• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pause & Play First Tourney [Asheboro, NC] Jan. 2

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*sigh* as soon as i leave greensboro, theres so much stuff i could get rides too. what a drag.

there better still be tournament/smashfest stuff going on come february.

NCPopo

Smash Rookie
I need to tell JMH to stop sucking and post in this thing.

I think the reason he wants to hold B+ and Melee on separate days is because he wants you guys to stay for a super long time so we (the Asheboro guys) can get lots of practice with you super pro guys. :p And for the bro-hood of it all, too.

Also, we have 2 setups currently. It'd be great if you all could bring as many setups as possible just in case. Worst comes to worst, we don't use them all. We do have one Wii with the latest B+, too.

Let's see, what else...I think that's it. I'm super excited for this. I hope I can finally see some of the fruits of my labor of all the Ganon hours I've logged. If you guys have any questions, PM me and I'll pass them along to JMH if he still fails to get online.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I'm telling you right now, if you want a decent attendance for both events, they need to be on the same day. Me and my group are coming for Melee regardless of the situation, but that being said some of my friends would be more inclined to enter B+ if they don't have to come back the next day.

NCPopo

Smash Rookie
Alright I'll talk to him about it. I have a cold right now so I'm grounded at my house for the time being. Since I haven't really been to any tournaments, which would you guys recommend doing first? Melee/B+?

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
JMH has read the schedule concerns, and as of right now he's looking at changing it up. He said he was going to make a post, but apparently he got side tracked. That happens a lot, lol. Anyway, he was saying that he just wanted the schedule to be really relaxed and stuff, no hurry, everyone could stay until whenever and stuff. He'll most likely move B+ to Saturday and have a Smashfest or whatever the next day, or just let people stay. Would people be cool with that?

Turnip T

Smash Cadet
Yea, I am going to this because its like 30 mins down the road from me lol xD and i agree just d melee.

and yeah if u did do brawl+ u would have to have them on same day because the smashers wouldn't only want to go for smash if its on that one day and then leave because the next day is brawl+ so they have no reason to stay unless they really want to play brawl lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i wanna go to this but...i don't think wilmington's going

plus i think my sister's flying in from florida on the 2nd...*sigh* family...

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
People are welcome to stay in the venue. For that, it would be best to bring your own pillows, blankets, etc. if you plan on sleeping.

If it gets too crowded, or if people would prefer to stay somewhere else, I can probably house a few (4-5).

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure there won't be a door fee for staying. The Saturday door fee should cover that, but I'm not totally certain.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Pretty darn sure you're not, Stongers. I'll check though.

Edit: Yeah, you're not.

Double edit: you add about 35 minutes to the trip if we went and got you first. 1 hour and 10 minutes round trip additional.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
it depends on my funds after christmas...i'm spending the 10 bucks I have sometime this week because sushi is coming over and we're gonna get food at some point.

Top Bottom