• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI June

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
In case you didn't see my list in the Springfield topic, here are the players we expect to be in attendance for melee:

Springfield
Zivilyn Bane
Zentetsu
Terrence
-Gimpest-
Terral
DrewBear
YBMP
Grant
ugvts
xzerolegend
Linkz

Arkansas
VTS
TheSaberGuy
Yoshiman
Seif
Arby

Columbia
Sinister
Akuma
Kellen

Kansas City
Strong Bad
Jace
dmac

STL/Washington
Bert
Prodigy
Triforce
Atma
Blitzbolt

So yeah, that's 27 people that are pretty much confirmed. There's a good chance we'll fill a 32 man bracket, but for sure we'll have over 20 this time around. Everybody PLEASE BRING EQUIPMENT! TVS, EXTENSION CORDS, CUBES, WIIS, DISCS, ect. We NEED everything we can get. People are traveling from far away lands for this tourney, lets not let them down and have a crap ton of TVs.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
So if these crew battles happen, am I considered StL material or CoMO material?

Edit: is Saffy entering Melee singles?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Saffy was saying last night that she might not go =/ You should convince her to come.

And I haven't heard anything about crew battles for this actually. I know we're doing some at MIST.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I just texted saffy so I'll keep u guys updated. She HAS to come.

Oh yea and the crew battles better happen lol although I can understand with timing issues.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Well depending on time, I really doubt I will be able to do melee at all.

I hope I can stall my parents until atleast 8 pm if I end up going and feeling alright.

Though I do have a question. When are you starting brackets? I see no time on the front post. ;=;

Hopefully it's not too late n.n I think you should start by 12 or so~

Bringing cookies if I do... Maybe around 80-90 if I can. Have to see how expensive it is to make them. =]

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure we're doing Brawl first. Because of that, the bracket will start probably when Linkz gets there. I think somewhere I read he is going to try to get there between 2 to 3.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
We can do a Melee side-event before Linkz gets there, or just do friendlies. We'll try to push through brackets as fast as we can. We're also having two Melee singles events, so the free one could just be earlier or something. We have a hard time scheduling for the monthlies because we like to schedule around when people can show up.

:phone:

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
We can do a Melee side-event before Linkz gets there, or just do friendlies. We'll try to push through brackets as fast as we can. We're also having two Melee singles events, so the free one could just be earlier or something. We have a hard time scheduling for the monthlies because we like to schedule around when people can show up.

as long as I get to play a good 12 or so hours of melee I'm OK.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Well we could do that.. Everyone should bring some entry fee money just in case. If we do pro/amateur then they'll both be double elimination.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Sounds like a plan. I was really not wanting to run a swiss anyways. It's really a big deal to me now to lose the epic grand finals matches.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I had the most horrible nightmare. I dreamed that I missed this tournament.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
So I've had a whopping two (maybe three?) ~3-hour sessions of Smash since the last tournament. I think I'm ready for this.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Feeling a little sick today but I hope it dwindles away by tommorow. I really would love to see all of you :) It would cheer me up.

I did make the cookies, 48 chocolate chip and 24 Sugar = 72!!!

Is it alright if I show up at 12 pm to pathways perhaps? ;=; Someone should meet me out there..

Also I don't plan on doing too well.. I don't practice smash ever. Been too busy playing Twilight Princess instead. <3
And fapping to Ganon.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Well I'm sure we all hope you can make it, even without cookies. If you need help bringing them in, I should be there before 12 (and Arkansas will be there). I can give you my number and you can text me when you arrive, or you could just go in and get people to help.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
GGs. It's nice to get ***** so bad. Puts me back into perspective on how bad I suck =/

Standing were something like...

Singles
1. Atma
2. Ihavespaceballs
3. G. Vice
4. VTS
5. dmac
5. Jace

Doubles
1. dmac and Jace
2. Ihavespaceballs and G. Vice
3. Atma and Blitz

I'll do shoutouts when there is a results thread.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to play so many people, and my friendlies with Strong Bad were after we were both burnt out.. and my friendlies with some of the others were before anyone was warmed up. It was awesome meeting the new folks from Arkansas and those from St. Louis and Kansas, though (again) I regret not being able to play so many people. I hope everyone makes it back for MIST, which is looking to be very awesome.

We'll be having a normal monthly event in July. Right now I'm planning to have it on the 16th, because I feel that we aren't competing with Genesis: people who are going to Genesis won't go to our small monthly tournament if they're in the same month, so it might as well be on the same day. If anyone disagrees, feel free to express that.

Also, I'll try to get everything taken care of as far as results go on Tuesday. That's my first real day off.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Nice to meet you all!! But I heard soo much brawl hate from you guys xD
Hope the cookies were alright, My oven messed some of the batches up :(.
Next time I will do my homemade cookies for MIST or something...

And special thanks to Strong Bad for teaming with me. ♥
Good games to whoever we had to play.... You guys are insanely good.

Overall nice tournament, with a large turn-out :D And the gym was alot nicer than down stairs imo.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
We'll be having a normal monthly event in July. Right now I'm planning to have it on the 16th, because I feel that we aren't competing with Genesis: people who are going to Genesis won't go to our small monthly tournament if they're in the same month, so it might as well be on the same day. If anyone disagrees, feel free to express that.
I was planning on using that day to watch the live stream all day. I think Michael was going to as well.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the stream will be recorded. It's not a big enough deal to watch it live in return of messing up the traditional date. I change my opinion and say host it on that day anyway. A day of smash beats some videos that I can watch anytime.

darkatma

Smash Hero
LOL I didn't know there was a thread for this tourney in the tourney section till today.

Shoutouts coming soon, after lunch!

Shoutouts!

TO's Terral and Ziv for hosting
Springfield for being 3-4 hours away from everyone except columbia
Blitzbolt for champing the drive back through that storm, and putting in work for crew battles, and sucking in tournies.
STL for coming out and representing
Geno for almost beating Spaceballs in teams and singles with his pocket luigi!

Biggest letdown of the tourney: The corruption of the midwest wombo combo file

KS:
Jace: I feel like you're improving! Get that ICs matchup down, learn to play gayer lolll. And stop beating Blitzbolt. Fun seeing you again, lets play more next tourney.
Dmac: Sooo good but sooo bad (at tech skill). Still waiting on advice from you on how my boy blitz can improve his fox game. Close matches as always, and always fun seeing you.
Strongbad: Luls DK. Whooped on my tired *** fox pretty good
I forgot who the last dude was

CoMo:
Sinister: I wanna see you in winner's finals next time. Work on that spacing!
Akuma: Keep improving! Didn't play much against you but I can tell you're getting better too.
Bert: Sorry about your off day =[ Do you get tourney nerves?

Arkansas:
"Shogun": Fun games, had a blast. We should definitely play more! I loveeee your samus game.
VTS: Solid ICs man, your hug needs some work! That hug i got at the end was weak =P
G. Vice: Great sets in tourney, I had a lot of fun playing you, and didn't know AR had other good players other than Spaceponies. I hope our matches were recorded from pools and singles and go up so we can both improve! Good luck with nursing school man.
Saber and others whose names I forget: GGs

Springfield:
Zivilyn: You have a solid marth and falco, even though I didn't want you to beat Blitz :p Good set in pools man, looks like you needa brush up a little spacing
Zantetsu: We didn't get to play
Other peeps, sorry I don't remember names and stuff, I was really tired this tourney loll

Missouri > Arkansas lol =] Crew battle determined that.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Shoutouts:

VTS: The friendlies in the beginning of the day were really fun. The freeze glitch surprised me. You're the only IC player in our general area so it's always good to play some matches with you. Good job at the tournament, your placing surprised me. Those IC's are too good.

Strongbad: Our matches always come out super close in brackets and I seem to always lose them. You always keep me on the edge of my seat during matches and I end up focusing a lot. Next tournament, if we face again, you're not getting another victory :) - Also, great Falco pose.

Bert: Dude, I can't believe you even thought about quitting. You surprised the **** out of me during our bracket matches. They were very close matches, and if things were just very slightly different, the outcome could have easily made you victorious. Falco is really doing good for you, stick with him. I'm worried about facing you next time, haha.

Akuma & Sinister: I think we only got like, a few matches in. I'd like to have got more, but it's not too bad since Columbia shows up every month. We'll really have to play some more friendlies next time.

ihavespaceballs: Didn't even recognize you in the beginning. You looked a lot different from the last time I saw you at the first Event: 52 (but you probably don't recognize/remember me either). Anyway, it was an awesome surprise to have you there, especially since I just recently picked up Samus as my secondary. You've inspired my Samus more than Hugs or Phanna ever could and I hope to learn a lot from your Samus after I review the matches of the tournament when they're uploaded. Thanks for the spare match after our set. It'd be nice to get more friendlies with you next time, I'd like to see my progress. Good job during the tournament as well. I hope to see you at MIST.

Darkatma & Blitz: I was sad I didn't get to play you guys. Anytime I was ready to ask, you guys had just found someone else to play. Darkatma, i haven't played you since E52, which I remember playing you a LOT (friendlies are still up on YouTube, lol) but you improved drastically over me throughout the 3 years. Keep up the good work, and congrats for winning the tournament. Missouri Rep :)

Quote: You've improved a ton since we last played in May at E52:BFWH. You seem to get quite frustrated with yourself too much, though. You're doing a great job at progressing and if you put yourself out there some more and play some more friendlies, you'll see that you'll progress faster.

As for everyone else I played, I had a lot of fun playing each and every one of you. Years ago, when I first started competitive melee back in 2006, Springfield was empty of smashers. Never did I realize that we'd be able to pull together a community and a great one at that.
Thank you Michael, for your dedication to making the melee crew what it is today. No one but you would have been able to pull so many players to Springfield like you did today.
Thank you Terral and Robbie for directing these monthlies and hosting the venue. We wouldn't have had a place to play without you guys.
And thank you to everyone who showed up. It was really nice to see all that talent traveling into my own town for our monthly smashfest tournaments. It was very different then what I was used to. It didn't feel like another monthly, it felt like a legit regional tournament. At some points, I forgot I was still in Springfield. Fantastic tournament, everybody. Great job. I'll see some of you next month and the rest of you at MIST. Ggs.

Top Bottom