• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pause and Play's First Tournament Feat. Dr PP, Everlasting Yay, Money Mike, Twitch

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
These are in the process of uploading now. We're probably going to do it in chronological order, so first is Melee teams, then Melee, B+ teams, B+. Everyone check behind us to help identify players, and make sure the info in the videos is right.

Oh, and we didn't really make a results thread. We didn't think it would be necessary, but for those interested, here are the brackets.

Channel is here if anyone wants to subscribe.

Melee Teams

Loser's Semis
$Mike/Cam vs Everlasting Yay/Malk 1
$Mike/Cam vs Everlasting Yay/Malk 2

Loser's Finals
Karn/THO vs Everlasting Yay/Malk 1
Karn/THO vs Everlasting Yay/Malk 2
Karn/THO vs Everlasting Yay/Malk 3
Karn/THO vs Everlasting Yay/Malk 4

Grand Finals
Dr Peepee/Twitch vs Karn/THO 1
Dr Peepee/Twitch vs Karn/THO 2
Dr Peepee/Twitch vs Karn/THO 3
Dr Peepee/Twitch vs Karn/THO 4
Dr Peepee/Twitch vs Karn/THO 5

Melee Singles

Everlasting Yay vs JMH 1
Everlasting Yay vs JMH 2

Popo vs EMB 1
Popo vs EMB 2
Popo vs EMB 3

Winner's quarter-finals
Jim vs Everlasting Yay 1
Jim vs Everlasting Yay 2

Winner's semi-finals
Everlasting Yay vs $Mike 1
Everlasting Yay vs $Mike 2
Everlasting Yay vs $Mike 3

Winner's finals
Dr Peepee vs $Mike 1
Dr Peepee vs $Mike 2
Dr Peepee vs $Mike 3

Loser's quarter-finals
Jim vs Twitch 1
Jim vs Twitch 2
THO vs Everlasting Yay 1
THO vs Everlasting Yay 2

Loser's semi-finals
Twitch vs Everlasting Yay 1
Twitch vs Everlasting Yay 2

Loser's finals
$Mike vs Everlasting Yay 1
$Mike vs Everlasting Yay 2
$Mike vs Everlasting Yay 3

Grand finals
Dr Peepee vs Everlasting Yay 1
Dr Peepee vs Everlasting Yay 2
Dr Peepee vs Everlasting Yay 3
Dr Peepee vs Everlasting Yay 4

Money matches
EWBF vs Dark Hart 1
EWBF vs Dark Hart 2
EWBF vs Dark Hart 3
EWBF vs Dark Hart 4
Dark Hart vs Jim 1
Dark Hart vs Jim 2

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
For future reference, you should wait to upload everything before you make a thread(keeps people from getting antsy over the videos).

Also, you should list some featured players in the title of the thread so people know what to look for(example: Featuring Dr PP, Everlasting Yay, Money Mike, Twitch, etc).

We should make a results thread next time. =p

It might not hurt to list your channel either so people can subscribe to it.

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
For future reference, you should wait to upload everything before you make a thread(keeps people from getting antsy over the videos).

Also, you should list some featured players in the title of the thread so people know what to look for(example: Featuring Dr PP, Everlasting Yay, Money Mike, Twitch, etc).

We should make a results thread next time. =p

It might not hurt to list your channel either so people can subscribe to it.
Thanks.

I'll make sure to make that thread next time, and to wait.

Everything else look good?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You'll want to make a separate thread in the Brawl+ section of Smashboards for those videos. This is the Melee section. Oh, and I still don't see a link to your channel, but I guess it's not mandatory.

Don't worry Dark Hart, I'm uploading Falco videos now. =)

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
You'll want to make a separate thread in the Brawl+ section of Smashboards for those videos. This is the Melee section. Oh, and I still don't see a link to your channel, but I guess it's not mandatory.
I added the link.

Anyway, this is probably a stupid question, but what do you mean by Brawl+ section? I saw the Smash workshop, and a Brawl video section, but I feel like I'm missing something...

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Each tournament I watch with Dr. PeePee is inevitably ruined, because you always know who the winner is gonna be :/

It's nothing personal bro

You're just
too good...

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure both Yay v $Mike's were recorded. Right now Twitch Yay is going up, I'll go for those next. :)

Dark Hart, your mm with Boney was a Falco ditto, right? Which one were you/who won? And should there be another mm?

Edit: Oh, my bad for kind of breaking the order I decided to go in. After I separated the big video file and named them all, I neglected going in order. So,not in strict chronological order now. I'll still probably do grand finals last, and go in order with events and stuff. Sorry for the misdirection.

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
I'll go ahead and get that up then. Oh, and what do you want to go by in the video, EWBF/Boney/Milkman? And should I list the amount of money/what was it?

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
I have 4 matches in a row that all seem to be Yayuhzz v THO. Yay wins all but the last one, and it wasn't in any sort of finals. Is it safe to assume that the last two are friendlies? Anyone that watched/played in it able to help me out there?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
And emb, can you get my money match vs Jim? My falco versus his Ganon and both games were on Pokemon Stadium. $1

And yea the last two were friendlies by yay and tho

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I definitely did way too much random tech stuff throughout all these matches, and in many cases directly lost stock because of it.

Also, after my first edgeguard with fsmash worked, I did it every time the rest of the match.

Thanks for uploading, I learned a lot.

DH, rematch at Pound, amirite?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I finally learned how to play a ditto if I really want to haha.

I'll admit you were very nice and went along with it though. <3

moTT

Smash Cadet
PP. I'm not sure if you're joking all the time, or maybe half-serious, but I'm going to clear some things up. You've never "sucked" or "been bad" at falco dittos. Are you using that as a means of dismissing Yay's skill since he gives you **** solid runs in falco dittos? Anyway, in the midst of all of that, you took a set off of one of the best falcos in the world (chops). So I mean.. are you downplaying Yay, or are you just that hard on yourself? I don't know how else 'I finally learned how to play a ditto if I really want to' is supposed to be taken man, lol. Just curious.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Eh, Chops was nervous when he played me in WFs at Munkaid. Other things factored into his win, but that doesn't matter.

That part means I've never been amazing at Falco dittos, just somewhere between above average and pro at them.

Next, Yay's Falco is weird, but good. I don't really play it like I do other Falcos, so it used to throw me off. Also also, I kind of don't want to say this, but since I am being called out, then I might as well say that I can't really make myself 'try' vs Yay. By that I mean that if I'm down in stocks, my drive to say "oh snap you're losing STEP IT UP" doesn't kick in. It literally is only for Yay and I'll never know why. At this tournament I found it within the last stock of our match and did some Falco combos like I've been thinking about but haven't always executed on and yadda yadda no one wants to hear more about that.

Basically, Yay is mad good and I would never want to disrespect him. He's too awesome of a bro to do that to even if he was terrible(which he isn't at all). I just have a weird mental block towards Falco dittos that was somehow related to Yay's(I don't understand it), and I finally broke through it more or less at the end of GFs.

More summaries=I suck+Yay <3
Sorry if anything I said came off wrong.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
In my own defense on that 3 to 1 lead failure I had, I did what I usually do when I get a lead and I played defensive... but that doesn't work in Falco dittos. I came to realize this a little too late and had already completely lost all momentum in the match and you know where that leads in a Falco ditto. A lot of stocks being lost in a very short amount of time. I convinced myself on the last stock to try and be aggressive again, but the damage was done and I couldn't gain back the momentum, causing me to ultimately lose the lead I had and the match.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hence why I said you helped me. I really didn't think I could get away with that.....

<3 you Yay. Sorry about anything I said.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
No offense taken. :p It's all in good fun, I've just got a few things I need to work on when it comes to Falco. One being to never let up, since you can have a lead and have it disappear in a few seconds, especially in a mirror match.

EricTwistGotBannedLOL

Smash Cadet
Hey yay, I'm going to de-thrown you from King of SC someday(I wish) so you better watch out. :3

And good **** PP.

~ETWIST51294

Top Bottom