• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panda's Discoveries! (New AT, Auto-RAR, and C-stick Neutrals) UPDATE: NAME DECIDED!

Sanguimancer

Smash Apprentice
What exactly was the problem, I'm having the same issue. Whenever I press the C-Stick in the opposite direction i just turn around and do my special. Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong.

Also, the auto-rar is really nice and as a Lucas main these two techniques seem really great.

Edit* Oh, I just got it, the c-stick and jump have to be pressed at the same time. That didn't really come across in the original post, you should probably clarify that part.

Wavebouncing is a horrible name, please don't use it.
I was wrong in this post, you don't want to press the buttons at the same time. You jump and press backwards on the C-Stick, but you still have to be holding forward on the analogue control stick for it to work. If you don't keep holding forward, you just stop where you are and shoot the pk-fire.

Swil

Smash Apprentice
Wavebouncing originated from 019 (zero nineteen) on YouTube finding out that you can get shoved back slightly when using the C-stick for special attacks.
Yeah 019 was the one that called it wavebouncing. Although I doubt he discovered the technique, because he made his video after it had already been figured out, but because of his huge youtube popularity the wavebouncing name got thrown around as if it was the "official" name.

Brandon72196

Smash Apprentice
I have a question. Can this be done with a Classic Controler? because the left analog stick can be used for specials.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sorry Wavebouncing is here to stay. It's waaaaaaaaaaaay too late to try and stop it from catching on to popular speak. B-Sticking will be probally be the technical name.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this has already been posted on the thread, but how the heck can you possibly do this without mapping the c-stick to specials. I tend to stutter step mario's fsmash, extending his fsmash, which is easily possible with the c-stick with smashes, and I really don't want to effect that. I also use the c-stick for arials...

Again, if someone already posted this, my bad....

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if this has already been posted on the thread, but how the heck can you possibly do this without mapping the c-stick to specials. I tend to stutter step mario's fsmash, extending his fsmash, which is easily possible with the c-stick with smashes, and I really don't want to effect that. I also use the c-stick for arials...

Again, if someone already posted this, my bad....

Yea i have the same problem as you too. I use the C-stick for smashing and juggling and is extremely useful for Mario's upair. It'll take too much time for me to adjust to new controls. Is there any other way without having to change the controls?

Top Bottom