• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phanna Phun - Samus tricks and treats

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Download: FileFront
Stream: YouTube

Though I used AR to access some of the levels you see played, develop mode is not activated, nor is the game altered in any other way.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Very nice, I'm definitely going to have to learn the double jump platform cancel stuffs. I liked the other stuff, just more proof that Samus definitely has the most tricks and glitches in the game.

Jasona

Smash Ace
Wow, the number of missle techs that are still unshown in vids is dwindling fast. However, I think that I (or anyone) could get away with rehashing the stuff I've seen in those vids if I (they) were to use actual tournament footage of these things in action. One missle tech that I think could only be shown well through tournament footage is platform canceling homing missles and adding a smash missle in at opportune moments. Also, a non-missle defense, against someone who pushes through the missles and gets to you, into another barrage of missles or moving through your own barrage of missles to deliver a smash or aerial. I guess it sums up to playing with missles like falco plays with his laser.

Cort

Apple Head
Cool video, although I think some of the segments were displayed probably a bit too long.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow, amazing video phanna. I LOVED the DJC missle platform cancles >_> Wow. I am going to start using those.

Cort

Apple Head
yeah, but he said the game wasn't altered besides the levels used. so does that mean upB canceling and reverse wall jumping aren't possible without it AR as well?
That made no sense if you reread that... But to answer your question everything he did is possible without AR.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
how'd you reverse wall jump?
I think it's only possible in an environment with close parallel walls, like Fourside, or TCLINK as shown in the video. Essentially, if samus drops a bomb where she could've walljumped away, then right when she comes out of the ball, if she's next to any wall, she can still walljump that direction.

Thanks to everyone for your enthusiastic feedback :)

And I posted another video thread the day before this one in 1v1, if anyone wants to check some of them out:

YouTube: phanna (Samus) vs Duckles (Dr Mario)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Cool tricks, though most of them serve no purpose and/or require stages that are banned in tourneys. lol

DJ Plaform MCing rocks though. Dreamland might take over Stadium as the level to ban vs. Samus.

SamusBsB

Smash Rookie
In the first moments of your Phanna Mint II video you did a similar missile cancel in final destination , but there weren´t any platforms, how did you do that?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
HOLY ****!

need to work on my missiling

samus bsb, that was just platform canceling... there is just regular missile cancelling

Top Bottom