• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(PART 3) Choose 1 character in smash that fits each description the most: Best,Worst color swaps/Funniest,worst taunt/Best,worst pose

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
BEST COLOR SWAP- Pokemon Trainer
I love how each color represents a trainer from each generation. My favorite is Gold and May.

WORST COLOR SWAP- Pac-Man
I'm sorry but all of pac-man colors are just PAINFULLY boring. He still yellow in all of them.

FUNNIEST TAUNT- Pichu
It's gonna feel so good killing someone and then doing this taunt. He looks so carefree and joyful. The one where he charges electricity and then gets all dizzy is adorably hilarious.

WORST TAUNT- Dr Mario
Dear god Dr Mario's taunts look better as idle. You wont even notice him taunting at all. I wonder if the stereotype is that doctors are boring.

BEST POSE- King K. Rool

He has the sassy fat lady pose so funny!

WORST POSE- Jigglypuff

I REALLY hate that they changed her pose from smash 4. Now she's just sitting there...tho it's better than her creepy pose from brawl. Just staring at the screen.

Now it's your guys turn!

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Best Color Swaps: :ultinkling: Self-explanatory.
Worst Color Swaps: :ultkingdedede: I don't think there's a single one in his Smash 4 palette swaps that I actually think looks good.
Funniest Taunt: :ultsnake: Purely for his codecs, as well as being able to pick up the box and see him sitting down
Worst Taunt: :ultdoc: Have to agree with you on this one.
Best Pose: :ultmarth:His pose is an elegant battle stance, it suits him really well.
Worst Pose: :ultmario: Everyone else is usually in some battle stance, but Mario's just straight up attacking.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Best Color Swap: :4bowserjr: Its almost 7 echo fighters in one character.
Worst Color Swap: :4ganondorf: there is something about those color swaps that leave me unimpressed.
Funniest Taunt: :4peach: It's so funny to use "la la la la la la" over and over and over again.
Worst Taunt: :4drmario: eh sure, why not pick on the good doctor.
Best Pose::4sonic: Looks pretty sweet to me.
Worst Pose: :4tlink: they just made him look like he is fierce and tough. I think they could've made him a bit more cute (this reminds me of Kirby).

D

Deleted member

Best Color Swap - Fierce Deity :ultlink:
Worst Color Swap - I want to say :ultsonic::ultpacman: leave a lot to be desired, but they would've looked like OC's crafted from the finest of Donut Steel otherwise. Hm... I wasn't a huge fan of most of :4ganondorf:'s in 4.
Funniest Taunt - "You're too slow!" :sonic:
Worst Taunt - :ultdoc: (other than the pill toss)
Best Pose -:ultrichter: gives a peace sign just like he did in Rondo of Blood.

RichterVictory (2).png

Worst Pose - :4corrinf: "Good."

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Best color swap: :ultbowserjr:
Worst color swap: :ultcloud: (mainly just the same grey colors)
Funniest taunt: :ultwario: ("HAHAHAHA" *mouth close*)
Worst taunt: :ultdoc: (self-explanatory)
Best pose: :ultness:
Worst pose: :ultluigi:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Best Palettes (so far): :ultpit:'s Breast-Cancer-Awareness Outfit is back.
Worst Palettes (so far): :ultganondorf:'s palettes look boring at best and garish at worst.
Funniest Taunt: :ultpalutena:'s Side Taunt. RIP ESRB. (:sonic:'s Side-Taunt is a very close second)
Worst Taunt: :ultsonic:'s post-Brawl Side Taunt.
Best Pose: N/A
Worst Pose: N/A

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
They're in spoilers boxes because I am kind of interested to see if you guys can guess them before seeing them. Some aren't who you think they will be.
:ultbowserjr:
I would say these palette swaps are the most unique idea for palette swaps Sakurai ever brought to the table.
:ultcloud:
Every one uses dark colors such as blue, dark grey, or black as the shirt color, and there's hardly any differences otherwise.
:ultsnake:
The Codecs were freaking awesome. Whatever taunt is used to trigger this on Shadow Moses Island is the best.
:ultdoc:
Besides the pill throw, they just look like idle animations.
:ultridley:
This one just looks ready for action. He looks like he's going to try hard to be a top tier.
:ultolimar:
Like, what's Olimar even doing in his pose on the main website?
We could create a Super Smash Bros Year Book with all of these "Choose one character for...".
It would be the Ultimate Year Book (pun intended).

First List
Second List

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Best colour swaps::ultbayonetta:
Worst colour swaps::ultganondorf:
Best taunts::ultness:
Worst taunts::ultridley:
Best pose::ultrob:
Worst pose::ultlucina:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Best Color Swap: Bowser Jr.
Worst Color Swap: Sonic
Best Taunts: Snake
Worst Taunts: Game & Watch
Best Pose: Shulk
Worst Pose: Richter

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Best Colour Swaps: :ultbowserjr:easily. His swaps are actual other characters.
Worst Colour Swaps: :ultpalutena: The Medusa and Viridi ones could at LEAST change the hair to the characters colours.
Funniest Taunts: :ultluigi: The rapid pose one is amazing, the fact another one can DAMAGE an opponent with a simple kick and his last one being the weirdest taunt idea we've seen to date in that planking animation.
Worst Taunts: :ultsheik: Whilst Docs are pretty awful, Sheik's seem equally dreadful to me. The handstand is about the only memorable one. Not a single one whips out a harp either which is the only fricking thing Sheik does in her actual game.
Best pose: :ultwolf: WOLF FANG FIST
Worst Pose: :ultinkling: to the extent I can't see much difference between the regular Splatoon amiibo and the Smash one. Could have done something more varied for Inkling.

Daniel Lopes Lima

Smash Rookie
Worst taunt::ultlucario:just random fighting stances.Not even the Sayian wannabe was interesting
As for the others,I'll wait

Matoi

Smash Apprentice
Best Color Swaps :ultkirby:

Worst Color Swaps :ultpacman:

Best Taunts :ultpalutena:

Worst Taunts :ultolimar:

Best Pose :ultdaisy:

Worst Pose :ultyoshi:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Best Color Swaps (so far): :ultpokemontrainer:. There are still a few that he should have (Rocket Grunt/Squirtle Squad/Black Rose Ivy/Shiny Zard), but the Trainer designs themselves are great, and from what I can see the Squirtle designs are all fitting.
Best Individual Swaps: Dark Link, Shadow Mewtwo, Blond Pit, TPesque Zelda​

Worst Color Swaps: :ultcorrin:. There really aren't any interesting ones since they all have the same pastel clothes/hair. At least Robin's green no longer has green hair.
Worst individual Swaps: Purple Fox, Waluigi Mario​
Best Taunts: :ultbayonetta:. If only for the inevitable moveset swap hacks. I can't wait to see Ridley/K.Rool/Squirtle/Ivysaur dance.

Worst Taunts: :ultlucina: Hers were really standard in Sm4sh. Nothing really that memorable.

Best Pose: :ultpeach:. They did a fantastic job with her render. It's so full of life

Worst Pose: :ultrob: Srsly what is he doing?

Shade Vortex

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadeVortex
3DS FC
3179-6062-5596
Best Color Swap:

Advent Children Cloud (2nd one) - MY favorite FF char in my favorite non-game FF media-related outfit.
Worst Color Swaps: Probably any of the slightly different Sonic alts.

Best Taunts: YOU'RE TOO SLOW

Worst Taunts: Uh... I think that goes to Dr. Mario, his are just lame.

Best Pose: Sonic's (as it's really similar to Classic Sonic's pose from the end of Mania/cg reveal of Forces).

Worst Pose: Dr. Mario's because it's just so plain/boring. I mean, he should be doing this pose (it's much better):

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Best Colour Swaps: :ultsamus:
Worst Colour Swaps: :ultpacman:'s is by far the worst
Best Taunts: :ultpeach:'s Lalalalala Taunt
Worst Taunts: :ultbowser:'s taunts are really boring imo (especially the down taunt)
Best Pose: :ultsamus: (even though SSB4 Samus's Pose was boring, SSBU made a proper Samus Pose that works for me)
Worst Poses: :ultmewtwo: - looks kinda plain for the character

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Best Color Swaps: :ultpokemontrainer: Same reason as OP, but...
Worst Color Swaps: :ultpokemontrainer: Because though I love the Trainer color swaps, I dislike when characters change skin tones, and all of their Pokemon will do such. I like when it feels like the character put on another outfit, but not when they make drastic changes (see also :ultlucina: and her hair color changes, despite loving that her outfits represent Awakening girls).
Funniest Taunt: :ultpeach: LA LA LA LA LAAAAA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAA LA (:ultpalutena:'s pole dance is great too)
Worst Taunt: :ultdoc: My house jokes that maybe it's a doctor thing to pat yourself on the back and rub your chin.
Best Pose: :ultrobinIt just feels dynamic.
Worst Pose: :ultluigi: Would it kill you to look competent for once? You look like you're failing at twerking.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Best Color Swaps: :ultkingdedede: "his obi has so much variety, would be awsome to see a Masked Dedede alt costume"

Worst Color Swaps: :ultsonic: "50 shades of blue"

Funniest Taunt: :ultwario: "Shakey shake it! Cha-Cha-Chicka-Boom!"

Worst Taunt: :ultdoc: "Doctor noise"

Best Pose: :ultkirby: "Haii!" <(0.0)>

Worst Pose: :ultgnw: "9/10 utter turd"

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Best colour swaps: :ultmetaknight:. Most times I play as him, as use the Dark Meta Knight alt.

Worst: ???

Funniest Taunt: :ultluigi: Down Taunt: one of the most secretly lethal taunts in smash history

Worst Taunt: ???, but all I know is that :ultsnake: needs two more original taunts

Best Pose: :ultkrool:, but :ultvillager::ultbowser: and :ultwolf: are close behind

Worst Pose: ???

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Best Color Swaps - :ultkirby: (Kirby’s color swaps have a lot of cool references to his games of origin. There’s Keeby (if you remember him go get yourself a cookie), the multiplayer Kirbies, a monochrome Gameboy-style palette, an orange palette that resembles Waddle Dee and even Maskless Meta Knight.)

Worst Color Swaps - :ultpacman: (Sonic's have improved a little, but Pac-Man's are uhh...)

Funniest Taunts - :ultwiifittrainer: (Stretch those shoulders!)

Worst Taunts - :ultvillager: (Y'know what they say at the start of Spongebob? I CAN'T HEAR YOOOOOOOOOU! You barely notice he's even taunting half the time)

Best Pose - :ultsora: (Some great variation here with his alts!)

Worst Pose - :ultkingdedede: (I keep getting it confused with his Sm4sh render...)

Top Bottom