• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's default moveset

Which of Palutena's special moves (of the default set) do you find viable?

• Total voters

chris1855

Smash Cadet
NNID
mario1855
Those Jab shenanigans is something I use quite a bit, more in particular to the Jab > Jab > (Insert Follow Up).

• Jab > Uair works good as a kill option at high percents.
  • Jab > Nair is great for early percents as damage racker, and also (if timed right) can be Auto-Canceled into an Uair. With characters like fox, this is pretty easy. Characters like Kirby......not so much.
  • Jab > Jab > Fair is a nice alternative if Jab > Jab > Nair or Uair isn't a good option. Plus, it would be the second quickest aerial to land other than Nair. And depending where your at on the stage, it could give you stage advantage.
  • Jab > Jab > Bair kinda same scenario with Fair, although it would deal a bit more damage. As long as you can turn around quickly enough, it's a pretty safe option.
  • Jab > Dair: Not many options to use with this one. Would be better off using Bair instead. However, it is a pretty solid "trick em" near a ledge, and if connect, could be fatal for the opponent.
Oh Hi!
The issue with these things, even jab to grab, is that most characters can easily mash out, DI, or airdodge, so these can't be used frequently

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Oh Hi!
The issue with these things, even jab to grab, is that most characters can easily mash out, DI, or airdodge, so these can't be used frequently
Hi!
And true, they aren't something to fully rely on, that's why I use Jab as a spacer for the most part, and try to follow up if a window is open. So with these, I look at them more as mixups, than actual follow ups.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Sometimes it only takes one jab on super floaty characters like Jigglypuff and Rosalina. Jab > up air is great on floaties

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Dear Palutena mainer, dear Palutena players!

Sorry to post this but I need all of you.I think you all know of the counter problem with Lady Palutena. Thats why I prepared a video for you! I would develope more videos like that. Because of the counter bug its impossible to counter against the opponent. That can't be true!!!! In my opinion we should team upI My suggestion is that we write to Nintendo e-mails. What do you think?

Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kvWQmtvw9I

You can spread it in Youtube, Facebook, Miiverse (Palutena >SUPPORT< Community). I'm online to tell you that. I need all of you to reach this aim. Bayonetta was nerfed (edited) too!

Do you agree? Another suggestions?

Top Bottom