• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.1.1

MeteorSpike

Smash Cadet
how good are floating star bit and guardian luma now? for floating star bit, having a better transcendent projectile might also be better in cases where shooting star bit is neutered by other customs (such as lucario's piercing aura sphere, for example)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
how good are floating star bit and guardian luma now? for floating star bit, having a better transcendent projectile might also be better in cases where shooting star bit is neutered by other customs (such as lucario's piercing aura sphere, for example)
Guardian Luma has been buffed in that it now only has a single hitbox that deals up to 5% damage, and it offers stronger vertical knockback. It can now KO Mario at most 3DS Omega Form stages at 269% damage, while at most Wii U Omega Form stages, Mario gets KO'd at around 253% damage (this also applies to the 3DS version of Omega Form Super Mario Maker).

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Rosalina flat out beats little mac in the neutral
This is why people think Little Mac sucks. Little Mac has an absolutely dominating neutral. If you truly believe that Rosalina beats Mac in neutral, you're either crazy or don't understand the matchup all that well. Little Mac keeps Luma dead the whole match. Once that's done, his frame data is so much better and his smashes have super armor, allowing him to win just about every close encounter. With the new shield mechanics, Little Mac is basically unpunishable on many moves. What do you do against a Little Mac who perfect pivots in and Uptilts? D-tilt? His U-tilt beats out our D-tilt and there's no way you're going to block and punish either.

But of course: "All you have to do is throw him offstage then hit him!!!". The only issue with this is that we die at 50% to a super armored F-smash... and when Little Mac inevitably wins neutral and we're offstage, he's going to D-smash at the ledge and we're going to die because good Little Mac's are consistent with taking advantage of ledge vulnerability. (Same goes with Ike players and eruption. You're never getting back to the stage free against them). So in reality, who actually is going to die more easily? Another key thing worth mentioning is that this is one of Little Mac's easiest matchups in the game...

MeteorSpike

Smash Cadet
Guardian Luma has been buffed in that it now only has a single hitbox that deals up to 5% damage, and it offers stronger vertical knockback. It can now KO Mario at most 3DS Omega Form stages at 269% damage, while at most Wii U Omega Form stages, Mario gets KO'd at around 253% damage (this also applies to the 3DS version of Omega Form Super Mario Maker).
I know what buffs have been applied to Floating Star Big (less endlag/a sooner FAF) and Guardian Luma (more damage, a sooner FAF, larger hitbox [?]), but what I'm wondering is how viable are these 2 customs now? What do these buffs mean for Rosalina?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know what buffs have been applied to Floating Star Big (less endlag/a sooner FAF) and Guardian Luma (more damage, a sooner FAF, larger hitbox [?]), but what I'm wondering is how viable are these 2 customs now? What do these buffs mean for Rosalina?
Guardian Luma is obviously Rosalina's best down special option against any fighters who lack projectiles, such as Wario, Meta Knight, and Ganondorf.

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
This is why people think Little Mac sucks. Little Mac has an absolutely dominating neutral. If you truly believe that Rosalina beats Mac in neutral, you're either crazy or don't understand the matchup all that well. Little Mac keeps Luma dead the whole match. Once that's done, his frame data is so much better and his smashes have super armor, allowing him to win just about every close encounter. With the new shield mechanics, Little Mac is basically unpunishable on many moves. What do you do against a Little Mac who perfect pivots in and Uptilts? D-tilt? His U-tilt beats out our D-tilt and there's no way you're going to block and punish either.

But of course: "All you have to do is throw him offstage then hit him!!!". The only issue with this is that we die at 50% to a super armored F-smash... and when Little Mac inevitably wins neutral and we're offstage, he's going to D-smash at the ledge and we're going to die because good Little Mac's are consistent with taking advantage of ledge vulnerability. (Same goes with Ike players and eruption. You're never getting back to the stage free against them). So in reality, who actually is going to die more easily? Another key thing worth mentioning is that this is one of Little Mac's easiest matchups in the game...
honestly, little mac neutral isn't that good because he has no viable air atks and what do you mean little mac kills luma early, that only happens if rosa is sitting at the edge, your suppose to hold center stage so she won't be put to the corner, plus once when you punish his moves with a grab and juggle him right, he is literally dead. Honestly, I played good little macs at tournaments who killed me at 50% and I still win because my grabs with rosa literally kill him because im good at juggling him. A character that can kill Rosa at 50% may have an advantage, but if they die or gett super cripple from one grab or get thrown offfstage like little mac and ike, then it doesn't matter, Rosa clearly beats them. Dabuz even told me that little mac gets bodied by Rosa and beats ike solidly. So who Im going to trust more, the best Rosa player in the world, or some smashboards player. Im going to say the first.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Little Mac keeps Luma dead the whole match.
This is where I stopped taking the post seriously.

Of all the characters in the game, Little Mac is definitely not one I would describe as someone who keeps "Luma dead the whole match" (no character does this but I digress). If you feel he is, you probably need to work on protecting Luma better.

Little Mac is an easy match up for Rosalina in general, though as it always is with Little Mac, he just has strong clutch potential due to the super armour (which often rewards players who should be punished), and the KO Punch. The latter is super easy for Rosalina to bait, avoid, and punish though, especially with Luma by your side.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In case anyone hasn't noticed this yet, while the Luma can now perform tilts whenever Rosalina gets grabbed, this does NOT work if Yoshi is the one who grabs Rosalina. If Yoshi grabs Rosalina, the Luma can't do anything, so you're pretty much screwed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In case anyone hasn't noticed this yet, while the Luma can now perform tilts whenever Rosalina gets grabbed, this does NOT work if Yoshi is the one who grabs Rosalina. If Yoshi grabs Rosalina, the Luma can't do anything, so you're pretty much screwed.
But Luma could always do tilts when Rosalina was grabbed.

It was only during throws that Luma couldn't attack.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But Luma could always do tilts when Rosalina was grabbed.

It was only during throws that Luma couldn't attack.
But once Yoshi has Rosalina in his mouth, the Luma can't attack, so Yoshi is free to pummel Rosalina without any interference at all. That's something that even Sheik, Pikachu, and Zero Suit Samus isn't able to do.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But once Yoshi has Rosalina in his mouth, the Luma can't attack, so Yoshi is free to pummel Rosalina without any interference at all. That's something that even Sheik, Pikachu, and Zero Suit Samus isn't able to do.
I'm referring to the part where you mentioned "Luma can now do tilts when Rosalina is grabbed".

You said it like it's a new thing but you could always do this since launch, it was never removed. They just disabled Rosalina's ability to make inputs for Luma while she is in hitstun or while she is being thrown.

As for the Yoshi thing it isn't a big deal. Yoshi's grab is terrible to begin with and isn't a problem for other characters. Yoshi's grab simply treats Rosalina like every other character. This doesn't suddenly make him a hard counter to Rosalina since his grab is not worth writing home about to begin with. It's very telegraphed, very punishable, and doesn't have much range. His pummel isn't too fast either and he doesn't throw very far, and he doesn't have any super great combos from them because all of his throws have a bit of cooldown.

Either way it's likely a mistake (if it weren't they'd apply this change to every character, especially considering how much people whine for it). So they'll probably fix this in a later patch.

Top Bottom