• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I went in for a few seconds and watched ybm (?) play. But streams are always really choppy for me (I think it's my computer), so I left. :( I saw you and FanFan chattin away, though, hehe.

Random, but: @Kenny: I just noticed how creepily large your Charmander avatar's head is...............

No wonder he's tipping over. :urg:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
How about his ***!?
That is one awkwardly sitting Charmander, then. And he's surrounded by darkness..... he doesn't even have ground to sit his *** on.

Nope, not buying it. His head's just too **** big.

It wasn't you KLO!, the stream was just choppy in general. it was decent enough to tell what was going on, but wasn't great.
Oh okay. >< Good to know it wasn't my computer for once.

EDIT: You wrote my name right! =D

bigman40

Smash Master
God, I'm soo ****ing pissed right now. The monthly didn't get a good enough attendance to count, AND I still lose to the same guy in loser finals.

bigman40

Smash Master
That sucks, dude. :(

Who is this guy again? I can always find someone to take him out.
It's Rayku. I'm like ****ing 0 - 10 against in tourney, and for everyone, don't say, "Just beat him." I'm tired of hearing that bull**** as if beating good players is as simple as saying it.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You'll be called Kaylo and you'll like it.
You don't even want to know some of the nicknames I could come up for you. -_-

It's Rayku. I'm like ****ing 0 - 10 against in tourney, and for everyone, don't say, "Just beat him." I'm tired of hearing that bull**** as if beating good players is as simple as saying it.
Show us some vids! We'll come up with a strategy for you to beat him.

Who does he play?

bigman40

Smash Master
Show us some vids! We'll come up with a strategy for you to beat him.

Who does he play?
I don't go Pika vs his Lucario. It's just not a favorable MU for me personally (and I still have lots of ****ing problems with my pika). My only option is to go Yoshi, and he's already a better player than me overall, so it gets dumbly frustrating to play and constantly lose to only him almost every tourney.

bigman40

Smash Master
I don't enjoy D3. I only enjoy playing Yoshi and Pika, and I'm not going to change my lineup. The other characters I like suck compared overall, and they don't help me in terms of MUs.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh man, Lucario's a *****.

That's really all I got for you, lol. There are no good Lucarios around here..... one of my crewmates busts him out in teams sometimes, but doubles is completely different, soooo, yeah.

:(

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

i didnt do very well at the tourney today, there were alot of good ppl there. i didnt even make it outta pools, kinda killed my smash spirit, lol. oh well maybe shld concentarte on more important thinnnngggsssss.

gallax

Smash Hero
today i got to pay with the best lucario there is!!!! lee martin baby. i have only ever played like 1-2 matches with a lucario b4 today too so it was crazy playing against him. lol. id say we were going about even in the end though(after about 4-5 matches). lucario can be tough but he has his openings which i learned through experimenting.

u should do the same bigman. just keep playing and trying different things to see what could and doesnt work. i did exactly that for the first few matches while not caring at all if i lose and by the end of the day i was able to give lee a really good fight and learned the matchup. u really have to try to learn and predict what he is going to do if you want to beat this rayku fellow. im sure by now u r aware of lucarios abilities. if you want to be a better player then sit back and tell yourself this "im doing something wrong. and doing something too predictable. and im not reading my opponent as well as he is reading me." i guarantee you that once you believe this you will start to notice your bad habits and correct them while you are learning how to read people better. predicting rolls and most importantly setting yourself up to punish a mistake. i tell myself this stuff all the time when i lose or come close to losing and everytime i play i get better cuz i realize that i did something wrong and try to correct it(although it usually takes a few matches to break a habit for me)

yesterday i finally beat hungrybox like 10 times in a row in serious matches at winterfest. hungrybox has knocked me out of my last 6-7 tournies and i have a defeated record against him. but now im finally better than him and the table have turned. and let me tell you, it was totally worth the effort and work. i want you to be able to feel the awesomeness of beating your rival.

altairian

Smash Lord
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

i didnt do very well at the tourney today, there were alot of good ppl there. i didnt even make it outta pools, kinda killed my smash spirit, lol. oh well maybe shld concentarte on more important thinnnngggsssss.
Don't get discouraged. It took me like 4 tourneys to even win a game in tourney, and I lost to some pretty terrible people too. But I'm a million times better than I was when I started, and I can feel myself starting to do more and more things right as I keep playing. Just stick with it and make sure you learn as much as you can from your losses and you'll get better before you know it.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Don't get discouraged. It took me like 4 tourneys to even win a game in tourney, and I lost to some pretty terrible people too. But I'm a million times better than I was when I started, and I can feel myself starting to do more and more things right as I keep playing. Just stick with it and make sure you learn as much as you can from your losses and you'll get better before you know it.
Thanks alt, ill try to do that. ima ctually rooming wth haze and hes gonna give me some tips tomorrow morning at friendlies. also Z is suppossed to help me as well. thanks for the encouragment alt!

altairian

Smash Lord
So...I just started playing Twilight Princess cause I got it from gamefly the other day. I'm not a huge Zelda fan but I wanted to give one of the recent versions a shot since the last one I played all the way through was Link to the Past. Well anyways, I got the wii version of it and I was almost instantly annoyed by the fact that it actually had a cursor that was controlled by the motion sensitivity of the wiimote. But whatever, I can deal with that. Then I noticed if I had the wiimote pointed offscreen when I went in to a house or something, it would glitch for a bit and not recognize where the wiimote was pointed (and also it refuses to recognize any button presses when the wiimote isn't pointed on screen). And theeeeen, I got the sword. And it says "just swing your wiimote to swing the sword!". I hoped that I misunderstood what I just read, but sure enough, the way to swing your sword is to swing the wiimote. I turned the game off and I'm putting it back in the mailbox and getting another game from gamefly. Eff that noise, I'll get the gc version sometime where I can push a button to swing my sword like a normal ****ing game -_-

Glad I could help Rai, the community for this game is amazing and you'll find that pretty much all the good players will be willing to give you advice and play friendlies with you to help you improve. Awesome that you're getting pointers from Z, he's a kick *** pika.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've never played the Wii TP because I have the Gamecube one :/

@tourney people: don't worry, you get better by losing to better players, and thinking about why you lost.

@Kaylo: that Kirby got second in the tourney. A Wario named Krystedez got first. He's soo good o_o

I have to go to more tourneys to prove that this Kirby isn't better than me >=(

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
ima ctually rooming wth haze and hes gonna give me some tips tomorrow morning at friendlies. also Z is suppossed to help me as well. thanks for the encouragment alt!
If you got Haze and Z giving you pointers, you got nothing to worry about. Both of them are really good players..... I'm sure they'll be able to help you with a lot of your bad habits/mistakes.

Very few people do well their first few tournies unless they're ridiculously, naturally talented at the game (and even then, most of those people played Melee or some other fighter competitively). It feels good to steadily improve. Don't cop out before you get to appreciate that feeling.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
If you got Haze and Z giving you pointers, you got nothing to worry about. Both of them are really good players..... I'm sure they'll be able to help you with a lot of your bad habits/mistakes.

Very few people do well their first few tournies unless they're ridiculously, naturally talented at the game (and even then, most of those people played Melee or some other fighter competitively). It feels good to steadily improve. Don't cop out before you get to appreciate that feeling.
Thanks KayLo, ill keep that in mind and try to learn as much as i can.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I think you missed the sarcasm. -_-

@Zero: I wanna know how your training sessions with Haze and Z went. =X Make sure to report back!

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I'm sorry I couldn't go to the monthly, but there was honestly nothing I could do. =/

Hehe looks like we're in the same boat my friend.
I myself am about 0-5 vs rayku and I have never taken a game off of him *albeit I have come very close*.
To me it's very depressing and frustrating, but I do know I can beat him. I know I can, and because I know I can I refuse to give up. When I lose to him It's more of a *I'm getting better and I'll get him next time* attitude. When I finally do beat him, It will be very satisfying to me, knowing that no matter how many times he beat me I never gave up. Just work at it, and try to improve your own game, and as you improve wins over good players will come to you.

Isn't Pika vs Lucario much better than Yoshi vs Lucario?

Get a D3 going in that arsenal!
heh

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Man It's so hard to do well your first tournament.
I guarantee you'll see major improvement next time you go to one though.

@KayLo!- Erhmm Azumaril > Ivysaur ;3

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Alby and Karina:

No love for Ivysaur???

;-;

I'd maybe change my avatar if I didn't ****ing love the one I have right now. <333

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I was going to use the Buizel one but the girl looked dumb in it. Also it's still December. I wanna keep my santa hat avy.

Top Bottom