• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Palutena's Match Ups - NEW FORMAT: ALL CHARACTER DISCUSSION

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Can we please discuss the Bayonetta matchup next? With this $5.99 threat running around placing high at tournaments and zero to deathing people at 0% it would probably be in our best interest to discuss her...now!
I've been switching to Palutena as a counter for Bayonetta lol; Palu's game is heavily shield - grab focused, and Bayonetta has pretty much.... nothing to stop that lol. Her Witch Time is less useful in the matchup because you're mostly going to be grabbing anyway, her neutral seems slower compared to other characters and her moves aren't that safe on shield, and her throws don't combo very well so she can't punish us for being in shield that well. That said, all my Bayonetta matches have been long, you have to be patient. And you have to be a little less aggressive than usual because there is that Witch Time option, so no going for hard U-smash or F-smash reads unfortunately.. but overall, I'd say Palutena (or any character that is reliant on grabs) will have good matchups against Bayonetta.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hello, Palutena mains. Please advise if I'm in the wrong place.

Ganondorf mains are currently going over the Ganon vs Palutena matchup here.

Your input on the light vs darkness matchup would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Top Bottom