• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch affects the Hyrule Beauty?

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
I main Zelda, just not in a professional way so It's hard for me to notice differences and moreover because I have yet to update. I'm trying to save some replays and haven't updated my game. I went to Peach's character topic which has a few info on what was corrected on her since I also main Peach and Rosalina (to a minor extent) and found out Luma has been delayed and no attack while grab was it? I don't seem to find info if Zelda has been unfairly crippled of if she's been blessed with a buff. May I please ask the benefits and disadvantages of the patch for Zelda? If this is not the place to ask directly like this please delete the topic but someoen who knows send a conversation with known changes, no need to keep it going just the info if possible. Thank you in advance. I already know Rosy's nerf and what I'm up against with Peachy but I'm in the dark with Zelda. I have more characters but I'm not going to ask in all their topics. They are not my mains so their changes/nerfs won't affect my game except knowing new threats to my game play due to advantages.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I main Zelda, just not in a professional way so It's hard for me to notice differences and moreover because I have yet to update. I'm trying to save some replays and haven't updated my game. I went to Peach's character topic which has a few info on what was corrected on her since I also main Peach and Rosalina (to a minor extent) and found out Luma has been delayed and no attack while grab was it? I don't seem to find info if Zelda has been unfairly crippled of if she's been blessed with a buff. May I please ask the benefits and disadvantages of the patch for Zelda? If this is not the place to ask directly like this please delete the topic but someoen who knows send a conversation with known changes, no need to keep it going just the info if possible. Thank you in advance. I already know Rosy's nerf and what I'm up against with Peachy but I'm in the dark with Zelda. I have more characters but I'm not going to ask in all their topics. They are not my mains so their changes/nerfs won't affect my game except knowing new threats to my game play due to advantages.
As far as we can tell, her only true changes are a damage increase to Utilt, bringing it to 7%, and causing to KO slightly less late, and her pivot grab has received a slight reduction in range.

I think they also improved some animations' visuals as well, like, so her dress looks better during unusual movements, but I'm not 100% sure.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Thank you. I found a list of known changes on Smashwiki. I was desperately looking for a changelog. Indeed it is an increase. Zelda received a chest with a treasure, Peachy got screamed on the ear with a Fair play warning and Rosy was battered with the nerf bat. I also read the glitched form Wario and Greninja and other buffs and nerfs for other characters. I think Sheik was unfair. But I rarely use her. Oh well, it happens. Thank you two for the info. I guess I feel better with Zelda and neutral with Peach. Ouchie on Rosy. That's gonna sting me a lot.

StarForce

Smash Ace
I updated and fought some matches online. Gave a good battle to a bowser who didn't want to bowsercide except in another match were I was first to lose the stock. since he'll survive the match for the second and I had none. But now that coward tactic is gone. Makes me feel safer thou I usually don't get near Bows on the edge or near the edge. If you want me you play in the center of the stage. If I stock one out of you I don't fear it. since if they do I'll win and even if i'm 1 stock left they'll die first. Key to beat those bowsers who bowsercided is to chip away a stock from them first. Then they'll go home with their Koopa tail between the legs haha.
Still any buff for my Fair Lady is welcomed. she needs anything possitive she can get. I love Zelda and she will forever be my main.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Also pivot grab really did get nerfed

Sakurai obviously saw how ridiculous roll cancel pivot grab was

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
The removal of vectoring helps her combos and helps people from not being able to DI out of her multi-hit moves (Nair, Fsmash, Usmash)

It feels like her up tilt can combo better now that the knockback was reduced (combined with no vectoring)

Her dtilt ends faster, which is great for zoning. (At least that's what it feels like to me)

It seems to have helped her thus far.

Edit: Utilt is actually 7.17%

Last edited:

StarForce

Smash Ace
The removal of vectoring helps her combos and helps people from not being able to DI out of her multi-hit moves (Nair, Fsmash, Usmash)

It feels like her up tilt can combo better now that the knockback was reduced (combined with no vectoring)

Her dtilt ends faster, which is great for zoning. (At least that's what it feels like to me)

It seems to have helped her thus far.

Edit: Utilt is actually 7.17%
Yes I have notice nair and Usmash seem to trap better and not escape afterwards.
Is it a glitch perhaps patched; I have come to pass to me twice where a Link and a Tink do the dair and I do usmash and it moves Zelda several frames away from them as if I was bounced away. neither character receives damage and the inks keep their dair animations and I skate away doing my Usmash. I am not a pro or technical person, why does this happen or have I done something twice that is technical or something?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Utilt has more knockback too

Placebo strikes once more...
The KB increase from my observation appears to be a byproduct of a simple and direct damage increase without then re-reducing the KB stats, as KB and damage are linked where adding raw damage will increase the KB, I think.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The KB increase from my observation appears to be a byproduct of a simple and direct damage increase without then re-reducing the KB stats, as KB and damage are linked where adding raw damage will increase the KB, I think.
pretty much! you're good at this!

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I learned about that stuff when I used to fiddle around with Project Smash Attacks. Things were broken repeatedly.

Top Bottom