• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantasm/Up-Special Stall?

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
How exactly do you perform it?

If you don't know what it is, exactly what it sounds like. Stalling.

Hanging on the ledge, and immediately phantasm-ing/up-special in place.

The name slips me at the moment for the up-special, and I feel if I posted anything that wasn't it, I'd feel like a nub. ._.

Thanks for the help if any.

ADHD

Smash Hero
How exactly do you perform it?

If you don't know what it is, exactly what it sounds like. Stalling.

Hanging on the ledge, and immediately phantasm-ing/up-special in place.

The name slips me at the moment for the up-special, and I feel if I posted anything that wasn't it, I'd feel like a nub. ._.

Thanks for the help if any.
The phantasm thing I do all the time but watch out you're vunerable. You drop down and jump up from the ledge and quickly side b. Thats just it.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
I move the analog stick away from the ledge then phantasm or firebird. Unlike in melee, you don't grab the ledge during the "charge-up" of the firebird, but instead after the attack/recovery begins as he yells "Fire!".

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
So moving away as in any direction, or moving the analog to the opposite side your hanging from?

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
You can just drop then side B towards the ledge, you don't do the double jump thing like ChromePirate said.

For the firebird thing just press back and up B as fast as you can when hanging.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Usually when I drop and Phantasm, I miss the ledge and hit below it, or slide off to under the stage.

<_<

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Usually when I drop and Phantasm, I miss the ledge and hit below it, or slide off to under the stage.

<_<
What like the weird glitch on FD, where you try and sweetspot and you end up following the shape of the stage down to your doom? Yeah, that sucks :S

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you want to phantasm in place on the ledge you have to drop down and then JUMP UP and phantasm. You don't even look like you dropped down or anything.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
if u set a button besides B to special it makes stalling with falco a lot easier, I set R to Special when i wanna do IAP instant air Phantasm or when i wanna stall ledges. Although i usually have it to attack for boost smashing.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Mm, thanks Massive. That way is much easier.

Do you use for any other purposes?

Top Bottom