• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach upair spike and set ups. (Videos added)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

So when doing dair to uair combos, I noticed sometimes I would spike with the Uair. So I went to training mode and tried to figure out how to do this. After a few attempts, I figured out how it is done. When you do a floating up-air you have to let go of the float. DO NOT try to fast fall. Just let go of the button so you fall. So you can do stuff like:

Floating Dair >release float> upair, grab> dthrow> bair.

You have to be at a specific height to get this out on characters. Have the body of the character leveled with her hand. Then release float to an instant up air.

Around 30% you can get a Dtilt to an uair spike. So:

Dtilt> Float uair> instantly let go of float> Grab > Dthrow>bair

This can work off stage as well if you ever catch them with a floating uair off stage at high %

With Dtilt: https://vine.co/v/OMDwHDu55QE
With Dtilt (half speed): https://vine.co/v/OMDdbL5juZE

Credits to @Peachkid and @Rickerdy-doo-da-day for notice this trick at first and letting the boards know about it. And @an1bal for the vids

Last edited:

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
a video would be great
because that would be a fantastic tool to wield
and I cannot seem to get it down

I've spiked unintentionally once I think
but that was in the first few days I had the game
I've not been able to recreate the event

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
this sounds like shieks uair spike. you start the uair when falling and it will bring the enemy down with you, thats how you get the chaingrab working. Gonna try this tonight.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
Around 30% you can get a Dtilt to an uair spike. So:

Dtilt> Float uair> instantly let go of float> Grab > Dthrow>bair
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch is a genius. I believe this is what he was referring to in this combo. I might be wrong with the float cancel height, I cancel it on the ground, but I think you can cancel a bit higher up and have it flow faster.

Also as a side note, this this a lot more challenging than Sheiks or Dededes uair spikes. At least to me.

Sorry about the TV noise on the background.

Full speed: https://vine.co/v/OMDwHDu55QE

Half speed: https://vine.co/v/OMDdbL5juZE

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The way you did it with the Dtilt was it. I'll add this to the OP. I would have vids of me doing it with a floating there but I have not had a chance to get it recorded. And I can't recorded this on my own. If anyone can pull this off and make a vid for me, that be great. Just give me the credit in the vid.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Actually, if you're going to give people credit, you should probably include @Peachkid on this, as well as @Rickerdy-doo-da-day for making the first thread on this unique application of uair.

It looks like she's trying to swat flies. Or play invisible volleyball.

In yet another botched attempt to remove Float Cancelling, Peach's aerials behave rather peculiar if you perform them whilst Floating and drop the Float before the aerial ends.

Using Fair/Bair results in her body shifting slightly forwards/backwards. This was also present in Brawl (much more noticeable).

For Smash 4's Uair however, if you drop your Float, the rainbow animation disappears but the hitbox is still active. If you drop your Float at the right time, the rainbow doesn't even come out at all and yet the hitbox for Uair is still present.

Does this deserve it's own thread? Probably not but I accidentally did it just now and the sight of Peach frantically waving her arms in the air made me chuckle so I thought I'd share this info.

Does this have any uses? Probably not because the hitbox isn't out long enough for you to apply this in any mindgames.

Peachy.
Another interesting tidbit of a falling uair: If you land before the second hitbox comes out, you generally have enough time to follow up with another move. Be it nair, ftilt, jab, maybe grab. You can also get a dtilt if they have no jump, or if they don't react in time.

Totally off topic, but it's something neat I found while messing around.
Not to discourage discussion and research on this, of course. This is still a very interesting follow-up thread, but there was already a topic on this that could have been built off of.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Actually, if you're going to give people credit, you should probably include @Peachkid on this, as well as @Rickerdy-doo-da-day for making the first thread on this unique application of uair.

Not to discourage discussion and research on this, of course. This is still a very interesting follow-up thread, but there was already a topic on this that could have been built off of.
Guess I was not around for those talks then. Alright. Them noticing this at first and telling people and me figuring it out how its done. i'll give them credit in the OP.

I think I got the timing down with the d tilt, but it will take a lot of practice before I can go this on a opponent who isn't in hitstun.
I think it is best to do it while they are in hit stun. Doing it in any other way ( unless they fall on you while you are ground floating) is harder.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Very nice find! That D-air > U-air combo is a lot of fun to pull off.

Also, while looking for turnip locks, I noticed that Peach can SH > Down-Throw Turnip > U-air > FF > Down-B (throw turnip) > Dash grab / attack > etc on larger characters. It works best around 60-70%.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I am so trying that. Good stuff.

If you can pull off the Dair to upair spike, can you make a vid so I can link it to the OP?

EOE

Smash Apprentice
If you can pull off the Dair to upair spike, can you make a vid so I can link it to the OP?
Sure, I'll do that ASAP.

Right now, I'm pretty sure I've found a turnip lock that works on all characters to guarantee around 80% damage. <3
Testing that on everyone atm.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
Very nice find! That D-air >
Also, while looking for turnip locks, I noticed that Peach can SH > Down-Throw Turnip > U-air > FF > Down-B (throw turnip) > Dash grab / attack > etc on larger characters. It works best around 60-70%.
Right now, I'm pretty sure I've found a turnip lock that works on all characters to guarantee around 80% damage. <3
Testing that on everyone atm.
stop makin me moist

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
A lot of multi-hit moves like Peach's up-air seem to have meteor hitboxes in Sm4sh. See a similar application of Sheik's up-air:

Also sometimes when I try this the opponent is able to roll or jump after the up-air before I can get the grab on them. Maybe that might just be me inputting it too late.

Last edited:

EOE

Smash Apprentice
U-air spike > jab isn't showing up as a true combo.
Can anyone test vs a human player what the opponent's options are out of the U-air spike?

Even if it's not a true combo, the setup is still really strong.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
People can jump out of the spike before you can do anything. This is something to throw them off guard. If they jump you can punish that with a nair. If they block, you can grab them. If they don't you can get something in like a dtilt and respike for another mixup.

Top Bottom