• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Patch Notes for 1.1.1

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Can you verify the KB changes on the moves FSK mentioned earlier? I don't see a difference, but then again some of those buffs were subtle.
Other than the moves I've already mentioned, everything else KO'd Mario at the same percentage before and after the patch. So unless the base knockback and knockback growth were changed in a way that results in the same exact kill percent (which is highly unlikely) then their knockback hasn't changed any.

FSK

Smash Ace
Other than the moves I've already mentioned, everything else KO'd Mario at the same percentage before and after the patch. So unless the base knockback and knockback growth were changed in a way that results in the same exact kill percent (which is highly unlikely) then their knockback hasn't changed any.

Thats what I feared, then the changes must have come from an earlier patch.

Which basically means we got heavily nerfed this patch. barely any buffs at all.

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I was playing today in the morning, and i noticed that Dash Attack hits above my head now (it was two times, then indeed it was very noticable).

I think Dash Attack only hit on front before the patch, so MAYBE there is a buff in its hitbubbles... When I can, i will try a custom stage to prove it.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Is Sakurai literally just giving me more of a reason to not use down tilt? lol

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
And dash attack. Seriously, it killed at such a nice percentage before. Now it's almost worthless.
I still use it for roll punishes. Beyond that, I never really used the move much honestly. That might just be my playstyle, though.

Last edited:

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Most of the time when I use a dash attack, it's by complete accident--typically when I'm deluded into thinking that I can (non-pivot) tilt while running.

Is Sakurai literally just giving me more of a reason to not use down tilt? lol
We had a reason to use Dtilt before?
Kappa

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
And dash attack. Seriously, it killed at such a nice percentage before. Now it's almost worthless.
Loosing the power sucked but DA hitting up higher is really nice for punishing landings. Low platforms like on BF and Lylat are reachable by DA and it's harder to stop with falling aerials. IMO DA is a nice far-away punish move.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Honestly, I think you might be over exaggerating a little bit. The tipped version of dash attack creates the lightning effect at %126 and the hilt now gets lightning at %128. For comparison, tipped Fsmash 1 is %120, Fsmash 2 is %113 and Ftilt is %136. So honestly, the knockback is still pretty good, especially considering the distance you cover when using it. I think that, like most of Link's moveset, the new dash attack is just a very...how do I want to put this? It's sort of linear...it's a one trick pony. Dash attack is used for hard reads and punishes, and it's excellent at that. Sure in the grand scheme of things it might not be that great, but I feel like it does an amazing job at it's intended purpose. Plus it just feels so sexy when you land one on a hard read.

Also @ Rizen Rizen I'm not trying to be mean, but this is a pet peeve of mine. I haven't said anything for a while, but I can't hold out any longer. "Loose" is essentially the opposite of tight. Some examples of it being used properly would be "my shoe laces came loose" or "This shirt is very loose on me". "Lose" is used to describe when when you can't find something/something is taken away from you, or you fail to win in a game, contest, ect. Some examples would be "I'm constantly losing my controller" or "I hate losing to Little Mac on FG".

...Sorry for the grammar Nazi moment

Atnas

Smash Rookie
I spent a while testing the new dtilt. It will only spike if the opponent is airborne now, and it hits with the middle to end of the blade. (I actually think the hitbox is longer now) The spike box on link's backside is gone. Wasn't able to test for ledges because I only have my 3ds right now. Knockback is proportional to percentage, like a regular attack. Makes a semispike noise at medium percent(~50%), and a spike noise at high percents.(>100%)

I miss the old dtilt, but this still... kinda works. It's much more reliable than my first impression.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I spent a while testing the new dtilt. It will only spike if the opponent is airborne now, and it hits with the middle to end of the blade. (I actually think the hitbox is longer now) The spike box on link's backside is gone. Wasn't able to test for ledges because I only have my 3ds right now. Knockback is proportional to percentage, like a regular attack. Makes a semispike noise at medium percent(~50%), and a spike noise at high percents.(>100%)

I miss the old dtilt, but this still... kinda works. It's much more reliable than my first impression.
Is the spike hitbox itself hilariously small like it was in Brawl now?

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409

The spike is ridiculously weak, it's basically the same as the Meteor Bomb.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Remember back in Melee when Dtilt was actually a good move? Those were the days.

Is the Dtilt spike easier to land after the patch, as in bigger or moved spike hitbubbles?

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I've found it's easier to land, it seems to be the entire front half of his sword now. But more extensive testing is probably necessary.

Edit:
Also, 1.0.7 is out. It's probably just a mewtwo online bug fix but I'm going to check some stuff anyway.

it seems our usmash no longer combos on the third hit when when we're facing our opponent (it does when we aren't though). I have a feeling this has been around since 1.0.6, since hitting that third hit has been strangely unable to hit since the mewtwo patch.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yay 1.0.7!
aaaaand Jab1 is still the same.....
I no longer care about patch 1.0.7 or anything it has to offer. Some people think that due to the size of the patch file there was more than just a mewto bug fix btw, but as I said, I no longer care.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
replays still work though so any changes are incredibly unlikely.
That's the only important thing since it tells us that it didn't affect anything regarding game mechanics or characteristics. It could have added more badges, trophies, whatever. We should still textbooks things maybe, but if the replays can still be watched then there is noteworthy change.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Just quoting this here from the staffer shack social. I assume it's ok.
Liberation said:
The Custom Mii Exploit is also removed.

Version 1.0.7/1.0.6 can still play together on 3DS (meaning no likely changes to the game otherwise).

As for the size, I'm guessing it's just for prepping other DLC characters for this (so that the glitches and connection problems do not reoccur)
EDIT: It appears to be 1.0.6's update as well, as it doesn't appear anymore. -Lib
Also, Rizen, note the edit I made in my most recent metagame post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
it seems our usmash no longer combos on the third hit when when we're facing our opponent (it does when we aren't though). I have a feeling this has been around since 1.0.6, since hitting that third hit has been strangely unable to hit since the mewtwo patch.
This has always been the case, especially against shorter characters.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I was waiting for @ Zelkam Zelkam 's video so I could post it in the general thread as evidence. That way we would have solid proof of the changes for everyone.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I was waiting for @ Zelkam Zelkam 's video so I could post it in the general thread as evidence. That way we would have solid proof of the changes for everyone.
Had a busier week than I was expecting so its been taking a bit longer than I intended. I believe the only thing I've got left to check is the hitstun of all his moves. For the record, the only other change I've found so far is spin attack's charge time has been decreased by 4 frames.

Edit: I'm an idiot for not checking this when I discovered the knockback nerf, but Dtilt has less hitstun as well

Edit 2: Damage for the hilt of dash attack has been nerfed from %13 to %12

Last edited:

Comorant

Smash Cadet
Gonna just note, D-Tilt is registering Uair, Nair, and Spin Attack all as true combos in training mode. Uair and Nair are a bit shaky because you need to be really precise and I DI might end up screwing them over, but Up Special deals a nice 26% chunk and actually seems plausible as a combo on Heavy and Middleweight characters. That said, characters like Fox, Kirby, and Jigglypuff tend to get launched out before the final hit of Spin Attack. It works up to 50% as well. Link might now have a new combo string to sorta help out with how much D-Tilt lost.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Without further to do, I present (finally) the complete 1.0.6 patch notes for Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwv7ioOogYg

Note: All knockback percentages are for the earliest percent to create the lightning effect on Mario at the center of FD

Jab
  • Endlag has been increased from 11 frames to 19 frames
Dtilt
  • Knockback has been nerfed from %175 to %312
  • Hitstun has been nerfed
  • Spike hitbox was changed to a meteor
  • The new meteor hitbox has been moved/changed in some way
Dash Attack
  • Hitboxes come out on frame 20 (was 21)
  • Hilt Hitbox knockback has been nerfed from %106 to %128
  • Hilt Hitbox hitstun has been nerfed
  • Hilt Hitbox damage nerfed from %13 to %12
Dair
  • Hitboxes have been increased in size resulting in further disjoint
Spin Attack
  • Front swing now hits on frame 8 (was 11)
  • Back swing now hits on frame 10 (was 13)
  • Charge time has been reduced by 4 frames
  • Front swing knockback has been buffed from %152 to %130
  • Front swing hitstun has been buffed
  • Front swing damage buffed from 12% -> 14% uncharged, 19% -> 22% charged
  • Back swing knockback has been nerfed from %152 to %171
  • Back swing histun has been nerfed (Unconfirmed)
Other Changed
  • Hylian Shield now blocks Fox's/Falco's lasers
  • No longer capable of performing a Ftilt/Fsmash while holding an item (i.e. bomb)

@ Elessar Elessar Unfortunately, my original patch note list had a couple small errors in it which have been corrected above. I would advise simply replacing what you have in the OP with what I have listed here. Also, the formatting in the OP is a bit messy...you might wanna work on that. >.>

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Zelkam Zelkam great work :) I think it's worth mentioning that DA now hits high enough to reach opponents on BF's platforms. Also Dtilt's meteor hitbubble now has priority.

Does spin attack end or cancel any sooner?

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I think it's worth mentioning that DA now hits high enough to reach opponents on BF's platforms.
This has been mentioned before. This time around I was only listing the exact changes. People can hopefully put two and two together from that.
Also Dtilt's meteor hitbubble now has priority.
In all likelihood, yes it does. However, I'm in able to confirm this 100% with my testing methods so I didn't mention it.
Does spin attack end or cancel any sooner?
Nope. I originally thought it did, but I was just doing quick tests back then and failed to factor in the fact that it starts sooner.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Wow, that jab nerf was worse than I thought. Could it be that the reason we can't combo jab 1 into anything now is because it was nerfed in terms of speed instead of the IASAs being removed? Or is it because the IASAs were removed that the endlag frames were increased from 11 to 19? Those may be dumb questions but I'm just trying to make sure I understand this correctly. I'd also like to know if there were any changes to jab 2 if it hasn't been said already.

I'm liking the change to Dair. The increased size of it's hitbubbles will definitely give us more priority over other character's moves depending on the overall size increase in general. FF Dair might be a better option now, even if it is slightly. :p Spin attack seems to have been both nerfed and buffed, but mostly buffed with the 2 frame decrease on startup. Using the move OoS is better than before, but mostly if you hit with the front hitbox. Doesn't make up for all that time sitting there though, so it seems like uncharged Spin attack will still mostly be an OoS option and a very mild punish option.

Again, great work. I'm assuming you've been using training mode to measure frame data, correct? I heard you can move forward 2 frames at a time via the 1/4 speed freeze thing or whatever it's called.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Zelkam Zelkam What would you have me change int he formatting?

Also, I wanted to share your new notes with the main patch notes thread but I can't access that anymore because of the infractions Mic has given me. Could you do it please?

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Wow, that jab nerf was worse than I thought. Could it be that the reason we can't combo jab 1 into anything now is because it was nerfed in terms of speed instead of the IASAs being removed? Or is it because the IASAs were removed that the endlag frames were increased from 11 to 19? I'm wondering if you're talking about jab 1 at all lol. I'd like to know if there were any changes to jab 2 though if it hasn't been said already.

I'm liking the change to Dair. The increased size of it's hitbubbles will definitely give us more priority over other character's aerials depending on the overall size increase in general. FF Dair might be a better option now, even if it is slightly. :p Spin attack seems to have been both nerfed and buffed, but mostly buffed with the decreased startup. Using the move OoS is better than before, but mostly if you hit with the front hitbox. Doesn't make up for all that endlag though, so it seems like uncharged Spin attack will still mostly be an OoS option and a very mild punish option.

Great work, Zelkam. I'm really looking forward to seeing the vid. Keep it up, man. I'm assuming you've been using training mode to measure frame data, correct? I heard you can move forward 2 frames at a time via the 1/4 speed freeze thing or whatever it's called.
The removal of the IASA frames is what resulted in the endlag being nerfed from 11 to 19 frames. Same thing, just two different ways of looking at it.

Jab 2 is the same in both versions

I actually do all my frame counting in Adobe premiere. I record at 60 fps with my capture card, plug both the videos into premiere, line things up side by side like you see in the video, and then compare each move frame by frame. It's a very long and tedious process. :p

Yeah, I know, I double posted. Sue me.
@ Zelkam Zelkam What would you have me change int he formatting?

Also, I wanted to share your new notes with the main patch notes thread but I can't access that anymore because of the infractions Mic has given me. Could you do it please?
Well, you've got two separate spoiler tags for the 1.0.6 patch. Thats the main thing.

And I was gonna post this in the main patch thread as well, but it's actually locked.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
The removal of the IASA frames is what resulted in the endlag being nerfed from 11 to 19 frames. Same thing, just two different ways of looking at it.

Jab 2 is the same in both versions

I actually do all my frame counting in Adobe premiere. I record at 60 fps with my capture card, plug both the videos into premiere, line things up side by side like you see in the video, and then compare each move frame by frame. It's a very long and tedious process. :p
Yeah that method is actually way better lol. Makes me wish I had equiptment like that. I'd be uploading a lot of stuff on youtube and would even start a stream if I did, which I have no doubt some of you would watch. Can't wait until I get a job this summer.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Yeah, I know, I double posted. Sue me.

Well, you've got two separate spoiler tags for the 1.0.6 patch. Thats the main thing.

And I was gonna post this in the main patch thread as well, but it's actually locked.
I do, but that's because one is for the 3DS and the other for the Wii U. Since so far they've been getting different patches (as int he 3DS having HS patched a month or months before the Wii U), I thought about having two patch sections, so we can update them independently.

Top Bottom