• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach is incredibly underrated

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Unrelated crap
...what???? I specifically highlighted you saying 'I use her jump like that'. I know Azen uses Peach, nowhere did I give ANY idea that I didn't believe Azen didn't use her. I was talking specifically about her 2nd jump, which is why I quoted ONLY that part

Game Over...good thing I have continues and plenty of them...

Villi, that's not really what I meant...I'm talking about delayed use of the 2nd jump

For example, let's say Peach has knocked someone down onto the ground and they haven't teched. Peach doesn't have her Float left but she does still have her second jump. She's falling beside them. Her opponent, think Peach is going to try and hit him, initiates a get up attack when Peach is nearby

Chances are, Peach will get hit because of the invincibilty frames her opponent has. But if she baits this reaction using her 2nd jump...she can punish this get up attack instead of blindy charging into it

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9Azp86S_Mvc&feature=related

This is another good one

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_M9ZMqCRI7M

0:56 is a decentish example

I don't want to sound like I'm telling people how to play Peach but I honestly think that if this is used more, it could help. It's not going to make her top tier but I reckon it helps

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RLL-_aeRa28

This is probably my best example. It's an old video but it will do. Look at 1:50. I use Peach's 2nd jump to jump out of the way of DeDeDe's grab. Chances are it probably would have missed anyway because I wasn't close enough for him to grab me, but the principle is the same

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I am aware of what my enemy can do. I know Peach in and out. I breath this character. Why do people compare her with match ups and then be like she is just bad cause of them. Again, her match ups are not even domination with high tiers. "what Peach vs G&W, that is so bad for her, man she sucks" That's how people sound to me right now. With all the stuff I know about Peach and what after azen did to get second with her at the east coast regional finals, Peach is a good character.

And yea I use her jump like that.
you say....

Vids or it didn't happen ;)
I says...

Singles:

1 - M2K (MK)
2 - Azen (Peach/Pit/Fox/DDD/Luigi) Peach was used 80% of the time.
3 - Ally (snake)
4 - Boss (luigi/mario)
5 - Inui (mk/snake)
5 - Atomsk (ddd)
7 - OBM (gw)
7 - Blackwaltz (olimar)
9 - Ninjalink (diddy/pit/rob)
9 - Snakeee (zss)
9 - Holy (rob)
9 - D1 (falco/snake/ddd?)
13 - dmbrandon (SUPERKNIGHT!!)
13 - Starzonedge (olimar)
13 - Slikvik (gw/peach/wario)
13 - Buuman (ddd)
17 - Pyronic Star (olimar)
17 - Ether (snake) (although he didn't get to play starzonedge, someone entered a result win for starz and they never played, so maybe he woulda placed higher, sorry man)
17 - Fizzi (snake/ddd)
17 - Rhyme (mk)
17 - Niko_K (peach)
17 - Dark Pch (peach)
17 - Supersayianrenan (peach)
17 - PRiDE (yoshi)
25 - Solid Jake (snake, but didn't play)
25 - Sin (lucario mostly, but forfeited so boss could enter)
25 - Noraa (icies?)
25 - Deez (diddy, but i think forfeited some matches)
25 - Silven (?)
25 - Kevin (marth)
25 - Zaf (mk?)
25 - Doom (?)
33 - Icylight
34 - Sion
34 - Mini
34 - C.Awesum
34 - Vulcan
38 - Kippy
38 - Dothack

I was there, you wasnt. I saw his matches, like everyone else that was there, you didn't. Everyone knows that azen went mostly peach at the finals. Why you think that thread about azen was made a month ago about azen getting second with Peach? And azen only has a vid Vs Me from that tournament as Peach.

Game over.
I'm talking about azen and his Peach. Not her second jump.......

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
...No...

I specifically quoted this part of your post

And yea I use her jump like that.
The part about Azen was nowhere to be seen in that post

Now, in a jokey manner, I replied to that section

Vids or it didn't happen ;)
And to emphasise this, I'm going to say it again - I specifically quoted only that part of your post

I barely even glanced at the part about Azen

...Now my explanation on her 2nd jump has disappeared ><

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I think a popular trick with Peach's secondary jump is that the enemy is too precise in their attacks. Peach's secondary jump gives her altitude about maybe 3/4 of her character height, and maybe 1 1/2 character length, but that's good enough when spacing since enemies get too accurate in their attacks that Peach's second jump just avoids the attack, and leaves room to counter attack.

Top Bottom