• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
So who won the buy-backs? Hastule, Studly, or Legion?

Man, Hastule if it wasn't for the TV lag, i bet u would've made it to finals, i still want to play you (with a CRT).
Studly, ur Diddy was beast - scared me during the last stock haha (MAIN HIM)
Skirby, Legion, Egan (u even go on here? lol) - nice seeing u guys there.! lol

D

Deleted member

haha yeah i ended up winning the buybacks. and **** that lag on the screen was sooooo annoying. I just tested all the chaingrabs i tried to do to the Yoshi on my tv just now and 0 deathed all of them extremely easily. Im so frustrated lol. But hey,at least i won buybacks so im happy about that. The best part was,because of the round robin i had to win 2 sets against the pokemon trainer,and in the VERY last match i won it with DK!!! lmfao. Im still laughing about that hahaha.

"Lets see here......Ice climbers ice climbers toon link toon link......some more toon link......-oh hey,DK! This character looks like he's fun to use" hahaha

D

Deleted member

hmm,I'm pretty sure there isnt lol. But i could be wrong! Its just ive heard nothing about it.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea i thought so. =(. i wouldn't have gone anyways xD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3ydTB8knJQ&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div
300 smash tutorial. I find it funny.

Btw, for ppl who are confused about Ccounterpick.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

copied from official brawl ruleset http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481. ppl. were confused what the order was at GS. just helpin out.

D

Deleted member

hahaha,both of those videos were awesome.

sigh,im bored.

We should hold our own tournament/crew meetups sometimes,lol.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
It just sucks how far spread apart we all are rofl. Would be nice if all of us were concentrated in the Peoria area tbh, that way maybe smashin' it at Rashad's upgraded to TWO TVs instead of loser out :p

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Def. Peoria is the best place for all of us to get together, definatly Rashads place is the best place to go to since, Studly and Me in elmwood, Hastule and whoever in Pekin, Gooey and Dart in EP, Rashads place is like in the middle of all that, its like the perfect place to hang out smashing ppl (lol). We definately to have more ppl in the smash community of central illinois, introducing them to SWF, etc.

EDIT lol

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lol like 5 ppl from central illinois are on now, me, gooey, hast, studly, etc. Rare

i'm dying to play melee.

D

Deleted member

well im not from pekin,im from tremont. But yeah im really really close to pekin haha.Personally GS is the most convenient for me just cause i could ride my bike to it if i really wanted to hahaha. I only live about 8 or so miles away? And yeah i really wanna have another brawl tourny here soon.

studly

Smash Ace
yeah anthony lol youd think id pick a new main by now lol... saturday i went ganon bowser diddy mario metaknight and fox and as of this moment i am officially maining Diddy kong ... lets see how much better he gets XD

that match fox vs Diddy was awesome... that epic shine stall ftw ... well played

heres the results of the tournament since there was a bracket...i only got the results of the first one and not the buyback

16 entrants
1 vs 1
best of three

1st: Anthony (kirby, D3, Fox)

2nd: Wakka (yoshi)

3rd: Studly (diddy, ganon)
... Hastule (IC's, ToonLink) < won the buyback

4th: Legion (Marth, Falcon)
...Ben (kirby, G&W)
...Sam (?)
...Austin (marth)

i ***** Wakka in the buyback with metaknight and then two stocked his yoshi with ganon and then lost to Hastule when i picked metaknight and then fox XD

@ Hastule ... when do you want to do this crew meetup?? iyou gotta give me a chance to show you meleee cand be fun

and @ everyone who was at the tournament ..... aparently 7 up taunts in a row with mario is the ultimate mindgame

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Sam was either Ike or the Pokemon Trainer ( ithink).

Studly, yea u ***** Wakka, that was a gag. and 7 up taunts with mario? dang lol how can u even do that in a match lol. btw can u post the buyback order too?

Hastule, yea... i knew i was close, and btw meant that Peoria is convienient for all of us here to meet up. and i still want to play ur ICs!!

btw guys, i don't understand what a crew is now. Is it like ppl. from the certain area? or organized group? a gang ( got that fromm google)? lol **** me and this smash slang. Happy Feet.

Skirby

Smash Cadet
So who won the buy-backs? Hastule, Studly, or Legion?

Man, Hastule if it wasn't for the TV lag, i bet u would've made it to finals, i still want to play you (with a CRT).
Studly, ur Diddy was beast - scared me during the last stock haha (MAIN HIM)
Skirby, Legion, Egan (u even go on here? lol) - nice seeing u guys there.! lol
well now i find that offencive XD
jk
im a realllllly casual player so i dont do so good at tournys lol

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
well now i find that offencive XD
jk
im a realllllly casual player so i dont do so good at tournys lol
Dx xD Sorry, I didn't mean it to be. I meant to say: even though i haven't played ur kirby, i know its beast xD.
Legion I know ur marth is beast, u beat me already as D3.
And Egan, i dunno what to say. lol

D

Deleted member

im pretty sure Sam was the pokemon trainer. He's the one that i went against in the finals for the buyback tournament.

Skirby

Smash Cadet
its a beast when im not at turny lol
u should see me play against stud and legion when its just us
haha its like flash ^^

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
An example of a crew would be DBR(Hella, King, Zelgadis, GERM, Silent Spectre, Hylian, Clod Zero, Bob$, etc.)

They're probably a lot closer to each other than us, so that's one thing that makes them a crew I guess. They also all pretty much play the same game, or at least they used to. But yeah, that's basically a crew, hopefully you know who they are so you can get a good idea rofl.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
An example of a crew would be DBR(Hella, King, Zelgadis, GERM, Silent Spectre, Hylian, Clod Zero, Bob$, etc.)

They're probably a lot closer to each other than us, so that's one thing that makes them a crew I guess. They also all pretty much play the same game, or at least they used to. But yeah, that's basically a crew, hopefully you know who they are so you can get a good idea rofl.
Whoa whoa whoa...WHOA.

Why is my name in there?

When did I become a DBR member?

LOL

studly

Smash Ace
Get yo facts straight david lmao...poor hylian .. just poping in on us in time to see your name or what?

and sorry anthony i honestly didnt really pay attention to the buybacks ... but ill give it a shot

i know this much

1st: Hastule (toonlink, DK)

2nd: random pokemon guy

3rd: Legion (Marth, Captain Falcon)

4th: me (metaknight, fox)
... some other people

and thats the best i got... but yeah who takes the buybacks seriously .... i went fox

D

Deleted member

haha,well,saying i went "toonlink,DK" might not be entirely accurate,cause i also went D3 before that for a match,and i also went Ice climbers for a couple matches. But yeah i won the very last set with DK hahahaha

and hi hylian,how did you find this thread lol.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Probably searched his name and found this topic, it's not too hard :p

My bad though, could've sworn it said Hylian on one of the DBR Evolution vids or whatever, guess not XD! Guess I was thinking of just Hella and got two names out of it instead.

D

Deleted member

oh cool,haha. Its nice to know that we have such a successful smash scene here. And i think its growing pretty well.

Skirby

Smash Cadet
lawl.
I think this weekend we should all get together
and play some group/new crew games ^.^

D

Deleted member

sigh,i have ACT's tomorrow,then PSAE the next day haha. It'd be cool if i could come meet up with you guys somewhere but idk if ill feel like doing anything when the time comes,haha.

D

Deleted member

hahaha,my new avatar best describes how i feel about the ACTs.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
LOL, i noticed that. Dude, i have SATs next saturday, and thats in the middle of a three day weekend for me Dx lol

Dart

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!
Gooey and Tom: Thanks guys senior prank was good this year...and thanks for owning my car with the paint jerks :p
anyways....im grounded all this week and my 360 is doing this weird split/double screen thing and it happened after i unplugged it for a while.

D

Deleted member

haha,as far as i know im good for that day. A crew meetup would be awesome haha.

and EP,is your screen grey,displaying 2 different images of your screen?

D

Deleted member

hmm...no idea haha. The only place i can think of would be to rent out GS like AJ said we could. Although idk how many people i could bring though...cause to be honest my group is pretty much all casual that goes to the tournaments except for me and 1 other kid,but that person only plays melee now so eh =| lol. It'd be cool if we could get a 3rd crew to go,to make up for the suckage of mine though lol.

Top Bottom