I finish.

>laphai<

Smash Rookie
we need to get more people posting on this topic! THIS GAME RULES! I LOVE THIS GAME!?

Cooter HUcast
lvl. 66

Laphai HUcast
lvl. 169

>laphai<

Smash Rookie
duping?

i need to learn how to dupe! so i can get like a ton of a really annoying item and put them on my friends dude so he'll get pissed! i need to get him back for disrespecting my family.!

WILL SOMEONE PLZ TELL ME?!?!?!?!

:demon:
:grrr:

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Re: duping?

Originally posted by >laphai<
i need to learn how to dupe! so i can get like a ton of a really annoying item and put them on my friends dude so he'll get pissed! i need to get him back for disrespecting my family.!

WILL SOMEONE PLZ TELL ME?!?!?!?!
Do shut up about the dupe trick.

Demon's special decreases an enemy's HP to 1/4 if it hits. Dim, Dark, Shadow, and Hell are the instant kill attachments.

>laphai<

Smash Rookie
oooo~scary~oooo

i can say what i wanna say you dont tell me to shutup, and i made a mistake my characters arent HUcast's they are RAcasts...srry bout that

Hmoob Koob

Smash Apprentice
This game isn't bad, my only problem is that the game plays waay too slow, and their are so many stupid hackers. I think I was only one of the very few lvl 200er's who actually legitly got to lvl 200, and legitly got all of my weapons, either my buying, making, or finding them. Anyways, I no longer play this game, Lineage 2 now sucks all of my free time :p

here's my character;)

Name: LARLY SEPHIROS
Lvl: 200
Id: Yellowboze
Favorite Weapons: Sange and Yasha, Orotiagito, Tsumikiri J-Sword (bought it from some dude for 900K meseta, I don't even know if it's legit, but I bought it, so it's legit for me), Olga Flow Sword.
Mag: Raiti, and Devil Wings

Yep, I retired from this game, and now I'm only offline, I'll play from time to time online, if I go to my buddies house, but I haven't played online since February, so it's awhile back.

Kaboom

Smash Ace
Does anyone still play this online? And not just anyone on these boards, but in general?

SereneShadows

Smash Rookie
Hmoob=You know you're unlegit when you're using Dark Flow :p

I have many files. A level 120 Purplenum FOmar, a level 68 Viridia RAcast, a level 48 Redria HUcast, and many more.

kaid

Smash Master
lvl 118 HuNewerl, lvl 60 (I think) FoMar, a few other files and a (Legitimately) modded out low level Fomar with Double Saber, Shadow Assault, and Grantis. (I never used a Material I found on ANY of my other characters)

Nite

Smash Champion
All my characters are legit. I still play this game. It is awesome, but a lot of people don't play it anymore. I want a DS version. That would be too cool.

Wash

Smash Apprentice
Nite said:
All my characters are legit. I still play this game. It is awesome, but a lot of people don't play it anymore. I want a DS version. That would be too cool.
I agree, a DS version would be very awesome, and there's not nearly as many people online as there were (including me because of the cheaters that took the expeience, making it impossible to level up, not to mention cost), but that leads me to my question. How do you cancel an account (and you moved the gamertag you created the Hunter's Card thing with to an Xbox 360)?

Smash Master
Hey, what's the bes team for episode 2 challenge mode? For EP-1 C-mode I used Ra-Mar, Hu-Cast, Hu-Mar, and Fo-Newm. I'm having a little trouble getting S-Rank, mostly because the Ra-Mar can't hurt anything and no dim weapons are dropping. I want S-Rank to not be impossible on Ep-2 because I heard it is much harder.

Level 96 Hu-Cast in Ultimate Ruins. Using LK-14 Combat with 10% Hit, Holiness Armor, four Elf Arms, Ultimate Shield, And a lvl. 200 mag with 42 def, 152 power, and 6 dex. I've also raised four other mags, two to lvl 200, two to lvl 100.

Anyone know why they switch priorities with the slot items and the mags? Like, I sacrifice two power for one defense while feeding the mag, but then I see that I could have sacrificed one power for two defense by using metal body instead of ogre power. What's up with that?

Team Giza

Smash Lord
It too make it so you want to have more power on mags and more defense on frames for the most part. I guess...

What serves do you guys play on?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II :: Gamecube/Xbox
1-4 Players Offline/ 1 Player Online
Rated E
$49.95 (Monthly fee: $8.95/mo., first month free)

Am I the only one playing this here? This game is such a blast. I'm not even playing online yet. I'm not really sure if I want to or not, either, because of the cost. Not to mention I can't even find the game or the GC modem. I've been going over to my friend's who in turn has borrowed it from another friend. Right now I have a RAmarl/Lv.19/Pinkal named Jess. Does anyone know how the online play is? Are cheaters rampant? How does communication go w/ no keyboard?
I only played once, offline. It was sooo fun and involving and beautiful I wish I had a copy just to play solo :(

yamigarasu

Smash Cadet
This game is so awesome!I have the dreamcast version,the gamesube version,phantasy star plus,blue burst,and PSU.I'm a Phantasy Star phreak!*sends Dylan a copy of PSO over the internet*

Top Bottom