• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.1.5

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Hey guys, I'm on smash amiino and I created a character breakdown for Samus. I tried to be as detailed as I could via my experiences and included some in depth combo videos (urs too Dungeon) so that ppl have the option to get super technical. Here it is http://aminoapps.com/p/czz49 . I was told that jab combos after 1.1.5 but i don't think it does, at least not until mid percents or if the opponent is airborne. If u guys could "fact check" it for any other discrepencies that would be phenomenal. My goal was to make a guide that had everything a Samus main could ask for or as close to that as possible (I know there r some biased statements lol). The links I put at the end were for techniques, showmanship, possibilities and background on our favourite girl. Let me know ur thoughts, plz and thanks
One thing everyone wanting to pick up Samus needs to know, don't listen to Esam. He doesnt know what Samus can do. His video on 1.15 is where the jab rumor came from. When you watch it you clearly see his lack of understanding, jab has always linked at around 45%

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
@Zeeloid As I said inthe you-tube comments by all means, popularize! Looking good!
As many have said, there was no change to jab1 or jab2 with 1.1.5. The only thing that changed is that crouch cancelled f-tilt is way better than before, much more damage and more knockback. If you screw up (or intentionally sour spot) you can string to the now amazing f-tilt tech chase.
Again as per my video, I suggest learning the CC variants, knowing how they actually look when they combo, so you then can situate yourself as to where your tech chases are.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
One thing everyone wanting to pick up Samus needs to know, don't listen to Esam. He doesnt know what Samus can do. His video on 1.15 is where the jab rumor came from. When you watch it you clearly see his lack of understanding, jab has always linked at around 45%
Yeah his video was also the source of the misinformation spread about fsmash hitboxes being changed so they don't whiff at close range. We know that fsmash wasn't touched so I'm not sure what he was smoking when he said that.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Does dash attack have less endlag? I was abusing it today and couldnt get punished at all.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I updated the opening post with the full Samus Changelog and corrected the errors from the official 1.1.5 thread.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
In another thread I learned that the frame cancelled D-air -> FJ -> CS combo is true now not because of CS gaining frames but because of the better gravity. It's very very tight but it's true, same with Up-tilt FJ CS (with ankle level ground impact).

I haven't had a huge amount of time to play recently but I can say that I've really noticed the n-air and f-tilt buffs, the grab endlag, DA endlag. I will never get tired of killing sheik at 80% with n-air onstage near the edge. BAM! Baby.

What surprising me is the combination of the physics upgrades and the bomb endlag, I'm able to do very safe bomb combo edgeguards now. They were always there but now the timings are easier to hit.
I really didn't want to make more video for a while since my last mammoth endeavour but if people are interested when I push my video patch notes I could include these bomb edge-guard timing combos.

My wish list for future patches is quite small now. Sakurai: just make Up-tilt combo into D-air and take away the D-air tech and we're golden!

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
In another thread I learned that the frame cancelled D-air -> FJ -> CS combo is true now not because of CS gaining frames but because of the better gravity. It's very very tight but it's true, same with Up-tilt FJ CS (with ankle level ground impact).

I haven't had a huge amount of time to play recently but I can say that I've really noticed the n-air and f-tilt buffs, the grab endlag, DA endlag. I will never get tired of killing sheik at 80% with n-air onstage near the edge. BAM! Baby.

What surprising me is the combination of the physics upgrades and the bomb endlag, I'm able to do very safe bomb combo edgeguards now. They were always there but now the timings are easier to hit.
I really didn't want to make more video for a while since my last mammoth endeavour but if people are interested when I push my video patch notes I could include these bomb edge-guard timing combos.

My wish list for future patches is quite small now. Sakurai: just make Up-tilt combo into D-air and take away the D-air tech and we're golden!
If they can fix the hitbox on FSmash, USmash and Fair or remove the tech from Utilt/Dair id be so complete. SO MANY GAMES I SHOULD HAVE WON, but the tech Utilt and they live. *grumble*

All that would make is scary so I just ask for either or haha

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Honestly I just want a kill throw from here, or a kill confirm off a throw. Then I think we'd be golden. Although I wouldn't mind up smash to be fixed *properly* so you can't fall out of it and doesn't whiff half the time.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I just want a kill throw from here, or a kill confirm off a throw. Then I think we'd be golden. Although I wouldn't mind up smash to be fixed *properly* so you can't fall out of it and doesn't whiff half the time.
Id like double missile cancel back. At it stands now the endlag on those things are just horrendous. Too easy to power sheild at long range (which you get nothing out of) and punishable at mid range, plus they dont kill. Its maddening.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
Id like double missile cancel back. At it stands now the endlag on those things are just horrendous. Too easy to power sheild at long range (which you get nothing out of) and punishable at mid range, plus they dont kill. Its maddening.
I've killed with a super missile before, of course I had alot of rage, hit them near the top of the screen and they where at high percents...but it killed.:yeahboi:

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
I've killed with a super missile before, of course I had alot of rage, hit them near the top of the screen and they where at high percents...but it killed.:yeahboi:
Yea thats not good enough. Even if they dont kill they should at least have high priority, pushback on shield, more horizontal knockback or SOMETHING. Ideally, giving it a higher rate of fire would be best since long range pressure should be paramount for a character with A GUN FOR AN ARM!

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
I've killed with a super missile...

I've killed myself with a super missile that is, when one was reflected back at me. Just adds to the ridiculousness really, that the missile when fired by Samus is practically designed to not kill, yet if it's reflected back it kills. Dumb.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
As appreciated as the buffs were, they still took a year and a half to get here, and F Smash/Up B/Up Smash hitboxes still whiff/have people falling out, D Smash still has 0 use.

Our Missiles should just be like Mii Gunners ( Supers 10 frames less end lag, can have 2 out at a time, Homing track way better)

There's certainly more they could and should do, fingers crossed

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
The end-lag change to d-smash means the back hit of D-smash now has a very respectable tech-chase at zero zero. That's about it. :p
Well, I still use it to cover rolls happy and combo out of D-air into tech chase.
I really like the reduced end-lag on miss input frame perfect DA. That's when I really feel the buff TBH.

Who has a really great D-smash? ROB? Kirby? Fox? D3?
If you look at the combo heavy characters, few have a very good d-smash. Ryu has the worst in the game, it kills even later than Samus' back hit.
Bayo and ZSS are the exception more than the rule I feel, and they're specialized use D-smashes.

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
The buffs have been great, I never thought the dev team would change f-tilt again to a useable move, that was a really nice surprise for me. The movement speed buffs were also high on my wish list.

But at the same time, I still feel like she has some of the worst smash attacks and missiles still feel pretty bad, just compared to any other projectile. Reduced frames on grabs was also cool, but it's still one of the laggiest, and does not have the benefits to compensate.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Who has a really great D-smash? ROB? Kirby? Fox? D3?
Most dsmashes are good kill moves to be honest, except for ZSS and Villager who don't kill *directly*. You go through the list and almost all of them should kill at least in the 140%ish range, even Sheik's and Duck Hunt's.

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Mario, Luigi, Fox, Falco but Yes If we had little Macs that covered so quickly...wether it killed or just lead to tech chases I'd be super happy

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I actually think ZSS more than likely has the best dsmash, better than Mac's even. It has almost no endlag at all, obviously sets up kills really early and all that. It seems like it has more utility than any other dsmash (baits, reads, punishes, and all very safe/no risk).

Anyway off topic

Last edited:
Top Bottom