• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panelists needed for AZ power rankings

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
As you all noticed, the Arizona power rankings is no longer in this room.

I moved it to the rubbish bin for the time being until an accurate power ranking list is made.

The newest one had a lot of flaws due to not having all tourney data and matchups.

I don't think I will ever be able to recover all the data so the formula is no longer effective.

So, I think we should have panelists, 3-5 of them.

Each panelists creates their top ten list, pms them to me, and I'll add up the scores.

Having 3-5 objective and unbiased panelists would probably be the best way to get an accurate list.

So, anybody want to be a panelist? The panelist has to be, objective, like I said, and also pretty involved in the AZ smash scene.

So far Azenith has asked to be one.

Anbody else?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'm pretty involved in the West Valley, plus I host the Weeklies--I know the West Valley like the back of my hand. I could probably help in some way, so I guess, I'll volunteer.

I'm confident that I can accurately envelop and rank the people from Glendale, Phoenix, Surprise and Peoria, due to my experiences playing with them.

My affiliation with the STB aside, I assure you that my work will be purely objective.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
im interested in being a panelist, ive played pretty much every smasher here in arizona, going from glendale, to phoenix, tuscon, mesa, and the SV people at the RR and T5. i watch everyones match-ups and dont take favorites to anyone.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I will do az power rankings. ALPHABETICALLY! *****ES!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dark does get around... *snickers*

But seriously, he would probably be a good choice. He's played everyone and dare I say is trustworthy.

Are you planning on extending the list past 10 then? How far?

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Who's the fairest one of all?

Dan should be a panelist.

He is very fair and impartial, and he gets out a lot and has played or seen a lot of people in AZ.

Second recommendation would be Dark since he also has played a lot of people.

Third, if there was a spot open would be Butters or Hanki since they go out of their way to play lots of people and keep up on the scene as much as they can.

Oh and a plug for the ASUGL which is now looking for Executive Board members for the three tournaments we will run over the summer, you may need to be an ASU student but I will get back to you on that.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
honestly, the only way to -truly- tell if player 'A' is better than player 'B' we would have to get every smasher in AZ to do a massive round robin(**** it sounds fun) and base the initial rankings off the results, then using the system that you guys have been using from there....but that would be a bit to much work.

i vote for a few people.
Chaostheory("one of the original puffs" lol)
Dark
Glide(he is much opinionated and see's the flaws people have)
Forward(if ya could find him..he's been all over the place)
hanki/butters(play lots of people, so they can judge good/bad pretty well i'm assuming)
EDIT:
i can't believe i forgot to put Taj on here, i was so tired when i posted this i completely forgot lol. but anyways, i vote Taj for smashboards president....and a panelist for the ranking system.

and if needed, I offer my assistance to ya. ^_^

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
Since I don't have enough experience...

I nominate, or vote for, the following people:

• Sean
  • Trent
  • B-Will
  • Dark
  • G-Mo (MaXXX)
  • Hanki or Butters
  • Coty (if he lived here :urg:)

I believe they'd have the proper experience to make this come out correctly. And I'd trust them all...except Sean. :-p jkz, much <3. Please don't JV Five stock me!

And I'd nominate Tony, but I'm pretty sure he's too lazy to do it. :-p Plus he'd try to put me in the top five or something crazy like that...>.>...

<3

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I will !!!

oh wait...

*lowers head in shame*

SOON I SHALL RETURN TO YOU IN ALL MY GLORY!!!
I hate you, Coty. I will continue to until you are back in AZ.

I'm pretty involved in the West Valley, plus I host the Weeklies--I know the West Valley like the back of my hand. I could probably help in some way, so I guess, I'll volunteer.

I'm confident that I can accurately envelop and rank the people from Glendale, Phoenix, Surprise and Peoria, due to my experiences playing with them.

My affiliation with the STB aside, I assure you that my work will be purely objective.
Eh, but you really don't have much experience playing the Tucson people. People like dark and trent have more experience.

I can only cover SV peeps.. but w/e you want to do is fine w/me
Yeah, that isn't going to work. We need people who know every city and its smashers in AZ.

So I think there will be 5 panelists.

I'd like two from Phoenix, two from Tucson, and one from flagstaff to make this even.

Phoenix: Dark and Trent are probably the best candidates
Tucson: Me and hopefully Chuckie. I've seen Chuckie discuss power rankings before and he does a very good job at it. I need to ask him about it.
Flagstaff: Who else, Omar.

Looks good?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
looks good to me except that trent is retired... i know this doesn't affect his knowledge of the game AND he has more experience than everybody ON the power ranking (minus tony sean and maybe chucky, and trevyns not on it, lawl)... BUT i thought only active smashers could be panelists? but if they CAN be... i vote for trent! lol

and no love dove, tony would take it seriously when he needs to... i recommended him mod the mewtwo rooms and bryan asked the same question :-P, but he's done good so far (yes, i visit the mewtwo thread... how can one not? mewtwo's top tier)

/sigh... i miss the sand

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Technically coty...im not completely retired..just...retired for the time being due to school. I'll probably play more this summer since I am taking it off.

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
and no love dove, tony would take it seriously when he needs to... i recommended him mod the mewtwo rooms and bryan asked the same question :-P, but he's done good so far (yes, i visit the mewtwo thread... how can one not? mewtwo's top tier)
Yah I know, I was just playin'. He didn't even want to be a panelist last time this came up though...so I dunno.

But yah, those that B-Will listed seem perfect...if they are all willing.

<3

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Technically coty...im not completely retired..just...retired for the time being due to school. I'll probably play more this summer since I am taking it off.
YAYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will take anaheim AGAIN!!! lol

freaking sweet, AZ needs its puff back!!!

wildwookie05

Smash Cadet
Brooklyn NYC but com from Mo' ****in' Glendale AZ
Are there going to be vice-panelists, you know, in case of assassinations?
If so, I vote maxx for vice-phoenix-panelist, and hanki/butters to be the almost god-like assassins, Killer 2, to get him on the panel.

jay kay,

in all seriousness, can't wait for the new list. Panel seems good, reliable set of people.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I could be a panelist. No problem. :)
I would've said Taj$ if I thought he was interested.

He would make a good panelist and ...

"Mmmm what do you say,
Mmmm that you only meant well?
well of course you did
Mmmm what do you say,
Mmmm that's all for the best?
ah of course it is
Mmmm what do you say?
Mmmm that it's just what we need"

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
Butters for President! I agree, but G-mo also can be a great candidate. Vato is back!

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
I know! B-will tried to keep me behind bars, but you can't destroy the STB.

Enix_Moogle

Smash Apprentice
I'm in, but when Coty moves back I'll probably have him take my spot.

HANKI!!! EMPTY YOUR PMs!!!!!!!

Anyway, if Light and Butters can PM me their numbers it would be helpful.

Top Bottom