• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's New Up B - A curse and a blessing?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Actually, I found out that in battlefield, that if you hold forward, you'll just not grab the ledge. Thus hence....being battlefielded....well part of it, xD. I wouldn't say that Peach's recovery was Broken, because it still had it's MANY drawbacks. The broken recovery was Samus'...but we're not here to get into that are we? lol. Anyhow, I think the nerf'd second jump MIGHT be a blessing for us. The Parasol, as stated before will help considerably. I didn't like not having range with that thing and JUST barely missing the edge. If it's stronger.....(Mike G combos anyone? lol) then it'll be a help. And now....to lighten the mood.

(Sorry about this, Ryoko, don't be mad at me. >_>)

LOL RYOKO WEARS A SKIRT!!!

I have seen your other thread about "freeze frames," and none of the reasons listed particularly blew up my skirt. But that's something for another topic.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Hm I do not see why people are worrying. After watching many vids, when Peach parasols she can still let go and fall down faster. [But not as fast as melee] But I don't think it makes a big differance. And considering her parasol goes much higher, thats a big buff.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
technical points aside, i like the new look of the parasol.

only thing i don't like about the new peach from what i saw: the noise she makes when she uses her peach-bomber attack. It IMO is not an improvement.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I wonder why they even included Toad in her moveset for Brawl.....
Tradition, I'm afraid. I would have preferred a replacement for numerous reasons--namely so Toad's chances as a playable character wouldn't have been so strongly damaged--but I guess we just roll with Sakurai's proverbial punches. :ohwell:

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I always liked Toad......Whatre the buffs to it? I forgot...Are there any?....And who knows MAYBE he might change that move with something else.
I think it's executed faster. Someone also mentioned that the knockback is increased (saw it in some vid). But other than that nothing has changed...
Anyone willing to suggest improvements?

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I like how high her parasol takes her in this game, in Melee it doesn't get her very far, so if I'm below the platform trying to recover and I can't use my double jump, I imagine this new Peach Parasol move will help out a lot. ^^;

I LOVE how her Peach Bomber move was revamped, I love the hearts and how much faster it is and such.

Though I imagine her Vegetable move will be a lot less useful this time around... and her Toad move looks like it'll be the same as in Melee... so I'll probably be using her parasol and bomber attacks most... as long as she doesn't fall TOO slowly with the parasol.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
I like how high her parasol takes her in this game, in Melee it doesn't get her very far, so if I'm below the platform trying to recover and I can't use my double jump, I imagine this new Peach Parasol move will help out a lot. ^^;

I LOVE how her Peach Bomber move was revamped, I love the hearts and how much faster it is and such.

Though I imagine her Vegetable move will be a lot less useful this time around... and her Toad move looks like it'll be the same as in Melee... so I'll probably be using her parasol and bomber attacks most... as long as she doesn't fall TOO slowly with the parasol.
I saw her fall at average speed. It isn't bad at all.

Yea, her Peach bomber is going to rock. Much faster! I also believe the Toad has more knockback.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Yeah I saw her fall speed too and didn't think it was that bad, it doesn't look as slow as some people are saying... but I didn't play the game... so maybe I'm wrong.

And yeah I can't wait to finally put the Peach Bomber move to use! It wasn't that great in Melee but in Brawl from what I've read and saw it looks much more effective! ^.^

iron blade

Smash Ace
Peach bomber looks slightly stronger now with less lag afterward. Her double jump did not deserve the nerf that it got. I'm glad that her fsmash got buffed, with a lot of added knockback. It sucks how her dsmash's godly range was significantly decreased though...

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yeah thats kinda funny, her dress is more widder and her Dsmash sucks lol............Hey cant you jump after you air dodge now in Brawl? It would go: double jump> airdodge ( you'll dodge upward because of new physics) > wall bomb(s)> to parasol for recovering.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
I pmed eternal phoenix (he played at e for all) and apparently i dont think you can wall bomb in brawl (he said she just moves against it). The increased range, reduced lag and recoil got me a little too excited before i actually knew everything...

iron blade

Smash Ace
Yeah thats kinda funny, her dress is more widder and her Dsmash sucks lol............Hey cant you jump after you air dodge now in Brawl? It would go: double jump> airdodge ( you'll dodge upward because of new physics) > wall bomb(s)> to parasol for recovering.
Yes, no more free-fall animation after airdoges(!). Hmm... peach suddenly seems to have recovery potential, especially since you grab the ledge no matter which way you're facing now.

Zindura

Smash Cadet
While watching the E4All videos, I noticed something about her Up-B.

It has massive knockback for an Up-B when she opens the parasol.

Like, she got a KO with it on an opponent... and I think they were at 70% or so.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Yea, her parasol has a lot of added knockback on the final hit. It also seems like you land almost all to all of the hits easier, like mario's upb.

Samochan

Smash Master
Lol up b from shield just got a bit more useful if it has actual knockback. xD Albeit the freeze frames make it easy to di the last hit and it goes higher and slower fast fall, meaning easier to punish if avoided. Meh. In vertical recovery they want us to rely more on her parasol, which makes us vulnerable... hmph. I guess that's trying to nerf peach and make her balanced character cause she got many other buffs.

Peach's vertical combo ability and recovery was alreaby bad on ssbm, with the reduce in height on her second jump is just bad for me, cause I love to do uair combos and lots of djc'ing. I could foresee some nasty turnip tricks (stitch->aerial fc->recatch while doing aerial->stitch), but in brawl turnips get way less useful if everyone and their granma accidentally catch stitchfaces when they press a or z button a mile away.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Peach's parasol was always a recovery for me. I would sometimes use it to combo, but niot often. It's not a bad nerf. If it's recovery is better it will help her own as she is heavier now.

Zindura

Smash Cadet
You know, her double jump may not have been really "nerfed".

Peach is a floaty character to begin with, and everyone's floatier in Brawl. This means they won't fall so far below the stage while recovering horizontally. Vertical recovery probably won't be as big a component in this game as in Melee.

iron blade

Smash Ace
This game does seem to be more about horizontal recovery. Melee was mainly focused on vertical recovery because you fell faster.

Top Bottom