• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

D

Deleted member 189823

Yeah, I was just really kidding. xp
Anyway, I am intesrested in picking up gaw again. (:

D

Deleted member 189823

I want to make one like that as well, with the black buttons and everything. Mostly black and white with predominating black color.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
My friend tried his hand at making one but it didn't come out too great. Not too bad either though. It was light blue on top and matte black on the bottom.

Depending on how I'm feeling I may try to make red and gold one for apex

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Wow, good stuff Gardy and Lzr. Who got first for singles? Also, will the videos be uploaded on youtube?

I feel so bad. I won a small local tournament today, and fought a GW in grand finals. Apparently I can't do the ditto at all, so I went Marth on him two sets in a row. I feel like such a scumbag for forcing that matchup upon him.

I got a custom made one that's all black (control stick replaced with PS3 stick) with all gray buttons. I think the two-tone theme is really sick, and it's meant to be in the spirit of black GW - Mostly black with a slight grayish outline.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Don't feel bad. Having characters for certain match-ups is part of the game, and is part of the skill involved in becoming good at the game. You should feel good that you made him realize that he either needs to learn that m/u better or pick up a different character.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Wow, good stuff Gardy and Lzr. Who got first for singles? Also, will the videos be uploaded on youtube?

I feel so bad. I won a small local tournament today, and fought a GW in grand finals. Apparently I can't do the ditto at all, so I went Marth on him two sets in a row. I feel like such a scumbag for forcing that matchup upon him.

I got a custom made one that's all black (control stick replaced with PS3 stick) with all gray buttons. I think the two-tone theme is really sick, and it's meant to be in the spirit of black GW - Mostly black with a slight grayish outline.

Wow I love that. that's a great idea.

Back when I get a lot of disposable money again i know this guy who makes godlike arcade sticks and i'm gonna have him make me a Game&Watch one.

it'll have a black ball top and around the control stick will be a Game&Watch character juggling it. And stick will be fashioned after a Game and Watch if you look at it from above and stuff. I have a lot of ideas but i havent had the chance to make it yet because it costs like 300 bucks.

Soon though. I wont use it for fighting games though because I already use a controller but Iwill use it for arcade games for that arcade feel

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I also faced an IC in a set for the first time ever. It was not cool, but I almost beat him with Peach. It was a mistake to use GW for 1 game.

D

Deleted member 189823

Is the key to the MU to constantly do rising FH F/B-Airs in this MU as well? I've seen a Japanese gaw player beat 9B a few years ago simliarly.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Rising fair, maybe.
Rising bair, no. You either get grabbed or uaired by doing that. Landing with a wellspaced bair is way safer.

Although my main tactic is to just sit on a platform, up b oos if ICs try to do anything and then release hell if they're popped into the air.

Needless to say, I never play on FD vs them, and neither should anyone else.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Didn't expect to go but registered last minute for sktar. Haven't played in 3 months, ready to drown :smash:

D

Deleted member 189823

I really like gaw's grounded mobility. He has a nice fox throt, and I use it a ton.
How do you guys fair with kills? His smashes are easily telegraphed, but what are your methods?

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Rolling dat c-stick, fair or dair(the one that isn't stale) and up b(**** yes).

Bacon, dthrow, bair and nair can all work as setups.

D

Deleted member 189823

I am currently experimenting with AC'd B-Air to smash attack. It's situational, and will hardly work more than once.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If they SDI bair so the groundhitbox whiffs, it's most of the time a free dsmash.
Oh and keep fair fresh for the kill too, can be done from a Dthrow easily.
Other than that just hard reads. It's not so easy to kill with GW actually.

D

Deleted member 189823

F-Air out of D-Throw? I've never heard or seen that one before...sounds pretty interesting, especially considering F-Air has actual KO potential. Do they have to tech, or something?
And yeah, I know KO'ing with gaw can sometimes be hard. I remember very few times I would get desperate when I couldn't land a KO move.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You can fair everyone out of every single option after Dthrow. It's quite useful and underrated and is the best choice if you want a consistent punish from Dthrow instead of the rare usmash or fsmash kill.

D

Deleted member 189823

We also have a garanteed F/D-Smash on lighter characters if they don't tech, right? I also heard of some D-Air combo out of D-Throw.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Fsmash MK if they don't tech, but you have to read where they DI. Dair also works on MK on all of his options and at low % it combos into a regrab.
Just beware no one is going to not tech the throw at kill % if it means an easy fsmash kill.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
If some characters don't tech (namely MK) you can buffer a dair. it's ****.

How I kill:

Rolling dat c-stick, charging smashes, outspacing people with fair, nair pseudo-combos, and my most reliable way of killing (although it takes the most work) is 150%+dair

Fresh dair is the greatest as a KO move because it's actually easy to land, even good players when they expect it get hit with that move. When I'm ahead and i want that ko, I space lots of Bair and nair+up-b until they hit 150% and I dair them.

It takes a little bit yeah but it's so satisfying to have a move you know you can land and you know is gonna get the kill eventually. Unlike when I'm peach and I'm spacing fairs until 200%

Edit: I was gonna link swei to that sick combo vinnie got on rain in japan where he dthrow>dair>fully charged usmash and killed him from a grab at like 34% but the vid isnt working =/

D

Deleted member 189823

Just beware no one is going to not tech the throw at kill % if it means an easy fsmash kill.
Oh, you'd be surprised at the things you could come up with here.

Edit: I was gonna link swei to that sick combo vinnie got on rain in japan where he dthrow>dair>fully charged usmash and killed him from a grab at like 34% but the vid isnt working =/
Oh man, that sounds so beast. I'll check it out.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Don't sleep on your up b, people.

It will kill at around 70% when fresh if you get your opponents in a string towards the edges.
My best setup is forcing a character to recover to the Smashville platform and then just up b them for the cheap kill.

That being said, this only works if it isn't stale, something it will be most of the time.

D

Deleted member 189823

That's interesting as well. When I was a newbie, I would go off-stage and KO my opponent with Up-B (my opponents were also newbies).
I was once training against a CPU Bowser, and I KO'd him at around 128% with fresh U-Air...how does that actually work?

Sar

Smash Journeyman
The second hit of uair is actually really strong. It's just that you don't hit with it very often because the first hitbox usually puffs them away.

And gardy, up-b might be stale most of the time for you, but that's because you use it a TON. That was one of the first things I noticed about your GW when I watched those stream archives. Personally, I rarely use up-B to hit my opponent. It's probably because of how much I love nair as a juggle move. Honestly, SH nair strings are the greatest things ever, especially on characters without landing options.

And for killing:
- Tipper random dsmash (this has a very deceptive range)
- Charge Usmash
- Dair
- Run-off fair

And yes, for both nair and bair, if you don't hit with the last hitbox as you're landing it usually means a free dsmash or fsmash.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
UpB is extremely overrated. It's slower than a jump so at least to that sometimes. Eventually people are going to jump with you and uair kill you at 80%.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
UpB in general is amazing. Certain characters (marth particularly) will indeed do that to you but its hard for a lot of people to punish and if it works, well, then use it.

I love UpB for pretty much the same reasons as Gardex

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't like getting so high up in the air. Landing is a pain even with GW.
And most of the time I can't even upB because people can punish me for my mistakes fast enough. It's no Marth upB.

D

Deleted member 189823

Also, what was that about rolling 'dat C-stick. I don't really like spamming smash attacks. And considering how easily telegraphed they are...

Top Bottom