• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena Hitbox Visualization

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 hitboxes are interpolated, so imagine a line between a hitbox's current position and it's last. It hits that area too.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/wEBKNpI.gif

There are potentially bugs in any of these, so let me know if you notice anything particuarly off and I'll check. There have been instances of weird hitboxes that ended up being a bug.

She has some texture glitches, but the hitboxes are fine.
Note that the bigger hitboxes on fsmash and downsmash are probably windboxes. I really need to make them blue I just keep forgetting :<
Let me know if I missed any attacks

(Dtilt is glitchy, I'll have to manually fix it...)

Edit:
Added these and added windbox display for Fsmash and Dsmash

Edit:

Mini-FAQ:
Q: How did you make these?
A: I made a parser for animcmd commands and applied it to the model and animation from the 3DS version of the game.

Q: Can you do hurtboxes?
A: Not yet

Q: These don't look like the quality of the Wii U models, why?
A: These are 3DS models (and data). There isn't a difference in frame data between Wii U and 3DS.

Q: This attack looks wrong, is this actually correct?
A: Let me know which one and I'll check. It's possible for a bug or two to mess up stuff.

Q: The image isn't playing.
A: There are play, reverse, and frame advance buttons under the images. They may be hard to see.

Q: Can I use these for my guide?
A: Yes.

Thank you

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I think I take U-air's size for granted O_o

Thanks a ton for doing these for all the characters!

Last edited:

mrpocari21

Smash Rookie
NNID
mrpocari21
3DS FC
0619-3677-7277
Thank you so much for these! Much appreciated!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Is there a way to differentiate which ones are hitboxes and windboxes?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Is there a way to differentiate which ones are hitboxes and windboxes?
Easiest way is to know which is which.

The 2nd and 3rd phases of Fsmash hitboxes are windboxes, and the 3rd, largest Dsmash hitbox is a windbox. There are no others in her normals.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Smash 4 hitboxes are interpolated, so imagine a line between a hitbox's current position and it's last. It hits that area too.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/wEBKNpI.gif

There are potentially bugs in any of these, so let me know if you notice anything particuarly off and I'll check. There have been instances of weird hitboxes that ended up being a bug.

She has some texture glitches, but the hitboxes are fine.
Note that the bigger hitboxes on fsmash and downsmash are probably windboxes. I really need to make them blue I just keep forgetting :<
Let me know if I missed any attacks

(Dtilt is glitchy, I'll have to manually fix it...)

Mini-FAQ:
Q: How did you make these?
A: I made a parser for animcmd commands and applied it to the model and animation from the 3DS version of the game.

Q: Can you do hurtboxes?
A: Not yet

Q: These don't look like the quality of the Wii U models, why?
A: These are 3DS models (and data). There isn't a difference in frame data between Wii U and 3DS.

A: Let me know which one and I'll check. It's possible for a bug or two to mess up stuff.

Q: The image isn't playing.
A: There are play, reverse, and frame advance buttons under the images. They may be hard to see.

Q: Can I use these for my guide?
A: Yes.

Thank you
I love this! Thank you for your hard work. Do you think you can put the HB for her counter and reflect too?

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
Heavenly light seems like the biggest items off hitbox ingame.

Oh and many thx for this! Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
I made wind boxes blue now, so it is more obvious.

I love this! Thank you for your hard work. Do you think you can put the HB for her counter and reflect too?
Added!

Fireboy

Smash Rookie
A: Thank you so much for all of this info
B: Can you please double check the Usmash? I feel like it extends farther below her, that or I've just been barley clipping people's heads with it.

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Look correct to me. I guess you are just barely getting them :p
It hits below her very very very slightly. So basically not at all.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Bless you Furil! This is a great resource for existing and future Palutena mains.

Mods can we please have this stickied?

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
A: Thank you so much for all of this info
B: Can you please double check the Usmash? I feel like it extends farther below her, that or I've just been barley clipping people's heads with it.
Characters with bad ledge hangs (characters whose hurtboxes peek over the ledge--DK, Charizard, Ness, Lucas, etc.) are able to be hit by up smash. Characters who only have a hand on the ledge (Samus, Falcon, ZSS, Sheik--usually taller characters) can avoid it.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Easiest way is to know which is which.

The 2nd and 3rd phases of Fsmash hitboxes are windboxes, and the 3rd, largest Dsmash hitbox is a windbox. There are no others in her normals.
Well yeah I know that its just I'm wondering where they overlap. Where does the actual hit box end. But it looks like they were updated with blue hitboxes to show where the windboxes are since they were first uploaded. Everything was just red on down smash and f smash for a while so you couldn't tell which part was what.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well yeah I know that its just I'm wondering where they overlap. Where does the actual hit box end. But it looks like they were updated with blue hitboxes to show where the windboxes are since they were first uploaded. Everything was just red on down smash and f smash for a while so you couldn't tell which part was what.
I had explained it that way because according to the data, each phase of Fsmash/Dsmash does NOT overlap. When one starts the previous hitboxes are terminated, or at least overridden and unable to hit. I'm not sure why they're shown overlapping in duration here now.

Furil Furil

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
You are correct, it was a problem caused when I made windboxes blue.
I'll fix it in just a moment. Third times the charm?

Edit:
Fixed!

Last edited:

lRasha

Smash Apprentice

First, I want to say thank you for sharing these!! It's helpful. Second, since it's okay for me to point this out, her Dair doesn't look like that. She uses her staff to swipe quickly.

Furil

Smash Apprentice
First, I want to say thank you for sharing these!! It's helpful. Second, since it's okay for me to point this out, her Dair doesn't look like that. She uses her staff to swipe quickly.
I always thought that too, because the effect obscures it a bunch, but it's indeed a kick.
The ssb wiki page describes it as a "downward arcing kick".

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I always thought that too, because the effect obscures it a bunch, but it's indeed a kick.
The ssb wiki page describes it as a "downward arcing kick".
I can also confirm that it's actually a kick. It really seems like a staff move though. Also can we get this thread stickied? or perhaps added to an existing resource sticky?

lRasha

Smash Apprentice
Wow... I've been deceived this whole time... And she's the one I use the most lol xD

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Dear Palutena mainer, dear Palutena players!

Sorry to post this but I need all of you.I think you all know of the counter problem with Lady Palutena. Thats why I prepared a video for you! I would develope more videos like that. Because of the counter bug its impossible to counter against the opponent. That can't be true!!!! In my opinion we should team upI My suggestion is that we write to Nintendo e-mails. What do you think?

Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kvWQmtvw9I

You can spread it in Youtube, Facebook, Miiverse (Palutena >SUPPORT< Community). I'm online to tell you that. I need all of you to reach this aim. Bayonetta was nerfed (edited) too!

Do you agree? Another suggestions?

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
all her movements are so gorgeous :4palutena: she should get a free K.O. for her neutral air, beautiful!

Chike

Smash Rookie
NNID
IMCHEEKS
Switch FC
SW 4091 4519 2229
Great stuff! Not to impose but is there a chance you could get her ledge attack, get-up attacks, rapid jab, rapid jab finisher and, if possible, her Autoreticle range?

Also, I'm not sure if it's just my phone but the visualizations for her grabs aren't showing up. Anyways, thanks a ton for this post!

Top Bottom