• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.1.4 - Last chance for buffs!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Sheik, ZSS and Rosalina have slightly less weight.

So Rosalina will die even earlier from our OoS U-Smash. I see the Rosalina matchup in our favour even more now.
The one unit weight change is about a 3% damage difference in KO percentage. Basically, nothing.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
The one unit weight change is about a 3% damage difference in KO percentage. Basically, nothing.
It can make a difference between win and lose. Also with Rage the difference is bigger.

Last edited:

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
Yea in the past few weeks brand new techniques came out the wood work. Its been very exciting actually.
Where can we find them? I was oblivious to these new developments?
Are we finally FJ>Bair>Bair ?
Are we purposefully jumping backwards to reduce our hurtboxes?

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
I don't see Dreamland-jump being too useful given how difficult it is to pull off.
Tether-ledge trump will work wonders, and the up-throw discovery (I feel stupid for not finding that out myself) will useful for those few Mu's. Great finds! Will definitely improve your guys' game.

Rawberry

Smash Rookie
I feel like someone else has said this too, but is it my imagination or does zair have a tiny better set of active frames? Seems to be connecting more while through people (i.e. not at full range) than it used to?

Squaddle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gaulderdash
Maaaaan, can someone deconfirm a bigger fair hitbox, please? I'm landing more hits off way more often than before and it's driving me nuts lol. I know the patch analysis isn't 100% completed yet...

I feel like someone else has said this too, but is it my imagination or does zair have a tiny better set of active frames? Seems to be connecting more while through people (i.e. not at full range) than it used to?
nah, zair feels exactly the same to me!

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Are there any chances of more balance patches being released? I can't imagine they'd never want to buff Samus.

Maybe I'm just in denial. ._.

_gold_

Smash Master
Are there any chances of more balance patches being released? I can't imagine they'd never want to buff Samus.

I doubt it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time fighters would get tweaked was when new DLC would be released. Or you'd have the handful of times they'd simply fix glitches, like Pacman's up-b glitch or Mewtwo's glitches. But those updates wouldn't buff/nerf fighters if I recall. So seeing as this was the last batch of DLC, I don't see it happening.

Last edited:

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
One last balance patch is very likely because Bayonetta & Corrin are new characters and balance tweaking after release is the norm.
But I don't think the other characters will get any changes as long as the community doesn't find something gamebreaking.

MegaBlaster1234

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Srib64
This will definitely be adressed in the near future, but I'm hoping the bugfix patch brings some extra stuff with it.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Maaaaan, can someone deconfirm a bigger fair hitbox, please? I'm landing more hits off way more often than before and it's driving me nuts lol. I know the patch analysis isn't 100% completed yet...

nah, zair feels exactly the same to me!
Fair got buffed a couple patches ago (1.1.1), the looping increased damage helps make the boxes connect better. No size increase though.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Guys no Samus files have changed in 1.1.4. She's exactly the same. Anything you're seeing is either a placebo or a change from a previous patch that you hadn't noticed before.

There's always a chance, but my prediction is that even if we get one, it'll be to almost solely fix any issues with Bayonetta and/or Corrin. I'd be very surprised if any other characters receive any significant changes.

But there's no certainty that we'll even get another patch at all at this stage.

Squaddle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gaulderdash
Fair got buffed a couple patches ago (1.1.1), the looping increased damage helps make the boxes connect better. No size increase though.
Ah, that'd be it, then. Thanks!

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
@zerantoss

To reply to your locked thread. We won't get "fixes" since we've been buffed multiple times? (We haven't we have got some very very slight adjustments as well as a few nerfs)
Then explain Marth/Ike/Lucina?

Pretty sure someone said Marth has acquired 40+ buffs lol. I still have hope for a few fixes.

_gold_

Smash Master
The "buffs" Samus has received has been nothing more than adjustments to her frame data.

Things that should've been there since day 1.

Last edited:

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
The "buffs" Samus has received has been nothing more than adjustments to her frame data.

Things that should've been there since day 1.
They were more hitbox fixes than anything else. And yet it's still possible to fall out of her up smash, which is beyond stupid at this point.

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
They also nerfed f-tilt which was pretty much evens out her other buffs

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Charge Shot Staling & Rage Problem got fixed. This is an oversight because it may be an universal change to projectiles.
Pre-Patch, if you charged your CS to the fullest at 0% and saved it until you have Rage, the CS didn't get any Rage knockback bonus. Now it get's the full Rage Bonus.
Same with Staling, If you have a staled charge shot saved, hitting the opponent with other attacks deletes the CS from the staling list.

That's a buff that changes my playstyle for sure.

Last edited:

samosa

Smash Cadet
Charge Shot Staling & Rage Problem got fixed. This is an oversight because it may be an universal change to projectiles.
Pre-Patch, if you charged your CS to the fullest at 0% and saved it until you have Rage, the CS didn't get any Rage knockback bonus. Now it get's the full Rage Bonus.
Same with Staling, If you have a staled charge shot saved, hitting the opponent with other attacks deletes the CS from the staling list.

That's a buff that changes my playstyle for sure.
Nice!

I don't know about the knockback but the damage staling for charge shot seems to be the same in last patch. So it either changed since 1.1.3 or earlier patches.

Top Bottom