• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.0.4 Released for Smash 3DS, No Public Patch Notes

metaXzero

Smash Champion
...And people then ask why some in the Smash fanbase are considered childish. They cope with this update with the emotional maturity of a five year old.
Trading the game or not buying it just for this? Overreacting much? Are people really just that incapable to wait and adapt before getting all judgmental? Guess some around here are.
Reminds of a guy who said that he was trading in Injustice because Scorpion was announced as DLC. It's pathetic and funny at the same time.
Who is asking? No fanbase is mature and they all complain about patches like this (especially when they are ninja patches). Adapting won't bring those lost ATs back nor will it make Nintendo not continue the path of cracking down on things not because they break the game, but because some scrub who can't even handle rolling complained or because it deviates from Sakurai's grand Smash plan.

I really don't see a positive future for this game. Competitively anyway.

AyeYoDeji

Smash Rookie
NNID
AyeYoDeji
3DS FC
2337-5487-0135
I hate how i cant back air the hydrant anymore >.<

AyeYoDeji

Smash Rookie
NNID
AyeYoDeji
3DS FC
2337-5487-0135
i hate how i can't back air the hydrant anymore >.<

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Who is asking? No fanbase is mature and they all complain about patches like this (especially when they are ninja patches). Adapting won't bring those lost ATs back nor will it make Nintendo not continue the path of cracking down on things not because they break the game, but because some scrub who can't even handle rolling complained or because it deviates from Sakurai's grand Smash plan.

I really don't see a positive future for this game. Competitively anyway.
See, this is what I'm talking about. You see no future for this game already just because of some changes that this patch brought? This is what it's called overreacting and it's silly when you exaggerate the consequences that this brought. You don't even know what kind of path Nintendo will continue with this updates nor how the future of the scene will unfold specially when it's off to a good start.
You speak of scrubs but your telling me that adapting won't help. The problem lies with you then if you are unwilling to do it.

Last edited:

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
...And people then ask why some in the Smash fanbase are considered childish. They cope with this update with the emotional maturity of a five year old.
Trading the game or not buying it just for this? Overreacting much? Are people really just that incapable to wait and adapt before getting all judgmental? Guess some around here are.
Reminds of a guy who said that he was trading in Injustice because Scorpion was announced as DLC. It's pathetic and funny at the same time.
Lol calm down mommy, this game just isn't for me, they haven't let the meta game develop and I'm just uninterested. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
I don't see why everyone is complaining.

1) Vectoring is gone, this made Smash 4 more like Brawl but now there are combos.

2) DI is back. This was a huge complaint.

3) The characters who have had high placings at tournies were nerfed.

Nintendo is actually balancing the game, I guess everyone has something to cry about.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Lol calm down mommy, this game just isn't for me, they haven't let the meta game develop and I'm just uninterested. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
Oh don't worry, whether you ultimately decide to trade the game or not is of no concern to nobody else.
Not that that stops us from pointing out the stupidity of the reasoning behind that action.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
See, this is what I'm talking about. You see no future for this game already just because of some changes that this patch brought? This is what it's called overreacting and it's silly when you exaggerate the consequences that this brought. You don't even know what kind of path Nintendo will continue with this updates nor how the future of the scene will unfold specially when it's off to a good start.
You speak of scrubs but your telling me that adapting won't help. The problem lies with you then if you are unwilling to do it.
Removing DACUS, toss canceling, and Greninja's stuff is very telling of what kind of patches this game will get as long as Nintendo provides support. With that in mind, what's the point in adapting and exploring new options if next patch will kill it all? Do you enjoy an already simple game becoming even more simplified? Then sure, keep on playing. But not everyone enjoys that and no, that doesn't make them less of a person or a whiner. They just don't enjoy Smash 4's direction. Which was inevitable.

Oh don't worry, whether you ultimately decide to trade the game or not is of no concern to nobody else.
Not that that stops us from pointing out the stupidity of the reasoning behind that action.
Not liking the clear direction a game is going is a stupid reason for giving up on a game? What is a good reason then?

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Removing DACUS, toss canceling, and Greninja's stuff is very telling of what kind of patches this game will get as long as Nintendo provides support. With that in mind, what's the point in adapting and exploring new options if next patch will kill it all? Do you enjoy an already simple game becoming even more simplified? Then sure, keep on playing. But not everyone enjoys that and no, that doesn't make them less of a person or a whiner. They just don't enjoy Smash 4's direction. Which was inevitable.
Again, you are overreacting. I'm sure removing that stuff was kinda painful but disregarding it this early just shows how close-minded and (yes) whiny people get when they realize they have to find new ways to adapt. In the end it's very trivial, but hey people need to make a storm in a glass of water.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Again, you are overreacting. I'm sure removing that stuff was kinda painful but disregarding it this early just shows how close-minded and (yes) whiny people get when they realize they have to find new ways to adapt. In the end it's very trivial, but hey people need to make a storm in a glass of water.
It's not about "hur I don't want to adapt". It's about the fact that if you adapt the way Sakurai and friends don't want you to, that method gets axed. It's the fact that not all ways of "adapting" to the game will keep you enjoying the game. And if you can't enjoy the game anymore, why play anymore?

It's trivial to you because you don't care about this stuff. Which is fine. But don't complain when others do care.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
The reasoning is that this game isn't for me. Might wanna check yourself.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
It's not about "hur I don't want to adapt". It's about the fact that if you adapt the way Sakurai and friends don't want you to, that method gets axed. It's the fact that not all ways of "adapting" to the game will keep you enjoying the game. And if you can't enjoy the game anymore, why play anymore?

It's trivial to you because you don't care about this stuff. Which is fine. But don't complain when others do care.
What was the dramatic change that made the game feel less enjoyable to you? They nerfed the characters who were already proving to be strong and that as a whole helps entirely.

If you don't want to buy the game that's fine, don't post it in every thread and bring negative comments from a bias perspective.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot

1) Vectoring is gone, this made Smash 4 more like Brawl but now there are combos.

Nintendo is actually balancing the game, I guess everyone has something to cry about.
This

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero

[citation needed]
Spreading more disinformation won't make the other disinformation go away.

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943

Vectoring was a weaker DI, it did NOT stop combos, airdodging out of tumble is what interrupt combos, since most of them happen in the air.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
He left the "features" in the game intentionally, but that doesn't mean he made sure these "features" were created intentionally.

Accidents are called glitches, not intended features. And as you said yourself, changing the engine would have caused more damage than good, so small engine related glitches like these wasn't a priority to fix.
This is really wrong. Not the definition of a glitch at all. And not what Sakurai has gone on record saying.

Last edited:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
How the hell is it "disinformation"?
Trying to troll, just ignore their posts.

Vectoring was a weaker DI, it did NOT stop combos, airdodging out of tumble is what interrupt combos, since most of them happen in the air.
DI doesn't allow you to completely control the knock back you take, DI is for directional influence, never has DI allowed you to control knockback. Read StrongBad's article on it.

Last edited:

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
DI doesn't allow you to completely control the knock back you take, DI is for directional influence, never has DI allowed you to control knockback. Read StrongBad's article on it.
I know what it does, but it was proven that it is in fact weaker than regular DI and it didn't affect combos aside from a few strings, like Mario's utilt combo. Anyway, someone said that Vectoring is now out and DI is back again, but I can't find any confirmation about this . 3.

Rdxgeno

Smash Rookie
Woooow. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't salty about all of the changes that are confirmed. Oh well, This game can't be for everyone I guess. Best of luck to those who are still interested. I'll try to keep a close eye on the competitive scene every once in a while and see how things go in the long run...

DestinyDecade

Smash Rookie
I don't know if its already mentioned but 1.0.4 also got rid of replays from previous versions forcing you to clean out and start anew.

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
Thank god they nerfed Rosalina, she was so broken... I struggle fighting her more than anyone else, her and her damn Luma minions...

DestinyDecade

Smash Rookie
I'm pleased too. Rosalina can be a pain in the butt to deal with and at times, I did win against her. But now with the nerfing, it can be a bit easier.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Trying to troll, just ignore their posts.
Sweet bait man. Here's a reply.

How the hell is it "disinformation"?
Because it's incorrect statements being purported as fact. Vectoring is still in the game, DI is not in the game, and almost every character received changes that are some combination of buffs and nerfs. It isn't just winning characters that got hit and it isn't just poor ones that got boons.

Last edited:

ProfessorTakehiko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0240-2597
It sounds like Sakurai's selfish just because he didn't nerf Ganondorf. I'm gonna miss my Shadow Sneak & Fire Hydrant technique for my characters... T~T Well... At least Shulk's been buffed... But, I'm not convinced about Sakurai nerfing my main. It's stupid how he only focuses on the little things in the game.

D

Deleted member

I honestly hate how they are removing all of these ATs from Smash 4.
The developers intended are limited and flawed, Smash Bros isn't why we play Smash, its because not only is a celebration of most Nintendo things, being able to have parties and pit Pit (lol) against the likes of Mewtwo (who is on the way), but its a competitive fighter with competitive, quirky, unique, unlimited gameplay, and let me elaborate on that.

Competitive: All of the Smash games except for Brawl all have competitive value. Most of the characters are very balanced amoungst the 3 games (64, Melee, Smash 4), they are all fast paced (even Smash 4, but not to the same degree), they all maintain the "rules" option to mend a competitive ruleset, they all have few viable stages, however those few are good and diverse enough to keep players content, and their are combos in the 3 games.

Quirky: The stuff like DKs or DDD's expressions for example, and the fact that it isn't violent like most games. Smash in general is a lighthearted game, and hopefully Japanese people like Sakurai continue to be the main category of people whom design Smash, because if over here in the USA (where i live) or Canada, etc. got a hold of Smash, then the entire project could potentially fall apart.

Unique: There is no official game like Smash... besides... THAT.. game...

ANYWAYS... from the non flat and linear stages, the ledge mechanics, the ATs and Exploits (which are in all games but are different for each), And most of all, the high-flying launch power combat, Smash doesn't have it all, and that's a good thing, Smash doesn't have, linear stages, lack of ledges, or poor ATs and Exploits, You don't need it all to be the best fighting game around.
Besides, where am i to find Mewtwo and Pit in
Street Fighter 428 Battle Of Champions XD Edition?

Unlimited: I am going to be honest, if Smash were just as the developers intended, it would be very boring, and i would probably be a casual gamer (i am currently competitive). As a programmer, i can obviously create and modify games, so i did a test you could call it. What i did, was i extracted Melee's code line for line, variable for variable, binary for binary, and uplifted all glitches and exploits from the game, any scrapped character files (no, not any scrapped character's files, scrapped character files, there is a difference the latter being an old Mario file for example.) i brought back as a clone character, i did this by reverse engineering a saved moveset file, all i did was undo the save, which is possible. This took about 1-3 years to complete, the result? a slow... yes, Melee, slow, boring, bland, linear, pathetic, pitiful, nauseating, TRASH, TRASH, TRASH!

The developer's intents are flawed, and the path they are taking now is ruining the game, Nintendo needs to add more ATs and Exploits into Smash 4, or this game could be worst than even Brawl.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
The developers intended are limited and flawed, Smash Bros isn't why we play Smash, its because not only is a celebration of most Nintendo things, being able to have parties and pit Pit (lol) against the likes of Mewtwo (who is on the way), but its a competitive fighter with competitive, quirky, unique, unlimited gameplay, and let me elaborate on that.

Competitive: All of the Smash games except for Brawl all have competitive value. Most of the characters are very balanced amoungst the 3 games (64, Melee, Smash 4), they are all fast paced (even Smash 4, but not to the same degree), they all maintain the "rules" option to mend a competitive ruleset, they all have few viable stages, however those few are good and diverse enough to keep players content, and their are combos in the 3 games.

Quirky: The stuff like DKs or DDD's expressions for example, and the fact that it isn't violent like most games. Smash in general is a lighthearted game, and hopefully Japanese people like Sakurai continue to be the main category of people whom design Smash, because if over here in the USA (where i live) or Canada, etc. got a hold of Smash, then the entire project could potentially fall apart.

ANYWAYS... from the non flat and linear stages, the ledge mechanics, the ATs and Exploits (which are in all games but are different for each), And most of all, the high-flying launch power combat, Smash doesn't have it all, and that's a good thing, Smash doesn't have, linear stages, lack of ledges, or poor ATs and Exploits, You don't need it all to be the best fighting game around.

Unlimited: I am going to be honest, if Smash were just as the developers intended, it would be very boring, and i would probably be a casual gamer (i am currently competitive). As a programmer, i can obviously create and modify games, so i did a test you could call it. What i did, was i extracted Melee's code line for line, variable for variable, binary for binary, and uplifted all glitches and exploits from the game, any scrapped character files (no, not any scrapped character's files, scrapped character files, there is a difference the latter being an old Mario file for example.) i brought back as a clone character, i did this by reverse engineering a saved moveset file, all i did was undo the save, which is possible. This took about 1-3 years to complete, the result? a slow... yes, Melee, slow, boring, bland, linear, pathetic, pitiful, nauseating, TRASH, TRASH, TRASH!

The developer's intents are flawed, and the path they are taking now is ruining the game, Nintendo needs to add more ATs and Exploits into Smash 4, or this game could be worst than even Brawl.
tl;dr

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Does this mean all toss canceling is gone? So literally anytime the game is played in a way Nintendo did not intend it to be they are going to patch it and call the techniques "glitches". I'm sticking to melee until that changes....
No, it means that they are going to fix anything that hampers gameplay. Unbalanced techs that disrupt risk/reward balancing and the decision-making process in a way that limits gameplay potential are objective flaws that should be fixed.

...and Melee would be a better game without its list of assorted gameplay-killing techs.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Good lord, what's gotten into everyone around here? Arguing, whining, crying, complaining, excuses and some other **** all because of an update?

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus

Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't let this one slide.

This is the single most ignorant, short-sighted and bigoted post relating to Smash Bros that I have ever read. 90% of all of this is not only utter nonsense, but is objectively wrong and screams of someone trying to pass off their opinion and preference as absolute truth. Were it worth my time, I'd carefully comb through this post and outline every reason why almost every poorly-reasoned "point" is completely wrong.

SuperHyperMegaTurbo

Smash Cadet
Hm... people are complaining about everything.
The balance of the game certainly has changed significantly, but is that really a good reason to get upset and even dismiss the game?

Personally, I find it very exciting.
With such radical changes, who knows what could happen?
For instance, matches taking so long is not going to happen anymore!

I think this patch is a lot more than one step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom