• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach as a Team player

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I know Peach is a pretty good character to use in singles. But, as a team player, which I'm kinda clueless of, What does or what should a Peach do once she has a teamate?

I know she's a supportive character in teams, but I just wanna know how supportive she is and how realiable she could be in team play? Can she help Captain Falcon with his recovery? Could she **** just as good as Marth? How good does she cover weaknesses. I need to know. ><

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It depends on who you are teamed with. Me and Jash teamed once before and got 4th at a weeklie. He had each others back with weapons and turnips. It was hard for people to get close to us withought racking like 30-40% of damage.

Different tactics depend on character Peach is teamed with. For me I do well when Teamed with Y.Link (duh) Zelda, and Peach

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Peach is better as a support char in teams, that's why it's recommended to team up with another character that has good KO ability (Fox/Peach is awesome, Peach/Marth is also good... try avoiding Peach/Sheik or Peach/Samus).

Peach is very good at punishing techs and rolls, thus making your partner's tech chasing much more easier.

I usually play defenisively in my matchup as I try to sandwich my partner's opponent.

My usual strategy is to let my partner fight the character that has more chances to die, while I fight the other one.

I often harass my non-designated character with a quick bair/nair/turnip if he has the upper hand on my partner or if he's close. I simply dsmash if he techs/roll in my way... It's also very annoying to stand on a platform and downsmash in order to punish jumps.

So basically, I let my friend focus on one guy while I pressure both opponents at the same time.

For edgeguarding, you should let your partner do the edgehogging and cover the edge. Peach is better as a support edgeguarder with her turnips and her floating aerials... control space.

EDIT: Well you could also act as an agressor, but since Peach kills slowly outside of gimping it's more risky cause you will get your opponent's teammate on your back.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I see, but how effective can Peach be if she was teamed with a low to bottom tier character? And who are good characters to team with in those tiers?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I see, but how effective can Peach be if she was teamed with a low to bottom tier character? And who are good characters to team with in those tiers?
Me and NinjaLink went Peach and Zelda and owned. It's all about brains. If I team with bowser. I have to have his back all the time. Bowser cant hold his ground alone. If teamed with Marth I assume he would have to have my back. whatever it calls for know your characters(s) and play it smart.

BigRick

Smash Master
Teaming with low/bottom tier?

Well Peach keeps her effectiveness as a support char but the team automatically loses KO power since low tiers usually have a harder time killing ppl off.

Low tiers in teams fare better as support chars, so Peach could try being the agressor but she's not the best at it.

Or you could go with the dbl-support type team trying to maintain momemtum but then again this type of team is usually better on smaller levels and you really need to have have good synergy and skills to take out a more balanced team or a power-based team.

So yea, a char with KO ability would do better when teamed up with low tiers IMO.

Best low-tier teammate IMO would be Link

BigRick

Smash Master
A new post because I want to point something else out.

Peach's amazing recovery makes her really hard to kill, which is further increased by the team setting. This makes her a very good tank... and she makes it back to the stage faster than Samus.

This is also why it's important to have a KO guy on your team because Peach has a harder time killing Peach, Samus, Ganon, etc.

Also, reaching high %s will usually annoy the **** out of your opponents and they will try to dbl-team you... which is kinda what you wanted in the first place because it gives more room for your partner to deal damage. Peach has the ability to deal with multiple opponents at the same time, so play it safe and let your partner clean house!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Teaming with low/bottom tier?

Well Peach keeps her effectiveness as a support char but the team automatically loses KO power since low tiers usually have a harder time killing ppl off.

Low tiers in teams fare better as support chars, so Peach could try being the agressor but she's not the best at it.

Or you could go with the dbl-support type team trying to maintain momemtum but then again this type of team is usually better on smaller levels and you really need to have have good synergy and skills to take out a more balanced team or a power-based team.

So yea, a char with KO ability would do better when teamed up with low tiers IMO.

Best low-tier teammate IMO would be Link
I see, so will her weakness be a bit more of a issue or less? And I'm talking about teams in general.

BigRick

Smash Master
I see, so will her weakness be a bit more of a issue or less? And I'm talking about teams in general.
No. Peach is already a good char... arguably 5 or 6th in the game and some of her weaknesses (lack of range, average combo ability, slow speed, ease of being comboed) are less of an issue in a team setting.

Her lack of good KO move hurts her, but like ppl said earlier this can easily be addressed by teaming up with a char that can KO very well.

That's the point of a team... you try to compliment each other.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
what he said. i cant believe this is actually being discussed. its common knowledge...
Meh, gimme a break. Guess it isn't common knolege with me. I only teamed with someone once in a tourtument and that was sometime last year

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
lol it looks like you guys got *****
Yeah :p

I had my Peach and he had Pikachu. Our team name was epic. We were known as 'Those Black B@stards' XD

The name mainly came from his tag name, Yellow Rat B@stard (YRB/Yellow Rat for shot). And that we were both black lol

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Peach is good in teams, but you need to have the right partner, like with any team combination. Not necessarily the right character partnered with you, but the right playstyle as well...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alright, so two questions.

1) Who are the best teams for Peach?

2) Does she always have to be the tank?

Samochan

Smash Master
Alright, so two questions.

1) Who are the best teams for Peach?

2) Does she always have to be the tank?

1. Fox is the best team partner for peach, hands down. Ganondorf does good with peach with that much KO power, sheik and marth are decent with peach, falco is pretty good with peach since you can control ground along with air now and double-projectiles ftw. Also some more KO power for the team. Double-peach is fun, link and young link add to the projectile mayhem but link can throw further and has more KO power than YL. Oh and Falcon is pretty amazing with peach, almost forgot him. Adds some serious KO power there and lives longer if partner can assist. Samus can do decent with peach since both have good recoveries and can live long + double projectiles, but samus' recovery is slow and she's a support char as well and doesn't add much KO power either.

Fox/Falcon/Ganon/Falco Peach/sheik Marth/ Link imo and maybe someone else I've forgotten...

2. Peach is better suited as a tank than an attacking character in teams and she pairs very well with a fast attacking character due to her own strenghts and weaknesses. In peach dittos though other can be the tank and other can be the approacher. Since peach has a very good recovery, it's inevitable that she always has some role as a tank and her best teammates are usually not really tankish, excluding ganondorf who gains lots of bonuses in teams.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Deal a lot of damage.

Don't die.

Support your partner.
If he tries to get more specific then he will essentially be telling you what to do. You never want that, you want people to say what your doing wrong. You learn much better that way.

Everyone covered pretty much everything, you just need to apply it the way you think would be best then work from there to perfect it. Nothing is as easy as "do this and that". Depends on what your up against.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
really depends on your teammate...

Me and Green Mario I'm generally the more aggro player, and he conserves stock, simply because I can kill and deal more damage better. Mario is a really good support for peach though cause his hits and combos just seem to set up for just about anything.

But you cant just give a character an equation for teams and expect it to work always. More than anything its you and your teams partner working harmoniously.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
lol I know what you mean, I team up with a Luigi. I'm quite confortable with it since the Luigi does well with KOs and stuff.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Sorry for stealin' your thread, but...

One time was surfing youtube for some really good team videos, and I came across one great one. Forgot the name, it was late, why do you think I was using youtube >.<. Anyways, one team had a really unique stratagy. It was a fox and a samus, and when the fox got knocked to far to recover, the samus would go out, drop and bomb, and grapple the stage. The fox would firefox into the bomb, and start another firefox, it killed his stun. They would both recover at the same time, so they were very hard to edgeguard without the other team hitting his/her teammate.

To the point >_<

Does peach have anything like that, to save a fox or maybe a falco from certain doom? Could she float out and u-air them, or maybe float out and parasol him to safety? I am asking because I really don't have a main, any my partner for tournies is a really aggro falco...

TY for all advice.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Peach CAN do this, it's possible. But Jiggs and Samus are better at this time of ****, maybe even a bit of Sheik but where those needles can be used depend on the circumstances of the match. Overall Peach is decent at this but go to Jiggs, Samus and even Marth isn't bad for that. But we're just talking about life saving.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Sorry for stealin' your thread, but...
You can't really steal a thread, but I know what you mean. :p Don't worry, everyone can post about their Peach team critique. I just needed to really know because I don't usually team exept in friendlies (which I felt I kinda failed Vanz at Zenith X_X )

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
KK, Well, I really didn't want to make a new one for something like that, just a quick question...

I never really though of d-air, it really just goes against my smash instinct to D-air a recovering teammate >_<;; I used to play a lot of marth/falco...

Anyways, thanks for the help, my jiggs/samus is TERRIBLE, so I might just go marth..

I really don't do many doubles, they are mostly for fun.. but I play falco in singles and a double falco team doesnt seem to work >_<

666!!!!!!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
KK, Well, I really didn't want to make a new one for something like that, just a quick question...

I never really though of d-air, it really just goes against my smash instinct to D-air a recovering teammate >_<;; I used to play a lot of marth/falco...

Anyways, thanks for the help, my jiggs/samus is TERRIBLE, so I might just go marth..

I really don't do many doubles, they are mostly for fun.. but I play falco in singles and a double falco team doesnt seem to work >_<

666!!!!!!
Well Peach's Dair doesn't really have any strong knockback, so it makes sense to use a Dair when you float to your teammate. You could also use turnips to your teammate (just make sure not to throw a stich, ditto, or bom-omb at them XD;; )

UnChienAndalousa

Smash Apprentice
lol I know what you mean, I team up with a Luigi. I'm quite confortable with it since the Luigi does well with KOs and stuff.
Yeah! My partner and I are a Peach-Luigi team too, though I switch up with Ganon and he with Marth and Falco as needed, but we generally go Peach-Luigi and it works pretty well. Luigi can control the air with his ******** priority, Peach the ground.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I've done teams twice as Peach, and both times it wasn't bad so long as they could hold their own against the other. Sadly, I had a problem this recent tournament, I know a peach-samus combo works, but we have teamwork kinks to work out. I ended up doing quite well two on one.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Yeah! My partner and I are a Peach-Luigi team too, though I switch up with Ganon and he with Marth and Falco as needed, but we generally go Peach-Luigi and it works pretty well. Luigi can control the air with his ******** priority, Peach the ground.
Sweet! we actually do it the other way around, mixing it around is good. Peach's air priorty + Luigi's ground mobility = <33

Peach is ****ing amazing in doubles with the right use of spacing and smash sense.

FerHell

Smash Rookie
i'v seen a samus grab a turnuip and do rapid recovery bombs,this samus was able to go all the way under final D. and make it back to the other side.I guess this could be a stall,aids samus's slow recover problem

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I've started playing doubles yesterday and it was so friggin awesome the best team mate i've had till now was probably fox, and samus and even ness did well too

Top Bottom