• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Buffs in lastest Smash update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Here is a video I made about some of Peaches Buffs in the latest smash update. So far from what I noticed:

- Fair slightly Faster
- Upsmash seems to end sooner and safe on shield.
- Turnips push opponents back on shield.
- Turnips on hit bounce towards you.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Yea that Fair is faster, btw can you explain frame trap to me? I'm a little new to that and from this video, you can auto cancel Fair when used in a short hop? Huh, I wonder what the timing was

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
A sequence of attacks designed to make the opponent think they have a good chance to attack, when they are actually in a poor position to attack.

Arsenal1x

Smash Rookie
NNID
Arsenal1x
I feel like her turnips move a bit quicker too. And maybe a bit better recovery for her full animation bair. But overall, these changes are nice.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
- Sheik's back aerial nerfed.
- Sonic's back throw nerfed.
- Diddy Kong's "Hoo-Hah" nerfed.

Our worst match-ups being nerfed is a blessing from Sakurai. <3 Peach is definitively stronger in 1.0.6!

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to say it but you're incorrect nothing has changed, i just tested this per and post patch on the bright side she wasn't nerfed

Last edited:

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
Wow, these buffs look awesome! A faster fair and improved turnip game will definitely aid us a lot. The future is looking peachy!:4peach:

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
None of these are true lmao

Peach is unchanged.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yep the turnip rebound was just placebo.

Bouncing depends on where it hits the target.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Can someone re check the turnip thing? I think fair and up smash are still the same. Usmash was difficult to punish before the patch.
Edit:nvm about the turnips i saw the vid. At least we got indirect buffs by other characters getting nerfed.

Last edited:

Casual Souls

Smash Rookie
Ah well it was nice to think that Peach had been directly buffed.

At least the Sheik and Diddy nerfs make things easier.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I may have found a nerf ):

I don't know if anyone else used this mind game but I used to pluck turnips (then hold the attack button) and use a smash attack. In the previous update Peach would still hold the turnip and be allowed to do a smash attack (you could do this in Brawl as well) but now she throws the turnip.

Bye, mindgame. ):

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Yeah I saw that video and got hyped, then I tried her out in training mode and im like this ***** is the same lol. But something weird did happen to be when I got an umbrella kill on someone... twice. Its definitely something thats never happened to be before, but maybe I just got extremely lucky these both times. But the umbrella final hit either missed or had basically Brawl's umbrella knockback, but because of the low knockback it comboed into the umbrella top and killed that way. I was like wtf, then again those are the only two times ive used it since the patch. Anyone else experience this or am i trippin.

and yeah i know its a parasol but w/e.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I played around with the move and I did not get this problem. It might have something to do with DI.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC

Perhaps I am wrong, but I believe the damage output on this turnip (wink-face) went down from 14% to 11%.
I brought this to training, and always give 11% on a dash-toss.

Last edited:

Jarb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4897-6167-0433

Perhaps I am wrong, but I believe the damage output on this turnip (wink-face) went down from 14% to 11%.
I brought this to training, and always give 11% on a dash-toss.
Turnip damage is dependent on proximity. I can't entirely deny any mechanical changes, but I just checked and a dash throw at point blank range can deal 15% with a winking turnip.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Um, when do you auto cancel fair?
I tried it online and it mostly made me suffer the lag, but in the video you literally auto canceled it after every short hop, which is what I did, but it's not helping much.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
jump and hit forward a at the same time. i usually use cstick for aerials, but when i need the autocancel i can only do it with the control stick + a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom