• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.1.1

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
I heard that a new patch from Dabuz is coming, Any nerf predictions? Also, I can't find the release date for the patch

Last edited:

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
There is a high likelihood that there will be a patch on the 30th, when the Mario maker stage comes out.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I heard that a new patch from Dabuz is coming, Any nerf predictions? Also, I can't find the release date for the patch
I think a patch on the 30th is an assumption. I'm pretty sure there will be more stuff then just one stage. So having a patch around the 30th or a bit later isn't a bad guess.

As for predictions I guess get rid of this silliness? https://vine.co/v/eTmJDHQYIzA

I'm familiar with how Rosaluma works but I kinda find it ridiculous and hilarious at the same time.

Should have killed Luma first before going for that Freeze there Lucas.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
There's a 50:50 chance. It could be a patch, and it couldn't. At any rate, I'm praying Rosalina dodges the nerf hammer. Sakurai thankfully doesn't seem to be too intent on nerfing her.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There's a 50:50 chance. It could be a patch, and it couldn't. At any rate, I'm praying Rosalina dodges the nerf hammer. Sakurai thankfully doesn't seem to be too intent on nerfing her.
Sakurai shouldn't be nerfing characters because of tier list.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There is no tier list right now. It's just agreed upon that Sheik is the best character in the game. Everything else is up for debate.
I don't really think that balance patch really makes the game balance if just nerfing characters. Bug fixes should be top priority, then buff some characters.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't really think that balance patch really makes the game balance if just nerfing characters. Bug fixes should be top priority, then buff some characters.
This game is relatively polished, instant death trampolines notwithstanding. I don't think they're's been a patch yet that was strictly nerfs. Somebody's been buffed in some way every patch.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This game is relatively polished, instant death trampolines notwithstanding. I don't think they're's been a patch yet that was strictly nerfs. Somebody's been buffed in some way every patch.
Yeah, like Ike for example. However, some still needs buffs.

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
thanks for the possible date being the 30th. Honestly, rosa doesn't need any more nerfs because she has too many weaknesses,. Dabuz even told me that she won't be viable when this games meta game has been fully developed like Brawls is now. Honestly I think Dabuz is a little hard on himself and Rosa would possibly be at the lowest at upper mid tier. Also Luma hitstun needs to be buff. because its bad that he goes into free fall after two hits by a weak atk like sheik F-air

Last edited:

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Rosalina has yet to receive any hard nerfs, even from her 3DS glory she wasn't hit THAT hard. Last two patches were kind to her and she hasn't seen anything crazy since then so I think we'll survive another patch easy :)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina has yet to receive any hard nerfs, even from her 3DS glory she wasn't hit THAT hard. Last two patches were kind to her and she hasn't seen anything crazy since then so I think we'll survive another patch easy :)
It just weird that the competitive Smash community brag Rosalina the most...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina does have the Luma by her side, while everyone else fights alone. Of course, Duck Hunt is composed of the dog and duck, but unlike with Rosalina and the Luma (along with the Ice Climbers), the dog and duck always stay together.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina does have the Luma by her side, while everyone else fights alone. Of course, Duck Hunt is composed of the dog and duck, but unlike with Rosalina and the Luma (along with the Ice Climbers), the dog and duck always stay together.
Did Ice Climbers get a lot of OP hate before? I don't think so, there has to be something wrong then just of her being OP and the Luma.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Did Ice Climbers get a lot of OP hate before? I don't think so, there has to be something wrong then just of her being OP and the Luma.
Having a 13 second timer to do damage to Rosalina after getting rid of that piece of Popcorn might be the issue.

Although I got to say I saw one video where someone got a shield break on Rosalina, charged a Smash and got bopped by Luma.

And that was all folks.

I mean I get it but is Rosalina is supposed to be the puppetmaster I find it hilarious Luma can still act while Rosalina is disabled.

I almost want to pick up Rosalina because of the wonderful things Luma does for you.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Having a 13 second timer to do damage to Rosalina after getting rid of that piece of Popcorn might be the issue.

Although I got to say I saw one video where someone got a shield break on Rosalina, charged a Smash and got bopped by Luma.

And that was all folks.

I mean I get it but is Rosalina is supposed to be the puppetmaster I find it hilarious Luma can still act while Rosalina is disabled.

I almost want to pick up Rosalina because of the wonderful things Luma does for you.
Oh yeah, that one. It makes people more mad when there's a time Rosalina is in shield break and high damage, Luma can just KO you when you do a charge Smash attack.

Or even...

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
That OP chain grab? Yeah... I found it really OP, but it takes a good timing to do it.
Yeah, its hard to do, but if you master it, its pretty op how it it can shut down a lot of characters in the game because they don't have tools to avoid their grab.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Sakurai shouldn't be nerfing characters because of tier list.
I'm actually astonished that Rosa hasn't been nerfed because of her performance in CASUAL play, TBH...

Luma's Fsmash goes ridiculously far and kills very early, and even with Luma gone, she still has some decent KO power and amazing hitboxes.

I'm not sure why we don't see more Rosas online, because even a moderately good one can be a nightmare to deal with...

That OP chain grab? Yeah... I found it really OP, but it takes a good timing to do it.
Sad thing is that icies wouldn't even have that in SSB4 because of the regrab timer. The only reason we lost them was because the 3DS couldn't handle them, sadly. :\

Last edited:

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
The hate is starting to settle down but it's mostly b/c people get very frustrated fighting a defensive character that walls you out so well. Some players (alot actually, might even say most) just don't have the patience to deal.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm actually astonished that Rosa hasn't been nerfed because of her performance in CASUAL play, TBH...
She did got a lot of nerfs in the first patch, and I don't really think whether it's because of her performance in casual play or not matters, character nerfs/buffs have not really done it because of their performance. Take Greninja for example, he's not like that OP but he still got nerfed .
Luma's Fsmash goes ridiculously far and kills very early, and even with Luma gone, she still has some decent KO power and amazing hitboxes.
Of course, but please aware that her F Smash also has a significant ending lag, so there's nothing to argue about that.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
She did got a lot of nerfs in the first patch, and I don't really think whether it's because of her performance in casual play or not matters, character nerfs/buffs have not really done it because of their performance. Take Greninja for example, he's not like that OP but he still got nerfed .
There has to be some correlation, unless you believe Sakurai is buffing and nerfing at random...

Of course, but please aware that her F Smash also has a significant ending lag, so there's nothing to argue about that.
That matters very, VERY little when Luma can be Fsmashing someone clear on the other side of the stage. :p

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Nerf Luma in the aspect that Luma can't act if Rosalina is otherwise disabled from taking any action.

That is all that is required honestly.

Just like all Sheik needs is a nerf to needles.

And in return everything else gets touched except for the one thing people complain about. Baffling.

------------------------

Besides doesn't Sakurai look at For Fun and the more casual modes like FFA's and Conquest results to measure up who needs attributes altered? If Rosa has a hard time in those modes it isn't far to suggest that Rosa might get buffs.

Honestly I wouldn't mind Luma getting more HP and just getting the respawn time to a hefty 20 seconds.

Luma can be out on the field longer unless they fall off and the opponent has that time to actually put pressure on Rosa who supposedly has a decent kit by herself anyway.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nerf Luma in the aspect that Luma can't act if Rosalina is otherwise disabled from taking any action.
There's only one problem with that; the tips clearly mention that the Luma can attack while Rosalina is stunned or asleep.

You can attack with Luma even when Rosalina can't move, but you won't be able to while grabbed or right after being launched.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
There's only one problem with that; the tips clearly mention that the Luma can attack while Rosalina is stunned or asleep.

You can attack with Luma even when Rosalina can't move, but you won't be able to while grabbed or right after being launched.
You know what change I'd like to see though. A better way to see all the tips. That way we can learn all the little tricks that would be nice to know and save a lot of whining.

Still didn't they add that tip to accompany the change? Pretty sure they did.

Being able to act after a shield break though? I don't get it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There has to be some correlation, unless you believe Sakurai is buffing and nerfing at random...

That matters very, VERY little when Luma can be Fsmashing someone clear on the other side of the stage. :p
Maybe, I believe he does take online performance as a consider sometimes.

Fsmashing is one of a risky move for Rosalina, it has a great hitbox when Luma is around. Without Luma, she can't spam that move. So as like what everyone says, take Luma down first.

TriTails

Smash Lord

There was this tip that read somewhere along the lines of 'Luigi's Fireballs doesn't go as far as his brother, but it doesn't lose power the farther it travels' yet patch 1.0.6 blatantly just ripped that tip off.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There was this tip that read somewhere along the lines of 'Luigi's Fireballs doesn't go as far as his brother, but it doesn't lose power the farther it travels' yet patch 1.0.6 blatantly just ripped that tip off.
So if updates can add tips, so it can remove some tips that are patched, what a bummer...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The tip below was used before the 1.0.8 update.

Luma can attack even if Rosalina is stunned or sleeping. This can save you in a pinch.

Obviously, the tip got modified, since the Luma can't do anything if Rosalina gets grabbed and thrown.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Luma can attack even when Rosalina is grabbed. It's one of the most complained things about her because she is basically immune to pummels (As long as Luma is tethered, that is). The only time when Luma can't attack is when Rosalina is thrown, and if your throw has weak knockback/little hitstun then you must act fast before you get a N-air to the face.

But on topic: Tips don't guarantee anything.

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533

I'm not sure why we don't see more Rosas online, because even a moderately good one can be a nightmare to deal with...

Sad thing is that icies wouldn't even have that in SSB4 because of the regrab timer. The only reason we lost them was because the 3DS couldn't handle them, sadly. :\
Are you kidding me, most rosalinas at casual play usually lose. I defeated 8 low level rosas in a row with Lucina because they don't know how to play her right. She takes a lot of skill to do well because of her obvious weaknesses. And many casual players don't take advantage of her strong tools, they just blindly go in. A half decent Rosa player is usually a player thats serious about maining her and doing well to either show pride or win money in tournaments

Last edited:

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Luma can be out on the field longer unless they fall off and the opponent has that time to actually put pressure on Rosa who supposedly has a decent kit by herself anyway.
The people who say SoRo has a decent kit are mainly people who don't use her at all. If SoRo was her own character, she would go 30:70 (Or worse) against just about every character in the game. That is not decent. That is not the makings of a decent character. That is the makings of bottom tier.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Are you kidding me, most rosalinas at casual play usually lose. I defeated 8 low level rosas in a row with Lucina because they don't know how to play her right. She takes a lot of skill to do well because of her obvious weaknesses. And many casual players don't take advantage of her strong tools, they just blindly go in. A half decent Rosa player is usually a player thats serious about maining her and doing well to either show pride or win money in tournaments
Yeah, I actually found myself had a hard time fighting against Lucina as well. That may be my problem, but I really think Marth and Lucina are just... annoying characters to fight against...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Are you kidding me, most rosalinas at casual play usually lose. I defeated 8 low level rosas in a row with Lucina because they don't know how to play her right.
And I've seen Rosalinas in casual do very, VERY well, especially in team battles where she provides so much extra hitbox coverage.

So that makes us even. :p

But really, I think she's safe from the nerf bat until a good Rosa starts showing up in Japanese tourneys since that seems to be where Sakurai pays attention...

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I personally don't think Rosa will be hit with nerfs if at all.

Most eyes might be on Sheik now.

And buffing other characters that have problems or just cuz.

Top Bottom