• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach fighting styles, Like Mike G, Dark.Pch, Mikael, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
I have been watching alot of Peach players to improve my game. And I noticed there are Peaches that play the same, and then thier are those that just have thier own thing. Now I want to know which styles you think is best or more sutible for tournaments. Not sure if it makes sense but I guess its like Pick a style you like and why. To me I like Mike G cause he is all out. Wont let you breath and is too freaking fast with a somewhat slow character. I also grew on to Dark.Pch Cause his is kinda weird. And he uses his Up-B alot with his style. and kick azz with it. and the upsmash. Too good. Hard to pin point how he fights at times. And mikael, I like him alot. Seems like he is more brains than anything else. Like can read people like a book. Kei as well but more creative. He has a sick turnip game.

So what you guys think about this. And are there anymore styles out there that seems to work for one person or one a player created to suit his taste? By the way, this is my opion so no flamming here.

Edit- I thought I makea list of the plays in my opinion. You guys can do the same with your post if ya want.

My favorites:

Mike G- Allout speed style of Play

Dark.Pch- Weird and as he says, ******** with random tactics and mixed with the Up-B and upsmash

Mikael- Brains and the observant type.

Kei- Same as mikael but with a sick turnip game. Creative Type of player

PC chris- I heard he plays her just like he does fox. Very speedy!

Azen - Cant say what his is, but his is something I have not seen in other players

trademark0013

Smash Champion
it doesnt matter which style one prefers because all of these peaches are known for being great and they all play different.

as for me, i prefer the one guy u left out: vidjo. very patient. i try to play like him, but with more turnips. mainly cuz my float cancel game sux right now.

u left out some peaches too in ur list :)

Me14k

Smash Lord
No xif? indisputably the fastest peach.

Pretty much thse are the peach play styles(not including drk peach's upsmash and upb spamming which accomplishes nothing.):

1. Insta float nair combos (xif)
2. Reading the opponent and float canceling bairs accordingly. (vidjo)
3. Turnip spam (Light)
4. stay in float and aerial. (I notice alot of new peaches doing this)

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much thse are the peach play styles(not including drk peach's upsmash and upb spamming which accomplishes nothing.):
Spamming?

WTF? Dude, I dont know what you been watching but that **** works the way he uses it. And I seen him get many kills off of his Upsmash. Yea he messes up at times but about 80% of the time it connects. and i stating the way he plays. I like it. One does not have to be pro and stuff to be seen as a good player. And I stated Mike G cause He is fast...........like XIF, they play the same to me, but since Mike G did it first I stated his name and not XIF

Me14k

Smash Lord
Spamming?

WTF? Dude, I dont know what you been watching but that **** works the way he uses it. And I seen him get many kills off of his Upsmash. Yea he messes up at times but about 80% of the time it connects.
If he would Dsmash it wouuld work 100% of the time. He Umbrellas at high percent to non fast fallers. And this is not including a combo finisher.

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
I dont see pro players spamming Dsmash. And why would he do that when the player is over your head. As he said in other threads, he uses it as a quick attack and to break free. also with Combos.Thats he cant get an Up-air in at times

Me14k

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68uNGEnGmO4

0:35-43 could have naired or baired. more damage.

1:04-DJC to upB.

Must I say anymore about umbrella abuse?

UpB is not that quick..6 frames. Dsmash is 4 frames. in air nair has 5 frames to comeout. I dont see where umbrella will help you to get out of comboes other than to change your location quickly which he doesnt do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucul2RYVNSs
1:30 20% uthrow to usmash? doesnt work even with no DI...only works at about 70% with no DI

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
The Guy does connect with it, ever thought there is a reason he would Up-B instead of doing up airs and all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOOrneoqDEI

Look at the first 2 mins of the vid and how he used the UP-B in the combo video. I see nothing but be wise and creative, and the first Peach I seen use it like that and well.

and if all Peachs play like that, dont you think they get predictable? if everything leads to a Dsmash, im use players can bait the attack and then go in for the kill. And I seen pros not spam the move, so they are not good then?

Me14k

Smash Lord
first i find it very amusing that in response to my real game scenarios you quote a combo video. Why dont i just get a taj m2 combo vid an say m2 is top tier?

everyone knows the peach is going to dsmash after a float cancel to the sheild. nothing for the other person to good so predictability doesnt matter after the fc.

All peaches spam dsmash. link me to a video of a peach that doesnt use dsmash.

And the definition of spam= a move used very frequently.

Peach's dsmash is definitly the most used character specific smash along with marth/roy's fsmash

-and hella ***** with umbrella.

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
first i find it very amusing that in response to my real game scenarios you quote a combo video. Why dont i just get a taj m2 combo vid an say m2 is top tier?

everyone knows the peach is going to dsmash after a float cancel to the sheild. nothing for the other person to good so predictability doesnt matter after the fc.

All peaches spam dsmash. link me to a video of a peach that doesnt use dsmash.

And the definition of spam= a move used very frequently.

Peach's dsmash is definitly the most used character specific smash along with marth/roy's fsmash

-and hella ***** with umbrella.
The combo video are all from real fights. you want all of them within the first 2 mins of the combo video? when this is easier? -____- '

And him vs Falco was a lame excuse, that video is like a year old. he is much better than that now. -___-

Big Rick, Yea that guy is good with it. He reacts fast after he does it. well, then I'll say Dark.Pch is second best in my Book.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Combo videos are small segments from real games, yes. But how many hours of gameplay are these segments from? 20 minutes of recorded game play? an hour? 10 hours? the worst person on the planet could make themselves look pro with a ton of hours put into combo video.

and the falco example is a fine example..he didnt go for the chain grab against a falco at 25%..he went for upsmash. Even if upsmash hit (imposible) it would have put the falco at 39% and ended any combo plausibility...chain grab could have brought him to 33% then maybe a upthrow nair..42%. then simple edge guarding leads to kill.

Me ftw.

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
Combo videos are small segments from real games, yes. But how many hours of gameplay are these segments from? 20 minutes of recorded game play? an hour? 10 hours? the worst person on the planet could make themselves look pro with a ton of hours put into combo video.

and the falco example is a fine example..he didnt go for the chain grab against a falco at 25%..he went for upsmash. Even if upsmash hit (imposible) it would have put the falco at 39% and ended any combo plausibility...chain grab could have brought him to 33% then maybe a upthrow nair..42%. then simple edge guarding leads to kill.

Me ftw.

Dude, My point is his up-B game, not him looking flashy. I know anyone can look good in combo videos. Im talking about ONE thing. the UP-B out of 100's things that go on in the video.

And that video is old. Those were his early years, dont you think he might have not know how to really fight? Compare that to now. He hardly FC in this video. come on........

Me14k

Smash Lord
Dude, My point is his up-B game, not him looking flashy. I know anyone can look good in combo videos. Im talking about ONE thing. the UP-B out of 100's things that go on in the video.
he considers hitting with the up b and getting multiple hits with it (for a total of 11% or so damage to be a combo. And he definitly has you in awe because of flashyness..his umbrella leads to nothing so its not a strong spot in his game...u like drk pch because u find the umbrella to be flashy.

And that video is old. Those were his early years, dont you think he might have not know how to really fight? Compare that to now. He hardly FC in this video. come on........
I agree, he doesnt know how to use peach, he spams umbrella back then too.

And he hardly FC because he is busy sheild grabbing a falco that fails at l canceling and because he is busy using umbrella.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Why my name be in here, put up pros and such, not players below that. Nothing special there.

And that vid is old where I knew little of Peach. You could have showed a better one. Not much can be proven of a video of a newbie

And I play creative. Thats why I use it in the ways I do, also to break free and get space. I like to play this way cause its more fun. I also use it with Both Marios and Roy. I really dont care anymore about winning or loseing or impressing people. Its over with. I just play to play now. Impressing people does not really work nor help me. so I play the way I want. And we will leave it at that.

Me14k

Smash Lord

And that vid is old where I knew little of Peach. You could have showed a better one. Not much can be proven of a video of a newbie

I also use it with Both Marios and Roy.
1. you are still a newbie peach.

2.hikarui for you to agree with drkpch's upbing with p[each u must agree with it for mario.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
I like the way hella uses peach i use wavedashing a lot in mind games and the all out style that mike G uses is really good. i think that the up smash is a great move but under used

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
1. you are still a newbie peach.

2.hikarui for you to agree with drkpch's upbing with p[each u must agree with it for mario.

WTF? Hold up, and just what the hell do you do huh, I look your Peach up, Your not all that and a bag of chips. and you have some nerve to say that. I dont hear from you going into big tournaments and such. and now you say he does not know how to use Peach? He won a tournament a while back in a college. One of the local tournaments that they have every friday in N.Y he ranked 5th out of 30 or 28 players. And he is usually in the top ten. and N.Y has beast players when it comes to smash. He beat 4 DA members, Raffy, Ron, Dire and kubuu. And when mike G came to N.Y for a local tournament. He fought Dark.Pch First Match Dark.Pch lost by ONE stock., second Match was was by 2. He went even with Mike G

And you have the nerve to say that? Your crazy. And I like Dark for more then his Up-B game. The way he plays, the way he does not give up even if he has his drama days around here. and he tries really hard. No matter how many times he falls. Dude gets right back up, your not keeping him down. I bet you $100 that he kick your wack azz in a fight anyday of the week. You speak like you know everything. Call me a fan boy, or w/e. Dont Care, he is one of my favorite players just like Mike G, XIF, Mikael and Vidjo.

Me14k

Smash Lord
My peach does not represent WHATSOEVER my peach in those vids. they were pre tournys for me.

Peach dittoes dont take skill..who ever dsmashs more wins.

And if you wanna take that bet, pay for me to go to new york and ill take your money.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Wasn't this topic about peach fighting styles and not how good or bad Dark.pch is? <_>
Yes, I guess this thread will be locked soon.

Anyways hikearoofie, i just now understand why u like darkpch..u came to smashboards wanting to know how to use umbrella (please go to the thread and see date of your post):

Is it good then just to recover? Can it be used for other good things? I wanna know and maybe add it into my game. What other stuff can this move be good for?
And a question:

Why do you, for the most part, post exclusivly in drk pch threads? gay fetish?

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
My peach does not represent WHATSOEVER my peach in those vids. they were pre tournys for me.

Peach dittoes dont take skill..who ever dsmashs more wins.

And if you wanna take that bet, pay for me to go to new york and ill take your money.

No Johns! sorry but your post is invalid. You talk all that talk cause your far away and cant play him. that what alot of people do around this site. You suck. do what he did in the things I stated. Then come back to me. until then, no johns!

Samochan- Yea and we kinda are. But someone wants to be an a-hole for no damm reason. might want some attention or something. Big rick did not so call agree with DarK.Pch' s game in all, he just said hella's was better. But this loser wants to take it to a whole nother level.

Me14k

Smash Lord
No Johns! sorry but your post is invalid. You talk all that talk cause your far away and cant play him. that what alot of people do around this site. You suck. do what he did in the things I stated. Then come back to me. until then, no johns!
I think i have a valid john...i dont want to spend a over $500 bucks to play someone in smash to prove a point.

"do what he did in the things i stated"-whats that mean?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
OMG, enough and get on topic please. I.......DONT.........CARE!

If Me14k wishes to say what he wants let him. Nothing can be proven till he plays me.

He can think what he wants. You really think I care what one says miles away from me? its people around here that I would worry about, not him. I was at the zenith Yesterday. And I played alot of people and got good comments. I lasted 5 battles. And when bum first saw me, he said keeping doing your thing like you did to me at the last weeklie when I gave him a ruff time first match where I nearly won. Where im at now is where it counts. Not what some loser says miles away. let him come and play me if Im an easy target. i been through this many times before, and ended up shutting people up. I shut down 2 losers yesterday cause on the boards they were talking like this one. Kick both thier azzes and now they took back all that they said. So 14 boy. till the day you play me, go on with your talk and insults. and I have no clue why your being this way anyway. I have not known a rude back stabber in such a long time. where have you been hiding?

Now enough with this loser and get back to topic or I'll report this thread and request to have it closed. keep my name out your mouth unless its dealing with the topic without stupid azz posts. Thank you and good day.

Me14k

Smash Lord
dark i dont insult you, i simply say that a peach shouldnt upb spam and upsmash as much as u do.

Just like people say masashi should short hop and aniki should wavedash.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
OMG, enough and get on topic please. I.......DONT.........CARE!

If Me14k wishes to say what he wants let him. Nothing can be proven till he plays me.

He can think what he wants. You really think I care what one says miles away from me? its people around here that I would worry about, not him. I was at the zenith Yesterday. And I played alot of people and got good comments. I lasted 5 battles. And when bum first saw me, he said keeping doing your thing like you did to me at the last weeklie when I gave him a ruff time first match where I nearly won. Where im at now is where it counts. Not what some loser says miles away. let him come and play me if Im an easy target. i been through this many times before, and ended up shutting people up. I shut down 2 losers yesterday cause on the boards they were talking like this one. Kick both thier azzes and now they took back all that they said. So 14 boy. till the day you play me, go on with your talk and insults. and I have no clue why your being this way anyway. I have not known a rude back stabber in such a long time. where have you been hiding?

Now enough with this loser and get back to topic or I'll report this thread and request to have it closed. keep my name out your mouth unless its dealing with the topic without stupid azz posts. Thank you and good day.

Yeah Hikauri, this is suppose to be a thread talking about styles, not if Dark Pch's upB tactics are effective or not

--------------------------------

To seperate from that post,

I like Mike G's style. agressivly fast and smart. But I also like Vidjo's style too.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
*i skipped the 2nd page. sorry if i said something that was stated*

neways, who cares about upsmash and upB? if he wants to use them, let him. i use upB more now after watching vids of him and hella and i find them pretty effective.

as for the playing styles aka being on topic, i have to check ou some more of kei's vids after i finish hw. u sadi he had a sick turnip game? i could learn from him then

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
what's in the water that's tricking these people into thinking dark pch is good or something??
nothing against him but c'mon. putting his name with those others? thats like saying the 3 greatest people in the world are jesus God and the easter bunny... wtf?
Please. Drop it. We was just done with it. Let's not add anymore fire where it's already been put out. Please?

Now...what kind of style Cort uses? It's hard to tell. I think he's technicall.

UnChienAndalousa

Smash Apprentice
Like I said earlier, he's just a victim of its own fame...

And Vidjo/Mikael are my favorite peaches. If you look at them play, you'll notice that they're always using the right move at the right time.

Also theyre the best.
Yup. Though Vidjo's playing Marth these days. He admits that Peach isn't as good as certain other characters. :ohwell:

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Please. Drop it. We was just done with it. Let's not add anymore fire where it's already been put out. Please?

Now...what kind of style Cort uses? It's hard to tell. I think he's technicall.
yea seriously. stfu

corts peach is overall beast and he knows matchups very well. he nairs out of sheild a lot. hes more agreesive than defensive.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Dark.Pch is really popular because he has a lot of vids out there... it's not because ppl are stupid.

Dark.Pch demonstrates enough skill in his vids to impress newbies, so if there's plenty of vids showing him winning often it's kinda normal that ppl will think that he's very very good.

On the other hand, a very good player like Wolf isn't very much talked about because he loses in most of his vids. However, he is only losing to people like Hugs and Ken...

It's all psychology.

EDIT: And I think that some NY ppl are overrating themselves. Hikarui is probably from there.

Also, remember the top 10 peaches list?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
EDIT: And I think that some NY ppl are overrating themselves. Hikarui is probably from there.

Also, remember the top 10 peaches list?
I'm pretty sure Hikarui is not there. I would hear him :p

Also, the guy that made the top 10 Peach list...nah, I can't really vouch for that. For all I know it could be his opinon :p

I don't think anyone in NY overrates themselves. It's pretty much their friends that's doing the overrating/overreacting thing.

And, I'm from New York. One of the best states to live in :p

But in anycase, I understand what you're saying Bigrick

It's just....psychology. I just hope Dark Pch. gets looked at in a better angle someday...=/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom