• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Patch Notes for 1.1.1

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
If Link could true combo dthrow into Bair, that would allow for Link to "chain grab" heavies with bair > pivot grab > Dthrow > repeat, or Dthrow > bair > pivot grab > repeat. However, I don't think you'd be able to repeat the chain more than 3 times. I'm over here trying it on Ganon pre-update, and I'm hoping that this is possible because this looks and feels dope as hell. Reminds me of Melee/PM Link.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
That won't work actually since after being grabbed chars have a cooldown of 3 seconds I believe during which they cannot be grabbed again.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
That won't work actually since after being grabbed chars have a cooldown of 3 seconds I believe during which they cannot be grabbed again.
Um, no. I've been doing this in the pre-update version for a while now (besides the true combo dthrow > bair). It has to be shorter than that. Have you tested yourself yet?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Q, if Bthrow has less knockback, can we footstool out of it? That would be nice for a FF Nair lock>Fsmash.
Edit, nope doesn't work.
Dthrow can lead to a Dair spike but it's not a true combo. Still useful by the ledge.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I'll try it in a little, see if the chain grab works. I could almost swear I did it yesterday by accident. Maybe the hit cancels out the time frame between grabs. I'll check it out

*EDIT*

Nah it doesn't and if it does, it's very weight and DI dependent to the point where it's not even valid.

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
So, I'm trying something about Link's boomerang. It seems that the hitstun is increased. I don't have a non patched version, but I found that now CQC boomerang--->first hit of Fair is a true combo until 80-90% (I tried on Falco). After that percentage, the second hit can connect well. Pratically, if they try to attack I think second hit will always destroy them. I tried with a CPU setted to jump and it seems that it can't escape from the second hit also, but I don't know how the CPU works in this case. I'm not sure if it was also in the previous version, but I think it wasn't. If it was...well I think I'll edit my post and go **** myself.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
(besides the true combo dthrow > bair).
That phrase just invalidated everything you said.

You really don't read what we say, do you?

Dthrow to bair has NEVER been a true combo in sm4sh.

Stop spreading misinformation.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
D-tilt -> F-air -> Up-B seems to connect pretty well. It seems easier to do but I highly doubt it's a true combo.

I mean it's 40-44% combo. 30% if you miss the Up-B.

*EDIT*
It's easier to pull off if you manage hit them off stage. But if you're on stage, short hopping twice after D-tilt gives you enough time to get the Up-B in before you land.

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I finally updated and had a chance to play for a while... WHAT THE **** HAVE THEY DONE TO HIM!? WHAT'S WITH THE LANDING LAG!?

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
I finally updated and had a chance to play for a while... WHAT THE **** HAVE THEY DONE TO HIM!? WHAT'S WITH THE LANDING LAG!?
I don't think his landing lag for any of his aerials changed...

Last edited:

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
No one has mentioned it, but I believe Up-B, at least on the ground, has less start up lag. I don't have it right next to me, but while I was playing yesterday it felt very quick - reminiscent of melee speed. If someone else could try and see, it would be greatly appreciated.

FSK

Smash Ace
No, I remember perfectly I could attack again immediatly before.
Be more specific please, was it full jump, short hop, any fast falling etc?

I don't have any endlag after doing full jump uair for instance

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Be more specific please, was it full jump, short hop, any fast falling etc?
Full jump, up + a, and after hitting the floor I could jump again and attack, now I have to wait for Link to get up from the crouch... Sorry, I can't be more specific.

FSK

Smash Ace
Full jump, up + a, and after hitting the floor I could jump again and attack, now I have to wait for Link to get up from the crouch... Sorry, I can't be more specific.
Well, I can still do it.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
The Dthrow KB nerf has to be compensated by some followup options.

Bair isn't guaranteed (hardly hits, from what I heard), did anyone extensively test Fsmash/Usmash or any of his tilts?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Me and Foxy tested, nothing seems confirmed. At least we have improved options, although the throw is pretty much useless after about 50 percent because the knockback is big enough to avoid everything by simply DIing sideways.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Has the start up on the Dsmash increased? I feel like it has. Can someone confirm?
I'll test it this weekend. I'll be testing the startup time, move duration, damage, knockback, and hitstun (if I can figure out to test it accurately) of Link's moveset. I think the only thing I won't be able to test is how long the hitboxes last.

TNS|Quake

Smash Rookie
@ Zelkam Zelkam can you please check the hitbubbles on f.tilt on your pre-patched version, specifically below the sword as he swings it down? You can stack a bunch of platforms in stage creator on top of each other, have Link stand on top of the stack with a character standing below the stack, and count how many platforms you have to go down before you hit the character's head at the bottom. I suspect the hitbubbles are either bigger or are located further below the sword in the new version than the old one

Vidiot825

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8558-7913
I actually don't mind his changelog too much so far... but it'd be nice if someone could tell me how i'm supposed to land a d-tilt for the meteor hit...
Liking the damage and KB buffs, especially the u-air one, that one's gonna make a world of difference!
Also, just curious, has anyone tested whether or not he has that gaping lack of grab-box at the claw of his grab during his running grab still?
On another note.. RIP jab 1 confirms =(

Last edited:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Dunno if this has been mentioned, but dash attack seems to have a much bigger hitbox. I was routinely hitting people on the platform of BF while I was on the ground with it. Upb does seem to come out a bit faster to me at least but I'm not sure about that.

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
Dunno if this has been mentioned, but dash attack seems to have a much bigger hitbox. I was routinely hitting people on the platform of BF while I was on the ground with it. Upb does seem to come out a bit faster to me at least but I'm not sure about that.
Thank goodness. I'm not the only one who thinks that UpB comes out faster.

FSK

Smash Ace
Hey guys I found a way to make Dthrow combo to whatever!

Just soft throw a bomb upwards before you dthrow them

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
This is probably placebo, but in offline today several others noticed a shorter landing lag out of dair. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I'll put @ Zelkam Zelkam in the spotlight now. Zelkam has said that he'll see about making a video comparing pre patch Link to post patch Link (since he already has pre patch footage). He'll do it over the weekend. I still haven't updated the thread because until now we have no concrete evidence of any changes besides the Jab nerf and we all know about it anyways. I will update the thread based on Zelkam's video since that will give irrefutable proof of changes in frames.

I trust @ FSK FSK 's changes as well (though are we sure about the changes to kb across the board?) and will be adding them, but I want to update this just once.

FSK

Smash Ace
You should wait with the knockback changes until we have a better overview on exactly how it changed from version to version. Or have them as speculation, its definitly changed since before the Wii U version came out we just haven't pinned down exactly when each knockback change occured.

The end lag differences and hitbox differences that people have suggested are so far speculative. This will get covered by Zelkam though.

If people want to check knockback stuff here is how to check it:
  • Mario at spawn point in FD. KO Mario once to have him appear at the spawn point.
  • Adjust the percentage to the lowest possible value for the KO lightning to appear.
  • Make sure Mario is set to 'Control' so that CPU DI does not impact the tests.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Yes, in the sense it will appear earlier if knockback is increased.
Interesting. Well that means I've currently got 3 different ways to compare knockback so I should be pretty thorough on that one.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure that what the lightning means is that at the point of impact, taking into account every factor other than DI SDI and vectoring, the game calculates that the move hitting you will make it so you touch the blast zone before entering tumble i.e. while still in hitstun (though you can of course airdodge out of the very end of hitstun, but that's not really relevant here as it won't save you if you didn't DI). This means that it's entirely possible to survive lightning with good DI as you have seen, and it's equally possible with bad DI to get hit out of the blast zone while still in hitstun yet have no lightning.

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
I did it right and I'm not even native, get at my level.

Oh I forgot to add the Mario has to be set to control. Will fix.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
Is anyone else noticing the hitstun from Up Tilt being just a tad shorter? I feel like my opponents airdodge out of Up Tilt juggles a lot earlier than usual

Top Bottom