• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Social Thread

Carinca

Smash Rookie
*had to google footstools and AGT*

AGT isn't too hard to do, I just need to practice in order to incorporate it into my game.
Footstools... uhhhh. looks like it would take PRECISE tyming... right? O_O;;

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I am useless at Peach in this game.

My entire Brawl Peach was based around (A) a very, very strong turnip game, including Bonewalking, and (B) spacing with her tiny second jump, and heavily predicated on spacing bair and fair. Wario and Marth were some of my favorite matchups (except for Leon's Marth) because I could space them so effectively with those three tools

For A:
Her turnip game still exists via glide tosses and the new AGT, but Bonewalking and recatching items with attacks and float drop have been removed. I used to frequently short hop while rapidly Z-drop turnips while simultaneously performing an aerial to put up walls of aerials while still holding my turnip. I used to bonewalk and edgecancel my turnip pulls for safety and catch returned turnips by dropping float.

For B:
All of Peach's aerials are dramatically worse in PM than in Brawl. Her bair doesn't move her body half as far and her fair has a tenth of the range (it's inside of her, whereas in Brawl it was way out in front of her and outranged Marth's fair). Since my entire spacing game was about autocancelled fair and bair...argh.

Plus, you can't buffer floats or nairs OOS. I keep grabbing because I hit X+A while holding shield, and it jump cancels a grab instead of nairing.

Argh.

I don't know how to space with her Melee jump and I hate it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you want jumps OOS, you might want to look into using C-stick buffering. That helps a lot of people be flawless with certain OOS stuff involving jumping (the stick will buffer, so you buffer your jump)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
If you want jumps OOS, you might want to look into using C-stick buffering. That helps a lot of people be flawless with certain OOS stuff involving jumping (the stick will buffer, so you buffer your jump)
C stick buffers? That's news to me.
But I most often am trying to nair OOS, and you can't really do that with C-stick :(

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
I am a Houston Peach, looking to prove that I am the best Houston Peach in Project Moustache. I really only have trouble reminding myself that I am Peach, not Doctor Mario. Peach is totally legit in Project Moustache, and is heavily slept on(in more ways than one huehuehue). Some of you may know me from Twitch(I'm SplashLibido), but I am entering WHOBO to prove that I am the best Peach in my house. Shoutouts to Babatunde for inspiring me to main Peach.

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
Is anybody really good at getting AGTs with the wifi set? If so, what's your secret? With peach I can still get them occasionally, and with link pretty much never. I realize there's no c-stick buffering, which I assume is the main issue making it more difficult. However, it's gotta still be possible, right?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
C-stick buffering probably doesn't have much of an impact on AGT. I can AGT just the same offline vs online sets

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
what is the buffer frame window for the c stick? iirc you can do this rolls or a spot dodge too when attacking on shield, which comes very much in handy. i imagine that nair OOS would be quite difficult with this though.

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
C-stick buffering probably doesn't have much of an impact on AGT. I can AGT just the same offline vs online sets
I guess I just suck then, haha. I dunno though, cause I can get it consistently on full set but basically refuse to play those characters on wifi because AGT is such a big part of my neutral game and my failure rate goes up to like 80%+

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I am not so great with any character, but folks, how do YOU play vs Ike? For I seem to fail.

I am so aggressive I fall for every counter and his shffl is killing me quickly.

Like I actually am terrible vs Ike.

Of course I am quite generally fail, but still tossin' this out there folks

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Turnip him until he becomes strictly carnivorous

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Turnip him until he becomes strictly carnivorous
Thing is he watches for my toss and returns it.

You meant what you said

Nobody cares if he caught the last one when the next and the next and the next and the next are coming

And then sword

Hahahahahahah

Last edited:

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
Can Peach do the Brawl B reversals by pressing down B in the air while she's holding a turnip? I can't seem to get it to work. If no, why not? Does anyone know the technical reason? I think it would be invaluable for Peach to be able to do this.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I guess I just suck then, haha. I dunno though, cause I can get it consistently on full set but basically refuse to play those characters on wifi because AGT is such a big part of my neutral game and my failure rate goes up to like 80%+
You don't suck; remember the plebs who watch streams and read here and still don't find out what AGT actually is until earlier today.

Thought it was basically smash throwing from float.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
attention to anyone reading this thread, please lend me your ears...my name is Curtis AKA DJ-Hyrul3 (or Needsmorespin here on the boards) and I have something I wish to say, I've been playing smash for almost 4 years now and its been the most wonderful yet frustrating time of my life, I've done subpar at most tourney's I've gone to and I tend to take my losses too much to heart and constantly berated myself for making mistakes I could easily fix/work around.
I've gone into most of my tourney's saying "I'm going to lose, why am I even doing this, whats the point in trying when I'm just gonna come dead last?" and I started to wonder why I even bothered trying to make it in the competitive scene in the first place, like why try, everyone is always gonna be better then me and I'll always be known as 'that guy who will always place dead last at whatever he does'.
my negative attitude also tended to bring other people around me down as well...then my friend GMaster171 finally gave me a wonderful and much needed pep talk that has started to get me out of my emotional slump.
now what I'd like to request of the people reading this thread is either join me in a Peach Main Skype group or if your in one see if I could join, also I ask that you please don't TL;DR this post because this is really important to me.
Smash isn't easy for me given the fact that I'm Autistic and that tends to damper my mentality ability, Smash is honestly the best thing that has happened to my life and I don't want to drive myself away from that.
I'm asking for help because I do need it because I realize that I'm my own worst enemy and only the help of others will help me get over this gap that is starting to spoil the best thing in my life.
So...to anyone willing to help I appreciate it, hell to anyone who actually took the time to read this whole post...thank you, it means a lot to me, because by just taking the time to listen to what I have to say...you've done me a giant favor.
thank you all for listening to me speak my mind, your all wonderful people and its because of people like my friends, Alex, Gardy, Greg, Saru, Nik and all of you that were willing to hear me out that make all the frustration, self-berating and depression worth it, thanks :)
IDGAF if this is double post

So am I and dude

If you are joining tournaments

You aren't the worst

SSON look ye upon this Alakaslam

You write this what, a year ago?

Here I am I just learned AGT today. TODAY. And I have known it exists and what it is supposed to be for over a month.

Yet here I remain giving it a go and so shall ye, my good man! Yes!

Onward to AS victory XD

Needsmorespin

Smash Cadet
IDGAF if this is double post

So am I and dude

If you are joining tournaments

You aren't the worst

SSON look ye upon this Alakaslam

You write this what, a year ago?

Here I am I just learned AGT today. TODAY. And I have known it exists and what it is supposed to be for over a month.

Yet here I remain giving it a go and so shall ye, my good man! Yes!

Onward to AS victory XD
Wow, I did not think anyone would reply to this, I just placed top 16th (9th at that) at FGX, my first regional tourney so things are going great, best of luck to you as well my friend

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Ooo, a social thread for me to dwell in for a while :D.

Hey other Peaches!

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Ooo, a social thread for me to dwell in for a while :D.

Hey other Peaches!
Wasabi my fellow (wo?)man

I also am fond of the Samus, hyped for this Rosalina (Rosetta & Chiko right up my alley, HIJOLE) thinking even Lucina might be the swordsm-

Ah

Swords woman, that I gain skill as.

And ness YESS

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Wasabi my fellow (wo?)man

I also am fond of the Samus, hyped for this Rosalina (Rosetta & Chiko right up my alley, HIJOLE) thinking even Lucina might be the swordsm-

Ah

Swords woman, that I gain skill as.

And ness YESS
I'm a man :p. Ugh that sounds so weird to me. I'm so used to saying boy, but I'm sort of a few years too old to be calling myself a boy, contrary to my name, O~hohohoho. I am a kid at heart though! You kinda need to have a child's wonderment if you want to be a successful author/artist/anything creative (at least I think...)

DUDE, I'M SO EXCITED FOR ROSALINA! I tried her out at GUTS 3 last weekend, and she looks so deep, Like giant community pool with tall diving boards deep. Lucina is also a lot of fun. :>

Hey there <3

Last edited:

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I'm a man :p. Ugh that sounds so weird to me. I'm so used to saying boy, but I'm sort of a few years too old to be calling myself a boy, contrary to my name, O~hohohoho. I am a kid at heart though! You kinda need to have a child's wonderment if you want to be a successful author/artist/anything creative (at least I think...)

DUDE, I'M SO EXCITED FOR ROSALINA! I tried her out at GUTS 3 last weekend, and she looks so deep, Like giant community pool with tall diving boards deep. Lucina is also a lot of fun. :>

Hey there <3
Deeper

Marianas trench

Last edited:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Welp I didn't do so hot at Tipped Off 10 with Peach. I felt very not in control with Peach. I seriously think it might have been my controller because my grab button did not work well & I felt so off. My mindset was also very poor.

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
I am not so great with any character, but folks, how do YOU play vs Ike? For I seem to fail.

I am so aggressive I fall for every counter and his shffl is killing me quickly.

Like I actually am terrible vs Ike.

Of course I am quite generally fail, but still tossin' this out there folks

From all the sword characters, he is the most manageable.
He doesn't have those insane long range priority aerials like Marth or Link and most of the time, he will charge to you. Also, despite seeming really fast, he is really slow and punishable if he whiffs something.

Usually I just play around neutral, covering space with turnips and cornering him so he has to approach me or suffer the booty edgeguard, then I just throw a high priority move (dash attack or low bair) into his QD and start the combos.

I wish I had footage from some friendlies that I played with Ally in our weekly, too bad I never face him in bracket or we meet each other there/

Top Bottom